What’s Your Healthy Fitness Horoscope?

I had to make a quick run out to the store earlier today, and as I was walking through the door, I realized that the air temperature in my garage wasn’t feeling all that different from the air temperature in my house.

Yowsahs.

I’m pretty sure that the Code-ster was not too happy with me.

It was just downright soupy, so I had no choice but to cave and actually turn the AC on (we’ve been turning it on and off during the day/night).I mean, how could I turn down this face? Winking smile

You guys already know that I’m sort of a stickler for using the AC and I have no other reason except for the fact that I just don’t want to pay for it. But I suppose when my weather man tells me that the air temp currently feels like 101 degrees, I’d be an idiot for not using it. Right?

Lunch

Well, it’s still hot…lunch is still cold.

But AMAZINGLY delicious.

I picked up a huge container of blueberries at Sam’s Club today and couldn’t wait to get back home to incorporate them into a nice, cold smoothie.

For today’s Blueberry-Banana Smoothie, I used:

• 1 frozen, sliced banana
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1 scoop vanilla Sun Warrior protein powder*
  • ~1/4 cup oats
  • pinch xanthan gum

*I ordered my Sun Warrior through iHerb.com and I love, love, LOVE it. Remember, you can still get $5.00 off your first order with my exclusive coupon code: SAZ564.

This had to be the best smoothie I’ve had since this one, and it actually has me pretty full right now so I’m going to hold off on eating my planned Cashew Cookie Larabar until I feel some tummy grumbles.

Now, let’s talk astrology!

Healthy Fitness Horoscopes

I recently came across this article from SparkPeople about how your astrological sign can effect the types of workouts that may fit your personality best. Typically, I’m not really into the whole “What’s your sign?” thing, but this particular article really seemed to spark my interest (<—pun intended).

I was especially intrigued when I read my Fitness Horoscope (Holla!! to any of my fellow Aquarians out there!):

“If you are an Aquarius, you thrive in social settings. Being alone stifles your creativity and brings you down, so take advantage of your friendly nature and join a fitness class. In your mind, the more the merrier! You have a very open mind when it comes to new ideas. This means you’re often the first one in your circle of friends to try a new fitness activity. You adopt the latest trends and equipment into your program, even when others are reluctant to change. You have a strong social conscience, so why not combine your fitness goals with charity work? Sign up for a 5K or 10K run for charity, or swing a hammer to build a home for a less fortunate family. You can get fit and feel good at the same time.”

Fitness classes? Check!

Trying out new activities? Check!

Run a 10K? Check!

Maybe this whole horoscope thing is actually onto something?? Winking smile

Questions for the Afternoon:

• What’s your sign? (you had to see that one coming)
  • Do you believe in/follow horoscopes and/or astrological signs?
  • Does your sign match what the article says?

Comments

As a fellow stickler for AC, I know that internal battle all too well. “Should I sweat it out to save some dollas? Should I force everyone around me to be hot? Should I abandon ship and head to the Air Conditioned mall?” it’s an everyday struggle, but lately has ended with me giving in happily for some respite from the heat.

I’m a Virgo, but I’ve found that I can find bits and pieces of me in all of them. Then again, their suggestion of an extremely organized fitness/eating routine definitely fits…

I absolutely can NOT stand the heat. Lucky for me, we don’t have to pay utilities at our apartment building. Even if we did though, I’d still have the AC on. Otherwise I am beyond cranky. But I’m writing from DC where the heat index is currently 115…

Also, love the fitness horoscope. I’m a Taurus and basically it’s telling me that I love to eat and drink alcohol, hate rough textures and love exercising outside more than inside. Check, check and CHECK!

3. Kathryn says

I’m a Cancer, and while I don’t live life by my sign, I do believe that it has some impact on my personality. The article does fit for me. My main issue with not going to the gym more often is having to get there (though it’s not really feasible for me to workout at home) even though it’s not even 1/2 mile away. I LOVE the water, I have loved the water all my life. I used to spend the entire summer in a bathing suit when I could. With 2 kids, it’s really hard to get to the gym or pool. Neither of them can swim yet and hubby hates the pool (the chlorine) so we don’t go as often as I’d like. I really just need to start getting my butt out of bed at 5 am so I can go to the gym before the kids wake up and hubby has to get ready for work.

Your shake looks awesome! I need to really reign it in with the air conditioner. We didnt have one for like 3 years, then last year caved and bought one for the bedroom, and THIS year, caved and bought one for the living room. I’ve LOVED it though and am afraid to see my electric bill. One extreme to the other with me!

I totally don’t buy into horoscopes, but mine was actually pretty on! I’m a Leo, and it talks about liking to train solo but also organize social athletic events. I’m guilty of both! And keep that A/C on, girl- it’s horrible out there!

I am a Pisces and when I looked at the article the description fit me perfectly! It said I would love dance (I danced since I was 4 and all through college) and I love challenging myself with new things and refuse to accept that no is an answer. I recently signed up with a personal trainer because I wanted to be pushed to do things I never would or think to do on my own.

Great article! Thanks for sharing :)

Oh the AC, it is sooo hot here. WITh the AC running, our house barely stays at 83 degrees. I can’t image how bad it would be if we didn’t run it!
    I find it crazy that the signs are a little spot on as far as personalities go but I don’t follow them at all…

Oh man, I’m a Scorpio and just read mine about perfectionism. I’ve really been struggling with losing fitness because I’ve been of exercise from my surgery. That was just the message I needed!

Fun fact that my Dad taught me, he manages office building, if you turn your AC on and off a lot it can be more expensive. Why? Because the energy it takes a for a hot room to get cool is immense so each time it goes off it takes more energy/works harder when its turned back on (takes the room longer to get cool). So in the long run keeping AC on but changing the temp up and down is best. Just thought that might help!

10. Jess Masters says

Thanks for the article share :-) As a scorpio, the article read that “we” tend to get frustrated that our fitness goals, our current fitness level, and reality don’t all match. And that’s so true! But, I wanted to say that your posts about taking breaks and listening to your body are extremely helpful in combating those negative thoughts and helping me remember that taking time for myself, my husband, and my family are just as important and I should never feel guilty for skipping a workout for those reasons :-)

Also, I’m so glad you made a smoothie for lunch. I was thinking about making one for myself, and I’m taking yours as a sign to head into the kitchen as soon as I hit the period key and make one myself.

Enjoy your day, Court — and stay cool! I’m completely agree with the use of it a/c, but it’s just TOO HOTTTTT to play games with the electric bill today.

I’m an Aries, and typically I do believe in horoscopes. I mean, I don’t think they explain everything, but they’re fun to read and, for me, are mostly spot on. However, the Spark People thing didn’t explain me at all… it said that if I want a class (kickboxing, for example), and my gym doesn’t offer it, I’ll start one myself… umm… nope! I’ll either go to another gym or try other classes. I might buy a Groupon for kickboxing classes if they offer them, but I would be way too busy to try to get people to come and create a new class with me.

Actually, the article was pretty wrong for everything. It said I like to switch things up, which also isn’t true… I do some different things, but I rarely change when I find something I like. I tried to pick up running, but that was an epic fail. I mostly do the elliptical, strength training, body pump classes, and Zumba, and I’m happy with that!

I am a Virgo and my typical sign traits are 100% true! There is no denying the Virgo in me and this article proves it even more, it says I don’t like chaos and like to plan my workouts in advance which is so true of me!

I’m an aquarius too! I guess this fits me, definitely in terms of running for charity and I do like fitness classes but not for the social aspect more for the motivation factor. I’m definitely more of a solo worker-outter, I like to get in a zone

Wow neat article. I am a Scorpio, and while I usually do not follow astrology I do have to admit that my sign had some merit to it!

My friends and I used to be *so* into buying horoscope books. We were all really freaked out once when my friend’s horoscope told her to be careful crossing the street that day! I’m a cancer and my whole family finds it quite funny because they often think I’m crabby.

that smoothie looks amazinggg.
    surprisingly enough, my fitness horoscope didn’t really line up with what i thought it would! i don’t really believe that horoscopes are very accurate, but usually mine line up pretty well!

I’m an Aquarius too! And that article’s section about us is very true. I enjoy taking classes and getting energy from everyone else. And I enjoy doing things for a good cause, especially since it makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks for sharing. I just found your site and just totally love it! Great pics! Looking forward to reading more!

Brooke

What a fun post! And that smoothie looks delish! At first it looked like a cookies and cream smoothie to me…now that would be awesome :)

I’m a Taurus and one part I love is that it says “I enjoy the perks in life, including good food and good wine” Ha spot on with that!

And this part I can definitely relate to “It might take you a while to find an exercise routine that you like, but when you do, don’t mess with it as long as it works for you.” Once I found a love for Spinning and Group Power (aka BodyPump), I became certified instructors for it since I love it that much and that’s all I like to do!

19. Melanie says

I looked up my own fitness horoscope (I’m a Capricorn) and it nailed my workout habits right on the head! Thanks for sharing!

smoothie looks yummmmy

and wow lots of Aquarians here! me too!!!! but oddly I do like to be alone…I’m more creative, function better…though I love social events too but when running, training, working out I prefer to do it alone….guess i’m the odd ball (we’ll blame it on my being on the cusp of Aquarius/Capricorn-Jan 20)

Trackbacks