Old and New

by Courtney on August 3, 2011

This afternoon pretty much consisted of what I’d dub “old & new” stuff. But whether old or new, I’d have to say that everything was equally awesome. For example…

Old

My “new” favorite Blueberry-Banana Smoothie, although I guess it’s not really “new” anymore. Thank goodness I finally got my act together and threw some bananas in the freezer.

God, I think I could drink this thing every day!

More Old…AND New

Around 3:00 today, I finally worked up enough motivation for a light workout. The “old” in this equation would be the 10lb. Slimdown Yoga video that I did. This is definitely one of my favorite workout DVD’s.

The “new” in this equation would be the Personal Training with Jackie Crunch-Free Xtreme Abs DVD. I actually received this DVD back when I was at Fitbloggin’ but just tried it out for the first time today. The DVD is divided into 2- 15 minute workouts; I opted for the standing abs workout today which was really good. My abs were definitely feelin’ it.

Now…for the NEW!

I am officially in love.

I gave my donut pan a whirl for the first time today and all I can say is…wow. (<—I do also realize I’m technically not spelling “donut” right, but it’s easier this way, so I’m stickin’ to it!)

I even got a little crazy by adding chopped blueberries to a few of the donuts.

Like I said…I’m in love. And that’s even without adding any glaze to them.

But that’s not to say I didn’t add any type of frosting to these bad boys.

I found out today that my Fudgy Frosting pairs very, VERY well with these plain cake donuts.

I think I’m in trouble.

Don’t worry…recipe to come!

*****

Tonight, I’m actually headed out to meet up with some (but sadly, not all) of my beloved local blends for dinner. I’ll be sure to fill ya’ll in tomorrow!

**FYI: Don’t forget to get your entries in for the iHerb.com Shopping Spree! **

Questions for the Evening:

What would be your ideal donut?

Did you try anything NEW today?

1 Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters August 3, 2011 at 7:07 pm

how fun! I really need to buy myself a donut pan… my ideal donut is FLUFFY with a maple glaze. have you heard of Psycho Donuts? They’re combos are crazy cool… S’mores Donut is my fave :)

2 Courtney August 3, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I have NOT heard of pyscho donuts, but I’m totally intrigued!!

3 sweet and savvy August 3, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I’m super jealous of That donut pan! Although, if I had one, I’d probably be forced to eat a dozen donuts a day..

4 Alexa August 3, 2011 at 7:14 pm

i want a donut pan SO bad right now! where did you get it?! or maybe i just want one of your donuts. yummmm. i am now expecting new donut recipes weekly! :)

5 Courtney August 3, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Amazon! It was only, like, $14 maybe?

6 Lindsey August 3, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Anything peanut butter!! I cannot wait to get a donut pan!

7 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 3, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Oh donuts…I used to be obsessed with them. Then I made some at a friends house and I was thoroughly grossed out by how much crisco was used haha. Now, if they are baked and not fried- then I’m all for them :). Some kind of chocolate donut or one with a creme-filled inside sounds perfect to me

8 Corey @ Family Fresh Meals August 3, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Wow those donuts look great! Can’t wait to see the recipe :) I always tell people I am allergic to donuts so they don’t offer me one! hahaha. I love those circles waaaaay too much. So a healthy version sounds amazing.
As for the flavor….. a butter almond donut with amaretto cream frosting. mmmmmmm
great… now I am craving donuts, mad style!
XO

9 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 3, 2011 at 7:26 pm

That donut pan is totally awesome. I bought two so I could make a dozen at the same time.
I want to make a chocolate one and top it with marshmallow creme and chopped graham crackers. I’m all about the s’mores this week.

10 Blog is the New Black August 3, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Can’t wait for the recipes! Esp adding bberries- GREAT call! ;)

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 3, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Oh that donut pan looks dangerous! :)

12 Amy August 3, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I love Dunkin Donuts’ chocolate kremes….so disgustingly sweet but so so good :)

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 3, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I love “long john” donuts. It’s the long donut with creme filling and chocolate frosting. Sooooo good!!!

Regarding something “new” … I worked on my “new” blog today … one of my friends is helping me tweak it. It’s not up and running yet, but I’m hoping it will be my tomorrow morning. Yay!

14 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles August 3, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I always spell it “donut” also – it’s just easier!
I love cake donuts w/ maple frosting and chocolate sprinkles. Ooh! I could go for one right now…good things there’s a 24-hour donut shop just down the street. :)

15 Courtney August 3, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Oooo man, that would be TROUBLE for me! ;)

16 Erica August 3, 2011 at 7:42 pm

i’d like to try a coffee flavored glazed donut, covered in chocolate :)

today i tried haupia flavored yogurt. it was goooood :)

17 Kayla @ Sprouty Buns August 3, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I love long johns but with no filling. I wont eat anything that’s filled or layered with cream or jam … unless its frosting, then I’m all over it!

18 Jamie @ snacktress August 3, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Ahhh, the doughnuts are so cute! The blueberry ones look awesome.

In Portland, OR there’s a place called Voodoo Doughnuts. They have one on the menu…raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Cap’n Crunch Berries. I. Need. It.

19 Jen M. August 3, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Ahhhh, yes, Voodoo, they are about a 6 block walk from my office, I purposely try to avoid them or I’d be eating donuts for lunch every day. ;) I love the maple bacon one, and the one with oreos on top!! From normal donut shops, I like maple bars, unfilled chocolate long johns, apple fritters and the old fashioned cake and glazed kind. Somehow, I restrain myself and only have donuts a couple of times a year. But now I want to make homemade ones!

20 Courtney August 3, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Is that the one that was on Man vs. Food?!?! With the huge donuts??? YUM!!

21 Shayla @ The Good Life August 3, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Wow do I want that donut now! And your frosted ones look so professional…they remind me of my ultimate fav donut, the class Old-Fashioned Chocolate Donut :)

Tonight for dinner I’m going to try a new brand of chicken sausages, so I’m excited for that!

22 Shayla @ The Good Life August 3, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Oh, and any donut with peanut butter would be my ideal! Think you can make that happen? ;)

23 Courtney August 3, 2011 at 9:06 pm

I am totally going to try! ;)

24 Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 3, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Yes, please do post!!!! I have a donut pan just waiting for a recipe!!

25 Cait @ Cait hates Cake August 3, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I did try something new today – I made black bean burgers from scratch! I only like donuts that are like Krispy Kreme (the light, airy ones). I don’t like the cake ones, but that probably goes without saying ;)

26 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) August 3, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I am seriously in need of a donut pan, omg how delicious!

27 Emma @ Microcosm of Life August 3, 2011 at 9:17 pm

!!! DONUT PAN !!!

I am seriously considering buying one and just making all of my baked goods in the shape of donuts. I’m talking brownies, cookies, cheesecake, anything! Everything is better as a donut.

28 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill August 3, 2011 at 9:24 pm

10lb Slim Down is one of my favorites too! And yuuuumm!! Those look incredibly delicious!

29 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre August 3, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I tried a bunch of new products tonight actually that I just posted about. Those donuts look AHHHmazing!

30 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews August 3, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I love Jackie Warner workout DVDs! I want to try that one for sure.

31 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 3, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I love chocolate glazed donuts!

32 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 3, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Wooooo!! Out with the old and in with the new (donut pans)!!

Hoorayyyyyyy for new stuff. I am just in love with warm fresh donuts, my favorite being cinnamon sugar (but vanilla is definitely a classic). I prefer them from my favorite spot on the shore, but will also enjoy the occasional Krispy Kreme.

33 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories August 3, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Looks like I need to get a donut pan before “soon”!

34 Jackie @ That Deep Breath August 4, 2011 at 12:33 am

I seriously need a donut pan. Ohhh the recipes I could make!

35 Grace August 4, 2011 at 12:51 am

I love blueberry cake donuts but It would have to have vanilla glaze on it! Although who is to say I wouldn’t love chocolate..I’m actually pretty certain you wouldn’t hear me complaining:)

36 Khushboo August 4, 2011 at 12:52 am

That looks delicious! Peanut butter + choc chip donut for sure would be amazing! I just tried xanthan gum in my smoothie and wow, i’m never going without it again!!

37 Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 4, 2011 at 4:21 am

Maybe an apple cinnamon donut? Or something with almonds?

38 Nicole August 4, 2011 at 8:39 am

Those donuts look so good! Can’t wait for the recipe…

My something “new” today: your walking treadmill interval workout. I usually run on the treadmill, so I figured that this walking workout would be a breeze. Boy, was I wrong – those crazy inclines kicked my booty!!

39 Courtney August 4, 2011 at 9:04 am

Oh YAY! I’m so glad you liked ‘em! :)

40 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl August 4, 2011 at 8:59 am

I need to get the bigger doughnut pan to pair with my mini-pan. Baking doughnuts is so much fun, especially when they are teeny tiny! So cute and delish. :D I guarantee Jay’s coworkers would love for him to bring some of yours in to share!

41 Katie @ Changing Patterns August 4, 2011 at 9:15 am

Wow, you make me want a donut pan now! My favorite donut is blueberry cake…mmm…

42 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers August 4, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Those donuts look so goo! Makes me want to go get my own donut pan.

43 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers August 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm