The Whole Crew Gets Together

by Courtney on August 28, 2011

Yesterday’s barbecue was such a blast!

IMG_7403 (640x434)

It’s always a great time when I get together with the girls, but it’s not very often that we’re able to coordinate schedules to get both the girls AND the guys together on the same day. I think the last time that happened was either the Halloween Party or Joelle and Kyle’s wedding…?

Either way, it had been way too long and we were all looking forward to getting the whole crew together!

We had a variety of snacks to snack on for the evening, which us girls did a pretty good job on once the boys decided to go out and start playing Kan Jam.

IMG_7386 (640x480)

I had never heard of such a game before…has anyone else? All I know is that the guys were loving it and spent a good couple hours playing it.

IMG_7388 (640x480)

So while us girls continued to snack and chat away, I also enjoyed a couple Blueberry Ales. Loooove them.

IMG_7385 (640x480)

We also had a good time with Joelle’s pug, Forrest. I know I’m always talking cats up in here, so I figured all of you dog lovers out there would appreciate this little big guy.

IMG_7392 (640x480)

He’s a funny character, I’ll tell ya!

IMG_7390 (640x480)

Eventually the grill was fired up and we started to get things ready for dinner.

IMG_7395 (640x480)

IMG_7393 (640x480)

IMG_7396 (640x480)

IMG_7398 (640x480)

I had a cheeseburger, veggie kabob, and some pasta and macaroni salads. Everything was delicious.

IMG_7400 (640x480)

A little while later, dessert was brought out and I snagged a couple of my brownies. You guys were definitely right…those things are INCREDIBLE. I made sure to give away all but about five of them because if they were all left in my house, that would have T-R-O-U-B-L-E written allll over it.

A few more hours of chatting later and we all decided to call it a night before Irene started to show her ugly face. Things are definitely messy around here this morning, but luckily there hasn’t been anything too crazy yet. (*crosses fingers*)

Time to go make some breakfast…I think pancakes may be in order today! Smile

Question for the Morning:

What are your favorite barbecue foods?

1 Sweet and Savvy August 28, 2011 at 9:45 am

Those grilled kebabs look amazing! I love BBQ grilled chicken and fruit salads!

2 Alysha @ She's on the Run August 28, 2011 at 9:48 am

Love a good cheeseburger – they taste best on a charcoal grill though. I’m also a sucker for whatever desserts are out – pie, cake, cookies – I have such a sweet tooth!
Alysha @ She’s on the Run recently posted..Peeled Snacks Contest!

3 Tina August 28, 2011 at 9:50 am

Cute PUG! :)
Tina recently posted..Brush With Celebrity

4 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 28, 2011 at 9:51 am

Aw that sounds like such a fun time!! I hope everything is okay in your area with Irene. And if you have pancakes this morning…eat one for me :)
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..5-4-3-2-1

5 Khushboo August 28, 2011 at 9:51 am

If you’re making pancakes, you know you wanna add in some choc chips to the batter- may as well start your Sunday on the right foot :)…have a great day!
Khushboo recently posted..When nature calls

6 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 28, 2011 at 9:54 am

I agree, those kebobs look great!! And I am always a sucker for macaroni salad. I think my favorite bbq treat would be pulled pork!!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Last Night + First Day

7 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 28, 2011 at 9:55 am

Glad you had a great time! That’s usually my mission too with the sweets I bake for parties and get-togethers. I make sure EVERY single person goes home with a portion so that I bring less home with me to scarf down ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..The Thought Process

8 Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 28, 2011 at 9:57 am

Looks like fun!

I love kebabs, dips and a big juicy burger! :)
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Apple Crumble

9 Emma @ Microcosm of Life August 28, 2011 at 9:58 am

Yum! Looks like such a nice BBQ spread…above and beyond simply burgers and hot dogs :)

I have never heard of that game either, don’t worry!
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..Unwelcome Guests

10 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill August 28, 2011 at 10:00 am

Kabobs are my favorite, but everything tastes better when it’s grilled. Have you ever tried grilled corn on the cob? In my dad’s culture, they season the corn then wrap it in aluminum foil and the corn gets blackened and slightly crunchy. It is so good!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Hurricane Irene Preparations

11 Courtney August 28, 2011 at 11:17 am

Yes, I have! It’s delicious :-D

12 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries August 28, 2011 at 10:04 am

Looks like a fun evening! My favorite barbecue foods are: turkey burgers, grilled corn on the cob, and grilled asparagus. YUM!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Cheap Date

13 Katherine @ The Kats Meow August 28, 2011 at 10:17 am

I just heard of Kan Jam this summer, I saw people playing and had no idea what it is. I want to get some for the beach, I think it would be a fun time!

14 Hannah August 28, 2011 at 10:31 am

kabobs are my favorite!!! or grilled corn.
glad to see everything is going alright there. not so bad here either but in other areas of philly it is worse.!
Hannah recently posted..5-4-3-2-1

15 Megan August 28, 2011 at 10:37 am

I love KanJam! Started playing it in college….I thought it was so dumb at first, but it becomes addictive and fun fast!!

16 Brianne August 28, 2011 at 11:00 am

Irene just left MD but we didn’t lose power so I baked last night. I made your chocolate peanut butter cupcakes and they were delicious! Stay safe up where you are!

17 Stephanie @ StephSnacks August 28, 2011 at 11:08 am

My favorite BBQ food is definitely grilled vegetables. I love when veggies are grilled and I can dip ‘em in BBQ sauce!
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..Hurricane Lunch

18 Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 28, 2011 at 11:11 am

My fave bbq food is probably bratwurst. On a big roll with mustard and some beer on the side. Perfect meal :D
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Lemon Lentil Soup

19 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 28, 2011 at 11:15 am

Definitely vggie kabobs! Glad things aren’t too bad by you, we have major flooding, currently coming into our basement :(
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Zucchini & feta olive oil muffins

20 debbie@accidentlydelish August 28, 2011 at 11:43 am

i love veggie kabobs, and grilled corn on the cob in the husk. oh my. reminds me of indiana. i didnt think i would miss much in indiana when i moved to arizona, but all the fairs that had the grilled corn on the cob… corn just isnt the same out here.

looks like you had a great time <3

21 Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies August 28, 2011 at 11:58 am

That looks so yummy!! I love grilling in the summer :) Looked like a lot of fun!
Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies recently posted..Hurricane Irene and breakfast

22 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 28, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I love when we have nights out with other couples! They are the best!!! I love a margarita, who cares about the food when you have a good margarita~
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..First day of 3rd Grade!

23 Janae Jacobs August 28, 2011 at 2:17 pm

That pug is the cutest thing ever! I am all about corn on the cob!! So glad you got to get together with all of your friends!

24 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 28, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Love the pug pics! :-)

I like a good hotdog & all of the yummy salads that are usually found at BBQs!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Pineapple Breakfast Casserole

25 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas August 28, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I hope you haven’t seen Irene today – I sure have! My favorite bbq food is grilled veggie kebabs! YUM =] Ooohhh your so lucky – you got to have one of your brownies!!!!!! Mad jel. lol
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Wrap It Up

26 nicole @ simply-nicole August 28, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I love bbq’d shrimp with a dusting of old bay seasoning. Delish!

27 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer August 28, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Kan Jam is pretty big here in Buffalo. I’m surprised you’ve never heard of it. I’m not very good, but it’s fun to play.

28 Katie @ Plates and Paste August 28, 2011 at 10:27 pm

You really can’t beat anything on a grill…burgers, chicken, pork, sausage, veggies…it’s all good!
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..KitchenBar

29 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes August 29, 2011 at 9:45 am

I love BBQ – Chicken and steak are my top 2 grilled food items! Veggies too though are sooooooooooooooo good!
Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..I Really Needed that Run (Day 21)

30 Ruthie Hart August 29, 2011 at 10:34 am

I have seen a billboard for kan jam!! Do yall ever play Corn hole?
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Love is sexy

31 Courtney August 29, 2011 at 10:42 am

Yes! We LOVE corn hole!! :)

32 Ruthie Hart August 29, 2011 at 11:36 am

Okay I am glad you knew what that was!!! People are like wtf is corn hole?! LOL! My husband even bought it on Wii….he is obsessed!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Love is sexy