Old and New

This afternoon pretty much consisted of what I’d dub “old & new” stuff. But whether old or new, I’d have to say that everything was equally awesome. For example…

Old

My “new” favorite Blueberry-Banana Smoothie, although I guess it’s not really “new” anymore. Thank goodness I finally got my act together and threw some bananas in the freezer.

God, I think I could drink this thing every day!

More Old…AND New

Around 3:00 today, I finally worked up enough motivation for a light workout. The “old” in this equation would be the 10lb. Slimdown Yoga video that I did. This is definitely one of my favorite workout DVD’s.

The “new” in this equation would be the Personal Training with Jackie Crunch-Free Xtreme Abs DVD. I actually received this DVD back when I was at Fitbloggin’ but just tried it out for the first time today. The DVD is divided into 2- 15 minute workouts; I opted for the standing abs workout today which was really good. My abs were definitely feelin’ it.

Now…for the NEW!

I am officially in love.

I gave my donut pan a whirl for the first time today and all I can say is…wow. (<—I do also realize I’m technically not spelling “donut” right, but it’s easier this way, so I’m stickin’ to it!)

I even got a little crazy by adding chopped blueberries to a few of the donuts.

Like I said…I’m in love. And that’s even without adding any glaze to them.

But that’s not to say I didn’t add any type of frosting to these bad boys.

I found out today that my Fudgy Frosting pairs very, VERY well with these plain cake donuts.

I think I’m in trouble.

Don’t worry…recipe to come!

*****

Tonight, I’m actually headed out to meet up with some (but sadly, not all) of my beloved local blends for dinner. I’ll be sure to fill ya’ll in tomorrow!

**FYI: Don’t forget to get your entries in for the iHerb.com Shopping Spree! **

Questions for the Evening:

What would be your ideal donut?

Did you try anything NEW today?

Comments

1. Alexa says

i want a donut pan SO bad right now! where did you get it?! or maybe i just want one of your donuts. yummmm. i am now expecting new donut recipes weekly! :)

Oh donuts…I used to be obsessed with them. Then I made some at a friends house and I was thoroughly grossed out by how much crisco was used haha. Now, if they are baked and not fried- then I’m all for them :). Some kind of chocolate donut or one with a creme-filled inside sounds perfect to me

Wow those donuts look great! Can’t wait to see the recipe :) I always tell people I am allergic to donuts so they don’t offer me one! hahaha. I love those circles waaaaay too much. So a healthy version sounds amazing.
    As for the flavor….. a butter almond donut with amaretto cream frosting. mmmmmmm
    great… now I am craving donuts, mad style!
    XO

I love “long john” donuts. It’s the long donut with creme filling and chocolate frosting. Sooooo good!!!

Regarding something “new” … I worked on my “new” blog today … one of my friends is helping me tweak it. It’s not up and running yet, but I’m hoping it will be my tomorrow morning. Yay!

Ahhh, the doughnuts are so cute! The blueberry ones look awesome.

In Portland, OR there’s a place called Voodoo Doughnuts. They have one on the menu…raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Cap’n Crunch Berries. I. Need. It.

• Jen M. says

Ahhhh, yes, Voodoo, they are about a 6 block walk from my office, I purposely try to avoid them or I’d be eating donuts for lunch every day. ;) I love the maple bacon one, and the one with oreos on top!! From normal donut shops, I like maple bars, unfilled chocolate long johns, apple fritters and the old fashioned cake and glazed kind. Somehow, I restrain myself and only have donuts a couple of times a year. But now I want to make homemade ones!

Wow do I want that donut now! And your frosted ones look so professional…they remind me of my ultimate fav donut, the class Old-Fashioned Chocolate Donut :)

Tonight for dinner I’m going to try a new brand of chicken sausages, so I’m excited for that!

I did try something new today – I made black bean burgers from scratch! I only like donuts that are like Krispy Kreme (the light, airy ones). I don’t like the cake ones, but that probably goes without saying ;)

Wooooo!! Out with the old and in with the new (donut pans)!!

Hoorayyyyyyy for new stuff. I am just in love with warm fresh donuts, my favorite being cinnamon sugar (but vanilla is definitely a classic). I prefer them from my favorite spot on the shore, but will also enjoy the occasional Krispy Kreme.

I love blueberry cake donuts but It would have to have vanilla glaze on it! Although who is to say I wouldn’t love chocolate..I’m actually pretty certain you wouldn’t hear me complaining:)

That looks delicious! Peanut butter + choc chip donut for sure would be amazing! I just tried xanthan gum in my smoothie and wow, i’m never going without it again!!

11. Nicole says

Those donuts look so good! Can’t wait for the recipe…

My something “new” today: your walking treadmill interval workout. I usually run on the treadmill, so I figured that this walking workout would be a breeze. Boy, was I wrong – those crazy inclines kicked my booty!!

I need to get the bigger doughnut pan to pair with my mini-pan. Baking doughnuts is so much fun, especially when they are teeny tiny! So cute and delish. :D I guarantee Jay’s coworkers would love for him to bring some of yours in to share!

Trackbacks