I Love Coupons

Yes, I love them.

There’s just something about knowing that I either a) scored myself a major deal or, b)(even better) got something for free, that gets me all giddy with excitement.

What can I say…I am definitely my father’s daughter when it comes to coupons and savings.

Don’t worry, mom. You’re the reason I know how to apply makeup…which is equally important, right? Winking smile

So why all this talk about coupons? Well this afternoon while I was out, I got an overwhelming urge for a smoothie. I thought about just waiting and making one at home, but then I remembered that I had this in my purse.

Hmmm…should I wait 20 minutes until I’m home to make a smoothie, OR pull right into the Micky-D’s drive through for a dose of free, instant gratification?

Obviously I chose the latter, but I’d say that 90% of the time I would have chosen to make my own. I’m not going to lie; I was a little apprehensive about getting my free beverage. Do you remember what happened the last time I tried a free beverage coupon at McDonald’s? Blech.

Honest opinion of the smoothie? It tasted great. I went with the pineapple mango flavor, which tasted like pure summer. I’m very aware that it’s loaded with sugar and not nearly as nutritious as one of my own would be, but hey, that’s okay for once in a while.

On a side note, I’m pretty positive that it would taste amazing with a little Malibu mixed in, but that’s not quite appropriate for 12:30 in the afternoon now, is it? Winking smile

(FYI: The smoothie was not my lunch – today’s lunch was very similar to this one.)

I’ve got to say that I have absolutely loved reading all of your comments from this morning’s Challenging Negative Self-Talk post. You guys really have some amazing things to say about yourselves, which you should all be commended for. I love seeing all the empowering thoughts…so keep ‘em coming!

Now, let’s get to today’s “Would You Rather” questions…

• Have a missing finger -OR- have an extra toe?
  • Publish your diary -OR- make a movie on your most embarrassing moment?

Extra toe and movie!

You could hide the toe {I have ugly feet so I hide them anyways} and I think a movie would be more profitable than a book – so might as well cash in! lol :)

I would rather be missing a finger, preferably my pinkie. I can’t stand the look of feet most of the time, with an extra toe I think I’d never wear sandals.

I’d rather make a movie of my most embarrassing moment. The movie would only be one embarrassing thing, while publishing my diary would be a lot of embarrassing things exposed to the world!

I love coupons too. I can’t pass up a good deal.

I love free stuff too! I went to a teacher appreciation sale yesterday and got 20 free flexible rulers and a free book! :) I felt like it was my birthday.

I would rather…

-Have a missing finger (as long as it’s not a thumb – kinda need those!)
    -Make a movie on my most embarrassing moment (my diary would be full of embarrassing things, so just sharing one would be a better deal)

According to the Body Worlds exhibit I just went to having an extra finger/toe is pretty common. I don’t know if I really believe that, but I would choose that option anyway.

I think I’d rather publish my diary–but that’s kind of a cheat answer for me, since I don’t keep one! 😉

I love that smoothie just tried it the other day myself it is the taste of summer!
    Extra toe, and a movie of my most embarrassing moment, things I wrote about in my diary would be comical as well considering when I was younger I “loved” a new boy each week

I clicked the link to your last McDonald’s coupon experience… and I have to agree. Their iced coffees usually suck. But for some reason, the one down the road from me makes insanely delicious coffees. If they didn’t I’m confident I’d never, ever stop their… Well except for random fry cravings. :)

Missing finger (especially if I lost it in some bad a** way) and movie (because I want to cast someone ridiculously good looking as myself… what? y’all wouldn’t?)

1. An extra toe…maybe it would help me swim/run faster :-)

2. A movie on my most embarrassing moment, for sure. I really have no shame, so it wouldn’t feel so bad

P.S. i am a crazy coupon lady. i rarely buy stuff without a coupon

You’re too funny with these Would You Rathers! I’m thinking what everyone else said- toe … but my most embarrassing moment is pretty bad so perhaps I’d go with the diary?! EEK! Scary thought!

PS- Coupons are the best… I used some at Chickfila the other day from the calendar and got a free meal & milkshake! It.was.awesome.

Applying makeup is definitely just as (if not more!) important as coupons :)

And some Malibu is perfectly ok at noon…hey it’s 5 o’clock somewhere right?! 😉

1. I’d rather have an extra toe…my dad would actually bode well with this one since he only has 4 toes on his left foot…he shot it off by accident when he was a kid, no joke!

2. Definitely make a movie on my most embarrassing moment…I’d much rather laugh at myself than have my personal thoughts aired out to everyone!

Have an extra toe — that’d be way easier to hide.
    And I’d make a movie! I don’t embarass too easily and it’d be cool to see myself on the silver screen…or someone who plays me anyway :)

I need to coupon more but am so clueless about it!

I can’t lie – thinking of an extra toe or fingers gives me the heebie-jeebies.

My “embarrassing” moments are just awkward – but I can put a funny spin on them. I think there’s a new show on MTV called “Awkward” – I haven’t seen it, but I’m pretty sure that’d be the title of my movie 😉

i was curious about that mcdonald’s smoothie! i may have to try it :)

extra toe…easier to hide, and you could probably get it removed….
    movie….when i was cleaning out my room (total pack rat) i found diaries and letters from intermediate and high school. omg. i died. i was cringing at what i had wrote. i would never want those things published!

I tried a McDonalds smoothie once without the yogurt and they are pretty good actually! Rather hav an extra toe, and make a movie of my most embarrasing moment…publishing my diary is way too personal!!!! hah

14. Jennifer says

When I saw you posted on your love for coupons, I jumped for joy! I work for the largest coupons and cash back site on the web – http://www.shopathome.com. I manage their Facebook page and Twitter account. I love scoring Cash Back on my online purchase + I double up with coupon codes. Huge coupon nerd : )

Can’t wait to try the BBQ Chicken Garbage Bread. Looks like Costco’s chicken bakes..my fav!