Lucky To Have My Friends

by Courtney on August 14, 2011

Yesterday was an absolutely great day. No doubt about it! But it sure was a long; Jay and I left our house yesterday afternoon around 12:30 and didn’t get home until almost 1:00am. I don’t know how I did it!

After a couple quick pit stops, we made it up to the track just as the first race was about to begin. After my light breakfast and 30 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill yesterday morning, I was more than ready to dig into lunch as soon as we sat down.

A Subway turkey sub (on Honey Oat bread – my favorite!) filled with lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, cucumbers, and their sweet onion sauce (also a favorite). The best part was, we got our whole foot long sub to split for only $5.00. Score!

Our group spent the rest of the afternoon chatting away and snacking on goodies that we all brought to share.

I brought some leftover cupcakes that I had from Friday’s baking extravaganza, which was quite an assortment.

Unfortunately, my Neapolitan cupcakes had a difficult ride up…

See? Not all of my cupcakes turn out pretty. But they still tasted okay, so that’s all that mattered. Winking smile

Of course, many of us also spent some time betting on the ponies; but actually, it was more like “feeding the ponies.”

Any guesses which two horses I bet on for this race???

Nobody left too victorious yesterday, but that doesn’t mean we didn’t have one heck of a good time!

I also can’t forget to mention…part of the reason we all got together yesterday? Was because it was Brian’s birthday! Happy Birthday, Brian! Smile

After the 10th race of the day, we headed out of the track and back over to Brook and Andrea’s house to extend the party.

I also got to have a little one-on-one time with cutie, Brody.

I love love love babies. Smile

I also love food…and I was pretty hungry at this point, I so did my fair share of helping to empty the bowls of chips and Andrea’s black bean and avocado dip.

I also ended up having a Boca burger from the grill a couple hours later which was fannnntastic!

*****

You know, it’s days like yesterday that just really help put into perspective just how lucky I am to have such awesome friends. I know I’ve said it before…maybe you’re sick of hearing it. But honestly, I love my friends!

*****

This morning, I’m heading out to a bridal shower for my friend Erika and then hopefully coming home to totally veg out on the couch all afternoon. Smile

Catch ya’ll later!

1 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 14, 2011 at 10:10 am

I’m a baby lover too– especially ones that look like that cutie :D

2 Ashley@MyFoodandFitnessDiaries August 14, 2011 at 10:15 am

I LOVE babies too. :)

Sounds like a fun day! There’s no trading a great time with great friends!

3 Danielle Spellman @Squirrel Snackin' August 14, 2011 at 10:35 am

You are very lucky to have such great friends! :D And I agree, some cupcakes don’t have to be pretty to be delicious!

4 Khushboo August 14, 2011 at 11:15 am

Do i see Puppy Chow (*drool*)?? Good friends really are one of life’s simplest pleasures! Are these friends from college or did you guys meet them after getting married?

5 Courtney August 14, 2011 at 7:38 pm

That it was! Mal makes some DELICIOUS puppy chow :)
These are friends that are actually also family- Sarah and Brian are Jay’s cousins, so I’ve known them since I’ve known Jay…over 11 years!

6 Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 14, 2011 at 11:22 am

Looks like you had fun!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

7 Shayla @ The Good Life August 14, 2011 at 11:30 am

What a fun day! And I am in love with that baby, such a cutie pie :)

I’m gonna guess one of your bets was on “Love to Run”?!

8 Courtney August 14, 2011 at 7:38 pm

That was one of them! So was “Clip the Coupons” :)

9 Sweet and Savvy August 14, 2011 at 11:31 am

Looks like a great day!

10 Kait @ One Love Run August 14, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Looks like a super fun Saturday! weekends are the best hands down.

11 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 14, 2011 at 12:36 pm

What a fun day! :)

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 14, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Uh oh … is someone getting the “itch” for babies? ;)

Of course, I’m not one to talk … I had a dream last night that I just had a baby. My husband did not find it amusing when I shared with him this morning hahaha! ;)

13 Courtney August 14, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Hahaha…not yet! ;)

14 Liz @ Something To Chew Om August 14, 2011 at 1:01 pm

All it takes is a few hours, hey? I love it! Life would be so dull without all of the beautiful people in my life :)

15 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 14, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I’ll take an ugly cupcake any day :) Looks like a great day with friends. Enjoy your Sunday!

16 Maria@La_Piattini August 14, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Your neopolitan cupcakes still look amazing! Looks like you guys had a great time :)

17 Charlie August 14, 2011 at 2:18 pm

The honey oat bread and sweet onion sauce are definitely the BEST!! ;)

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 14, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Looks like such a fun day!

And the cupcakes still look amazing, even if they did have a rough trip!

19 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 14, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Looks like a great time!! Too bad about the cupcakes. No doubt they still tasted absolutely delicious, though!

20 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries August 14, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Looks like such a fun day :) How adorable is that baby!!

21 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 14, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I feel like I always write on my blog how lucky I am to still be close with my friends from high school. I think it’s important to recognize and appreciate true friendships, so I never get sick of hearing other say it / saying it myself about my own friends! Often times in life you don’t realize what you have til it’s gone, so appreciating things in the moment is beautiful in my mind!

22 debbie@accidentlydelish August 14, 2011 at 5:42 pm

great friends are one of the most important things! especially the ones who love you regardless of your flaws. not that we have any flaws or anything ;)

looks like you’re having a great weekend. enjoy! ♥

23 Brittany@ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter August 14, 2011 at 6:06 pm

That looks like a fun saturday!! A lot more exciting than mine… &That blue dress is REALLY cute! Where’d you get it at?

24 Courtney August 14, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Old Navy, last year!

25 Lizzie August 14, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Looks like a really fun day! Your cupcakes look amazing, annnnnd so does that puppy chow :)