Tackling The To-Do’s

Busy Bee…that’s me today!

Even though I’ve been working non-stop on this to-do list since I last chatted with you all, I still feel like there’s so much that still needs to be done. Eeeek!

Nonetheless, I did make sure to get one very important task crossed off the list…

I will just say this: If you’re going to be at HLS this weekend, make sure to come and find me. Winking smile

I’ve got LOTS of these babies to give away.

Once I finally finished up the double batch of sugar cookies, I sat down for a quick lunch of leftovers from last night’s dinner.

Gosh, I just love how soup is that much better the next day.

The bread is still nice and delicious, too. YUM!

Now, I suppose I should get back to work on that one dreaded task on my to-do list that I’ve been putting off…

Ughh, I really dislike packing. I’m so bad at it!

Question for the Afternoon:

What are some of your best tips for packing a suitcase?

Comments

You bought Thesis! Love that theme. It’s so much easier to comment on I think :)
    My best packing tip is to plan out your outfits instead of just throwing random things in which creates a lot of unnecessary clothing! Just make sure you love the outfits first otherwise you’ll end up with no other options!
    Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..WIAW: Vacation style!

I hate packing too (almost as much as I hate unpacking… that’s even worse, in my book). I’m so bad at it, but the tips my mom taught me is to roll your clothing instead of fold it– keeps it smoother (shockingly) and takes up way less space!

Definitely rolling up your clothes will help you pack more stuff, if you want to bring more. I’ve heard it also reduces wrinkles, but I’m not completely sure about that. Try to bring things that don’t wrinkle :) Also, put ALL of your shower/body lotions/shampoo stuff in bags! EVERYTHING! Including your toothbrush. You never know what kind of stuff can leak, and that includes from other people’s suitcases… :( I learned the hard way! Pack things you’ll need right away on top. For me this means PJs on top, since I usually need a nap pretty soon after arriving, depending on how long the flight is. For you, it might mean a book or nicer clothes for going out. That way, you don’t have to disrupt your other clothes crazily searching for that ONE item. :)

Those are just the tips I can think of right now. Have fun! :)

I would put the heavier items down closer to the wheels! If you lay your pants across the bottom then roll the other items and lay them on top of the pants and fold the pant legs over that works well! I wish I was going to HLS so I could get my hands on some of those cookies! lol. Hope you have a great time!
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Orange Tofu Stir Fry

ahhh have fun at HLS! Can I still have some cookies even though I’m not there? 😉 Like Abby from above.

I’m not a great packer either! But one thing I do like about my packing is that I’m normally a minimal packer. Maybe I’m NOT so bad haha.

I totally feel ya on the dislike of packing… Some “pointers” for you: put shoes at the bottom of your suitcase, lay sweatshirts/heavy sweaters flat rather than folding them up (so they take up less room), pack versatile outfits (so you can wear the same pair of shorts/pants with different outfits,etc.). Happy packing! 😉
    Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries recently posted..SORE and Just Not Feelin’ It

after seeing your soup and bread AND cookies, i’m totally hungry!!! i agree with all the packing tips, especially the one about putting everything that may leak into ziplock bags….sooooo important for sure. i also put my shoes into a plastic grocery bag (i know i should be a better environmentalist and not even have plastic grocery bags but hey, i’m re-purposing them so that should count right?) anyways, back to my tip…wrap your shoes in the grocery bag to keep them from getting your clothes dirty, stuff any socks you’re bringing into your shoes to save room and bring an extra bag for any dirty laundry or wet (bathing suit) items you may be bringing home.

have fun on your trip!!!
    colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..today is the first day of the rest of your life

I’m the worst packer ever. I guess the only tip I can give you is plan out your outfits because I usually bring WAY too many clothes and shoes and wear only about 1/4 haha. Also to fold your clothes cause usually I just throw them in and then I find myself having to check bags :/
    Brittany recently posted..First Ever WIAW!

I like to roll things, and if I have specific outfits planned I’ll pack all outfit items together so that I’m not frantically searching for random elements and making a general disaster of the bag…although that tends to be inevitable!
    Diana recently posted..I’m baaaack!

Yep, just like everyone else said–you gotta roll! It makes SO much more room! I actually just re-packed a bin with all of my sweaters and was able to fit in a ton more by rolling everything. Do it!

I also try to go for one pair of flats and one pair of heels that will go with all of my outfits. And no hairdryer–the hotel usually has one. Even though I’m picky about my hairdryer, I sacrifice in the name of adding in more clothes!
    Melissa recently posted..Ice Cream for Breakfast

Roll your clothes and make sure you pack enough underwear! Haha, it sounds silly, but I sometimes forget underwear (of all things) and wind up buying a pack as soon as I get there and realize it!

yuck you reminded me that I have to go home and pack tonight for a weekend getaway to LA tomorrow. Love traveling but hate trying to decide what to bring!!

Oh and PS…do you use a cookie cutter or are you just amazeballs at making your cookies look so round?
    Ruthie Hart recently posted..20 Something Bloggers Swap