Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese Saves The Day

If you are here reading tonight’s post, then I must first begin by saying thank you, since it probably took forever for the page to upload. I’m still in the process of trying to figure out what in the world is going on with the blog, so I sincerely apologize for the extremely slowness that is most likely occurring on your end.

If there is anyone super tech-savvy out there that thinks they might have a clue, feel free to let me know because I’m about *this close* to pulling my hair out.

IMG_7236 (640x480)

Thankfully, I’ve had a few things to help keep me sane this evening…

Like finishing off the last of my $3.99 bottle of wine.

Spending time with my favorite little cuddle buddy blog hacker.

IMG_7244 (640x480)

Relaxing on the couch with my non banana-bread eating hubby (even though he’s eating it NOW).

IMG_7243 (640x480)

And doing all of this after eating an amazing dinner of Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese.

IMG_7216 (640x480)

Oh yes, I did it. I got so fed up this afternoon with technology that I headed to the kitchen and let out all my frustrations at the stove.

IMG_7218 (640x480)

Apparently, I should cook more often when I’m frustrated because tonight’s dinner was good. Real good. And it’s still semi-healthy, so I think you should try making this for yourself ASAP.

IMG_7221 (640x480)

*****

To keep things simple, I served our mac and cheese with some steamed snow peas that I found hiding out in the freezer.

IMG_7227 (640x480)

Now, most of you guys already know that I’m really not one for spicy foods, but this dish was well worth the extra fire that is still happening inside of my mouth right now.

IMG_7229 (640x480)

I’m pretty excited about the fact that we have a ton of this still left…anyone want to come join me for lunch leftovers tomorrow? Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

What are some of your favorite ways to de-stress when you’re frustrated?

Comments

oh my that looks amazing! I am going to make that this weekend for our game night! Yum Yum. I love bacon so freaking much. I just did this candied bacon to top some cupcakes with. So yummy! http://familyfreshmeals.blogspot.com/2011/08/maple-candied-bacon-food-network.html

Wine and working out def help with frustration!
    Corey @ Family Fresh Meals recently posted..Thai Garlic & Basil Chicken – optional vegetarian version included (Kiwi Mag)

Oh my gosh, that seriously looks fabulous! Mac and cheese is such a great comfort food :). I would totally come join you for lunch if I lived nearby!! Some of my favorite ways to de-stress are going for a walk, talking to my bf, watching something funny on tv or youtube, and drinking a glass of wine!
    Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Shopping Finds

3. Lyndsi @ Lyndsi and David says

That looks delish! I usually clean or organize when I’m frustrated — exerting energy always helps :)
    Lyndsi @ Lyndsi and David recently posted..24

I am definitely a stress baker. And then my teeny tiny kitchen gets filled up with all sorts of baked goods that I can’t eat all at once. (I suppose I could, if I tried really hard.)

And if I lived nearby I would definitely love to join you for leftovers, that looks delicious and right up my alley. I love spicy foods and mac n’ cheese!
    Lindsay recently posted..Back to School

5. Lily says

Exercise is on of my favorite ways to destress! Today I was feeling a bit frazzled after work and I ran it out on the treadmill – felt so good after!

My mom makes a very similar mac and cheese and it’s uh-mazing. I get stressed out very easily–especially things don’t go as planned. However, I have learned over the years that it is best to just take one thing at a time. I’ll often get overwhelmed when I have a lot on my plate, but if I just take a step back and look at the big picture, I can usually tackle the problem head on. I have also learned that taking time to myself really helps. Do something–like cooking–to get your mind off of your stressors!
    Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..A Mere $13 and Giveaway Winner

Courtney! That looks SO good! My husband even glanced over at the screen and said “oooh.. make that for dinner tomorrow! ”
    Thanks for making that a easy decision.:)
    ps. my end loaded just fine?

8. Nicole says

This looks incredible! I’ve been craving mac and cheese for weeks, and I think this just put me over the edge :)

I just made this recipe last night with a few changes based on what I had in my fridge. It will definitely be a staple in my house! Thanks for the recipe!

I finally finally made this recipe! It was AMAZING! I think next time I would actually bake it instead of broiling though, it took a looong time to get the whole thing really hot all the way through. I was really impressed with how much cheesy flavor it had for so little cheese in the recipe
    Maeve recently posted..Manhattan’s Secret Garden

Trackbacks

1. […] This was so good! Even Rion asked if he could have it for dinner all week! I opted to not tell him there was onions in it! I was worried when going through the original recipe that it would be somewhat time consuming but it really wasn’t all that bad. Aside from a couple changes I made, I followed the recipe the same. The original recipe can be found here, http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/2011/08/23/buffalo-chicken-mac-cheese-saves-the-day/ […]