Sweaty Mess Incline Intervals Workout

I’ve got to say…I’m loving the discussion on this afternoon’s post. CAN women be “too toned?” Make sure to check out the discussion happening, and feel free to add your two cents!

Now…I promised you all a new treadmill workout. Well, here it is!

A few days ago, I happened to come across this routine on Naomi’s blog. To be honest, a few of the numbers really freaked me out, but I loved the concept of the routine. So I went ahead and used that as a guide to create what I will call…

This routine actually reminded me a lot of this workout, only that the incline on this one starts out high and drops lower.

I will say this: Do NOT let the lower speeds fool you!

While the speeds may be low, the incline that you’re running at is intense. I honestly can’t remember the last time I worked up such a sweat with a treadmill workout!

I dare all of you to give this a try ASAP…and let me know when you do. Smile

Other Articles of Possible Interest:

Let’s Discuss: Can Women Be Too Toned? (Me! If you haven’t weighed in on the discussion yet, make sure you do…it’s a good one!)

60-Second Cardio Moves (SparkPeople)

7 Reasons to Shorten Your Workout (SparkPeople)

Comments

The workout looks awesome! I do have a question I’ve been meaning to ask though, it might be super silly but you’re just the one to ask. I’ve been running for a while but always outdoors and now that I want to improve my time and work with some HITT workouts I’ve started hoping on treadmills. I noticed they have the interval option but how can you just plug in an entire workout so that it changes by itself?

Thanks for helping this treadmill newbie! :D

ahh i did a version of this treadmill workout last week and it was INSANE. i swear i never sweat as much on a treadmill either haha and the last few minutes are insane. but so awesome after haha

Wow, those inclines are CRAZY. I didn’t even know the treadmill’s incline went up that high! And here I am thinking I’m doing something nutty by putting the incline on 7. You rock!

4. Sarah says

I saw this as I was browsing your site and had to try it this morning! I loved it!! I continued walking on a high incline and running after 38 minutes to round off 1 hour of intense sweaty cardio and it burned 700 calories! I then did one of your new circuits and then hopped in the pool for 30 minutes of lap swim. It was a very productive and awesome morning! Thanks for your postings and ideas :) They help me not stay complacent with my workouts.

Sarah
    *Varsity Student-Athlete, Synchronized Skating, 18 years of Figure Skating, Gluten, Dairy, Wheat-Free

5. Janet says

I prefer running outdoors, but treadmill is perfect when you don’t like the weather outside. Sometimes treadmill workouts made me exhausted, but recently I’ve learned a lot of useful advices at militarygradenutritionals.com/blog. Especially I like their recommendations on proper nutrition, which I am now trying to follow. The first positive results are already seen – I feel the overall energy and motivational increase that allows me to train more effectively.

6. AP says

Great workout…I did it this morning, slightly modified though. I did a 3 minute warmup at 5% incline and 7mph, then went to 10% incline, built up to 15% then back down (essentially I did the 1st half in backwards sequence), and the slow portions were between 3.5 to 4.0mph. Thank you!

Trackbacks