Bloggers Go To Market

by Courtney on August 19, 2011

I’ll tell ya…there is something about a group of bloggers going out together for a meal that is just quite the phenomenon. I mean, just take a look at our group as we were making our way out to lunch this afternoon.

There had to be at least 25 of us walking up and down the streets of Philly this afternoon, in what turned out to be some gorgeous weather. Thank goodness for the good weather because I don’t think I could handle another walk through the rain like we did last night. Yikes.

(photo courtesy of Caitlin)

The original plan for lunch today was to head to a place called Govinda’s Vegetarian, which is a local vegetarian and vegan spot. Unfortunately, I’m not sure all of us realized just how small of a place it was, and we quickly decided that it just wasn’t going to work.

So our group broke apart, with some staying at Govinda’s and some of us out on a mission for a new place to feed our bellies. Seeing as though I’ve never been to Philly, I was pretty much just following our little pack, which landed a few blocks away at Pumpkin Market.

Pumpkin Market was also pretty tiny inside, but it was really cute and the menu sounded pretty tasty, so we decided it’d be best to just wait it out. Plus, most of us were pretty hungry at this point, and didn’t want to risk not being able to find somewhere else to go.

We all filled up the small tables outside and chatted away while waiting for our food. Thankfully, it was well worth the wait. I ordered one of their sandwich specials for the day, which was made up of turkey, hummus, sprouts, avocado, and tomato (I added extra) which I got on whole wheat bread.

I absolutely loved how the hummus was freshly made, the turkey was much thicker and fresher than your average deli meat, and the vegetables were crisp and fresh. The sandwich was definitely good enough to overlook the fact that the roof of my mouth is now severely cut up from the toasted bread. Why oh why does this always have to happen with toasted sandwiches?

My sandwich also came with a side of some sort of cannellini bean salad which was really good too.

So far, we’re 2 for 2 here in Philly with restaurants. Woo Hoo!

(But I still have yet to get my fro yo, darn it! Hopefully tomorrow…)

Once we arrived back at the hotel from lunch, we checked in for the conference and snagged our swag bags.

Looks like we’ve got some pretty rockin’ swag this year!

I also picked up a copy of tomorrow’s agenda…

Ohhhh boy…it’s almost time! Disappointed smile

But for now, we’re getting ready for tonight’s cocktail party at Reading Terminal Market. I’m suuuuper psyched!

1 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 19, 2011 at 5:56 pm

That sandwich is right up my alley! All of my favorites. Would love to add some red onion in there too.
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Weight Training + Awesome Upcoming Giveaway!

2 Lisa August 19, 2011 at 5:57 pm

You’ll do great! I can’t wait to hear all about it (when you’re done and relieved!)! :D
Lisa recently posted..Sunny Seed Story #44: Sunny Seed Appetizer

3 Aria August 19, 2011 at 5:58 pm

The sandwich from the pumpkin market looks awesome!! You were probably only a few blocks from me! I work at 20th & Market (in the one of the two identical towers that have the diamond cut-outs on either side).
Those swag bags look awesome!
Have fun :)

4 courtney (pancakes and postcards) August 19, 2011 at 6:03 pm

So fun! I so wish I was there with you guys!

5 Shayla @ The Good Life August 19, 2011 at 6:08 pm

What a fun day you’re all having, I so wish I was there!!! And I saw that pic of you earlier on Caitlin’s blog…I thought that was you, super cute :)

Good luck tomorrow on your panel, I bet you all will rock it! Have fun tonight! :)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Staying Positive

6 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 19, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Yey! I can’t wait to hear how your presentation goes :D Keep us bloggies still at home updated!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Why Should You Back Up Your Blog?

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 19, 2011 at 6:19 pm

You will ROCK IT!!! I just know it! :) …..You all look like you are having so much fun! …Enjoy!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Day 2 (Part II)

8 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 19, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I thought I was the only one who had issues with cuts at the roof of my mouth because of food! I’m glad I’m not…I’ve always been worried about that, haha.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..I am proud to be me

9 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 19, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I love reading accounts from different bloggers about the same thing. It is seriously so much fun!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..serious lunch packer

10 Amy August 19, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Looks like so much fun!!! Can’t wait for updates on your presentation!!

11 colleen @ thegiftofmondays August 19, 2011 at 8:03 pm

i’m with chelsea…i love going to the your blogging buddie’s blogs and reading their accounts of what you guys are doing. looks like you all are having a great time. good luck tomorrow, i know you’ll do FAB!!!
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..do you know who your friends are?

12 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 19, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Good luck tomorrow! Can’t wait to read about how it goes!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sweet Potato Meatloaf

13 Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries August 19, 2011 at 8:24 pm

That sandwich is my kinda sandwich…I love the combination of turkey, vegetables, and hummus on a sandwich! Glad you guys got some good weather for the day!
Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries recently posted..Packing A Lunch Vs. Going Out

14 Katie @ Plates and Paste August 19, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I totally feel ya on the toasted sandwiches scratching the roof of your mouth! And I’m jealous of your swag bag :)

15 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 19, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Sounds so awesome and like a ton of fun!

That swag bag looks amazing! Can’t wait to hear your reviews of the stuff in it!
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Starting the Weekend with Favorites Friday!

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 19, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Good luck on your presentation!! I’m sure you’ll do awesome!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Epic Fail.

17 Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique August 19, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you are enjoying yourself. Can’t wait for more recaps. :)
Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique recently posted..A Little Help

18 Khushboo August 20, 2011 at 2:45 am

I would have ordered that exact sandwich too, including the extra tomato! Good luck on the panel- I know you are going to nail it!
Khushboo recently posted..Brown paper bag: week 1

19 Sarah @ Practice Princess August 20, 2011 at 5:46 am

Awesome sandwich! I’m really looking forward to hearing about your presentation tomorrow. Have a great day!
Sarah @ Practice Princess recently posted..Shopping Pleasures

20 Elizabeth @TheBareMidriff August 20, 2011 at 9:08 am

You were walking around with my stepsister! (Heather from Side of Sneakers!) Small world! Say Hi to her for me!
Elizabeth @TheBareMidriff recently posted..3-Cheese Stuffed Shells with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

21 sarah@spinach and spice August 20, 2011 at 9:16 am

So jealous you’re at HLS! Good food, fun bloggers, and free loot :D You just can’t beat it! Enjoy your time in Philly!
sarah@spinach and spice recently posted..Boston, briefly

22 Lauren August 20, 2011 at 9:42 am

I’ve been waiting for you to make a new post after the Reading Terminal Market (best place on earth) but I couldn’t wait any longer. I have been reading your blog FOREVER now and I saw a picture on Julie’s blog of you girls last night.

And I have to say…

I. loved. your. outfit.
I seriously couldn’t wait to say it. I am in love with it!
Lauren recently posted..My “Pain in the Knee” Story

23 Courtney August 20, 2011 at 10:25 am

Awwww, thank you!!
Post is up now! ;)

24 Thetreadmilldiaries August 20, 2011 at 11:15 am

Looks like there’s great fun and food to be had in Philly. Enjoy!