Thought I Lost Him

This afternoon, I almost thought I lost Cody.

Well, actually that’s sort of just me being overly dramatic. But typically, Cody is around me all day long. So by mid afternoon, when I realized that I hadn’t seen him in at least a few hours, I started to worry that maybe he had gotten outside when I opened up the door earlier.

Only a quick search later and I realized that Cody was down in the basement, most likely seeking solace from the extra heat that’s been building up here.

Either that…or he was pumpin’ some iron again? Winking smile

Ahhhh, don’t let him fool you…he’s a total softy as soon as you show him you’re ready and willing to play.

Dinner

Last week, I bought a package of whole wheat tortillas because I had quesadillas on the brain. Well tonight, I finally put them to use and cured my cravings with some Crab Quesadillas!

I actually don’t remember when the last time was that I had these. It may, in fact have been when I posted about themlast July! I really need to get better about repeating the meals I love.

These quesadillas are pretty much the bomb and are super easy to make. Although the original recipe says that it makes 4, I went ahead and crammed all of the filling into 3 and split them between Jay and myself.

Of course, we had to have some “his & hers” salsa with our ‘dillas. Can you guess which one’s mine?? Winking smile

Unfortunately, hubby wasn’t a huge fan of these. At first, he gave me the “wow, these are kinda gross, babe” face. Then after a little while when I told him that he didn’t have to finish them, he said that they “actually aren’t too bad.” But by the time he had one ‘dilla left, he had had enough and threw in the towel.

Honestly, I think he’s nuts, but I suppooooose we all have different tastes and I appreciated him at least attempting to eat them all. He was a trooper.

On the side, I also enjoyed half of a ripe tomato, sprinkled with a little sea salt. Ohh goodness, how I love fresh tomatoes. I think a tomato sandwich may be in order with the other half I have waiting for me…

In a little while, we’ll actually be headed out the door for a late-night softball game. It’s playoff time, baby…time to get excited!

WOOO! Smile

Question for the Evening:

Have you ever lost (or thought you lost) a pet? What did you do?

Comments

crab quesadillas sound amazing! I don’t think I’ve ever had that “lost pet” feeling (thank goodness) but today my sis called and said our pup Mason had to be taken to the vet because he was twitching like crazy. that’s scary!

wow that looks AMAZING :) I def am going to make that someday! ughh one time I thought I lost my kitten when she was only 3 months old and I literally broke down and cried. My fiance had to only figure out that she was just ‘hiding’ in my closet underneath a pile of clothes I had left. That Darn cat!

My dog in high school would always run off if she would get outside without a leash. If you chased her it was like she thought it was a game. lol. Eventually the trick that worked was standing on the sidewalk with a bag of Beggin’ Strips in hand and she would come back.

4. Siobhan M. says

I thought I lost one of my cats once. I couldn’t find him, so when I called for him I could hear him meow. Well I decided to sit on the couch and wait for him to come to me, I was not in the mood for hide and go seek. Well after 20 mins I started to get worried and searched for him again. (he always comes when I call him), Well I literally crawled around my apartment until I got to my couch and I called him again and I saw something push inside my couch. Come to find out he crawled inside the couch and got stuck, he couldn’t figure out how to get out, so I had to rip the seam of my couch to get him out. Was not a happy cat mommy after that. HAHA

I was in the shower and the wind blew my front door open – which I didn’t realize until I walked in front of it {naked}. Luckily, my dog was just sitting in the sun on the front porch lol! But it gave me quite a scare!

I thought my daughters chihuahua was lost a few nights ago…but he had burrowed under a bunch of blankets she had on her bedroom floor, but took forever to find him!
    freaked out….
    lost hamster a few times, she escaped cage and would hide in closets, etc…always managed to tear apart the house to find her before dog would!
    glad you found Cody! :)

My cat escaped one day and I was sooooooo sad, I went to school and totally cried when I told my kids at school why I was so sad that day. I told them that they had to be extra nice to me because my kitty ran away…. NO WORRIES, he was found and we were one happy family again! :)

My cat ran away when I was 8 :( Of course at 8 I was devastated. We got a dog when I was 9 and he was like houdini and could get out of the tightest spaces and he was not a little dog. He was scared of thunderstorms and living in South Florida was not a good mix for that! We always found him but I was always scared whenever he would get out during storms.

Isn’t the thought of losing your pet such a horrible/sinking sensation? I was convinced our dog was run over one night after she hadn’t come back inside after 45 minutes. I started panicking and ran down to the road with a flashlight in my pajamas with no shoes on looking for her. Of course, she had walked right back inside while I was down there losing it.

When we first brought Leo and Peanut home from the SPCA Leo got away from Hunni on a walk. We thought he was gone as Hunni chased him down the street.

Luckily a guy saw Hunni running and pulled over to help. Leo jumped in the car and we brought him home.

Those quesadillas look awesome! That scenario with your hubby is exactly why my hubby and I 90% of the time make our own dinners 😉

Yes when I was little and we had my most favorite cat Lacy we thought on numerous times she was lost. A handful of times she actually got out of the house and we had to search for her all day and night….ugh I remember how nervous and scared I was that she was gone for good but my dad always came to the rescue and he always ended up finding her :)

I thought I lost my old cat when she was a kitten when in actuality, she crawled in my sweater drawer when it was open and i had closed it. I finally heard her meowing HOURS later and let her out!

13. Claire says

SO…this is totally off topic but I just bought a box of kashi pumpkin pecan granola bars and they are AMAZING. needless to say I totally thought of you and your love for pumpkin and this is something you definitely need to try!

• Courtney says

Oooooo, I don’t think I’ve tried those yet. I guess I’ll have to look for them soon!
      I love the fact that you thought of me when you bought them 😀

I do not have a pet, though I know if I did and I thought I had lost it I would go crazy! Nuts!! I am not always the best person under stress 😉 especially when pets are involved.

I lost my turtle, Emily, when I was about 8 years old. I took her outside to walk around in the front yard because she liked to play (as much as a turtle can play) in the muddy garden. I went inside for a couple minutes to get something, and when I came back she was gone. We couldn’t find her anywhere.

Fast forward three months later and our dog was in the backyard carrying something around in her mouth. I went to look at what it was, and it was Emily the turtle! Our dog had been chewing on her shell, but she was alive! We have no idea where she was that whole time. I still have her to this day!

Yay a fellow softball player! My ex boyfriend and I used to play slowpitch, it was so much fun (especially since I played softball in high school 😉 )!! Once my pup Oreo got out and we didn’t even notice. Someone brought her back to our house because she had wandered so far away!! Thank goodness for good people in this world, we would have been devastated!

mmmm are you the mild salsa? Have you ever tried Newman’s Pineapple Salsa? It’s labeled medium heat but it’s pretty mild. It’s my fave salsa of ALL time – you must try it. I feel it would pair well with those quesadillas :-)

My dog ran out of the dog park once (someone opened the gate and he squeezed out). I caught him but it was pretty scary for a second!

• Courtney says

I’m definitely the mild!

And YES, I have tried the pineapple and it’s amazing! I really like their mango one too…they’re both good enough to fight through the extra spice. 😉

One time my friend had me watch her brand new kitten when she went on vacation to Florida. I left the kitten in my room in a giant dog cage while was in school and came home to find the kitty missing. I was totally confused because I didn’t understand how he could have gotten out (I left him in my room with the door closed) but I figured someone had opened my door and he ran out. Luckily after hours of searching I found him hiding behind my bed!

Know exactly how you felt. My boyfriends cat gets freaked out by thunder and fireworks. So after a thunderstorm or at new year, we are always searching for hours. The flat isn’t that big, but she often manages to hide that well, that we are already running around outdoors, panicing that she ran away.

btw – your cat is beautiful!

20. Sara says

My cat Raina likes to hide in the bathroom cabinets, which totally freaked me out the first time she did. She even closes the cabinet door behind her! Haha. Anyways, just wanted to let you know I LOVE the Cody pictures! He is seriously the most adorable orange cat ever, and seems to have the most animated face!!

I’ve “lost” my dog plenty of times. It’s such a scary feelings! I ran around like a maniac looking for him when finally my neighbor knocked on my door asking, “is this yours?” so embarrassing!

This post made me so happy! We have his/hers salsa too – his: newmans own pineapple, mine: pace medium. AND I eat sliced tomatoes with salt all the time and he thinks I’m insane!

My little Chiahuaha mix is always by my side so whenever I don’t see her I get nervous! We have a bigger lab mix too and he broke through the fence one night and we were so worried! He came home about 15 minutes later and slept the rest of the night. :-)

I freak out ALL the time ! I have 3 dogs 2 big ( I dont worry about the) 1 small 15 lbs. He has magically found a way to get out our our fenced in backyard.. MULTIPLE TIMES! I have run around our neighborhood IN PANIC SCREAMING HIS NAME.. he has ALWAYS been on our walking route when I find him, I guess he just needed a walk HA.. not funny… I cannot let him out without supervision now because Im too freaked out! So glad Cody was just getting his workout on 😉