Full Of Tangents, Take 4

Guess what? I’ve got a softball game that I’m headed out to tonight, so you know what that means…

It’s Tangent Time! And we, my friends, are up to Take 4. (In case you missed ‘em, here’s Take 1, Take 2, and Take 3)

So now, let’s DO this!

-Tonight’s softball game could potentially be our last game of the season.

softball (514x386)

Even though it seems like it’s been forever since our first game, this still makes me kind of sad because it’s just another sign that summer is quickly coming to a close. Plus, I love everyone I play softball with.

IMG_3737 (640x433)

-Last week, I treated myself to a mani-pedi in preparation for my trip to Philly. Exactly one week later, this is how it looks.

IMG_7297 (640x480)IMG_7301 (640x480)

I am still in shock that it has lasted this long. It usually takes less than 24 hours for the chipping to start! Oh, and in case you’re wondering, the color I’m wearing is from O.P.I’s newest Touring line called “I Brake For Manicures.”

It sort of reminds me of my other favorite color of theirs.

-I’m starting to get bored with the ‘ol hair-do…it’s getting really long and the color is getting sort of boring.

IMG_7316 (480x640)

I think it’s time for mi madre to work her magic again.

IMG_2983 (640x481)

The only question is…what should I do with it?

-I am sad about summer ending, but I’m also getting kind of excited for fall and all things pumpkin.

img_4830_thumb (454x342)

Some of the things I can’t wait for?

Oh gosh…now I’m really excited.

-I spent the entire morning making Halloween desserts.

107___08

I promise, I’m not insane and I’m not that excited for fall. But I’ll explain soon. Winking smile

And finally…last but certainly NOT least!

-The FedEx man came to visit me again today. This time, he greeted me with this awesome surprise, courtesy of SOYJOY. My surprise was a “Healthy Girls Night In” package, complete with a DVD of one of the movies I have been dying to see!

IMG_7296 (640x480)

Exciting, right? Well, if you want to win a copy of Something Borrowed for yourself, along with a box of SOYJOY bars, check this out.

Right now, SOYJOY is having a “Something Borrowed” Sweepstakes on their Facebook page, so head on over there and enter; 35 lucky winners will receive a Something Borrowed DVD and a box of SOYJOY bars. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Winking smile

Ok, I think I’m done with the tangents for tonight. Now you tell me yours!

Question for the Evening:

What tangents do you have to tell today?

Gotta do the disclaimer thang: I was provided with a “Healthy Girls Night In” package from SOYJOY for sharing the message about the Something Borrowed Sweepstakes.

Comments

I cannot wait for Pumpkin Spiced Lattes!! And everything else pumpkin, I already made pumpkin muffins and ate them in record time!
    We have a huge Halloween party every year and go all out, it is so much fun making the food for it :)
    Lindsey recently posted..Treat Day

2. Amy says

your nails look great. Pumpkin oatmeal is my favorite. I eat it year round. We rented that movie for tonight too. It looks so good.

Your hair color is gorgeous as it is! It looks like you have a lot of natural blonde highlights. If you’re bored, maybe go with some highlights or lowlights. I always get side bangs when I get bored…subtle enough to not be drastic/want me to kill my hairdresser, but different enough for people to notice.
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Lunch Date + More Shopping

I went and saw One Day last night…bad idea…good movie, but bad idea. tears, snot; no tissues…what was I thinking?
    I bought my first fall candle of the year today (thank you Voluspa…they have the BEST candles of my life!)
    It’s 106 in good ol’ Texas today. Fall seems like 100 dreams away…sigh.
    I don’t want to cook dinner tonight…but I know if I go out to eat I won’t be a good girl. let the guilt begin…
    I like ellipses…
    end of tangent. :)
    Faith recently posted..Some Days Call for It…

5. Bethany I. says

I love your hair! I think it is gorgeous, but I know what you mean about feeling like your hair needs something new. I just booked an appointment with my hairstylist and I have no idea what I want her to do so I’m going in and trusting her to make my hair look amazing like she always does!

6. Kristin says

If you like the Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks, ask for a Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee there next time…to die for :) Pretty sure I read on the Starbucks website that the PSL syrup comes back on September 8!

Love that nail color!! I just bought a really dark color but I’m afraid to use it because I know it will chip in 5 min. Always happens to me!

8. angela wilding says

I think you should do something totally different with your hair like maybe an angled bob or add lots of layers to give you some body:)

I constantly get bored with my hair…and always want a change! Right now it’s shorter….an angled bob hair cut. I absolutely love it, and I get a lot of compliments.

Also– I’m so excited for fall for many of the reasons you mentioned!
    Amanda recently posted..What would you do?

Omg I can’t wait for pumpkin things! I actually saw a can of pumpkin at Whole Foods the other day :). I almost bought it haha. Also, you’re hair looks fabulous as is, but I totally understand getting bored with it. Maybe you should just take a few inches off and darken it up a bit for the fall! I’m sure you look gorgeous no matter what!
    Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..I’m Gonna Do It

mm i always forget about yummy pumpkin stuff.
    think i might have to try some of your recipes.
    i looove your hair.
    i need to get a hair cut soon. i do not like it shorter anymore and regret cutting it but it needed it.
    i lovee ur nail color. i know get gel manicures because they last so much longer! (2 weeks!)
    Hannah recently posted..First WIAW!

I looove your blog! I’m actually a daily reader 😀 I got tagged in that 7 link challenge thing that’s been going around. I know it’s kinda a long shot because you’re a bit more experienced in the bloggy world than myself but I was going to tag you in it. Up to you if you want to do it or not!! BTW…I’m super pumped for fallish yummies with pumpkin too! Hello pumpkin bread :p
    Casey recently posted..Banana Bread!

I love your hair! I always wish I could go brunette, which I still may. Too nervous! I can’t wait for fall I love EVERYTHING about it. Now I just got super excited.

14. Ellie says

Okay tangent it is:) I read the book something borrowed and was kind of bothered by the story line- it got under my skin to be rooting for the bad guy- yet I find I want to see the movie! Your nails look great I painted mine just learned that splurging for nail polish is totally worth it, Essie nails look AOK on day 4 and I love the color- I’m really into the grey-black-tan nails these days. . . neutrals make nails look adult- finally I have always-okay the year I’ve been reading- been in love with your hair color but am too afraid to change mine

PUMPKIN SEASON! YESSSS!!! Oh I cant wait to see what you do with your hair! :) you’re so darn pretty anyway, whatever you decide will look fabuloussss

oh i am the queen of tangents and then forgetting the original story I started out with haha…it makes life interesting!

16. Karen says

I already decorated my house for fall! I had to…I was out on Sunday and picked up more decorations and decided to “see how they looked” and one thing led to another and now its fall at our house! Dunkin already has their pumpkin spice coffee available, not sure ab Starbucks. Also- Something Borrowed was a great movie! I read the book too but the movie did a good job and it looks like there will be a second movie at some point so we can see “Something Blue” on the big screen! :)

17. Whitney says

I think you should keep your hair long but maybe go darker for the fall/winter?? Just my 2 cents! :)

I made my husband watch Something Borrowed this past weekend and we both LOVED it. It seriously is a great movie and I was surprised hubs liked it so much. He was skeptical at first and thought it was just a “chick flick” but that is not the case!!! Enjoy! :)

I am too ready for football, pumpkin and cinnamon candles!! Cannot wait!

I see your love for pumpkin runs as deep as mine! I cannot wait for pumpkin everything!

Today’s tangents for me include:

my love of speed training (I wrote a whole post about it!)
    5 a.m. wake up call for running AND cutting back on caffeine in the same week are a bad idea.
    I’m 23 days away from my 2nd Marathon! YIKES!
    Hurricane Irene is most likely going to hit Southern New England directly – I’m worried about damage first of all, and getting my long run in (18 miles) second of all!
    Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..For the Love of Speedwork (Day 24)

19. Jen M. says

OMG, I am DYING for a pumpkin spice latte, I was just talking about it with someone the other day, about how I’d be happy to give up whatever remains of summer if it means my beloved pumpkin spice again, YUM.

Trackbacks