I Could Talk About It All Day

Happy Friday! How’s everyone doing today? Things over here are fantastic!

Last Night’s Dinner

So I already told you all in last night’s tangents post that I was having some homemade sauce for dinner. Ohhhh, it was delicious.

I cooked up some pasta and sautéed a bunch of zucchini, yellow squash, and spinach, to make a beautiful pasta and veggie bowl. Jay’s bowl was probably 75% pasta and 25% veggies…mine was probably 25% pasta and 75% veggies. Winking smile

I also snagged a mini meatball and a chicken sausage bite which I divided out amongst the containers when I made the original batch of sauce. There really is nothing like homemade sauce and meatballs, am I right?

Dinner was enjoyed while partaking in a group chat with my fellow Healthy Living Summit panelists.

We spent a good amount of time reviewing the answers to the survey that we asked all of you bloggers out there to take (thank you!), and we definitely got some great responses! The more we talked and the more I reviewed the responses, the more I realized that I really could talk about the subject of negativity in the blog world all day. It’s such an interesting topic with so many aspects to it. All I’ll say it…if you’re going to be at HLS, you’re definitely not going to want to miss this discussion. Smile

*****

This morning, I woke up entirely in “baker” mode and got right to work. I had to hit up the grocery store firs thing so of course I had to make a little pit stop for Coffee Friday.

I ordered just a regular iced coffee, but then I came home and turned it into a homemade Caramel Mocha. Totally delicious! (No blueberry munchkins today…I figured it was about time to take a break on those. Winking smile)

Breakfast today has been consumed in various stages while I’ve been in the midst of baking, so I never bothered to grab the camera. But so far I have had a banana, a vanilla Chobani with granola, and a Clif Z Bar.

They were all good, but I reeeeally would have loved to just dig right in to this eggless chocolate chip cookie dough.

*****

It’s time to get back to the cupcakes, and since I still haven’t chosen a winner for Christina’s Signature Tree Giveaway, you still have until this afternoon to get your entries in. So if you haven’t done it yet…well get to it!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Eat raw cookie dough -OR- cake batter (assuming no raw eggs are involved)?
  • Be filthy rich –OR- command tremendous respect (but not both)?
  • Have a mouse run up your pant leg –OR- a wasp get caught inside your shirt?

Comments

I’m very excited to hear y’all speak (in a little more than a week!) (sweet rhyme) especially having read that chaos following the bachelorette party post. Well, more fuel for the panel of Pee Pees, right?

-Raw eggs be damned, I’d rather go for the raw cookie dough. More substance, more intense flavor I think (and more pure sugar. less powdery.)
    -Command tremendous respect. I’m sure that I can get by on a normal amount of money, but if I were filthy rich and very few people respected me (cough, Donald Trump, cough… at least I don’t think folks really take him seriously) I think that might be a pretty bleak existence.
    -This one time, the very first time I was ever stung by a bee, it was in a library with no windows inside of a giant school…. and it was right under my shirt (around my neck region.) I ran down the halls of my middle school screaming and clutching my neck, praying that the school nurse had some sort of ointment to relieve what I was certain were death rattles.)
    So I guess I’d choose a mouse.

Wow, that sauce looks amazing! I come from a big Italian family so a love for good tomato sauce is in my blood.

I’d rather eat cake batter (tastes so good!), be filthy rich (this is the poor post-college debt in me speaking), and have a wasp get stuck in my shirt (I’m not allergic and mice freak me out!)

3. Amanda says

omg my stomach dropped reading the wasp in your shirt one. any kind of bees – ick! talk about biggest fear…

I’m sad that I’m not going to be able to hear your discussion on being positive in the healthy-living blog world! This is definitely something I could benefit from as a new blogger who has already received a few negative comments.. haha

& raw cookie dough all the way ;)

5. Nadya says

I can’t wait to see the ready baked goods :))

cake batter (although I love them both and don’t really mind the raw eggs :D); filthy rich; wasp for sure

Have a nice baking! :)

I would definitely have to eat raw cookie dough, command respect (because then you get the friends, love and extras you would have to buy with money), and ummm I would say mouse, I can’t stand wasps or bees!

Cookie dough ALL THE WAY. My husband and I are both suckers for cookie dough, so it’s dangerous if I make cookies in our house!

Command tremendous respect for sure.

A wasp get inside my shirt. I hate, hate, hate mice or any crawly thing!

Wow does that cookie dough and dinner look so good! I wish I was going to HLS to see you all! Afterwards, will the presentation be viewable online or will you have a written recap of it? I would love to read all about it! :)

after my post last night and the heated comments that ensued, I SO wish I was going to your HLS panel. seriously. it couldn’t come at a better time for me. maybe I’ll just request a recap sesh. :)

I will be there for the party, though!

I so wish I was going to be at HLS! I want to meet you and the other lovely ladies so badly…sorry I hope that doesn’t sound creepy haha.

I dunno if I can choose between cookie dough or cake batter. They are both so good! What about one that tastes like the other so you can get the best of both worlds? :)

I would rather command tremendous respect. Wealth doesn’t mean everything.

Oh dear god…I think a mouse? Ugh I dunno..a wasp that could sting and hurt is awful

Cookie Dough. Respect. And the mouse. I am terrified of wasps. And they always manage to find their way into my house when I’m alone. **Cue Liz hiding in her room until someone comes home to kill the thing** lol

Raw cookie dough – eggs or not. Those “juice heads” have raw egg shakes and survive. I could tough it out I think.

Be filthy rich.

Neither are pleasant, but I’d go with the wasp. I’m not allergic. Mice creep me out.

Cookie batter gets me every time. Since this is what I like the most, I usually make a batch and freeze half so that I can eat the dough when I want it, baking the rest. Favorite thing ever!
    I’ve never had a mouse run up my leg, but I have had a baby bird scramble up my pant leg once. It was the strangest sensation ever!

Your homemade sauce looks DELICIOUS! Yesterday, after seeing your pizza it made me want pizza for dinner. And what did I have? Pizza for dinner. Maybe pasta will be on the radar tonight?

I love these questions! I would rather…
    1) …eat cake batter. Vanilla cake batter. When I am baking a cake I actually put some in a small bowl and eat it with a spoon. Gross when you think about it (raw eggs), but YUM!
    2) …command respect. Money is nice, but respect is awesome.
    3) …have a wasp in my shirt. Mice are hairy and scary.

15. Lily says

Is it bad that I dig right into raw cookie dough eggs or not? Haha I hope nottt! And I would go with the wasp. Mice kind of give me the heebie jeebies :X