Saturday Morning Fetch

by Courtney on August 13, 2011

From the minute I walked out of the bedroom this morning, Cody was on the move and ready to play. So once I finished up a few of the things that I needed to do, our typical Saturday morning game of fetch ensued.

I love seeing him get all scrunched down like that right before he pounces. It’s so darn cute!

Of course, it didn’t take him long to make his way over to me…

I love my little buddy…even if he does have eye boogies. Smile

Breakfast

This morning I was craving a little bit of everything, so while I brewed up a batch of last minute iced coffee, I got to work on everything else.

An egg white “puff” made in my microwave egg cooker, topped with some salt, pepper, and ketchup.

Half of a banana filled with peanut butter…which, in my eyes, will never get old.

A bowl of fruit made up of the rest of my banana, blueberries, and some of the juiciest cantaloupe I think I’ve ever had.

My mother in-law sent Jay home with a fresh cantaloupe a few days ago and it was so ripe that you could smell it when you walked through the kitchen without it even being cut up yet.

It was deeeeLISH!

Jay and I have a busy day ahead of us today! This afternoon, we’re heading back up to Saratoga Race Track with a group of friends, followed by a barbecue at our friends’ Brook and Andrea’s house. It’s sure to be a fun day, so I’ll catch ya’ll later!

Question for the Morning:

What are you up to today?

1 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 13, 2011 at 10:00 am

Haha is Cody playing with the plastic sealing of a milk jug?

2 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign August 13, 2011 at 10:01 am

Banana and PB never lets me down! I know so many people that don’t like cantaloupe and I can never understand why…I love it so much! So sweet and juicy!

Today’s agenda consists of heading to the post office to mail all of our wedding invitations, hitting up the gym, and then date night tonight.

3 Corey @ Family Fresh Meals August 13, 2011 at 10:31 am

My cats loves the milk rings too! It is so funny when I move a couch to clean under it how many I find. :)
After seeing your fruit bowl…. I am now heading to the kitchen to make myself one… yum! Then it is off to Costco!

4 Ashley@MyFoodandFitnessDiaries August 13, 2011 at 11:10 am

Workout this morning, helping hubby lay flagstone in our backyard, and date night tonight! :)

5 Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 13, 2011 at 11:20 am

I love how kitties make a toy out of trash! :)

Taking it easy today – had a tough workout this morning so I’m just going to watch football (soccer to my American friends) and roast a chicken for dinner.

6 Brittany August 13, 2011 at 11:21 am

My cat shakes her butt right before she pounces! It’s so cute.

7 Faith @ For the Health of It August 13, 2011 at 11:26 am

I’m just hitting up a pool party with some friends from my apartment – nice and low key!

8 Cait @ Cait hates Cake August 13, 2011 at 11:27 am

I already took a yoga class and had breakfast. I’m about to take the puppers on a walk, maybe sneak off to Lululemon to max out my credit card, and then hopefully hit up a street fest later :)

9 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 13, 2011 at 11:29 am

Starting your day out playing with Cody! It’s going to be a good day!…..I have to clean out my closet (s) that are overflowing with clothes!!!! Eeeeeek! …..Can we switch places today? Please?

10 Tara Burner August 13, 2011 at 11:30 am

OMG those cupcakes all look yummmmmmy!
and oddly enough your posts about Cody are actually swaying me a bit towards letting my daughter get a cat (not that having a dog and turtle here and 3 dogs at the ex’s are enough!)

today…not much other than working, blogging, reviews & who knows what else…its gorgeous outside but i’m stuck inside so :(

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 13, 2011 at 11:38 am

We’re doing something similar today! We’re cheering on one of Brandon’s work colleagues at a car race … we’re all going over to one guy’s house for pizza and beer, then heading over to the race. :)

Have a great Saturday!

12 Emma @ Microcosm of Life August 13, 2011 at 11:52 am

I like breakfasts with a little of everything. Eggs, bananas, PB, fruit, it’s all covered!

Today= MOVING DAY! Eeeek! It’s okay though, I have a strapping young lad to assist me ;)

13 Lizzie August 13, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Yummy I love cantaloupe! I have a soccer tournament today– we already won our first game!! :)

14 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 13, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I just ran errands all morning and I’m hoping to catch some rays before I buck up and clean the house!

15 Di @ thetreadmilldiaries August 13, 2011 at 1:48 pm

You’re so right – Bananas and PB will always rock. Yum yum. On this end, wanted to get in a 7 mi run (which is done!)….followed by grilling up some delicious fixings and getting a bonfire going tonight. Hope you have a good day.

16 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats August 13, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Started off my day with a 5 mile run…and now off to run some errands and do some baking :-). Your cat is so adorable…he makes me smile!

17 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I am working today then dogsitting for a friend for the first time! I’m nervous! lol

18 erica August 13, 2011 at 3:43 pm

pool time! :)

19 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries August 13, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Haha that egg puff looks so cute! Eggs never get old… and you’re right, naners and PB will never ever get old either.

20 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes August 13, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Cody’s so cute! I love cats – but I don’t think my dog does HAHA!

Today I ran 6 miles (was supposed to be a trail run…I’ll be writing about that later) and now I”m cleaning my house. Talk about exciting!

21 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 13, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I love playing the “pouncing” game with my cat too. My cat actually looks like Cody– an orange tabby :)

22 Brittany August 13, 2011 at 6:29 pm

so so cute! i just got a new kitten and she wants to play24/7 i love it

23 Brittany@ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter August 13, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Codie is so cute! My cats LOVE to play with the ring on the milk jugs! It’s adorable

24 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 13, 2011 at 10:06 pm

We drove 13 hours today to the beach! Hope you had a good one at the race track :)

25 Janae Jacobs August 14, 2011 at 2:37 am

I WILL NEVER get sick of the pb/banana combo! I love Cody and your cupcakes from yesterday are making me drool and I may dream about them tonight!

26 Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly August 14, 2011 at 9:49 am

Microwave egg cooker?? Where can I get one of those? What a time saver!