A Little MIA

by Courtney on August 15, 2011

Hey guys! Sorry I’ve been a little MIA today…

This afternoon, the super Savvy Julie ended up working a little magic on the ‘ol bloggy, so that’s why you may or may not have seen the lovely “blog maintenance” message earlier. But no worries, we’re back up and running with a slightly new look too!

screen

(Yes, very slightly, so you probably didn’t even notice!)

There’s really only a few minor differences in the esthetics end of things, but I have been playing around for the last half hour with different fonts and whatnot. You may end up seeing a few variations here or there over the next few days as I play around, but I will say that I am totally open to suggestions.

If there’s something you see that you really like (or are really not diggin’), please feel free to let me know. Even though this is my blog, it is still a place where we all get to hang out and have fun so, ya know, I want it to look purrrty. Winking smile

*****

This afternoon, after finishing up the rest of my leftovers from last night’s quinoa dish, I headed on out to meet up with my favorite ladies. We spent the entire afternoon browsing through wedding things for Rachie,

noshing on Eileen’s homemade guacamole and chips,

and eating vegan AND gluten free birthday cake…

because it was Eileen’s birthday!! Open-mouthed smile

(That is a birthday candle app that she’s holding up, in case you’re wondering.)

Eileen is now officially OLD, just like Jay. But it’s okay, I still love her anyways.

Happy Birthday Leeny!!

*****

Once I got home, I got to work on a quick and easy dinner for hubby and I.

Corn on the cob, sautéed zucchini, squash, and grape tomatoes, and balsamic-marinated, grilled chicken tenders.

Both the chicken and the veggies were cooked/sautéed using Ken’s Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing, and let me just tell you…this Ken character is a genius.

The stuff is good on just about anything!

Now, I plan on spending the rest of the evening playing around a little more with some blog stuff and watching my JETS play their pre-season game against the Texans.

Don’t get me wrong, I am by no means ready to wish summer away, BUT…I am super pumped for football to start up again!

Questions for the Evening:

Do you follow football? If so, who’s your team? (c’mon Jets fans!!)

What are your favorite marinades to use when cooking?

1 Bri @ Fashion Snack August 15, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I don’t follow football but the Jets hold their training camp at the college I go to so I guess I am a fan by default!

I love any balsamic marinade when cooking, it’s definitely my go-to!

PS – I LOVE your blog, it was the first one I ever started reading regularly! I hope to start reading more now that I’ve started my own so I’ll definitely be checking out your blog roll! :)

2 Courtney August 15, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Ahhh, you go to Cortland then?!? :)

Thanks for reading, Bri!

3 Bri @ Fashion Snack August 15, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Yes! Have you ever been to the camp? I went the first year but like I said, I’m not really into football so it wasn’t too exciting for me!
Bri @ Fashion Snack recently posted..Hey hey!

4 Courtney August 15, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I haven’t been to that camp, but I went to watch them when they practiced at SUNY Albany with the Giants. I got to meet like 4 of the players…it was awesome!

5 Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries August 15, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I come from a Green Bay Packers household (die hard), but my husband is a Chicago Bears fanatic…let’s just say there’s a little tension in our house at times. :)

I love using McCormick’s Montreal Chicken seasoning with a little olive oil and white vinegar. YUM!

Your meal looked amazingly delicious! I love balsamic vinegar.

6 pat August 15, 2011 at 8:31 pm

J E T S, jets, jets, jets, jets!!!!!

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 15, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I’m not a big football fan myself, but my husband loves the Eagles!

8 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 15, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I’ll be honest I cannot stand football. My dad is actually watching the Jet’s game right now and I told him there is no football allowed on vacation to no avail.

9 alex August 15, 2011 at 8:45 pm

This is the first time I’m commenting and I just wanted to say that I love your blog and I HAVE to say that the JETS are the best team ever! I didn’t know it was possible, but I love your blog 94038253 times more now that we’ll be cheering on the same team this fall! :) oh my goodness and have you seen the new GQ w/ Sanchez on the cover? Mega drooltastic. Have a lovely evening! (hope they win!!!)

10 Courtney August 15, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Awwww YAY!! A fellow Jets fan!
I’ll be counting on you to help me cheer them on all season now :-D

P.S. – As soon as you mentioned Sanchez in GQ, I had hubby find it for me on his phone.
Hubba Hubba! ;)

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 15, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I love football season, mainly for the party food. ;)

12 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 15, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I like the new look! I would like to have a blog makeover at some point because I’m not just not that technologically savvy when it comes to stuff like that. I wish I was a bigger football fan. I think part of my problem is that I just don’t totally like watching it on tv. That looks like a super tasty dinner :)

13 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 15, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I love football season! :) I don’t really have a favorite team I just like to watch whatever is on! I really like terriyaki marinades but many times I like to just put dry rubs on my meat because I like the texture of them. I love big chunks of pepper!

14 Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real August 15, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I LOVE football season! My first favorite team is the New Orleans Saints (I was a cheerleader for them a long time ago) and my second favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys, I am so excited for lazy Sunday afternoons watching football.

15 Jenny @ LoveEatRun August 15, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I’m a huge RAVENS fan and therefore not really a Jets fan at all. You would think I would like them since half of them and Rex Ryan are ex-Ravens but I think thats what makes me not like them! :)

16 Heather August 15, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Patriots, Patriots, Patriots!!!!

17 Brittany August 15, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I was born into a JETS family! My dad is from New York so he’s literally obsessed. He can’t miss a game and even had the j-e-t-s chanting as his ringtone at one point! haha

18 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 15, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I’m honestly not a huge football fan (I just got into basketball, so one sport at a time :) ) BUT I do root for the Jets! (I’m a Mets girl, so I have to!)

19 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 15, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I think only a fellow blogger would recognize the slight changes ;) But it looks great!

20 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" August 15, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Well…as I just mentioned in my post today, my allegiances for pro teams tend to follow my geographical location. THUS, since I live in NYC, and really enjoyed that Hard Knocks show with the behind-the-scenes look at the Jets, I heart the Jets!! I know, it’s not the best way to pick teams. But, being from Nebraska, I have only one official loyalty and that’s college football – my Nebraska Cornhuskers :-)

21 sweet and savvy August 15, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I also love using balsamic! I use everything though. Italian dressing, Buffalo, simple spices, salsa, etc.

22 Lauren Marie August 15, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Love football! I’m a Cleveland Browns fan :)

23 Carissa August 15, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I also love Ken. Northern Italian and he had coupons. Good guy that Ken!

We are a football obsessed family! Get ready for pro-charger/cowboy posts galore!
Carissa recently posted..Sneakers, sweat, stilettos

24 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 15, 2011 at 10:46 pm

While I’m much more of a college football fan than I am a professional football fan, I’m really just in it for all the fun tailgating and dressing up. Any occasion to paint my face, and I’m in 110%.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Molto Bene: A Tale of Triumph

25 Kait @ One Love Run August 16, 2011 at 12:32 am

college football really is the best!
Kait @ One Love Run recently posted..Yogi Wisdom

26 LindsayInNYC August 15, 2011 at 11:07 pm

You’re going to hate me for saying this but the only football team I root fir is the Patriots!! Love them :)
LindsayInNYC recently posted..Knotty Monkey Earrings Giveaway from College Prep

27 Meg August 15, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I am a Bears fan!!! Woooo and I am pumped for Fottball season… but I love College more than pro!! Even tho I went to NYU I am a die hard KU fan as well as CU and Clemson fan!!
Meg recently posted..Deliciousness in unexpected places

28 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill August 15, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I follow football very loosely, but I’m a big fan of my home team–the Ravens!!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..36 English Muffins, 8lbs of Peaches, 40 Yogurts

29 Kait @ One Love Run August 16, 2011 at 12:32 am

Go Eagles!
Kait @ One Love Run recently posted..Yogi Wisdom

30 Khushboo August 16, 2011 at 1:07 am

Teriyaki glaze is usually my go-to marinade…or even a simple lemon, garlic & salt!
Khushboo recently posted..Why hello there, Hunger!

31 Jackie @ That Deep Breath August 16, 2011 at 1:36 am

I’m super excited for fall…soon it will be acceptable to hoard 8 cans of pumpkin in my pantry! Dinner looks delish. Amazing how simple a healthy dinner can be!
Jackie @ That Deep Breath recently posted..Sunday Dose

32 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries August 16, 2011 at 5:40 am

Go Eagles!!! :) When marinading, I usually stick to an old family favorite that has orange juice, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and a few other ingreds. If I’m rushed, italian dressing always works
Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries recently posted..Rainy days and weekend recap

33 Julie @SavvyEats August 16, 2011 at 7:59 am

Not so much into the professional football, but college football? Gooooooo Badgers!
Julie @SavvyEats recently posted..Max the healthy living dog

34 Katie August 16, 2011 at 9:09 am

Courtney – You were the first blog I started reading all the time and I absolutely love it! One of my favorite parts about your blog is that you could go to the previous post or next post at the bottom and top of each of the posts and I hope you never get rid of that! It is so simple to browse through so many of your posts that way!! Thanks for always sharing!

35 JN August 16, 2011 at 10:07 am

Hi Courtney,

I miss the links to the next and previous posts at the top of the page and just above the comments. I dislike scrolling all the way to the bottom to navigate. Can you bring one or both of those back? :)

36 Shayla @ The Good Life August 16, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I love your new format! And I like how in the first comment your reply is a colored box…it’s nice to be able to spot your responses easily! :)

And I too don’t wish summer away, but I’m the same in that I love everything about fall – the food, the fashion, and definitely the football!!!
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Sushi Love – Ozumo

37 Amy August 16, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I’m a big football fan. Growing up in Pittsburgh my whole family is steelers fans. I love the steelers but hubby and I love NY and spend alot of time there so all the NY teams are my favs even with baseball I’m a huge Yankees fan. I’ll be cheering with you this year Court.

38 Shana August 16, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I’m super pumped up for Pumpkin Recipes! Football can be on in the background, if it must.
Shana recently posted..Crunch Time

39 Kat August 17, 2011 at 3:03 am

Not a football fan (as in I’ve never watched a complete game in my life..) but I am SO psyched for hockey season. Game 1 is in just over a month!
Kat recently posted..Kick the Habit!