Waiting Since Last Night

Good morning and happy Monday! Is everyone feeling well rested from the weekend? Hopefully if you were in the path of Ms. Hurricane Irene, then life is back to normal for ya.

Just in case you were too busy fighting off high winds and heavy rains this weekend, here’s what you may have missed:

They Knew It Too

The Whole Crew Gets Together

Better To Be Safe Than Sorry

He Makes A Mean Breakfast

Monday Workout

In true Monday fashion, I headed out bright and early to get my sweat on. I had my fingers crossed that more people would show up for BodyCombat today, since I really wasn’t in the mood for another spinning class like last time. Thankfully, I few girls were already in the room when I got there, so I stayed and enjoyed a really good butt kicking.

After class, I followed things up with the usual upper body weights and even increased my weights on a few moves. Apparently I was super buff this morning.

Breakfast

Ohhhh man…I had been waiting to dig into this since last night.

IMG_7450 (640x480)

Overnight Oats In A Jar!

I used the same OOIAJ recipe as the last time I made them, but I topped this batch off with a new bag of Love Grown Foods granola that I just opened.

IMG_7452 (640x480)

Ummm, this bag of Cocoa Goodness granola is amazing. Like, really amazing.

Of course, a nice hot mug-o-joe was slurped on with breakfast. There’s just a slight chill in the air this morning, making it perfect for sipping on a nice warm beverage.

IMG_7448 (640x480)

It’s almost starting to feel a little like fall! Smile

IMG_7447 (640x480)

I’m feeling really ambitious today and have a TON of stuff on my to-do list that I really want to knock off. On any typical day, I usually only make it through about 50% of my to-do’s…I don’t know whether that means I aim too high, or I work too slow?

Either way, I’m aiming for about 75% completion on today’s list…aaaand GO!

Of Possible Reading Interest:

Breaking Your Sugar Addiction (SparkPeople)

5 Workout Mistakes to Avoid for Better Results (FITNESS Magazine)

Trouble Spot Toning Exercises (FITNESS Magazine)

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER (it’s been a while, and we’re random today!)…

• Skip the spring and fall months -OR- skip the summer and winter months?
  • Always keep one eye closed -OR- only breathe out of your nose?
  • For a year, have to watch badminton tournaments for 4 hours a day –OR- psychic hotline confessions?

Comments

1. Autumn and winter are my favourite seasons so I don’t want to skip either of those!

2. Only breathe through my nose – though that could be a problem when I get a cold!

3. What’s wrong with badminton? I love it!
    Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..5-4-3-2-1

2. Nadya says

1. I will most definitely skip summer and winter
    2. Would say only breathe out of your nose, although its not always easy with that damn sinusitis…
    3. I’ll get the badminton tournaments, for sure :)

It totally feels like fall this morning. I slept with my window open and woke to a nice chilly room. Even though I know its gonna get a lot warmer during the day, I was so tempted to whip out my boots.

The first question is so hard! I love fall and spring for their weather but I love love love skiing and going to the beach on a hot summer day. So I chose neither, I love having four seasons.

I would rather breathe through my nose.

Psychic hotline confessions!
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..The calm before the storm

The article post you recommended entitled “Breaking Your Sugar Addiction” is perfect for me… I actually just wrote a post this morning about overcoming sweet tooth cravings, because yes, I have a huge, huge sweet tooth. :)

WYR ?’s:
    It depends where I’m living (I’ve lived in AZ, CA, and now UT), but I’d say overall I’d want to skip the winter and summer months. I love summer, but absolutely despise winter!

Only breathe through my nose!

I’ll take the badminton.
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..How Do You Overcome Your Sweet Tooth Cravings?

mm oats look yummy.
    i love summer but hate the winter. so i guess fall and spring would be best to have rather than summer/winter.
    i havent been to body combat in forever.! its on sat am. and i just want to sleep on saturdays.
    Hannah recently posted..Monday morning run

Oh my goodness, I LIVE for fall and everything that comes with it – jeans and a light cardigan (I swear I’m not 85), leaves changing colors, the FOOD…

As cool as it would be to have one eye closed and possibly wear an eye-patch, I’d rather only breath out of my nose.

Psychic hotline confessions sound so juicy!
    Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..It Seems to be That Time Again

If fall mornings start off with ooiaj and coffee in a cute cup, I’m all for it!!:) I hate winter, but loveeee summer, so I don’t know which seasons I’d rather skip. I’d Probably have to get rid of winter, as long as we Have a warm spring. :)
    Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Breakfast Rut

As much as I love, love, love summer, I hate winter an equal amount… so I must say I would opt to skip summer and winter. Spring and fall are at least decent temps and you can still do things outside without having to put 50 layers on.
    Mac recently posted..Work, Work, Work All Day Long

Oh these are random!
    -I think I’d go with skipping winter and summer. I hate winter so much I’m willing to let go of 90+ degree days, plus it’s perfect running weather in the fall/spring :)
    -Definitely keep one eye closed. With all my allergies I can hardly ever breathe through my nose normally, If I had to I might suffocate!
    -Psychic hotline confessions, at least that would be somewhat entertaining.
    Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Flooded

It’s feeling a little fall-like here, too! Not sure I’m ready for it, though–I like the warm!

1. I guess I’d have to skip summer and winter, only because I HATE winter and I do love the milder fall and spring weather. But I would miss summer. I am a hot weather kinda girl. :)
    2. Nose. Pretty sure the only time I’m a mouth breather is when I’m running. And that would mean I would have to be running with one eye shut, which just sounds like a bad idea.
    3. Psychic hotline hands down. Badminton just irritates me. I mean, a birdie? What IS that thing?
    Melissa recently posted..Super Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough

Haha! Those are pretty random questions!!

I’d rather skip the spring and fall months. I love summer too much. Winter is ok. At least you can cozy up with a cup of warm hot chocolate and sit by the fire!!

I’d rather breathe through my nose! I’m clumsy enough with BOTH eyes! Haha!

And I’m gonna have to go with psychic hotline confessions!
    Sarah @ Simply Dove recently posted..Survey Says?

I’d skip the summer and winter months, but I’d be pretty sad about it. That’s a tough call – good thing I’ll never actually get the choice!

I’d also only breathe out of your nose, which would make hardcore cardio and swimming quite tricky.

I have no idea about that last one. The confessions would be better at first, but the other has more staying power.
    Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers recently posted..I joined the Dark Side.

Ummm yeah…Cocoa Goodness is the bomb! It goes far too fast in my house! I would rather skip the summer and winter months. I absolutely love spring and fall. I would rather breathe out of my nose. I’d rather watch the psychic hotline thing. lol. Might be interesting!
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Week of Workouts