Cocktails at Reading Terminal Market

by Courtney on August 20, 2011

HLS has officially begun…and what better way to kick things off than with a big ‘ol cocktail party!

Roooooomieeees! Tina, Me, Julie, & Lisa Smile

Unfortunately, since I’m a little late with getting this post together and Julie and I are sharing a bunch of our photos, then you’ve probably already seen just about all of this. Buuuut, I’m still going to share anyways.

Everyone was given two drink tickets for the evening, so I made sure to put mine to good use with some delicious Riesling that was available.

Deeeeelicious.

There was also quite a spread of foods available during the evening, featuring a bunch of local Philadelphia favorites. I never ended up putting a plate together for myself, which wasn’t the smartest thing, since I ended up nibbling a bunch all evening long.

The venue for the cocktail party this year was held at Reading Terminal Market, which I had never been to but already felt like I knew so much about. There’s been more than one occasion when it’s been featured on various television shows and whatnot, and I swear that there was an ice cream place inside that I’ve seen on a show before. Perhaps Ice Cream Paradise from the Travel Channel? Anyone know what I’m talking about?? Anyone? Bueler?

I spent the entire evening just mingling around the room and chatting with a bunch of new and familiar faces.

Me & Katy

Me & Lisa

Me & my “date” (which is what Julie and I joked about all evening)

We also made sure to get together with Heather and Brittany so we could have some fun in the photo booth.

So much fun with so many fun ladies!

Once the party was over, a rumor was going around that there was a group of people heading out for fro yo…

Ohhh, you KNOW I joined in on that group! Winking smile

I got a mix of Kahlua Latte & Cream Cheese fro yo, topped with some chocolate chips, Oreos, rainbow sprinkles, a drizzle of caramel, and a couple things of mochi. I had never tried this mochi before that everyone always seems to talk about, but I didn’t really find it too exciting; the rest of the cup totally stole the show for me.

Although, as much as my fro yo stole the show, there was actually somebody ELSE that stole the show…can anyone tell who that guy is in the photo there?

That would be JP, who was actually standing right next to Ashley from this season of The Bachelorette! How crazy, right? I didn’t watch this season because she personally drove me crazy, but the rest of the ladies in our group were totally psyched.

*****

Today is conference day, and there’s only a couple hours before our presentation. Eeeeek!!

1 Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries August 20, 2011 at 11:26 am

Looks like you gals had a great night! I think I said on Julie’s post that I wish I could’ve been roomies with you ladies…you’re all my favorite bloggers! ;) How neat that you saw JP and Ashley!
Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries recently posted..Cookie and A Movie

2 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous August 20, 2011 at 11:27 am

That looks like so much fun!! I LOVE your dress! Good luck on your presentation today! :)
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous recently posted..Sage Pork Tenderloin and New Potatoes

3 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) August 20, 2011 at 11:28 am

AHH im so so jealous!! for the whole of HLS and for seeing some stars!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Never thought I’d do this.. but PROGRESS PICS!

4 Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique August 20, 2011 at 11:29 am

Looks like such a fun night, and yum! to the Froyo. I had some myself last night. I can’t get enough. How funny that you guys ran into Ashley & JP. I guess that makes sense she’s still doing school in PA.
Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique recently posted..T.G.F.F.

5 Heather B August 20, 2011 at 11:31 am

Looks like my favorite two bloggers (you and julie) are having fun! Why is it that the gangsta face is universal for pursing out your lips?! I do it too! Funny ;)

6 pat August 20, 2011 at 11:32 am

Good Luck on your conference today! You’ll be great : )

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 20, 2011 at 11:38 am

YOUR DRESS! ….I absolutely LOVE your dress!!!
Drink tickets well spent for sure
Fro-yo! Oh yes! -I can’t believe you ran into them,I watched here and there but that is still pretty darn cool!

JP & Ashley’s thoughts: “….Gawd, food bloggers are WORSE than paparazzi!!!!”
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..California- Day #3

8 Khushboo August 20, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I love seeing some of my fave bloggers rooming together!
Khushboo recently posted..Evolution

9 Lauren August 20, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Looks like such a fun time with such a fun group of people! I wish I was at HLS…maybe next year?! How would a teen blogger fit in? That’s the only thing that might keep me from going….
Lauren recently posted..Wicked GREEN WIAW

10 Jamie @ snacktress August 20, 2011 at 12:53 pm

It looks like you’re having so much fun! And AHHHH – JP! I was Team JP this season, haha. Awesome.

11 Amanda August 20, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Looks like such a great time!! I work in Philly (a few blocks from that fro yo shop actually)/live right outside of the city, so let me know if you need any restaurant, etc. suggestions for tonight!

12 colleen @ thegiftofmondays August 20, 2011 at 1:03 pm

as some have already said…i LOVE your dress!!!! details please…

and i can’t wait to hear how great the presentation went…i know you’ll do GREAT!!!
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..do you know who your friends are?

13 Nicole S August 20, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Your dress is KILLER! Where’d you scoop that up? It looks amazing on you and photographs REALLY well!

14 Melissa August 20, 2011 at 1:11 pm

So we are all in love with the dress. When I saw Julie’s pics, I was hoping in your post you’d say where you got it! Soooo . . . details, girl!

Hope your presentation went well today! :)
Melissa recently posted..PIVOT!

15 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 20, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Looks like you had a great night! Wish I could be there!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

16 Lauren August 20, 2011 at 1:56 pm

There’s the dress! ;) I LOVE it!

I think you’re thinking about “Bassett’s Ice Cream”. I believe they have a stand in the RTM, but I’m not 100%. There’s always places featured on all those foodie shows from the market so it may have been one of them!

I’m jealous of the Kahlua fro-yo. Yum!
Lauren recently posted..My “Pain in the Knee” Story

17 Brittany August 20, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Ahh I can’t believe you all saw JP!! So crazy!
It looks like you guys had a blast, can’t wait for more updates!

18 Terri August 20, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Glad you’re having a great time. Hope the panel goes well, I’m sure it’s going to be great. Ashley probaly lives in the center city as dental school should be finishing up. They are planning on moving to NY, I think. Not that I watch because I don’t but between my mother and the local news, I am made aware. I love the dress as well, so yes, details please. :) I also really like Julie’s dress, too.

19 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries August 20, 2011 at 3:02 pm

So glad that everyone is enjoying my hometown :) Philly is a lovely city! That fro yo looks FANTASTIC!

20 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats August 20, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Ah!! JP!

All the food looks really good and that fro yo looks so delicious! Yum!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Long Walk

21 Brittany August 20, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I’m SO excited that you’re a Riesling girl! It’s my favorite wine :)
Brittany recently posted..coming up

22 Sophie @ threetimesf August 20, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Hey! It’s my first time on your blog, so hi! Love this post – I’ve been reading about HLS all weekend, looks like you’re all having a blast! Your dress looks lovely – have a great weekend!

23 Becky @ cityrunnergirl August 20, 2011 at 6:11 pm

healthy living bloggers can find a fro yo place anywhere! I’m convinced this skill comes when you sign up for a personal blog ;)
Glad you guys are having fun!

24 kristen August 20, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I read Julie and Lisa’s blogs too! HOw fun that you guys are all together- looks like a blast!

25 Erin August 20, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Ohhh goodness Ashely and JP…how was she in real life because as the bachelorette she was BEYOND ANNOYING, YUUUUUK.

26 Jackie @ That Deep Breath August 20, 2011 at 11:01 pm

I get more jealous every time I see the letters “HLS”! That froyo looks yummy, but I understand the disappointment in the mochi. I’m not a mochi fan at all!
Jackie @ That Deep Breath recently posted..Crazy

27 Brittany August 21, 2011 at 7:56 am

I’m so glad you found some fro yo! The Kahlua Latte flavor sounds amazing. :)
Brittany recently posted..HLS Begins

28 Traci August 21, 2011 at 8:41 am

LOVE THE DRESS. Where did you find this?

29 Amanda August 21, 2011 at 11:28 am

Just found your blog this weekend and I’ve loved reading about the blogger conference. Even though I’m new to blogging, it looks amazing! I would love to be there meeting all of you fabulous ladies! Look forward to following your blog :)
Amanda recently posted..Guest Post Today…

30 Kellie August 22, 2011 at 11:57 am

I’ll need to check in on other bloggers sites to see the pic of JP & Ashley!! LOVE IT.

31 Lizzie August 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm

i watched an episode of the bachlorette too and i wasn’t too keen on ashley. :P
it’s awesome that you guys saw them tho!!!
Lizzie recently posted...Registration.