I Could Talk About It All Day

by Courtney on August 12, 2011

Happy Friday! How’s everyone doing today? Things over here are fantastic!

Last Night’s Dinner

So I already told you all in last night’s tangents post that I was having some homemade sauce for dinner. Ohhhh, it was delicious.

I cooked up some pasta and sautéed a bunch of zucchini, yellow squash, and spinach, to make a beautiful pasta and veggie bowl. Jay’s bowl was probably 75% pasta and 25% veggies…mine was probably 25% pasta and 75% veggies. Winking smile

I also snagged a mini meatball and a chicken sausage bite which I divided out amongst the containers when I made the original batch of sauce. There really is nothing like homemade sauce and meatballs, am I right?

Dinner was enjoyed while partaking in a group chat with my fellow Healthy Living Summit panelists.

We spent a good amount of time reviewing the answers to the survey that we asked all of you bloggers out there to take (thank you!), and we definitely got some great responses! The more we talked and the more I reviewed the responses, the more I realized that I really could talk about the subject of negativity in the blog world all day. It’s such an interesting topic with so many aspects to it. All I’ll say it…if you’re going to be at HLS, you’re definitely not going to want to miss this discussion. Smile

*****

This morning, I woke up entirely in “baker” mode and got right to work. I had to hit up the grocery store firs thing so of course I had to make a little pit stop for Coffee Friday.

I ordered just a regular iced coffee, but then I came home and turned it into a homemade Caramel Mocha. Totally delicious! (No blueberry munchkins today…I figured it was about time to take a break on those. Winking smile)

Breakfast today has been consumed in various stages while I’ve been in the midst of baking, so I never bothered to grab the camera. But so far I have had a banana, a vanilla Chobani with granola, and a Clif Z Bar.

They were all good, but I reeeeally would have loved to just dig right in to this eggless chocolate chip cookie dough.

*****

It’s time to get back to the cupcakes, and since I still haven’t chosen a winner for Christina’s Signature Tree Giveaway, you still have until this afternoon to get your entries in. So if you haven’t done it yet…well get to it!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Eat raw cookie dough -OR- cake batter (assuming no raw eggs are involved)?
  • Be filthy rich –OR- command tremendous respect (but not both)?
  • Have a mouse run up your pant leg –OR- a wasp get caught inside your shirt?

1 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life August 12, 2011 at 9:48 am

That cookie dough looks so good. I could probably just eat it out of the bowl with a spoon for breakfast.

2 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 12, 2011 at 9:53 am

I’m very excited to hear y’all speak (in a little more than a week!) (sweet rhyme) especially having read that chaos following the bachelorette party post. Well, more fuel for the panel of Pee Pees, right?

-Raw eggs be damned, I’d rather go for the raw cookie dough. More substance, more intense flavor I think (and more pure sugar. less powdery.)
-Command tremendous respect. I’m sure that I can get by on a normal amount of money, but if I were filthy rich and very few people respected me (cough, Donald Trump, cough… at least I don’t think folks really take him seriously) I think that might be a pretty bleak existence.
-This one time, the very first time I was ever stung by a bee, it was in a library with no windows inside of a giant school…. and it was right under my shirt (around my neck region.) I ran down the halls of my middle school screaming and clutching my neck, praying that the school nurse had some sort of ointment to relieve what I was certain were death rattles.)
So I guess I’d choose a mouse.

3 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 12, 2011 at 9:54 am

Cake batter, respect, mouse.

So sad I’m missing HLS!

4 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 12, 2011 at 9:55 am

Wow, that sauce looks amazing! I come from a big Italian family so a love for good tomato sauce is in my blood.

I’d rather eat cake batter (tastes so good!), be filthy rich (this is the poor post-college debt in me speaking), and have a wasp get stuck in my shirt (I’m not allergic and mice freak me out!)

5 Amanda August 12, 2011 at 9:57 am

omg my stomach dropped reading the wasp in your shirt one. any kind of bees – ick! talk about biggest fear…

6 Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count August 12, 2011 at 9:58 am

Cookie dough FOR SURE!

Filthy rich! I will work on commanding respect by my actions WHILE being filthy rich.

Ew…mouse or wasp? Honestly, probably the wasp!

7 Ruthie Hart August 12, 2011 at 10:00 am

yum! that homemade sauce looks fab! my hubby is italian and makes a mean sauce, its so much better when the ingredients are fresh!

8 Lindsey August 12, 2011 at 10:04 am

Raw cookie dough for sure!
Command respect and have a mouse run up my pant leg – allergic to bees!

9 Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 12, 2011 at 10:05 am

1. Cake batter – yum yum! But cookie dough rocks too.

2. Rich – other people’s opinions of me don’t bother me too much ;)

3. A mouse – my two gerbils do this all the time and a mouse won’t sting!

10 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 12, 2011 at 10:05 am

I’m sad that I’m not going to be able to hear your discussion on being positive in the healthy-living blog world! This is definitely something I could benefit from as a new blogger who has already received a few negative comments.. haha

& raw cookie dough all the way ;)

11 Bethany August 12, 2011 at 10:05 am

■ Eat raw cookie dough AND cake batter!!
■ Be filthy rich!!
■ A wasp get caught inside your shirt…

12 Nadya August 12, 2011 at 10:06 am

I can’t wait to see the ready baked goods :))

cake batter (although I love them both and don’t really mind the raw eggs :D); filthy rich; wasp for sure

Have a nice baking! :)

13 Kelly August 12, 2011 at 10:08 am

Cookie dough and who cares if it has raw eggs! ha!

14 Danielle August 12, 2011 at 10:12 am

I would definitely have to eat raw cookie dough, command respect (because then you get the friends, love and extras you would have to buy with money), and ummm I would say mouse, I can’t stand wasps or bees!

15 Khushboo August 12, 2011 at 10:12 am

I am aLll over your dinner- I actually had something similar last night with veggie sausages and spaghetti- gotta love homemade sauce!

16 Cait @ Cait hates Cake August 12, 2011 at 10:16 am

Cookie dough
Not gonna lie – filthy, dirty, stinkin’ rich. Haha.
Mouse

17 Ashley@MyFoodFitnessFun August 12, 2011 at 10:23 am

Cookie dough ALL THE WAY. My husband and I are both suckers for cookie dough, so it’s dangerous if I make cookies in our house!

Command tremendous respect for sure.

A wasp get inside my shirt. I hate, hate, hate mice or any crawly thing!

18 Shayla @ The Good Life August 12, 2011 at 10:45 am

Wow does that cookie dough and dinner look so good! I wish I was going to HLS to see you all! Afterwards, will the presentation be viewable online or will you have a written recap of it? I would love to read all about it! :)

19 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 12, 2011 at 10:54 am

after my post last night and the heated comments that ensued, I SO wish I was going to your HLS panel. seriously. it couldn’t come at a better time for me. maybe I’ll just request a recap sesh. :)

I will be there for the party, though!

20 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 12, 2011 at 11:05 am

I so wish I was going to be at HLS! I want to meet you and the other lovely ladies so badly…sorry I hope that doesn’t sound creepy haha.

I dunno if I can choose between cookie dough or cake batter. They are both so good! What about one that tastes like the other so you can get the best of both worlds? :)

I would rather command tremendous respect. Wealth doesn’t mean everything.

Oh dear god…I think a mouse? Ugh I dunno..a wasp that could sting and hurt is awful

21 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 12, 2011 at 11:43 am

I love your 25% pasta 75% veggies, my kind of meal!! MMMM, along with some cookie dough after. SCORE!
I would rather eat cake batter, be respected, and wasp for sure!!!!

22 Stacey August 12, 2011 at 11:52 am

Got the cookies in the mail today! What type of pasta do you use? Ps cookies came the day before I start my 14 day cleanse! Yeaaaaa

23 Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 12, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Cookie Dough. Respect. And the mouse. I am terrified of wasps. And they always manage to find their way into my house when I’m alone. **Cue Liz hiding in her room until someone comes home to kill the thing** lol

24 Christy August 12, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Raw cookie dough – eggs or not. Those “juice heads” have raw egg shakes and survive. I could tough it out I think.

Be filthy rich.

Neither are pleasant, but I’d go with the wasp. I’m not allergic. Mice creep me out.

25 Jordan August 12, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Cookie dough, respect, and mouse :)
I got dunkin donuts iced coffee today and thought of you!

26 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 12, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Cookie batter gets me every time. Since this is what I like the most, I usually make a batch and freeze half so that I can eat the dough when I want it, baking the rest. Favorite thing ever!
I’ve never had a mouse run up my leg, but I have had a baby bird scramble up my pant leg once. It was the strangest sensation ever!

27 Claire August 12, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Ok…I’m coming by for that dinner…and cookie dough…yum!! You have inspired me to get a glass o wine tonight :-) Everything about this post looks de-lish! My dinner was pretty decent…chicken wrapped asparagus and video of yours truly making sald dressing…HAHA.

28 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy August 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I’d rather eat raw cookie dough, be filthy rich, and have a mouse run up my pant leg!!

29 Katie @ Changing Patterns August 12, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Cookie dough. Respect. And both the mouse and the wasp really freak me out but I guess the mouse :)

30 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts August 12, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Your homemade sauce looks DELICIOUS! Yesterday, after seeing your pizza it made me want pizza for dinner. And what did I have? Pizza for dinner. Maybe pasta will be on the radar tonight?

I love these questions! I would rather…
1) …eat cake batter. Vanilla cake batter. When I am baking a cake I actually put some in a small bowl and eat it with a spoon. Gross when you think about it (raw eggs), but YUM!
2) …command respect. Money is nice, but respect is awesome.
3) …have a wasp in my shirt. Mice are hairy and scary.

31 Lily August 12, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Is it bad that I dig right into raw cookie dough eggs or not? Haha I hope nottt! And I would go with the wasp. Mice kind of give me the heebie jeebies :X

32 Lizzie August 12, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Looks delish!

33 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 12, 2011 at 11:14 pm

I would much rather eat cookie dough, command respect, and have a wasp stuck inside my shirt. Rodents are my biggest phobia. lol.

34 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 14, 2011 at 8:50 am

My pasta dishes are always 25% pasta and 75% veggies too! It’s the best way!