We Like To Have Fun

by Courtney on August 22, 2011

Good Morning! Welcome back to the reality that is Monday morning. I hope everyone’s weekend was just as stellar as mine was. As always, just in case you’re playing a little catch up, here’s what you may have missed from my Healthy Living Summit adventures:

A Pod Like No Other

Catching Up On HLS

Cocktails at Reading Terminal Market

Bloggers Go To Market

And just in case you happen to be stopping by for the first time…welcome to STSL!

We like to have a lot of fun around here…you know, sharing recipes, killer workout ideas, and even some fashion chat. So hopefully you’ll stick around, say hi, and weigh in on our fun adventures!

*****

The Healthy Living Summit Farewell

On Sunday morning, a large crowd of HLS attendees gathered in the lobby of the hotel to participate in the planned 5K Fun Run/Walk.

As usual, I had some beautiful buddies to keep me company: Tina, Tanya, Julie, and Paige.

I, along with quite a few others, enjoyed the 5K walking style, taking in a bunch of the local scenery along the way.

I never realized that Philly had such beautiful architecture.

I also never realized that the Philadelphia Museum of Art is where Rocky Balboa famously ran up the steps.

There was quite a view from up top.

Brittany, Gabriella, Julie, & Me

So I have to quickly tell you guys about my workout outfit here…

Champion Shape Line

About a month ago, I was approached by Champion USA to be a part of their ‘Shape Your Life’ Blogger Ambassador Program, where I would be able to test out some of the latest products from their line.

Obviously I was psyched about this opportunity because not only do I enjoy wearing Champion products, but I am in dire need of some new workout clothes. Like, you have no idea.

So while packing up my suitcase for HLS this weekend, I made sure to bring along two of the pieces that I’ve been dying to try out: the Shape Smoothing Long Top and Shape Fitted Smoothing Knee Pants.

As I hope you guys already know, anytime I’m asked to review a product, all of the opinions I give you all are 100% honest. I would never want to steer you guys in the wrong direction, and at the same time, want to make sure that you all get a chance to check out the things I’m loving. Well…I am really loving these things.

Especially the knee pants…and here’s why:

• They are made with inner power-mesh panels that help streamline the hips, thighs, and tummy. You know that little lower belly “pooch” thang that some of us know and hate love? Yep…it’s hidden.
  • The pants are also made with a Silky Double Dry™ fabric which did a great job of wicking sweat and keeping me cool.
  • There are no annoying tags inside, keeping things nice and comfy (and there’s even a hidden inner pocket for keys and coins).

So now that you, once again, have gotten to see me acting like a fool, how about we just go ahead and take a peek at the breakfast I made for myself once we returned from our fun run walk.

Thanks to Quaker, we were provided with a spread of mixed fruit, cereals, yogurt, and an oatmeal bar. I made a beeline for the oatmeal, topping it off with some cinnamon, chocolate chips, dried fruit, cinnamon, almond butter, and some Quaker Oatmeal Squares. YUM!

But as good as that bowl was, it just didn’t compare to my favorite buckwheat bowls. I think it’s about time to go make one of those right NOW!

I’ll catch ya’ll later with some Would You Rather’s. Winking smile

1 Sweet and Savvy August 22, 2011 at 8:49 am

I love those pants! Glad you had a good weekend !:)
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..What is Healthy Weight?

2 Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 22, 2011 at 8:59 am

I’ve really enjoyed your HLS posts Courtney! I so wish I’d been there :)
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Brownie Cake

3 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 22, 2011 at 9:09 am

Glad you had a fabulous weekend! On top of those pants sounding great, you look awesome in them! :)
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..The Help (movie) and Germs

4 Renee August 22, 2011 at 9:18 am

I’m so jealous I like that shirt! Keep up the good work lady!

5 Katy Widrick August 22, 2011 at 9:26 am

It was *such* a pleasure to see you, and I just wish we’d had more time together!
Katy Widrick recently posted..Got My Fill of Philadelphia

6 Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries August 22, 2011 at 9:31 am

I always love a new pair of workout clothes! They always make it so much more motivating to want to workout.
Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries recently posted..Yummy in My Tummy Broccoli Salad

7 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 22, 2011 at 9:34 am

Looks like you had a killer weekend! The pants sound comfy and practical!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Leftovers Don’t Have to be Lame

8 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 22, 2011 at 9:49 am

Those Champion workout tops are too cute :) I’ve gotta check them out

Glad you had a great weekend, Courtney– but I’m also glad to have you back! (not that you ever really went anywhere via internet, but still haha)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Reunited & It Feels So Good

9 Khushboo August 22, 2011 at 10:19 am

Congrats on being approached for the Champion program- awesome opportunity! Those pants sound great, I’m super picky about my workout pants!
Khushboo recently posted..To my friends

10 Brittanie August 22, 2011 at 10:19 am

Love this post, your pictures and workout wear review!

11 Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real August 22, 2011 at 10:28 am

I was walking behind you and noticed your top, now I know where I to get one and those cute pants too. I enjoyed meeting you this weekend and thanks again for the cookies.
Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real recently posted..And then it was over – Healthy Living Summit

12 Sarah @ Simply Dove August 22, 2011 at 10:48 am

It looks like you had a blast at the HLS! I bet that was so fun to go exploring with tons of other like-minded bloggers!

I love that workout outfit! So cute! And Champion is probably my favorite exercise clothing company out there! Pretty much all my workout clothes are Champion! I’m definitely going to have to look for that top!
Sarah @ Simply Dove recently posted..Scenes from the Weekend

13 Yolie @ Practising Wellness August 22, 2011 at 10:49 am

I love Champion clothing, and it’s always fun to hear your recommendations and what you think about something! Love that about blogging…sharing of thoughts and experiences! :-) Mmm…amazing breakfast…and what a wonderful way to see Philly, in such great company too! <3 xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..weekend meals and moves

14 Maria@La_Piattini August 22, 2011 at 11:06 am

I really love Champion workout clothes- their sports bras are the only ones I will buy because they’re so comfortable and last a really long time. I was cracking up on your “belly pooch thing” haha I feel you girl!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Sick Shore Summary

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 22, 2011 at 11:55 am

Those workout clothes look super cute & comfy; I’m in the market for some new stuff, so I’ll have to check it out!

Oh & I looove putting chocolate chips in my oatmeal!

16 Ruthie Hart August 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm

you seriously look so cute in all your workout gear…must get some! And I was gone all weekend but loved keeping up with my favorite bloggers at HLS on my phone! Looks like a blast and can’t wait to hear more about the panel!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Livin’ Life LA

17 alex August 22, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I love that outfit! I’m always looking for new (flattering) workout gear! I’ll be checking this out!
alex recently posted..Apple and Peach Hand Pies

18 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! August 22, 2011 at 12:12 pm

That is an adorable outfit! I also love Champion and most of my workout gear is from them.. maybe I should test those pants out I am always looking for comfy (and tag free) pants!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..A Sunny Monday!

19 Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 22, 2011 at 12:29 pm

A. you look great B.love the caption C. my pooch is the bane of my existance. You’re welcome, son and daughter!
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..The Robot Apocalypse

20 Lizzie August 22, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Cute workout clothes–and i really like oatmeal! i’ve never had buckwheat hot cereal, so i wouldn’t be able to compare
Lizzie recently posted...Registration.

21 Efka August 22, 2011 at 1:03 pm

your new workout clothes look great.

First time lurker here :)

22 Courtney August 22, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Hi Efka! Thanks for lurking ;)

23 Laura @ Unchartered 20s August 22, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Hah “knee pants” make me giggle. idk why…..probably a delirious Monday morning! :D Glad you had fun at the HLS!!
Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..Broadway Baby

24 Andrea August 22, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I love Champion, you can buy their clothes at Target too, which is a huge plus. I always feel bad spending money on workout clothes, enough though I wear them more frequently than all the party attire I can’t get enough of :) I just started reading your blogg and love it! I’m from upstate NY also, and sadly just realized today that my outdoor runs will probably come to an end sooner than I would like to believe :(

25 colleen @ thegiftofmondays August 22, 2011 at 3:25 pm

it’s all your fault. you are TOTALLY to blame. my life will never be the same again. i hope you’re happy…

i am officially addicted to cereal combo bowls! yep, it’s true. as of last week, i have NO desire to eat just one kind of cereal at a time. it has to be three…at least.

and i think about them ALOT. at breakfast. at lunchtime. at snacktime. at dinnertime. AND YOU ALONE ARE TO BLAME!!! (ok, maybe i have a little to do with it, but pretty much i’m pushing this over on you!)

i. LOVE. them.

and. i. LOVE. you!!!

happy monday!!!

p.s. i will definitely be getting those pants! anything slimming, count me in!
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..it doesn’t matter what the world says about you

26 Courtney August 22, 2011 at 3:29 pm

HAHAHA! Colleen, you are too funny. :-D
I’m so glad you’re enjoying the cereal combos…we’ll be combo buddies now!

27 colleen @ thegiftofmondays August 22, 2011 at 3:48 pm

28 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 22, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I love those clothes! I just bought some capris just like that and love the fact they hide that pooch, too. :P
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..You know you’re in the South when…

29 Kelsey August 22, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Those pants look super comfy! I love Philly! I was there for the 4th of july once, it was awesome!
Kelsey recently posted..Is Google+ Too Much?

30 Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza August 22, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Looks like you guys had SO much FUN!!! I’m jealous I wasn’t there! hah! ;)

The workout clothes look awesome, I am a huge fan of knee pants as well!

31 Shayla @ The Good Life August 22, 2011 at 6:54 pm

What a fun run! I never realized too until seeing all yours and other bloggers pictures that Philly has such beautiful architecture! Love your workout outfit too…nothing better than fitted clothes to suck in our girly parts ;)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Sunday Traditions

32 Dani Eats Veggies August 23, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I see me in two of those pictures ;) Awesome pants! I’ll have to check those out!

33 Heather August 23, 2011 at 5:04 pm

it was so nice to meet you and get to chat at the HLS during the fun run! good luck this year in whatever new endeavors you find! Good things will happen for you, I know it!

34 Courtney August 23, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Thanks Heather! I loved our little chat during the 5k! :)

35 Tanya @ Vegan Faith August 23, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I am so happy I got to meet you at the summit! You are just as sweet in person as you are on the blog!

36 Courtney August 23, 2011 at 6:05 pm

It was great meeting you too, Tanya!! Thank you so much…you are super sweet yourself! :)