A Little Extra Pep In My Step

So I realized an exciting little tidbit this morning…

IMG_7483 (640x480)

I have a $10.00 gift card to iTunes to use up!

I received this about a month ago from Shop It To Me and totally forgot about it until I found it today underneath a pile of papers on my absolutely atrocious mess of a desk.

I’m thinking that I definitely want to purchase some songs so I can create a new workout playlist. Although I’m still enjoying the last playlist I made, I can always use some new tunes to put a little extra pep in my step!

Do you guys have any good recommendations for killer workout songs? Send ‘em my way if you do! Winking smile

Lunch

Anytime I have a savory breakfast, it’s almost always followed up with a sweeter, breakfast-like lunch. Sorry. I just can’t help it.

IMG_7484 (640x480)

Today’s breakfast-like lunch came in the form of a yogurt combo:

IMG_7487 (640x480)

There’s the rest!

IMG_7489 (640x480)

This bowl was super delicious and thoroughly enjoyed while catching up on my latest issue of Shape magazine.

IMG_7490 (640x480)

IMG_7485 (640x480)

I’m feeling full and satisfied for the moment, but I definitely foresee an afternoon snack in my future. Part of me wants to bake something reeeeeally bad, but I know I shouldn’t because I’ll want to eat it all. Ooof.

Catch ya later gators!

Question for the Afternoon:

What songs should I add to my new workout playlist? Recommendations, please!

Comments

Great blog! That lunch looks delicious, I’m salivating at my desk. Check out my blog for some great workout music-www.spinmuse.com–hope you can find something on there that you like! :)

Amanda

Beatie Boys ft. Santigold – Don’t play no game that I can’t win
    David Guetta ft. Rihanna – Who’s that chick
    Kelis – 4th of July
    Royksopp – The girl and the robot
    Kylie Minogue – Get outta my way
    Robyn – her album Body Talk Part 3 is amazing!

Hope you find some awesome songs! Great music is always key to my workouts!

3. Joanna says

My two favorite workout songs right now are “Lights (Bassnectar Remix)” by Ellie Goulding and “Hey Sexy Lady (Skrillex Remix)” by i Square. Anything from the new Pitbull album is awesome for working out too!

4. Amanda G. says

Based on your previous playlist/type of music you like, I’d say:

My Feelings For You – Avicii/Sebastien
    Till the World Ends – Britney Spears
    Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
    Beautiful People – Chris Brown
    Pumped Up Kicks – Foster the People (there are a lot of great upbeat remixes too!)
    You Make Me Feel… – Cobra Starship

Hey Courtney! I just recently started following you via PB Fingers and love the blog. :)

For something totally new, check out Slow Motion Centerfold (www.slowmotioncenterfold) and Vintage Trouble (www.vintagetrouble.com). Both newish bands with amazing sounds — and you can sample the music on both sites before you buy. ;) Happy listening!

xoxo,
    Jenn

I love breakfast foods for lunch – today I had oatmeal, with banana and chocolate protein powder, and it was delicious! :-) Hmmm…I love working out to “Give me everything” and “where them girls at” – they make me feel all bouncy and energised – probably because I’m laughing at the hilarious lyrics, lol! :-P xyx
    Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..dance in the rain

im not sure what your style is and i have no set style so here’s a few different things!
    cobrastyle – teddybears feat. mad cobra
    If I should fall from grace with god – the pogues
    chelsea – the summer set
    beggin’ – madcon
    till i collapse – eminem & nate dogg
    she can get it – kevin rudolph
    you can do it – ice cube (SO old but still pumps me up)
    man up – the blue van
    lapdance – n.e.r.d.

hope you find something you like!

I had my Ipod on shuffle yesterday and “We go together” from Grease came on! It was a surprisingly good workout song. My biceps curls went by super fast.

For a new song, I’m a sucker for anything Katy Perry… “Last Friday Night” is such a fun one.
    Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..And so it begins…

I’m LOVING “I Care” by Beyonce right now. It’s a great tempo for running or peddling.
    Her whole new album (“4″) is great actually…I Was Here, Run the World (Girls), Best Thing I Never Had, and Love on Top are other great ones on there…can you tell I love her music? haha
    Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..love Him

10. Lauren says

Cobra Starships’ “One Night” is my favorite right now!!! Pitbull’s song with Marc Antony “Rain On Me” is also fabulous!!

11. Heather B says

Is it the angle of the magazine or dies that lady have a super small head?! I had to look twice!! Anyway, any Britney spears song gets me going. I know she’s a train wreck but I still love her!! Black eyed peas are good to workout to too!

12. Sherri says

I found my latest issue of Shape on the floor in my eight year old stepson’s room! I feel like he’s too young to be into chicks already! Am I wrong? Any mothers out there have thoughts?

• Courtney says

That would probably put him around 3rd grade, right?
      My gosh, that does seem young, but nowadays, who knows?

Britney Spears- I Wanna Go
    I love this song!

Also since you have your Shape Magazine there too! Is it just me or is the cover just weird looking? like the color and her hair make it look off? I thought something happened in the mail but that’s really how it looks!

14. Sri D says

My music choices are very different so I made two lists :)

All of the Above – Young Jeezy
    Dynamite – Taio Cruz
    Dirty Dancer – Usher, Enrique
    All I Do Is Win – DJ Khaled
    On The Floor – J-Lo

Pumped Up Kicks – Foster The People
    Daylight – Matt & Kim
    Hey Mama – Mat Kearney
    Bridge and Tunnel – The Honoary Title
    Stella – The Postelles

I love lunches like that, yogurt bowls are my absolute fav! :)

I wish I had my iPod on me right now to list some songs but basically I’m loving everything by David Guetta right now, just go to his page on iTunes and every song is amazing. Also anything by Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Neeyo, and Pitbull :)
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Soaking Up The End of Summer

I am the same way! If I eat a savory breakfast (which is very rare) I always have to have a breakfast like meal for lunch or dinner. I absolutely can not skip that part of my day.
    Lauren recently posted..Night Off

My favorite old standby workout song that I put on every playlist – “Faster Kill Pussycat” by Paul Oakenfold feat. Brittany Murphy.

Another awesome peppy song that really gets me running – “U Can’t Stop Me” by Jordyn Kane.

And my newest flavor of the week – “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj.

Happy hunting!