Wednesday Mash Up

by Courtney on August 17, 2011

Good Morning! How’s everyone doing this morning?

Phew, let me tell you…I just finished a great workout. Remember that whole love/hate relationship thing with Wednesday workouts? Well, today was definitely more on the “love” end of things.

Similar to last week’s choices, I ended up doing a mash up of four different workouts:

• 2 mile run (18 mins)
  • Six-Pack Ab Burn (13 mins)
  • Leg Slimmer and Toner (10 mins)
  • 10lb. Slimdown Yoga (23 mins) (<—one of my favorite Workout DVD’s!)

I feel awesome after that mix. Whew! I’m thinking about calling my Wednesday workouts the “Wednesday Mash Up.” Totally corny, yes, but I, too, and corny and I love it.

*****

Would you believe it’s been one full week since I last had a cereal combo bowl? ONE WEEK. That’s crazy talk!

So this morning I broke the streak with a delicious Kashi Trifecta bowl:

• Kashi Honey Squares
    • Kashi Go Lean Crunch
    • Kashi Golden Goodness
    • Blueberries
    • Unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Deeeelicious! Especially when paired with a hot mug of coffee (which, btw, is the coffee I purchased yesterday from Target and I LOVE it).

As a side note…you guys were quite funny when talking about the “Target Effect” – maybe we should start a group for ourselves? Targetaholics Anonymous? Winking smile

*****

I have got a ridiculously full to-do list for today, in preparations for this weekend’s Healthy Living Summit (I leave tomorrow!). I am so incredibly excited for this weekend, yet a little anxious at the same time…

I can’t help it; whenever I get in situations where I’m around a bunch of people with so much going on, I get this overwhelming feeling that I have to do everything and see everyone. Top that with the fact that I will be partaking in my first-ever speaking appearance, and my nerves are definitely getting a workout.

But nerves aside, there is just way too much to be excited about. I mean, this is going to be one great weekend! And thanks to my being apart of the amazing FitFluential Ambassador group, my trip to HLS this weekend is being sponsored by GNC.

I have been speaking with GNC over the past couple of weeks, and it sounds like we are going to be doing some big things with them and FitFluential in 2012. I am so excited to be a part of this and am really looking forward at the big things that are to come! Eventually, I’ll be reaching out more to all of you to see what else you’d be interested in learning about from GNC; so if there’s ever anything you’re curious about, please feel free to contact me. I want my relationship with GNC to be beneficial for all of YOU as well! Open-mouthed smile

Alright, this to-do list is not getting any shorter…gotta run!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…(these are interesting today!)

• Listen to nails scratching down a chalk board -OR- listen to an obnoxiously loud eater chewing his/her food?
    • Have your thumb and first finger glued together for life in the “OK” sign -OR- be forced to say “thank you” before every sentence?
    • That your S.O. has a huge crush & strong physical attraction to your best friend -OR- have them absolutely hate each other?

1 Lisa August 17, 2011 at 9:11 am

Two thumbs up for GNC! Gotta get those vitamins and protein shakes! :)
    Lisa recently posted..Sunny Seed Story #42: Sunny Seeds on the Grill

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 17, 2011 at 9:12 am

eesh, I think I’d prefer the loud chewer. altho annoying, that doesn’t HURT my ears.
    omg. I think I’d prefer the “thank you” problem. life would get so frustrating with my fingers glued together.
    AAND I think I’d rather my SO and my BFF hate each other. it’s happened before… and it’s doable. :)
    Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..The Day I Ran Next To Justin Timberlake

3 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 17, 2011 at 9:13 am

I’d totally join targetaloics anonymous :). I hope you have so much fun at HLS this weekend! I wish I was going to be there. That is so cool that you’re going to be doing stuff with GNC.

Listen to an obnoxiously loud eater
    Be forced to say thank you
    Have them absolutely hate each other!
    Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Beach, Pool, and a Yummy Dinner

4 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 17, 2011 at 9:15 am

I love that 6 pack ab burn workout! Loud eaters annoy me to NO end. Especially loud swallowers… ugh.
    Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..WIAW – Snack Style

5 Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 17, 2011 at 9:16 am

1. Loud eater for sure, Even thinking about nails on a blackboard makes me shudder!

2. Is it on both hands? If it’s only my left, I’ll go with that.

3. Absolutely hate each other!
    Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #1

6 Faith @ For the Health of It August 17, 2011 at 9:20 am

I’m kind of neutral on the first two topics, but I’d definitely have to go with the hate each other. I’m jealous like that, haha…but I have a feeling most women would be too!
    Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..New Rock Workout Playlist – Volume Three

7 colleen August 17, 2011 at 9:29 am

1. Nails on a chalkboard. I can’t stand loud eaters. I would rather not eat for the rest of my life than sit next to them.

2. Fingers for sure.

3. I’d rather they hate each other that way I won’t start to hate my friend! :)

8 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 17, 2011 at 9:37 am

I love random workouts like that. No time to get bored and they make you feel great afterwards!
    1. loud eater
    2. fingers glued together
    3. i think I’d rather them hate each other. Tough one!
    Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..WIAW: Vacation style!

9 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 17, 2011 at 9:38 am

have a great time this weekend! cant wait to read all about it!
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Shopping & Curbing My Sugar Cravings

10 Brittany August 17, 2011 at 9:42 am

Loud eater (as I read that I was munching on TJ’s Baked Lentil Chips and making quite a ruckus. They’re delicious by the way)
    Fingers glued
    Hate each other. Been there, done that.

Also, your site started playing a noisy video for me this morning… I don’t know if you have any control over the ads on the sidebar but those always drive me crazy when they start playing on their own and talking to you. Thought you should know!

11 Courtney August 17, 2011 at 10:16 am

Did it really? What was the video for?? I haven’t had that happen to me before…

12 Brittany August 17, 2011 at 10:29 am

I think it was for like Prilosec OTC or something. My speakers are turned down pretty low and all of a sudden I hear this little whisper. It kinda freaked me out. Haha!

13 Khushboo August 17, 2011 at 9:52 am

Gah nothing annoys me more than loud eaters…especially when they smack their lips together with each bite! The thought alone makes me mad haha!
    Khushboo recently posted..Holy guacamole!

14 Colleen August 17, 2011 at 9:56 am

1. Loud chewer, absolutely
    2. Fingers glued together, can always utilize those pockets :)
    3. Hate each other
    Have a great time at HLS!
    Colleen recently posted..A Better Bowl of Cereal

15 Lindsey August 17, 2011 at 10:04 am

I think blueberries are my favorite fruit to add to cereal bowls!
    Thought both drive me cuts, the loud chewer.
    Have my thumb and finger glued together.
    Hate each other for sure, we could work around it!
    Lindsey recently posted..I Can Save Lives!

16 Hannah August 17, 2011 at 10:06 am

loud eater, thank you, and hate eachother.

we should create a group for targetaholics.
    wish i was going to HLS. I live in Philly and I am not going. I have a bridal shower in boston this weekend! a little jealous of all of you going.. HAVE FUN!
    Hannah recently posted..SHOES SHOES SHOES!

17 Diana August 17, 2011 at 10:23 am

Congrats on your partnership with GNC! That’s amazing! After hearing so much about the HLS, I so wish I were going, it seems like it’s going to be such a fantastic event and I can’t wait to hear all about it next week!

And for the record, noisy eating is my #1 biggest pet peeve. Mega double ew. I would take fingers on a chalk board, or any thing else, over that any day!
    Diana recently posted..I’m baaaack!

18 CJ @ Http://healthy-happy-whole.com August 17, 2011 at 10:27 am

I definitely need to be in target anonymous! They roped me in with their debit card and now I feel like all my purchases are justified haha do you do the 10 minute workouts on on demand exercise tv?!? I love those and the leg slimmer toner! Have an awesome Wednesday!!!

19 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre August 17, 2011 at 10:37 am

Ahhh you are making me more excited and overwhelmed about HLS! I can’t wait to meet you and everyone attending! :)

20 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! August 17, 2011 at 10:45 am

These are tough ones today!
    I would say loud chewer for sure!
    And probably say thank you before each sentence because I would definitely rather have full use of my hands
    And the last one is the hardest… probably hate eachother would be better.
    Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Tweet Tweet

21 Jenny & Love Eat Run August 17, 2011 at 10:51 am

1. Nails on a chalkboard – loud chewers make me crazy!!
    2. I think say thank you. It would be annoying to not be able to use your finger and thumb!
    3. Definitely have them hate each other! I wouldn’t want to feel second best to my best friend in my s/o’s eyes!
    Jenny & Love Eat Run recently posted..Rowdie Morning

22 Ruthie Hart August 17, 2011 at 10:55 am

Thanks for posting your workout today! I want to get the 10 lb slim down dvd!!!!
    Ruthie Hart recently posted..20 Something Bloggers Swap

23 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl August 17, 2011 at 10:57 am

I’m so excited for HLS but I’m nervous too, since I’m going all by myself! :-) Can’t wait to meet ya! And don’t worry, you’ll do a GREAT job speaking!
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Cupcakes, Baseball and Beer

24 Shana August 17, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I’m also going by myself and am super nervous!! It reminds me of move in day at college. You’re excited and terrified all at the same time!
    Shana recently posted..Crunch Time

25 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) August 17, 2011 at 11:13 am

Have fun at HLS!

I’d way rather listen to a loud chewer..

I’d rather have to have the “okay” symbol hahaha!

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) recently posted..Make Your Heart Smile

26 Brittany August 17, 2011 at 11:15 am

1. Someone chewing obnoxiously
    2. Say Thank you
    3. Have them hate each other
    Have a good time at HLS! I’m sure once you get there and start talking your nerves will vanish :)

27 Sweet and Savvy August 17, 2011 at 11:20 am

Love your coffee mug!! :) Have a great time at HLS!
    Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Extended Summer

28 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill August 17, 2011 at 11:28 am

Have a great weekend! I know exactly what you mean about the stress and anxiety leading up to an event/gathering etc. I know you’ll do great though and I’m sure you will make the best of your time! For all it’s worth, if I were speaking, I would be FREAKING out right now…looks like you’re better off than me! :)

29 Kelly August 17, 2011 at 11:44 am

Looks like a great morning!!
    Kelly recently posted..the little things

30 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 17, 2011 at 11:49 am

Congrats on being sponsored by GNC, Courtney! You and your blog have grown so much since I started reading about a year ago. It really is refreshing to see you going places because of it :)
    Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Oodles & Oodles of Green Noodles

31 Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries August 17, 2011 at 12:32 pm

You’ll do GREAT at the HLS! Can’t wait to hear all about it! I wish I could be there.

Would you rathers:
    Definitely a loud eater. I can’t STAND nails scratching on a chalkboard, or anything close to it.

Be forced to say thank you.

Hate each other.
    Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries recently posted..SORE and Just Not Feelin’ It

32 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 17, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard, say thank you before everything I say, and have my best friend and boyfriend hate each other. I get kind of jealous and crushes and strong physical attraction wouldn’t fly for me!
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Orange Tofu Stir Fry

33 candice August 17, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Yay for GNC!
    1. I’ll listen to the llama chewer..
    2. say thank you..
    3. Hate eachother.. cause that would be hilarious.
    Have fun @HLS wish I could be there!
    candice recently posted..Pinterest the drug.

34 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 17, 2011 at 2:11 pm

When did you start attending blogging conferences? I’m a new blogger and would really like to start attending them because it’d be awesome to meet all of the people I follow, but am nervous about taking that step. Any suggestions?
    Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Weigh-in Wednesday + ModernMom News

35 Courtney August 17, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Hi Rosa!
    I went to my first conference last year, which was HLS. I was definitely nervous, but honestly, everyone is so nice and welcoming that it definitely put me much more at ease.
    I would say, if you’re new to blogging, try to start forming some relationships with fellow bloggers. Whether it’s by commenting on their blogs, talking over Twitter, or even shooting an email or two. Once I felt like I sort of “knew” some other bloggers, I felt much better about going and meeting so many people in once place. :)

36 Katie @ Plates and Paste August 17, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Good luck at the Summit! Can’t wait to hear about it :)

I’d rather…listen to someone chew, say thank you, have them hate each other.
    Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..The Day of Fails