Full Of Tangents, Take 4

by Courtney on August 24, 2011

Guess what? I’ve got a softball game that I’m headed out to tonight, so you know what that means…

It’s Tangent Time! And we, my friends, are up to Take 4. (In case you missed ‘em, here’s Take 1, Take 2, and Take 3)

So now, let’s DO this!

-Tonight’s softball game could potentially be our last game of the season.

softball (514x386)

Even though it seems like it’s been forever since our first game, this still makes me kind of sad because it’s just another sign that summer is quickly coming to a close. Plus, I love everyone I play softball with.

IMG_3737 (640x433)

-Last week, I treated myself to a mani-pedi in preparation for my trip to Philly. Exactly one week later, this is how it looks.

IMG_7297 (640x480)IMG_7301 (640x480)

I am still in shock that it has lasted this long. It usually takes less than 24 hours for the chipping to start! Oh, and in case you’re wondering, the color I’m wearing is from O.P.I’s newest Touring line called “I Brake For Manicures.”

It sort of reminds me of my other favorite color of theirs.

-I’m starting to get bored with the ‘ol hair-do…it’s getting really long and the color is getting sort of boring.

IMG_7316 (480x640)

I think it’s time for mi madre to work her magic again.

IMG_2983 (640x481)

The only question is…what should I do with it?

-I am sad about summer ending, but I’m also getting kind of excited for fall and all things pumpkin.

img_4830_thumb (454x342)

Some of the things I can’t wait for?

Oh gosh…now I’m really excited.

-I spent the entire morning making Halloween desserts.

107___08

I promise, I’m not insane and I’m not that excited for fall. But I’ll explain soon. Winking smile

And finally…last but certainly NOT least!

-The FedEx man came to visit me again today. This time, he greeted me with this awesome surprise, courtesy of SOYJOY. My surprise was a “Healthy Girls Night In” package, complete with a DVD of one of the movies I have been dying to see!

IMG_7296 (640x480)

Exciting, right? Well, if you want to win a copy of Something Borrowed for yourself, along with a box of SOYJOY bars, check this out.

Right now, SOYJOY is having a “Something Borrowed” Sweepstakes on their Facebook page, so head on over there and enter; 35 lucky winners will receive a Something Borrowed DVD and a box of SOYJOY bars. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Winking smile

Ok, I think I’m done with the tangents for tonight. Now you tell me yours!

Question for the Evening:

What tangents do you have to tell today?

Gotta do the disclaimer thang: I was provided with a “Healthy Girls Night In” package from SOYJOY for sharing the message about the Something Borrowed Sweepstakes.

1 Lindsey August 24, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I cannot wait for Pumpkin Spiced Lattes!! And everything else pumpkin, I already made pumpkin muffins and ate them in record time!
We have a huge Halloween party every year and go all out, it is so much fun making the food for it :)
Lindsey recently posted..Treat Day

2 Amy August 24, 2011 at 6:40 pm

your nails look great. Pumpkin oatmeal is my favorite. I eat it year round. We rented that movie for tonight too. It looks so good.

3 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 24, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Your hair color is gorgeous as it is! It looks like you have a lot of natural blonde highlights. If you’re bored, maybe go with some highlights or lowlights. I always get side bangs when I get bored…subtle enough to not be drastic/want me to kill my hairdresser, but different enough for people to notice.
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Lunch Date + More Shopping

4 Faith August 24, 2011 at 6:44 pm

I went and saw One Day last night…bad idea…good movie, but bad idea. tears, snot; no tissues…what was I thinking?
I bought my first fall candle of the year today (thank you Voluspa…they have the BEST candles of my life!)
It’s 106 in good ol’ Texas today. Fall seems like 100 dreams away…sigh.
I don’t want to cook dinner tonight…but I know if I go out to eat I won’t be a good girl. let the guilt begin…
I like ellipses…
end of tangent. :)
Faith recently posted..Some Days Call for It…

5 Sweet and Savvy August 24, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Wow! That is One Amazing manicure!!

6 Bethany I. August 24, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I love your hair! I think it is gorgeous, but I know what you mean about feeling like your hair needs something new. I just booked an appointment with my hairstylist and I have no idea what I want her to do so I’m going in and trusting her to make my hair look amazing like she always does!

7 Lindsay August 24, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Ooohh! You totally just reminded me of Pumpkin Spice Lattes! I will totally use those to get through student teaching this fall!!
Lindsay recently posted..My Story, Part Two

8 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 24, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I LOVED “Something Borrowed”! And I think I need a haircut too…it’s so long, and just won’t lay right for me anymore :/.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..The Marriage Book

9 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 24, 2011 at 7:05 pm

My nails look HORRIBLE right now. I’m so jealous of your manicure. :/

I’m also kinda jealous that you are sporty and can play softball. I’ve never been the athletic type, but I’ve always wanted to be! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..WIAW (M) and TV Talk

10 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 24, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Ahhh you just made me super excited about pumpkin too!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..wiaw… changing it up

11 Kristin August 24, 2011 at 7:17 pm

If you like the Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks, ask for a Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee there next time…to die for :) Pretty sure I read on the Starbucks website that the PSL syrup comes back on September 8!

12 Erin August 24, 2011 at 10:01 pm

On the 8th already?!?! AWESOME!!!!!!!

13 Courtney August 24, 2011 at 10:03 pm

SAWEEEEEEET! :-D

14 Lauren August 24, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Love that nail color!! I just bought a really dark color but I’m afraid to use it because I know it will chip in 5 min. Always happens to me!

15 angela wilding August 24, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I think you should do something totally different with your hair like maybe an angled bob or add lots of layers to give you some body:)

16 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 24, 2011 at 7:23 pm

You should get a cute short haircut! I feel like it would look very flattering on you :)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..The Other Man

17 Courtney August 24, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Thanks! I’d be so nervous though! :-o

18 Amanda August 24, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I constantly get bored with my hair…and always want a change! Right now it’s shorter….an angled bob hair cut. I absolutely love it, and I get a lot of compliments.

Also– I’m so excited for fall for many of the reasons you mentioned!
Amanda recently posted..What would you do?

19 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 24, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Something borrowed is good…. I got confused between the movie and the movie in my head while reading the book a couple of times. (better watch it again, haha!)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Work is fun!

20 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 24, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I feel ya on the hair thing; I need to do something with mine! It’s long & just gets in the way all of the time. I want to cut it, but then I chicken out. ;-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Honeymoon, Day 5

21 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 24, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Omg I can’t wait for pumpkin things! I actually saw a can of pumpkin at Whole Foods the other day :). I almost bought it haha. Also, you’re hair looks fabulous as is, but I totally understand getting bored with it. Maybe you should just take a few inches off and darken it up a bit for the fall! I’m sure you look gorgeous no matter what!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..I’m Gonna Do It

22 Jessica @ Dishin' About Nutrition August 24, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Lucky! I love when I get mail! I’m heading over to the SOYJOY FB page stat!
Jessica @ Dishin’ About Nutrition recently posted..Rosemary socca with artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes

23 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats August 24, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I love your nail color! It’s a great way to bring in Fall! Maybe you can try something a tad darker for your hair, too…;-)
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Run Done!

24 Caitlin (the quest for fitness) August 24, 2011 at 8:36 pm

omg, something borrowed was so cute! your hair looks good long, btw. i just cut about 8 inches off of mine, and i actually don’t regret it but i do kinda miss it!
Caitlin (the quest for fitness) recently posted..Pat Summitt and Dementia

25 Hannah August 24, 2011 at 8:50 pm

mm i always forget about yummy pumpkin stuff.
think i might have to try some of your recipes.
i looove your hair.
i need to get a hair cut soon. i do not like it shorter anymore and regret cutting it but it needed it.
i lovee ur nail color. i know get gel manicures because they last so much longer! (2 weeks!)
Hannah recently posted..First WIAW!

26 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ August 24, 2011 at 9:01 pm

awe that is a super cute movie!!!
I actually stocked up on canned pumpkin before they took it out of our grocery stores and I still have one left that I was dieing to use! The pumpkin raisin bread sounds amazing!! maybe a weekend project??? i liked your tangent post. it was fun reading a hodge podge of your day :-)
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ recently posted..Back To School What I Ate Wednesday

27 Courtney August 24, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Haha, I actually have one left that I hoarded from last fall too! I’ve been holding off myself ;)

28 Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries August 24, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I’m totally with you on the excitement for pumpkin foods… I’ve already made pumpkin muffins and pumpkin smoothies this past week! Eek! :)
Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries recently posted..Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Clusters

29 Casey August 24, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I looove your blog! I’m actually a daily reader :D I got tagged in that 7 link challenge thing that’s been going around. I know it’s kinda a long shot because you’re a bit more experienced in the bloggy world than myself but I was going to tag you in it. Up to you if you want to do it or not!! BTW…I’m super pumped for fallish yummies with pumpkin too! Hello pumpkin bread :p
Casey recently posted..Banana Bread!

30 Courtney August 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Hi Casey! Thank you so much for reading :-D

I actually did the 7 Links post about a month ago (isn’t it fun?!?). Here it is! http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/2011/07/22/my-7-links/

31 Paige @ Running Around Normal August 24, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Look at you kickin’ butt as a catcher! Whoop whoop!

Hmmm…Halloween baked goods in August? I think I have an idea ;) :) They look super cute!!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..The Paigetarian Diet

32 Courtney August 24, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Thanks Paige! :)

33 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill August 24, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I recently cut a ton of my hair off–maybe like eight inches?–and the shorter cut is great! It’s so much easier to manage and much lighter (but I also have really thick hair). It’s a bit scary to go and just chop it all off or to switch up your look completely, but at the end of the day, it’s just hair!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Forcing The Exchange Student To Eat Puffins

34 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer August 24, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I love your tangents, because that’s really how I think and speak. Just all over the place. :)
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Shhh…Don’t Tell

35 Brittany August 24, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I love your hair! I always wish I could go brunette, which I still may. Too nervous! I can’t wait for fall I love EVERYTHING about it. Now I just got super excited.

36 Ellie August 24, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Okay tangent it is:) I read the book something borrowed and was kind of bothered by the story line- it got under my skin to be rooting for the bad guy- yet I find I want to see the movie! Your nails look great I painted mine just learned that splurging for nail polish is totally worth it, Essie nails look AOK on day 4 and I love the color- I’m really into the grey-black-tan nails these days. . . neutrals make nails look adult- finally I have always-okay the year I’ve been reading- been in love with your hair color but am too afraid to change mine

37 Khushboo August 25, 2011 at 12:42 am

Love the nails- I’m not ‘brave’ enough to wear such a dark shade myself but it looks great on you! I swear by OPI- they last SO long without chipping!
Khushboo recently posted..Best of all worlds

38 Naomi(onefitfoodie) August 25, 2011 at 6:30 am

PUMPKIN SEASON! YESSSS!!! Oh I cant wait to see what you do with your hair! :) you’re so darn pretty anyway, whatever you decide will look fabuloussss

oh i am the queen of tangents and then forgetting the original story I started out with haha…it makes life interesting!

39 Karen August 25, 2011 at 7:57 am

I already decorated my house for fall! I had to…I was out on Sunday and picked up more decorations and decided to “see how they looked” and one thing led to another and now its fall at our house! Dunkin already has their pumpkin spice coffee available, not sure ab Starbucks. Also- Something Borrowed was a great movie! I read the book too but the movie did a good job and it looks like there will be a second movie at some point so we can see “Something Blue” on the big screen! :)

40 Courtney August 25, 2011 at 8:51 am

IT IS?!?!?!?!

41 Whitney August 25, 2011 at 8:11 am

I think you should keep your hair long but maybe go darker for the fall/winter?? Just my 2 cents! :)

I made my husband watch Something Borrowed this past weekend and we both LOVED it. It seriously is a great movie and I was surprised hubs liked it so much. He was skeptical at first and thought it was just a “chick flick” but that is not the case!!! Enjoy! :)

I am too ready for football, pumpkin and cinnamon candles!! Cannot wait!

42 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes August 25, 2011 at 9:09 am

I see your love for pumpkin runs as deep as mine! I cannot wait for pumpkin everything!

Today’s tangents for me include:

my love of speed training (I wrote a whole post about it!)
5 a.m. wake up call for running AND cutting back on caffeine in the same week are a bad idea.
I’m 23 days away from my 2nd Marathon! YIKES!
Hurricane Irene is most likely going to hit Southern New England directly – I’m worried about damage first of all, and getting my long run in (18 miles) second of all!
Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..For the Love of Speedwork (Day 24)

43 Krista (kristastes) August 25, 2011 at 10:16 am

I am pumped up for pumpkin, too! I made my first batch of (almost) fall pumpkin muffins last night, yummmm. I figure since it’s gonna be dark and stormy on the east coast this weekend, comforting muffins are a necessity!
Krista (kristastes) recently posted..I can’t run, but I can (kind of) dance

44 Maria@La_Piattini August 25, 2011 at 11:49 am

Those Halloween desserts are so cute! Can’t wait to hear more about them. Oh now I’m super excited for Fall. Halloween is my fav holiday!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..A Good Stress Reliever

45 alex August 25, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Something Borrowed is cute! Have you read the books? They are even better!

46 Courtney August 25, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Yes! I’ve read them all and I love them! I can’t wait for her 5th book to come out next year :)

47 Jen M. August 25, 2011 at 12:32 pm

OMG, I am DYING for a pumpkin spice latte, I was just talking about it with someone the other day, about how I’d be happy to give up whatever remains of summer if it means my beloved pumpkin spice again, YUM.

48 sara @ the foodie diaries August 25, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I’m in the same boat as you!! My hair is getting EXTREMELY long as well, and I want to cut it but I don’t know what to do with it! I don’t think short hair would look good on me, but I want to change things up a bit :)
sara @ the foodie diaries recently posted..Surviving Hurricane Charley + a Recipe!