A Little Extra Pep In My Step

by Courtney on August 30, 2011

So I realized an exciting little tidbit this morning…

IMG_7483 (640x480)

I have a $10.00 gift card to iTunes to use up!

I received this about a month ago from Shop It To Me and totally forgot about it until I found it today underneath a pile of papers on my absolutely atrocious mess of a desk.

I’m thinking that I definitely want to purchase some songs so I can create a new workout playlist. Although I’m still enjoying the last playlist I made, I can always use some new tunes to put a little extra pep in my step!

Do you guys have any good recommendations for killer workout songs? Send ‘em my way if you do! Winking smile

Lunch

Anytime I have a savory breakfast, it’s almost always followed up with a sweeter, breakfast-like lunch. Sorry. I just can’t help it.

IMG_7484 (640x480)

Today’s breakfast-like lunch came in the form of a yogurt combo:

IMG_7487 (640x480)

There’s the rest!

IMG_7489 (640x480)

This bowl was super delicious and thoroughly enjoyed while catching up on my latest issue of Shape magazine.

IMG_7490 (640x480)

IMG_7485 (640x480)

I’m feeling full and satisfied for the moment, but I definitely foresee an afternoon snack in my future. Part of me wants to bake something reeeeeally bad, but I know I shouldn’t because I’ll want to eat it all. Ooof.

Catch ya later gators!

Question for the Afternoon:

What songs should I add to my new workout playlist? Recommendations, please!

1 silvia@ skinny jeans food August 30, 2011 at 1:34 pm

“firework” by Kate Perry always gets me wanting to move (even while cooking in the kitchen, have been caught dancing with my cat around the pots).
silvia@ skinny jeans food recently posted..After the storm the sun returns

2 Amy August 30, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Hmmm…for workout songs…I suggest anything from Jay Z and Kanye’s new CD!! Really good.

3 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 30, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I hate that I’m even going to say this, but a lot of the recent Britney songs get me pumped when I’m running!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Back in business

4 Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road August 30, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Gina there is no shame :) She has some good tunes for working out & running!
Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road recently posted..What’s your food theme song?

5 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 30, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I totally agree! Til the World ends always makes me want to dance.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Running on Empty + Luxury Game

6 Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 30, 2011 at 1:37 pm

did you really buy that Kelly Bensimon is not batshit crazy? I didn’t buy it.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Celebrity Smackdown

7 Courtney August 30, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I haven’t gotten to her article yet ;)

8 Khushboo August 30, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Jason Derulo’s “Don’t Wanna Go Home” and David Guetta’s “Little Bad Girl” get me going like no other…I save them for the later part of my workot in case my motivation starts to dwindle!
Khushboo recently posted..Birthdays = another excuse to eat cake

9 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life August 30, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Britney Spears – I Wanna Go. I want to dance every time I hear the song.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Party Animals

10 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life August 30, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Sorry, to reply to my own comment but I forgot about Mr. Saxobeat!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Party Animals

11 Amanda August 30, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Great blog! That lunch looks delicious, I’m salivating at my desk. Check out my blog for some great workout music-www.spinmuse.com–hope you can find something on there that you like! :)

Amanda

12 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre August 30, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Beatie Boys ft. Santigold – Don’t play no game that I can’t win
David Guetta ft. Rihanna – Who’s that chick
Kelis – 4th of July
Royksopp – The girl and the robot
Kylie Minogue – Get outta my way
Robyn – her album Body Talk Part 3 is amazing!

Hope you find some awesome songs! Great music is always key to my workouts!

13 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre August 30, 2011 at 1:46 pm

That’s beastie…not beatie, lol

14 Joanna August 30, 2011 at 1:44 pm

My two favorite workout songs right now are “Lights (Bassnectar Remix)” by Ellie Goulding and “Hey Sexy Lady (Skrillex Remix)” by i Square. Anything from the new Pitbull album is awesome for working out too!

15 Amanda G. August 30, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Based on your previous playlist/type of music you like, I’d say:

My Feelings For You – Avicii/Sebastien
Till the World Ends – Britney Spears
Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
Beautiful People – Chris Brown
Pumped Up Kicks – Foster the People (there are a lot of great upbeat remixes too!)
You Make Me Feel… – Cobra Starship

16 Jenn August 30, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Hey Courtney! I just recently started following you via PB Fingers and love the blog. :)

For something totally new, check out Slow Motion Centerfold (www.slowmotioncenterfold) and Vintage Trouble (www.vintagetrouble.com). Both newish bands with amazing sounds — and you can sample the music on both sites before you buy. ;) Happy listening!

xoxo,
Jenn

17 Courtney August 30, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Hi Jenn!
So glad you’ve started reading! Welcome :-D

18 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 30, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I’m so obsessed with Matt Nathanson’s new album, Modern Love. AND a bunch of the Top Bought songs. I was planning a new playlist post tomorrow! :)
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..I Win, IT Band.

19 Yolie @ Practising Wellness August 30, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I love breakfast foods for lunch – today I had oatmeal, with banana and chocolate protein powder, and it was delicious! :-) Hmmm…I love working out to “Give me everything” and “where them girls at” – they make me feel all bouncy and energised – probably because I’m laughing at the hilarious lyrics, lol! :-P xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..dance in the rain

20 Jenny & Love Eat Run August 30, 2011 at 2:05 pm

It’s so funny, I had a savory breakfast today too and was immediately craving sweet. I couldn’t hold out till lunch so my snack included chocolate pb :)
Jenny & Love Eat Run recently posted..The Savory Route

21 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries August 30, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I’m totally with ya on needing something sweeter for lunch when I have a savory breakfast! Guess that’s our sweet tooth talkin’, eh?? :)

I love finding unexpected gift cards!! I always go on iTunes Store’s Top 20 to find some fun workout tunes.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..One Nutty Batch of Granola (+ Giveaway!)

22 e@thisnotedlife August 30, 2011 at 2:14 pm

im not sure what your style is and i have no set style so here’s a few different things!
cobrastyle – teddybears feat. mad cobra
If I should fall from grace with god – the pogues
chelsea – the summer set
beggin’ – madcon
till i collapse – eminem & nate dogg
she can get it – kevin rudolph
you can do it – ice cube (SO old but still pumps me up)
man up – the blue van
lapdance – n.e.r.d.

hope you find something you like!

23 Lindsay @ biking before bed August 30, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I had my Ipod on shuffle yesterday and “We go together” from Grease came on! It was a surprisingly good workout song. My biceps curls went by super fast.

For a new song, I’m a sucker for anything Katy Perry… “Last Friday Night” is such a fun one.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..And so it begins…

24 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection August 30, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I’m LOVING “I Care” by Beyonce right now. It’s a great tempo for running or peddling.
Her whole new album (“4″) is great actually…I Was Here, Run the World (Girls), Best Thing I Never Had, and Love on Top are other great ones on there…can you tell I love her music? haha
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..love Him

25 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) August 30, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I love that cd too! Every.single.song!
Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) recently posted..Let Those Burdens Down

26 Lauren August 30, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Cobra Starships’ “One Night” is my favorite right now!!! Pitbull’s song with Marc Antony “Rain On Me” is also fabulous!!

27 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) August 30, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I need a doctor by Dr. Dre & Eminem ft. Skyler Grey!

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) recently posted..Let Those Burdens Down

28 Julie August 30, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I’ve been loving “Edge of Glory” by Lady Gaga and “Give Me Everything” by Pitbull!

29 Melissa August 30, 2011 at 3:26 pm

BEP “Don’t Stop the Party”
Young the Giant “My Body”
Cobra Starship “You Make Me Feel”
David Guetta w/Rihanna “Who’s That Chick”
Melissa recently posted..Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Festival 2011

30 Ruthie Hart August 30, 2011 at 3:30 pm

moves like jagger!!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..The 10 Biggest Fitness Mistakes That Are Making You Fat

31 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 30, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Awesome song! Had to grow on me, though.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Running on Empty + Luxury Game

32 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 30, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I want some of that granola. Chocolate and granola together. Yes, please.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Running on Empty + Luxury Game

33 Alexa @ Simple Eats August 30, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Glee-Teenage Dream. It gets me in the mood to run every time! Also, Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Gettin’ Those Fats

34 Heather B August 30, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Is it the angle of the magazine or dies that lady have a super small head?! I had to look twice!! Anyway, any Britney spears song gets me going. I know she’s a train wreck but I still love her!! Black eyed peas are good to workout to too!

35 Courtney August 30, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Hahaha, I think it must be the angle but that’s too funny!

36 Heather B August 30, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Darn autocorrect. DOES, not dies

37 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 30, 2011 at 4:15 pm

I just got that shape magazine! I really enjoy “The Best Love Song” by T-Pain and Chris brown…it’s awesome to workout too! Also, “All of the Above” by Maino is great too :)
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..A Little Bit of Bliss

38 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 30, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Love grown granola sneeks up on me every time, I get SUPER pumped because it looks delicious and I’m hoping that it is someones homemade granola so I can make it and then I get sad because i can’t find it anywhere :(
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Happy Monday! …& I need YOUR help! (please…)

39 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 30, 2011 at 11:29 pm

They sell it on their website!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..A Few Favorites

40 Julia @ Watermelon Smiles August 30, 2011 at 4:41 pm

David Guetta- Where them Girls At
I listen to it on repeat it’s so good.
Julia @ Watermelon Smiles recently posted..On the Bright Side

41 Sherri August 30, 2011 at 4:42 pm

I found my latest issue of Shape on the floor in my eight year old stepson’s room! I feel like he’s too young to be into chicks already! Am I wrong? Any mothers out there have thoughts?

42 Courtney August 30, 2011 at 6:31 pm

That would probably put him around 3rd grade, right?
My gosh, that does seem young, but nowadays, who knows?

43 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats August 30, 2011 at 5:38 pm

You just reminded me that I have an iTunes Giftcard to use up also!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Crampin’ My Workouts

44 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 30, 2011 at 5:41 pm

It’s not super pump up music, but I love the song “Good Life” by one republic! Listened to it this morning
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..I’m Impressed

45 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 30, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I really like ET (the version without Katy Perry singing) for working out. I generally don’t like her, but that song’s really good to run to!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..I love Craigslist

46 Renee August 30, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Britney Spears- I Wanna Go
I love this song!

Also since you have your Shape Magazine there too! Is it just me or is the cover just weird looking? like the color and her hair make it look off? I thought something happened in the mail but that’s really how it looks!

47 Courtney August 30, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I guess I didn’t really notice anything, but now that you mention it…yeah, it does look sort of off.

48 Sri D August 30, 2011 at 6:32 pm

My music choices are very different so I made two lists :)

All of the Above – Young Jeezy
Dynamite – Taio Cruz
Dirty Dancer – Usher, Enrique
All I Do Is Win – DJ Khaled
On The Floor – J-Lo

Pumped Up Kicks – Foster The People
Daylight – Matt & Kim
Hey Mama – Mat Kearney
Bridge and Tunnel – The Honoary Title
Stella – The Postelles

49 Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 30, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I would say anything by Maroon 5. They are my new obsession. My fave is “A Little of Your Time”. Great beat and great song!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

50 Olivia Lang August 30, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Wynter Gordon-Dirty Talk

It’s a really upbeat song that’s good at getting you motivated!

51 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer August 30, 2011 at 6:54 pm

This is perfect timing Courtney, I was just saying I needed some new music on the ‘pod too!

52 Shayla @ The Good Life August 30, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I love lunches like that, yogurt bowls are my absolute fav! :)

I wish I had my iPod on me right now to list some songs but basically I’m loving everything by David Guetta right now, just go to his page on iTunes and every song is amazing. Also anything by Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Neeyo, and Pitbull :)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Soaking Up The End of Summer

53 Lauren August 30, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I am the same way! If I eat a savory breakfast (which is very rare) I always have to have a breakfast like meal for lunch or dinner. I absolutely can not skip that part of my day.
Lauren recently posted..Night Off

54 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 30, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Yum! :) That lunch combo sounds delish! I have the same problem with baking! I never do it because I always end up eating way too many sweets!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..A Few Favorites

55 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts September 1, 2011 at 8:06 pm

My favorite old standby workout song that I put on every playlist – “Faster Kill Pussycat” by Paul Oakenfold feat. Brittany Murphy.

Another awesome peppy song that really gets me running – “U Can’t Stop Me” by Jordyn Kane.

And my newest flavor of the week – “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj.

Happy hunting!