Cocktails at Reading Terminal Market

HLS has officially begun…and what better way to kick things off than with a big ‘ol cocktail party!

Roooooomieeees! Tina, Me, Julie, & Lisa Smile

Unfortunately, since I’m a little late with getting this post together and Julie and I are sharing a bunch of our photos, then you’ve probably already seen just about all of this. Buuuut, I’m still going to share anyways.

Everyone was given two drink tickets for the evening, so I made sure to put mine to good use with some delicious Riesling that was available.

Deeeeelicious.

There was also quite a spread of foods available during the evening, featuring a bunch of local Philadelphia favorites. I never ended up putting a plate together for myself, which wasn’t the smartest thing, since I ended up nibbling a bunch all evening long.

The venue for the cocktail party this year was held at Reading Terminal Market, which I had never been to but already felt like I knew so much about. There’s been more than one occasion when it’s been featured on various television shows and whatnot, and I swear that there was an ice cream place inside that I’ve seen on a show before. Perhaps Ice Cream Paradise from the Travel Channel? Anyone know what I’m talking about?? Anyone? Bueler?

I spent the entire evening just mingling around the room and chatting with a bunch of new and familiar faces.

Me & Katy

Me & Lisa

Me & my “date” (which is what Julie and I joked about all evening)

We also made sure to get together with Heather and Brittany so we could have some fun in the photo booth.

So much fun with so many fun ladies!

Once the party was over, a rumor was going around that there was a group of people heading out for fro yo…

Ohhh, you KNOW I joined in on that group! Winking smile

I got a mix of Kahlua Latte & Cream Cheese fro yo, topped with some chocolate chips, Oreos, rainbow sprinkles, a drizzle of caramel, and a couple things of mochi. I had never tried this mochi before that everyone always seems to talk about, but I didn’t really find it too exciting; the rest of the cup totally stole the show for me.

Although, as much as my fro yo stole the show, there was actually somebody ELSE that stole the show…can anyone tell who that guy is in the photo there?

That would be JP, who was actually standing right next to Ashley from this season of The Bachelorette! How crazy, right? I didn’t watch this season because she personally drove me crazy, but the rest of the ladies in our group were totally psyched.

*****

Today is conference day, and there’s only a couple hours before our presentation. Eeeeek!!

Comments

1. Heather B says

Looks like my favorite two bloggers (you and julie) are having fun! Why is it that the gangsta face is universal for pursing out your lips?! I do it too! Funny 😉

YOUR DRESS! ….I absolutely LOVE your dress!!!
    Drink tickets well spent for sure
    Fro-yo! Oh yes! -I can’t believe you ran into them,I watched here and there but that is still pretty darn cool!

JP & Ashley’s thoughts: “….Gawd, food bloggers are WORSE than paparazzi!!!!”
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..California- Day #3

Looks like such a fun time with such a fun group of people! I wish I was at HLS…maybe next year?! How would a teen blogger fit in? That’s the only thing that might keep me from going….
    Lauren recently posted..Wicked GREEN WIAW

4. Amanda says

Looks like such a great time!! I work in Philly (a few blocks from that fro yo shop actually)/live right outside of the city, so let me know if you need any restaurant, etc. suggestions for tonight!

So we are all in love with the dress. When I saw Julie’s pics, I was hoping in your post you’d say where you got it! Soooo . . . details, girl!

Hope your presentation went well today! :)
    Melissa recently posted..PIVOT!

There’s the dress! 😉 I LOVE it!

I think you’re thinking about “Bassett’s Ice Cream”. I believe they have a stand in the RTM, but I’m not 100%. There’s always places featured on all those foodie shows from the market so it may have been one of them!

I’m jealous of the Kahlua fro-yo. Yum!
    Lauren recently posted..My “Pain in the Knee” Story

7. Terri says

Glad you’re having a great time. Hope the panel goes well, I’m sure it’s going to be great. Ashley probaly lives in the center city as dental school should be finishing up. They are planning on moving to NY, I think. Not that I watch because I don’t but between my mother and the local news, I am made aware. I love the dress as well, so yes, details please. :) I also really like Julie’s dress, too.

Hey! It’s my first time on your blog, so hi! Love this post – I’ve been reading about HLS all weekend, looks like you’re all having a blast! Your dress looks lovely – have a great weekend!

Just found your blog this weekend and I’ve loved reading about the blogger conference. Even though I’m new to blogging, it looks amazing! I would love to be there meeting all of you fabulous ladies! Look forward to following your blog :)
    Amanda recently posted..Guest Post Today…