It Was A Good Day

Happy Sunday! How’s everyone doing today??

Well, backtracking quickly to yesterday; I certainly had a great half birthday.

I took the rest of the day off from blogging, but I DID…

-Eat a LOT of cake. Like, four pieces throughout the day. But shhhhh.

-Enjoy a couple 2-for-1 Sam Adams Summer beers at Chili’s with a gift card that Jay and I have had since Christmas.

-Eat a pretty delicious Caribbean Salad with grilled shrimp, along with a boatload of chips and queso which we got for FREE by signing up for their email list.

-Finally got my copy of Mama Pea’s book in the mail…

which also came along with THIS amazing pan that I ordered from Amazon.

Yes my friends. I am now the proud owner of a donut pan. Be prepared. Donut recipes will be coming!

It was a good day. Smile

*****

On another note, some of you actually have asked where the other half of my half birthday cake is. Well, here it is…

We’ve obviously been picking at it here and there. That’s how we roll. Winking smile

*****

This morning, Jay and I have been busy working around the house on odds and ends to get ready for some company we’re having today. (We’re celebrating a special someone’s birthday today!) He worked outside while I, of course, did my thang in the kitchen.

I had my glass of iced coffee to fuel me through…

…so I could finish up making these.

Since there’s an actual birthday today and hubby’s REAL birthday is actually tomorrow (and so is Cody’s!!), he requested a batch of Neapolitan cupcakes with Ice Cream frosting.

The frosting is still the same, but I decided to switch up the technique today by skipping the pastry bag and coating the edges with sprinkles. What do ya think?

This batch of cupcakes certainly does NOT compare to the amount of cupcakes I made for his birthday at last year’s party, but I think they’ll do juuuuust fine. Winking smile

Now I’ve got to go get myself presentable for our guests…see ya later gators!

Question for the Morning:

With all of this birthday talk…when is YOUR birthday? How old did you/will you turn this year? (You don’t *have* to answer that one!) Smile

Comments

I hope I get my copy of Peas and Thank You soon! It said it was supposed to be delivered on Saturday but it never came! :( Hopefully tomorrow! I really like the look of the sprinkle edges on the cupcakes! Too cute!

2. Kathryn says

I turned 26 on July 5. July is a crazy month for us…my birthday is the 5th, my mom’s is the 8th, my husband’s is the 24th, then we’ve got my step-mom, my brother-in-law, and my husband’s best friend all on the 26th.

3. Alexa says

i want some of that cake so bad! yummmmy!

the cupcakes look great with the sprinkles on the edges, like ice cream with sprinkles. :)

my birthday was april 18th and i turned 16. =)

The cupcakes look great! My birthday is September 22nd, and it’s my “golden birthday” so I’m turning 22! Want to make me some cupcakes:)

Those cupcakes look great! They remind me of the ones I sometimes buy at Crumbs bakery in NYC.

My birthday is October 7, and I will be 22. So much less exciting than 21…but I’m guaranteed to be less hungover at least. Haha!

• Nicole says

I was thinking the same thing about looking like the Crumbs cupcakes…the “good guy” ones! Looking delicious as always! :)

6. Jen M. says

My birthday is November 16 and I’ll be celebrating the first of likely many 29th birthdays because I have no intentions of hitting the 3-0, but I’ll still be celebrating because I love birthdays and birthday weeks!

I love the sprinkles on the sides, LOVE!

I love those sprinkles! Did you just ice them and then roll them on their sides?

My birthday is October 5th and I’ll be 24! PS – I was at Kinko’s today getting our programs printed and I saw a birthday card that said “Would you rather turn another year older OR eat a bucket of worms?” It totally made me think of you! :)

Fantastic cupcake sprinkles! Looking forward to your donut recipes. I have never celebrated a half birthday before, maybe we should start trying it – this year was the big 3-0 for me – memorable because I finally decided to start my blog! – and more to the point we were out in St Lucia 😀

9. Samantha H. says

I like the edge of sprinkles!

My bday is February 2nd and I will turn 26 :)

Hope you have a great week!

Love the edging on the cupcakes! I walked by a donut pan at least 6 times in A.C. Moore yesterday. I wanted one but figured I would eat waaaayyyy too many donuts for my own good! I love that they are baked and not fried though. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Great idea with the cupcakes. I will have to try that sometime. I made mama peas gluten free PB cookie dough cookies but made them in turquoise and white muffin liners and topped them with rainbow sprinkles. they where so cute! I think I got the idea of muffin cookies from you :) thank you.

Sprinkles on the edge of the cupcakes are a great idea! I loved the half birthday cake in your previous post :)

(my birthday is August 13 & ill be 24)

What a fun weekend! And I love the look of those cupcakes with the sprinkles on the edges, very creative! :)

My birthday already passed, it’s May 8th and I turned 29 so next year will be the big 3-0 for me!!

Trackbacks