Waiting Since Last Night

by Courtney on August 29, 2011

Good morning and happy Monday! Is everyone feeling well rested from the weekend? Hopefully if you were in the path of Ms. Hurricane Irene, then life is back to normal for ya.

Just in case you were too busy fighting off high winds and heavy rains this weekend, here’s what you may have missed:

They Knew It Too

The Whole Crew Gets Together

Better To Be Safe Than Sorry

He Makes A Mean Breakfast

Monday Workout

In true Monday fashion, I headed out bright and early to get my sweat on. I had my fingers crossed that more people would show up for BodyCombat today, since I really wasn’t in the mood for another spinning class like last time. Thankfully, I few girls were already in the room when I got there, so I stayed and enjoyed a really good butt kicking.

After class, I followed things up with the usual upper body weights and even increased my weights on a few moves. Apparently I was super buff this morning.

Breakfast

Ohhhh man…I had been waiting to dig into this since last night.

IMG_7450 (640x480)

Overnight Oats In A Jar!

I used the same OOIAJ recipe as the last time I made them, but I topped this batch off with a new bag of Love Grown Foods granola that I just opened.

IMG_7452 (640x480)

Ummm, this bag of Cocoa Goodness granola is amazing. Like, really amazing.

Of course, a nice hot mug-o-joe was slurped on with breakfast. There’s just a slight chill in the air this morning, making it perfect for sipping on a nice warm beverage.

IMG_7448 (640x480)

It’s almost starting to feel a little like fall! Smile

IMG_7447 (640x480)

I’m feeling really ambitious today and have a TON of stuff on my to-do list that I really want to knock off. On any typical day, I usually only make it through about 50% of my to-do’s…I don’t know whether that means I aim too high, or I work too slow?

Either way, I’m aiming for about 75% completion on today’s list…aaaand GO!

Of Possible Reading Interest:

Breaking Your Sugar Addiction (SparkPeople)

5 Workout Mistakes to Avoid for Better Results (FITNESS Magazine)

Trouble Spot Toning Exercises (FITNESS Magazine)

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER (it’s been a while, and we’re random today!)…

• Skip the spring and fall months -OR- skip the summer and winter months?
  • Always keep one eye closed -OR- only breathe out of your nose?
  • For a year, have to watch badminton tournaments for 4 hours a day –OR- psychic hotline confessions?

1 Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 29, 2011 at 8:46 am

1. Autumn and winter are my favourite seasons so I don’t want to skip either of those!

2. Only breathe through my nose – though that could be a problem when I get a cold!

3. What’s wrong with badminton? I love it!
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..5-4-3-2-1

2 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) August 29, 2011 at 8:51 am

I could never skip fall, but I would skip spring EVERY year if I could… my spring allergies really beat me up every year.
Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..How a Warrior Carbo-Loads

3 Kate August 29, 2011 at 8:55 am

Im the same way, I usually only accomplish half of my to dos im aiming for more and also trying not to be so ambitious!

4 Nadya August 29, 2011 at 9:06 am

1. I will most definitely skip summer and winter
2. Would say only breathe out of your nose, although its not always easy with that damn sinusitis…
3. I’ll get the badminton tournaments, for sure :)

5 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 29, 2011 at 9:08 am

Skip summer and winter!! Definitely. Or just have fall all year long. That’s be great.
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Easy queasy orangey squeezy. [RCM long run #4!]

6 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life August 29, 2011 at 9:09 am

It totally feels like fall this morning. I slept with my window open and woke to a nice chilly room. Even though I know its gonna get a lot warmer during the day, I was so tempted to whip out my boots.

The first question is so hard! I love fall and spring for their weather but I love love love skiing and going to the beach on a hot summer day. So I chose neither, I love having four seasons.

I would rather breathe through my nose.

Psychic hotline confessions!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..The calm before the storm

7 Khushboo August 29, 2011 at 9:15 am

I love that you use Skippy Natural- moi aussi! It’s the best :)! Any other day your brekkie would have made me jealous but not today: my jar is just about ready! Have a great day!
Khushboo recently posted..Birthdays = another excuse to eat cake

8 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries August 29, 2011 at 9:19 am

The article post you recommended entitled “Breaking Your Sugar Addiction” is perfect for me… I actually just wrote a post this morning about overcoming sweet tooth cravings, because yes, I have a huge, huge sweet tooth. :)

WYR ?’s:
It depends where I’m living (I’ve lived in AZ, CA, and now UT), but I’d say overall I’d want to skip the winter and summer months. I love summer, but absolutely despise winter!

Only breathe through my nose!

I’ll take the badminton.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..How Do You Overcome Your Sweet Tooth Cravings?

9 Kelly August 29, 2011 at 9:29 am

1. I would skip summer and winter
2. my nose (even though I VERY rarely breath out of my mouth even when exercising)
3. those both sound awful.
Kelly recently posted..something is definitely wrong with this picture

10 Hannah August 29, 2011 at 9:29 am

mm oats look yummy.
i love summer but hate the winter. so i guess fall and spring would be best to have rather than summer/winter.
i havent been to body combat in forever.! its on sat am. and i just want to sleep on saturdays.
Hannah recently posted..Monday morning run

11 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries August 29, 2011 at 9:39 am

Oh my goodness, I LIVE for fall and everything that comes with it – jeans and a light cardigan (I swear I’m not 85), leaves changing colors, the FOOD…

As cool as it would be to have one eye closed and possibly wear an eye-patch, I’d rather only breath out of my nose.

Psychic hotline confessions sound so juicy!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..It Seems to be That Time Again

12 Sweet and Savvy August 29, 2011 at 9:42 am

If fall mornings start off with ooiaj and coffee in a cute cup, I’m all for it!!:) I hate winter, but loveeee summer, so I don’t know which seasons I’d rather skip. I’d Probably have to get rid of winter, as long as we Have a warm spring. :)
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Breakfast Rut

13 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes August 29, 2011 at 9:54 am

LOL I would unfortunately skip summer and winter, at least spring and fall have lots of good weather, I can totally do without winter.

I’d rather breathe out of my nose, definitely!

Badminton or psychic? Psychics that has got to be a riot!
Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..I Really Needed that Run (Day 21)

14 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl August 29, 2011 at 10:02 am

I can’t wait for fall – I would never ever skip it! :-) Fall in New York is my absolute fave season, followed by winter. I know, I ‘m strange!

It’s been a while since I’ve eaten some OOIAJ. I think it’s long overdue.
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Sometimes Healthy’s Hurricane Irene Survival Pack

15 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 29, 2011 at 10:03 am

I neeeeeeeed Love Grown Foods granola…. stat! I’m so going to read those articles, the sugar addiction- to read or not to read? I can tell I’m going to have to make some changes even before reading~!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..First day of 3rd Grade!

16 Mac August 29, 2011 at 10:09 am

As much as I love, love, love summer, I hate winter an equal amount… so I must say I would opt to skip summer and winter. Spring and fall are at least decent temps and you can still do things outside without having to put 50 layers on.
Mac recently posted..Work, Work, Work All Day Long

17 Diana August 29, 2011 at 10:10 am

I love fall just as much as the next person, but has everyone here forgotten about Christmas?!?!? That one day alone is worth a miserable season!
Diana recently posted..Puppy Love

18 Ruthie Hart August 29, 2011 at 10:36 am

gah fall and spring are my favorite seasons but I would hate to miss Christmas!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Love is sexy

19 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 29, 2011 at 10:38 am

Oh these are random!
-I think I’d go with skipping winter and summer. I hate winter so much I’m willing to let go of 90+ degree days, plus it’s perfect running weather in the fall/spring :)
-Definitely keep one eye closed. With all my allergies I can hardly ever breathe through my nose normally, If I had to I might suffocate!
-Psychic hotline confessions, at least that would be somewhat entertaining.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Flooded

20 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun August 29, 2011 at 10:44 am

Looks like my kind of bfast. Love Grown and all. ;)

21 Courtney August 29, 2011 at 11:07 am

I thought of you while I was eating it :)

22 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas August 29, 2011 at 11:13 am

I would skip winter and summer because I love fall a little too much!
I would breathe out of my nose
And I would rather do the latter! lol =]
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Fabulous Fall Fashion

23 Melissa August 29, 2011 at 11:34 am

It’s feeling a little fall-like here, too! Not sure I’m ready for it, though–I like the warm!

1. I guess I’d have to skip summer and winter, only because I HATE winter and I do love the milder fall and spring weather. But I would miss summer. I am a hot weather kinda girl. :)
2. Nose. Pretty sure the only time I’m a mouth breather is when I’m running. And that would mean I would have to be running with one eye shut, which just sounds like a bad idea.
3. Psychic hotline hands down. Badminton just irritates me. I mean, a birdie? What IS that thing?
Melissa recently posted..Super Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough

24 Sarah @ Simply Dove August 29, 2011 at 11:44 am

Haha! Those are pretty random questions!!

I’d rather skip the spring and fall months. I love summer too much. Winter is ok. At least you can cozy up with a cup of warm hot chocolate and sit by the fire!!

I’d rather breathe through my nose! I’m clumsy enough with BOTH eyes! Haha!

And I’m gonna have to go with psychic hotline confessions!
Sarah @ Simply Dove recently posted..Survey Says?

25 Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 29, 2011 at 11:48 am

skip summer and winter FOR REAL.
only breathing through my nose would be hard for running, but so would being down an eye. hmmmm, I’ll take the nose.
PSYCHIC CONFESSIONS. Those might be awesome.
Also, I love your mug.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..I Rocked It Like A Hurricane.

26 Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 29, 2011 at 12:26 pm

As a former high school badminton team member, for that last question I have to go with four hour games!! Is it bad that I really would enjoy this??? lol
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Lemon Lentil Soup

27 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 29, 2011 at 12:31 pm

That Cocoa Goodness granola sounds delicious! But isn’t all granola a winner?

I’d totally rather skip summer and winter than spring and fall. I love the clothes of both those seasons and the more temperate weather. Makes it perfect for running without having to really bundle up.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Dance Til the World Ends

28 Alysha @ She's on the Run August 29, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I love Oats in a Jar! Do you heat your up or eat them cold?
Alysha @ She’s on the Run recently posted..West Allis Farmers’ Market Review

29 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life August 29, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I rather skip summer and winter. I’m not a huge fan of summer but LOVE fall! I can’t wait for cool crisp weather and pumpkins everywhere!!!

30 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers August 29, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I’d skip the summer and winter months, but I’d be pretty sad about it. That’s a tough call – good thing I’ll never actually get the choice!

I’d also only breathe out of your nose, which would make hardcore cardio and swimming quite tricky.

I have no idea about that last one. The confessions would be better at first, but the other has more staying power.
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers recently posted..I joined the Dark Side.

31 Katie @ Plates and Paste August 29, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Skip summer and winter! I hate the extreme seasons. Um, breathe through my nose, I guess? haha Psychic hotline confessions! Those could be fun to listen to :)
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..KitchenBar

32 Lizzie August 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I really want to try that granola! I’ve been on the lookout for good kinds :) And i’d deff rather breathe with my nose always. Much more subtle than always having an eye closed! ;)
Lizzie recently posted..Calling all cake recipes! {RECIPE ROUND UP!!}

33 Ari August 29, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Summer and winter, nose, psychic!

34 mary August 29, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Hi courtney-
Just curious if you have gotten a day time job yet. Or is blogging now a career for you?

35 Courtney August 29, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I’m still currently doing the job search thing!

36 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 29, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Ummm yeah…Cocoa Goodness is the bomb! It goes far too fast in my house! I would rather skip the summer and winter months. I absolutely love spring and fall. I would rather breathe out of my nose. I’d rather watch the psychic hotline thing. lol. Might be interesting!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Week of Workouts