Philadelphia Firsts

We’ve arrived in Philly!

Me and my carpooling buddies, Jen, Heather, and Alicia, all made it down here safely yesterday afternoon right on time.

IMG_7021IMG_7023

We had a great ride down and definitely had no problem passing the time with funny stories, lots of chit chat, and some yummy snacks…of course. Winking smile

Once we found our hotel, we were super happy to see that a) it was gorgeous, and b) we could check in early. Double WOO!

The one major downfall is that there is no free wi-fi. Total bummer. But hey, we’ll make do.

IMG_7029IMG_7030

At least we have clean bathrooms, right? Winking smile

*****

Dinner

Last night after Heather and I picked up Julie from the airport, a group of us walked a few blocks out for dinner at Farmicia, which was recommended to us all by Jen.

IMG_7033IMG_7034

The inside of Farmicia was super cute and trendy.

So was our group. Winking smile

Jen, Lisa, Julie, Me, Tina, Heather, Diana, Alicia, and Lisa

Farmicia is a BYOB restaurant, but also offers a full menu of their own. I had never heard of before…is this a normal thing? Either way, I can be totally cool with it. So while perusing the menu, I enjoyed a small glass of Pinot Noir which Alicia brought with her.

IMG_7039IMG_7041

Shortly after sitting, our waiter brought out a basket of fresh bread and herb butter.

The herb butter was seriously amazing. So much so that I just couldn’t resist a second piece.

For my dinner, I actually didn’t have a hard time deciding for once in my life because the Crabmeat & Asian Pear salad caught my eye immediately.

This salad totally rocked my socks. It was loaded with lots of yummy crab meat and toasted almonds, and came with some of the most amazing creamed avocado.

This salad was definitely a winner in my book!

Our group seriously must have stayed and chatted for over two hours last night. It was so nice to just sit and catch up with so many girls that I already “know” so much about from reading their blogs.

I’m thinking this is going to be one great weekend!

Once we finally got back to the room (after walking almost a mile in the rain…oh yes, that was pretty), me and my roomies (Julie, Tina, and Lisa) stayed up well past midnight just talking some more and having a blast. Julie said it felt exactly like a high school sleepover, and I couldn’t agree more. So.much.fun!

Now this morning, we’re getting ready to figure out some breakfast plans and start our day. Catch ya’ll later gaters!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Walk a mile in the pouring rain -OR- a snow blizzard?
  • Fly an hour -OR- drive four hours?
  • Stay in a hotel with no wi-fi -OR- no air conditioning?

Comments

You girls are going to have so.much.fun!! —slight hit of jealousy. It comes from a loving place, promise— Enjoy every minute of feeling like you are in high school again! Have TOO much fun!
    Brining in your own wine?!?! SCORE! (I’ve never heard of that!)
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Day 2 (Part II)

So glad you’re enjoying the city of brotherly (or bloggerly, for this weekend) love. Can’t wait to join you on this lovely day (hoping the rain avoids the city like the plague.)

I’d rather walk a mile in the pouring rain, because snow boots always make my feet feel sweaty and I will simply imagine the rain-walk is in a beautiful meadow on a sunshower day. That must be what you meant, right?

I fly more frequently in a year than most of my friends have flown in their lives, so definitely fly. The plane feels like a second home, I can read a book or trashy magazine, and I can nap (well, I guess I could do that driving. It just wouldn’t be a very long [or safe] drive.)

DEFINITELY no wi-fi. I can’t even sleep without some sort of cooling feeling. And not sleeping in a hotel…. what would be the point?

Perhaps, if I’m lucky, our paths will cross tonight at the cocktail party. I’ll be the 6’1″ blond definitely NOT wearing snowboots.
    Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Should I Throw the Kitchen Sink In, Too?

That really does sound like so much fun! I love that you guys are able to chat away like you see one another all the time! That is something so great about the blogging community :). I’m so jealous of your dinner and roommie group! It includes the bloggers that I desperately hope to meet someday- of course including you, duh :). I hope you have a fabulous time at HLS today! Oh and your top is super cute!
    Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Treadmill Workout and Pita Pizzas

Sounds like a lot of fun! I miss high school sleepovers! Now all my HS friends have babies so not sure it would be as fun ;)

Pouring rain, I dislike snow strongly!
    Drive 4 hours, I don’t love flying and driving you can see more!
    No wi-fi, I cannot sleep if it is too hot and stuffy. PLUS it would be an excuse to find a Starbucks :)

That salad sounds so good- what an awesome combination!!
    Hope you girls have so much fun! Wish I was there :)
    1. definitely a mile in the rain
    2. fly! I love flying.
    3. no wifi. I kind of love being ‘disconnected’ sometimes.

I love BYOB restaurants. They are the best! One of my favorite things about living in a big city, as I’ve noticed there are few and far between in other locations. Sort of shocking that this one let you bring in your own wine, but still had a full menu of their own? Normally the point of them being BYOB is so that they don’t have to get a liquor license? But, hey..bringing in your own wine is pretty fabulous so definitely no complaints. :) Hope you have an awesome time in Philly! I’m sure it’s going to be a great time. Jealous.
    Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique recently posted..Foodie Friday

7. Aria says

Hope you are enjoying Philly! I live about an hour outside the city but I work in center city! I so wish I could have scored tickets to the HLS! I’m really considering starting a blog but I’m nervous about never gaining readers lol. I’ve been reading your blog plus a lot of others for awhile now. Have fun and enjoy your weekend in Philly! :)
    Oh and if you get the chance, check out the continental midtown. It’s a great restaurant in center city. They have an awesome lunch & dinner menu plus a really fun atmosphere. Their Asian chicken salad is my fav!! :)

8. Jen M. says

Ahhh, you guys are all so pretty! I hope you have fun!

These questions are easy:
    – mile in the rain
    – fly
    – no wi-fi! usually when I’m at a hotel, I’m on vacation anyway and not interested in staying in touch… :) my answer might be different if I traveled for work though!

sleepovers are so much fun!! I wish I had done more of them in high school. It’s just so much fun to stay up late with friends and talk about everything.
    I would rather walk a mile in the rain (walking in a blizzard is NOT fun), fly an hour, and stay in a hotel with no wi-fi. (I like my peace and quiet sometimes :P )

Have fun at the HLS! I hope one year I can go! :) Can’t wait to hear how it went.
    Brittany@ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter recently posted..Twisted Triangle

I’d walk in the rain, it could be that hot summer rain, right?
    I’d rather fly an hour. I’m assuming I’m excited to get to my destination. :)
    I’d rather have air conditioning. In fact, I’ve been in very few hotels with free wi-fi, guess I better start upping my game, huh?
    Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Cream Puff Heaven