Sweaty Mess Incline Intervals Workout

by Courtney on August 2, 2011

I’ve got to say…I’m loving the discussion on this afternoon’s post. CAN women be “too toned?” Make sure to check out the discussion happening, and feel free to add your two cents!

Now…I promised you all a new treadmill workout. Well, here it is!

A few days ago, I happened to come across this routine on Naomi’s blog. To be honest, a few of the numbers really freaked me out, but I loved the concept of the routine. So I went ahead and used that as a guide to create what I will call…

This routine actually reminded me a lot of this workout, only that the incline on this one starts out high and drops lower.

I will say this: Do NOT let the lower speeds fool you!

While the speeds may be low, the incline that you’re running at is intense. I honestly can’t remember the last time I worked up such a sweat with a treadmill workout!

I dare all of you to give this a try ASAP…and let me know when you do. Smile

Other Articles of Possible Interest:

Let’s Discuss: Can Women Be Too Toned? (Me! If you haven’t weighed in on the discussion yet, make sure you do…it’s a good one!)

60-Second Cardio Moves (SparkPeople)

7 Reasons to Shorten Your Workout (SparkPeople)

1 Alexa August 2, 2011 at 7:34 pm

definitely going to try that workout this week!
have you made any doughnuts with your new pan yet?! :)

2 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn August 2, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I am definitely trying this tomorrow!!! I have been kiiiind of scared of the treadmill the last while and this is a little less intimidating.

3 Katherine August 2, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Want to do this. Must get treadmill!

4 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 2, 2011 at 7:48 pm

AWESOME workout! I can’t wait to try it :). Let me know if you ever try out the ones I emailed you!

5 Odette from AmorMorado August 2, 2011 at 7:57 pm

The workout looks awesome! I do have a question I’ve been meaning to ask though, it might be super silly but you’re just the one to ask. I’ve been running for a while but always outdoors and now that I want to improve my time and work with some HITT workouts I’ve started hoping on treadmills. I noticed they have the interval option but how can you just plug in an entire workout so that it changes by itself?

Thanks for helping this treadmill newbie! :D

6 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie August 2, 2011 at 8:00 pm

i need a good sweaty workout… just getting back from corolla makes me want to detox and sweat it out!

7 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes August 2, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Holy that’s a quad burner if I ever saw one! I’ll have to try it in the upcoming weeks – tapering for a race this week so I don’t dare!

8 Shayla @ The Good Life August 2, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Wow what an awesome workout! And a great way to tone the tush too ;)

Can’t wait to try it!

9 gabriella @ embracement August 2, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I need to try this one out. Probably should give my legs a day of rest before I do this…does not look easy!

10 Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 2, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Wow–that workout looks intense!!

11 julie August 2, 2011 at 8:50 pm

ahh i did a version of this treadmill workout last week and it was INSANE. i swear i never sweat as much on a treadmill either haha and the last few minutes are insane. but so awesome after haha

12 Laura @ Cookies vs. Carrots August 2, 2011 at 9:33 pm

What an awesome work out! I might have to work this one into my training plan at some point!

13 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 2, 2011 at 10:09 pm

38 minutes of a beast workout!? Jeez louise I’ve got to try this baby out

14 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 2, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I’m honestly not sure I could make it through this workout! double digit inclines scare me!

15 Khushboo August 3, 2011 at 12:54 am

Wow that looks beastly, especially minutes 30-31!!

16 emily August 3, 2011 at 7:20 am

Wow, those inclines are CRAZY. I didn’t even know the treadmill’s incline went up that high! And here I am thinking I’m doing something nutty by putting the incline on 7. You rock!

17 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl August 3, 2011 at 7:58 am

9 mph?!?! I think even 10 seconds at that would make me puke! LOL. I may have to train just to do this workout. ;)

18 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 3, 2011 at 8:53 am

Wow … just looking at that routine makes me tired. :P

19 Ruthie Hart August 3, 2011 at 11:11 am

Hey Courtney…do you have any walking treadmill workouts? I am not a runner at all but want to start doing some intervals!

20 Courtney August 3, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Yes! I have this one: http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/workout-log/45-minute-treadmill-workout/

But now you’ve also inspired me to make another one…stay tuned! :-)

21 Sarah April 28, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I saw this as I was browsing your site and had to try it this morning! I loved it!! I continued walking on a high incline and running after 38 minutes to round off 1 hour of intense sweaty cardio and it burned 700 calories! I then did one of your new circuits and then hopped in the pool for 30 minutes of lap swim. It was a very productive and awesome morning! Thanks for your postings and ideas :) They help me not stay complacent with my workouts.

Sarah
*Varsity Student-Athlete, Synchronized Skating, 18 years of Figure Skating, Gluten, Dairy, Wheat-Free

22 Janet July 23, 2013 at 10:39 am

I prefer running outdoors, but treadmill is perfect when you don’t like the weather outside. Sometimes treadmill workouts made me exhausted, but recently I’ve learned a lot of useful advices at militarygradenutritionals.com/blog. Especially I like their recommendations on proper nutrition, which I am now trying to follow. The first positive results are already seen – I feel the overall energy and motivational increase that allows me to train more effectively.