Full of Tangents, Take Three

by Courtney on August 11, 2011

Guess what guys…

It’s a tangent kinda night! You’ve already seen take one and take two…now it’s time for Full of Tangents, Take Three! Let’s DO this thang…

-Last week while out at a liquor store, I convinced Jay that I needed this bottle of wine; not because I heard great things about it…but because it only cost $3.99 and I was completely intrigued by that.

-I’m currently drinking a glass of my $3.99 wine as I type to you all. And if you’re wondering how good it is? Well, I’m drinking it…but I don’t know if I’ll buy it again. Winking smile

-Last week I also took on the daunting task of returning cans and bottles…alone. Jay owes me big time. By the time I was finished, I was $18.30 richer

I didn’t know whether to be excited or embarrassed, but I think I was a little of both.

-Yesterday, I stopped at one of my all-time favorite stores to pick up some of the essentials…all of which I was able to purchase with gift cards. SCORE!

-Today, I have a guest post featured over on Colleen’s blog…make sure you head on over and check it out!

-Tonight, I have a conference call scheduled with the three fabulous ladies that I will be speaking with at the Healthy Living Summit. I can’t believe it’s only one week away…I’m beyond excited.

image

-Tomorrow, I have to make 7 dozen cupcakes. I think I already feel a sugar high happening.

-I have been visited by either the UPS man or the FedEx man every day so far this week…and this is only what’s been delivered between yesterday and today. I love visits from the UPS man. Smile

-One of those packages that came this week contained this

Don’t you worry my friends, you’ll be hearing MUCH more about this soon. Winking smile

-Despite having a “saucy” lunch today, Jay and I are having even more sauce for dinner. But this time it’s homemade…and it’s mine. And I really wish I had thought ahead to make these again for tonight…

-But it’s okay, because then we’ll be spending the later part of the evening losing brain cells while watching some Jersey Shore. Yeah, buddy!

source

Question for the Evening:

Tell me some of your tangents for today or this week!

1 Lisa August 11, 2011 at 8:16 pm

The UPS man has been to my house so many times recently, I think we are on the way to becoming friends, haha!

2 Shayla @ The Good Life August 11, 2011 at 8:24 pm

I’m thinking I should start saving my cans and bottles and cash ‘em in instead of letting the recycling guys take them…though tedious I would love any kind of extra moolah ;)

Only tangent I can think of is my coworkers are just really being annoying to me this week, can’t explain why, they just are!

3 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 11, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Wow- that popcorn looks delicious! And whatever that sauce is… I want some.

I’m totally looking forward to Jersey Shore tonight. So mind-numbingly entertaining!

4 pat August 11, 2011 at 8:37 pm

how long did you save your bottles and cans???? WOW! I think if I saw that Snookie character walking through the street, I would have to stop and punch her in the face!

5 Courtney August 11, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Hahaha…MOM! :-O

We had bottles from a LONG time ago…possibly my birthday party?

6 Corey @ Family Fresh Meals August 11, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Can’t wait to hear about that popcorn! Yum!
Where do you get those cupcake boxes? Love those. I def need to get a couple of those.
I will be fist pumping it with you later….. as soon as I can get the children to bed! CABS ARE HERE :)

7 Courtney August 11, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I get them from here: http://www.confectioneryhouse.com/

But they actually have a store within 10 minutes of my house so I have the luxury of just going there. :)

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 11, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I love it when the UPS man is by my house every day. I have weeks that I’m constantly getting packages and then lulls.. I hate the lulls.

9 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 11, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I need to go to sephora soon..I’m running low on some products! And I cannot wait to hear about that popcorn! Yum :)

10 Jamie @ snacktress August 11, 2011 at 9:30 pm

7 dozen cupcakes?! Yea booooiiii!!!!! Ain’t no shame in Jersey Shore love.

Who could say no to Snooki and those boots?!

11 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun August 11, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Do I see a Champion sports wear box??? ;)

12 Laura @ Unchartered 20s August 11, 2011 at 9:41 pm

-How can you go wrong with $3.99 wine?? (18 ways)
-I’m really digging One Life To Live lately, but don’t know anyone who watches it :(
-I’m procrastinating by making signs and placing my cat in front of them and taking entertaining photos.
-Cody’s face in that picture is priceless!! so funny!
-Excited for Jersday!
-I need to start returning bottles- JEEZ that’s a lotta cans!!

13 Courtney August 11, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I love your tangents! I usually turn on OLTL if I’m home foor something to have on in the background. :)

And ok, you have me at a loss…where is there a pic of Cody??

14 Laura @ Unchartered 20s August 11, 2011 at 10:32 pm

LOL! OMG the Cody picture was in Tangent 2 of yours haha oops!! (No, I am not also drinking $3.99 wine.) :D

15 Melissa August 11, 2011 at 9:52 pm

You know I will be stalking the blog until I hear more about that popcorn! You should also do a garbage bread and sauce giveaway. Not sure how that would ship, but I’d be willing to risk it! ;)

16 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 11, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I love when the UPS man brings packages! That was my favorite thing around my birthday, when I was little!

17 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 11, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I’m on a “if I’m keeping this job without hurting anyone, I’ll be needing a lot of chocolate AND wine!!!!!!’ kind of tangent…. Cheap wine isn’t bad I’d give it a go once to see what it was all about! ….Healthy Living Summit!!!! :)

18 Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel August 11, 2011 at 11:24 pm

me and my friend laugh because we rely on Jersey Shore whenever we feel stressed or tired and need some ‘hilarious entertainment’ to pull us out of our sour mood! haha <3

19 Khushboo August 12, 2011 at 12:44 am

I feel like I live under a rock- I’m yet to watch an episode of Jersey Shore!

20 Kristine @ Running on Hungry August 12, 2011 at 1:22 am

I’m 99% positive that popcorn comes straight from SF! :) I love it, SO tasty!

And heck yes I watch Jersey Shore religiously!

21 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 12, 2011 at 6:43 am

Story of my life with the cheap wine haha
Whenever I see wine on sale I convince my boyfriend that its probably REALLY good AND cheap so “we need to get it!”

..It’s usually the opposite…whoops :)

22 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 12, 2011 at 9:03 am

sigh. you’re making me need to run to sephora again.

(not want, need.) ;)

23 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 12, 2011 at 9:43 am

Last night, as we headed home from a nice outing at happy hour, my beau and I both smiled and exclaimed IT’S JERSDAY!! Because really, other than a great reason for happy hour, Thursday’s are known for just that.

As the gang headed out for a night on the town in Florence, I couldn’t help but recall my own tromping about that fine city for study abroad. That being said, when Deena (and others) stumbled over her (their) heels (multiple times), I was thankful I stuck to flats.

Flat is one word I would NOT use to describe any of the chests of the cast members (except maybe Vinny) and hearing Deena scream “You like the boobs?” during the intro always makes me giggle.

But not as hard as I giggle when Snookers snuggles in bed with that alligator, Crocodilly.

Oh JS Cast… you complete me.

24 Ruthie Hart August 12, 2011 at 10:03 am

wait so you can bring in recycling for money?! That is too cool!!

25 Danielle August 12, 2011 at 10:10 am

Haha those bargain bottles are always hit or miss! I am in love with zBars – just got a whole box of the blueberry – they are like healthy blueberry muffins, but almost better! And my roommate convinced me to watch episodes 1 & 2 of Jersey Shore…not a fan, I just can’t get over the outragiousness of them all!

26 Cute~Ella August 12, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Are those Carmel Pretzel cupcakes? They look divine. I might have to bake Sunday now!

As for my tangents:
I didn’t like the last song on the radio for an Office Dance Party
I really want to eat a cookie that’s on my desk, but I told my boyfriend I’d bring them home for him.
I don’t know why my eye is twitching, but it’s annoying.
I wish my friend would move back to ALB from LI.

27 Amy August 12, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I”ve never watched Jersey Shore. Obviously I’m missing a good show from all the stuff I hear about it. i love sephora, its my favorite store. I could spend hours in there. I’m such a makeup nut anyway. Do share your goodies!!!

28 Courtney August 12, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Urban Decay eye shadows and Laura Mercier blush. If you click on the link, it will bring you to my vlog to give you more specifics :)

29 Amy August 12, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Awe thank u Courtney!!!

30 sara @ the foodie diaries August 12, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I spent tonight drinking a few beers and laughing my ass off at Jersey Shore. I swear I could be Deena, I’m so clumsy and even more so when I drink. I died every time she fell over hahahaha :)