A Little MIA

Hey guys! Sorry I’ve been a little MIA today…

This afternoon, the super Savvy Julie ended up working a little magic on the ‘ol bloggy, so that’s why you may or may not have seen the lovely “blog maintenance” message earlier. But no worries, we’re back up and running with a slightly new look too!

screen

(Yes, very slightly, so you probably didn’t even notice!)

There’s really only a few minor differences in the esthetics end of things, but I have been playing around for the last half hour with different fonts and whatnot. You may end up seeing a few variations here or there over the next few days as I play around, but I will say that I am totally open to suggestions.

If there’s something you see that you really like (or are really not diggin’), please feel free to let me know. Even though this is my blog, it is still a place where we all get to hang out and have fun so, ya know, I want it to look purrrty. Winking smile

*****

This afternoon, after finishing up the rest of my leftovers from last night’s quinoa dish, I headed on out to meet up with my favorite ladies. We spent the entire afternoon browsing through wedding things for Rachie,

noshing on Eileen’s homemade guacamole and chips,

and eating vegan AND gluten free birthday cake…

because it was Eileen’s birthday!! Open-mouthed smile

(That is a birthday candle app that she’s holding up, in case you’re wondering.)

Eileen is now officially OLD, just like Jay. But it’s okay, I still love her anyways.

Happy Birthday Leeny!!

*****

Once I got home, I got to work on a quick and easy dinner for hubby and I.

Corn on the cob, sautéed zucchini, squash, and grape tomatoes, and balsamic-marinated, grilled chicken tenders.

Both the chicken and the veggies were cooked/sautéed using Ken’s Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing, and let me just tell you…this Ken character is a genius.

The stuff is good on just about anything!

Now, I plan on spending the rest of the evening playing around a little more with some blog stuff and watching my JETS play their pre-season game against the Texans.

Don’t get me wrong, I am by no means ready to wish summer away, BUT…I am super pumped for football to start up again!

Questions for the Evening:

Do you follow football? If so, who’s your team? (c’mon Jets fans!!)

What are your favorite marinades to use when cooking?

Comments

I don’t follow football but the Jets hold their training camp at the college I go to so I guess I am a fan by default!

I love any balsamic marinade when cooking, it’s definitely my go-to!

PS – I LOVE your blog, it was the first one I ever started reading regularly! I hope to start reading more now that I’ve started my own so I’ll definitely be checking out your blog roll! :)

• Courtney says

I haven’t been to that camp, but I went to watch them when they practiced at SUNY Albany with the Giants. I got to meet like 4 of the players…it was awesome!

I come from a Green Bay Packers household (die hard), but my husband is a Chicago Bears fanatic…let’s just say there’s a little tension in our house at times. :)

I love using McCormick’s Montreal Chicken seasoning with a little olive oil and white vinegar. YUM!

Your meal looked amazingly delicious! I love balsamic vinegar.

This is the first time I’m commenting and I just wanted to say that I love your blog and I HAVE to say that the JETS are the best team ever! I didn’t know it was possible, but I love your blog 94038253 times more now that we’ll be cheering on the same team this fall! :) oh my goodness and have you seen the new GQ w/ Sanchez on the cover? Mega drooltastic. Have a lovely evening! (hope they win!!!)

• Courtney says

Awwww YAY!! A fellow Jets fan!
      I’ll be counting on you to help me cheer them on all season now 😀

P.S. – As soon as you mentioned Sanchez in GQ, I had hubby find it for me on his phone.
      Hubba Hubba! 😉

I like the new look! I would like to have a blog makeover at some point because I’m not just not that technologically savvy when it comes to stuff like that. I wish I was a bigger football fan. I think part of my problem is that I just don’t totally like watching it on tv. That looks like a super tasty dinner :)

I love football season! :) I don’t really have a favorite team I just like to watch whatever is on! I really like terriyaki marinades but many times I like to just put dry rubs on my meat because I like the texture of them. I love big chunks of pepper!

I’m a huge RAVENS fan and therefore not really a Jets fan at all. You would think I would like them since half of them and Rex Ryan are ex-Ravens but I think thats what makes me not like them! :)

I was born into a JETS family! My dad is from New York so he’s literally obsessed. He can’t miss a game and even had the j-e-t-s chanting as his ringtone at one point! haha

Well…as I just mentioned in my post today, my allegiances for pro teams tend to follow my geographical location. THUS, since I live in NYC, and really enjoyed that Hard Knocks show with the behind-the-scenes look at the Jets, I heart the Jets!! I know, it’s not the best way to pick teams. But, being from Nebraska, I have only one official loyalty and that’s college football – my Nebraska Cornhuskers :-)

9. Katie says

Courtney – You were the first blog I started reading all the time and I absolutely love it! One of my favorite parts about your blog is that you could go to the previous post or next post at the bottom and top of each of the posts and I hope you never get rid of that! It is so simple to browse through so many of your posts that way!! Thanks for always sharing!

10. JN says

Hi Courtney,

I miss the links to the next and previous posts at the top of the page and just above the comments. I dislike scrolling all the way to the bottom to navigate. Can you bring one or both of those back? :)

I love your new format! And I like how in the first comment your reply is a colored box…it’s nice to be able to spot your responses easily! :)

And I too don’t wish summer away, but I’m the same in that I love everything about fall – the food, the fashion, and definitely the football!!!
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Sushi Love – Ozumo

12. Amy says

I’m a big football fan. Growing up in Pittsburgh my whole family is steelers fans. I love the steelers but hubby and I love NY and spend alot of time there so all the NY teams are my favs even with baseball I’m a huge Yankees fan. I’ll be cheering with you this year Court.

Trackbacks