The New Favorites Page!

by Courtney on July 27, 2011

All yesterday afternoon, this morning, and some of this afternoon, I have been hard at work on the ‘ol bloggy!

I’ve been working so hard that I haven’t really been able to give Cody the attention that he’s so used to. Apparently, he was annoyed enough with me to come up onto the kitchen table and make me aware of it.

Darn spoiled cat.

BUT, as you may notice there on the screen, STSL has a brand-spankin’-new page!

favorites

I’ve got a new Favorites Page!

It’s something I’ve been wanting to put together for a while now and just kept finding reasons to put it off. But after a lot of searching and sorting through posts, as well as some pulling out of my hair, the page is (hopefully) complete!

You’ll see that it is broken down into four categories:

Favorite “Just Because” Posts

IMG_5690-11

Favorite Workout & Fitness Posts

IMG_2698-11

Favorite Cody Posts

IMG_0193-11

Favorite Restaurants

You’ll also notice that my Blog Love page has also been moved to here, since I ran out of room along the top of my home page.

I hope you all enjoy my new page as much as I do! If there are any posts that you can think of that I should have included in any particular category, please feel free to let me know!

But for now, I think I need to go and take a break from this computer. Phew!

Question for the Afternoon:

How many hours per day do you typically spend at a computer?

1 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 27, 2011 at 1:59 pm

LOVE the idea! I’ve been meaning to create one of my own

2 chloe @ 321delish July 27, 2011 at 1:59 pm

oh gosh…way too many. Getting an iphone only adds to the problem. in my house, we call it screen time. I definitely get too much screen time! Luckily I balance it out with plenty of outdoor play :)

3 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes July 27, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I spend my whole day in front of the computer while I work, then a lot of time working on my blog at night (since Im so new to it still it’s not coming naturally all the time!)

4 Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters July 27, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Your blog looks great! I can’t wait to read all the marathon training posts… google readering it!!

5 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes July 28, 2011 at 8:48 am

Aww thank you! :-) Marathon #2 training is next on my agenda!

6 Lindsey July 27, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Way too many! I am on the computer 7-8 hours a day for work, then probably another 1-2 in the evening!
Great idea, can’t wait to check out the new page!

7 Andrea @ Onion in My Hair July 27, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Fave Cody Posts – YAY!!!

I spent ALL day (day job) and all night (blogging, fun, social media) at a computer. I am scared for my eyes!!!

8 sweet and savvy July 27, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Love the page! I spend wayyyy too many hours on the computer. I am on the computer at work then I blog and research in the evenings.

9 Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters July 27, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Great page idea! I usually spend 8 work hours + 2.5 home hours (catch up on TV, blog) + 2 hrs on my iphone or ipad when I’m commuting. That’s gross… 12.5 hours?!! That’s more than half of my day. ERG

10 Holly July 27, 2011 at 2:20 pm

The page looks great!!!! :) Love Cody’s picture- he’s like ‘heeeeeeeey there’ ;)

11 Courtney July 27, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Haha, it’s one of my favorite pics of him :)

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 27, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Wow! That’s fun!!!!… Tooo much time on the computer each day! ….I’d guess 4 or 5 hours a day ish’ ….. Going to check it out!

13 Corey @ Family Fresh Meals July 27, 2011 at 2:29 pm

What a great idea! Love it! PS…. I agree.. that pic of Cody is sooooo cute! He is such a ham! heheh

14 Faith @ For the Health of It July 27, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Wayyy too freaking many hours at the computer, that’s how many! 8 at work, plus probably another 3-4 more at home…not cool at all :(

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 27, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Love the new organization! Hmmm, I probably spend about 3-4 hours each day at the computer… that’s WAY too many!

16 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 27, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Hahahahah I love it, it looks like cody is actually holding your laptop. I just made a Best Of page the other day!!

17 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 27, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Yay your new page looks awesome! Can’t wait to browse through some of the posts :). I probably spend several hours a day on my laptop..more when I’m in school. My eyes go crazy sometimes haha. Oh and btw, I’m doing my first giveaway! Yay!

18 Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian July 27, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Super cute pages!
Cody is SUPER cute!!! <3 him!
I probably spent WAY too much time on the computer, but hopefully that will change soon :)

19 Kristi July 27, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I think I spend way too much time on the computer!

20 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 27, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I love a favorites page or “best of” page, when I have enough content to fill that up I’d like to do it to, both for me and readers! I spend way too much time in front of the computer between my job & personal use. Probably about 11 hours a day!

21 Molly Carter July 27, 2011 at 4:19 pm

During the school year I only spend about an hour on the computer each day (not counting time doing lesson plans and entering grades online), but during the summer I spend waaaaaaaaay too much time online!

22 Shayla @ The Good Life July 27, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Love your new page…and love the adorable pics of the Code-ster ;)

I spend way too many hours at the computer…1 hour for blogging before work, then at work I spend 7+ hours at the computer (I’m an Office Manager), then another hour once I get home from work for more blogging misc. Phew…sometimes I wish I had a job that had me more on my feet!

23 Mallory @ It's Only Life July 27, 2011 at 4:29 pm

wayyy too many. probably a total of 4-5. i dont know though, it feels like if im not doing something with friends/ family, i’m glued to it!

24 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 27, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Since starting the blog, my time in front of the computer has increased dramatically. But I know that once work starts, it’s going to have to decrease again. I just can’t do what I’m doing now and work a full-time job. I still plan to blog, but I’ll probably only be able to spend an hour in front of the computer, versus 3-4! :)

25 Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real July 27, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I work full time in an office and my blog is new so I am always in front of a computer. I even took my laptop on a dinner date with my husband and made him go to a coffee shop with WiFi so I could blog. Love that he supports me in my Blogging efforts.

26 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine July 27, 2011 at 5:33 pm

How many hours? Um, way too many. But it’s gotten better since I started school, since I have other stuff to occupy me during the day!

27 Khushboo July 27, 2011 at 5:44 pm

TOO much time daily- 3 to 4 hours when I’m not ‘at work’ and 8+ when I am :-/

28 Carey @ Positively Blonde July 27, 2011 at 6:34 pm

a LOT! I spend my entire work day behind a computer and then some before and after work- omg, I need to cut back lol

29 Katherine July 27, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Goes to look at them!

30 Amy July 27, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Great idea to group them all together! I’ll have to see if there are any that I’ve missed :)
I spend way too much time attached to a computer every day. But that’s what you get for working in research I suppose!

31 Pure2raw twins July 28, 2011 at 8:56 am

We spend too much time on the computer!!! We try on the weekends not to be on it so much but sometimes it is hard, especially with blogging.