Rolled With The Punches

Well, today didn’t start off exactly as I planned.

I woke up a little later than normal (but still bright and early at 5:15am) to head to the gym. I decided last night that I was going to take a BodyPump class this morning, but since I slept a few extra minutes, I knew that I had to hightail it out there.

I rolled into my clothes, gathered my stuff, and out the door I went. I was feeling pretty confident that I’d make it in time and then BAM…

source

The usual exit that I get off of was completely closed. As it turns out, although hurricane Irene didn’t have much of an impact at my house, it certainly did a number on some of the outlying areas. There was even a pretty destructive mudslide not 10 minutes away from where we live. Crazy.

source

So anyways, I rolled with the punches, made it to the gym 10 minutes later that expected and obviously missed BodyPump. I wasn’t feeling overly motivated for anything else in particular, so I spent my time doing a little mix of cardio and abs:

Cardio

• 10 mins treadmill (@ 7.0mph)
  • 10 mins StairClimber (<—UGH, still despise this thing)
  • 10 mins elliptical intervals

Abs (3 sets of 20 reps each, unless otherwise noted)

• Crunches on stability ball
  • Bicycle crunches
  • Lower ab crunches with stability ball between feet
  • Plank (1 minute hold, repeated twice)

I was happy with my impromptu routine and headed back home, without any closed exits in my way, to get started on breakfast.

Would ya take a look at that pile of eggs? Yowsahs!

IMG_7480 (640x480)

Voluminous veggie scramble with 1/2 cup Egg Beaters, sautéed red pepper, onions, tomatoes, and broccoli.

IMG_7481 (640x480)

On the side, a Thomas’ Multi Grain English muffin with half peanut butter, half raspberry jam.

IMG_7475 (640x480)

And some very necessary coffee.

IMG_7474 (640x480)

With the size of this meal, I’m expecting to be nice and full for a while. Whew!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Only eat fish -OR- only eat meat?
  • Eat skittles -OR- M&M’s?
  • Give up your favorite food for a year -OR- your favorite drink for a year?

Comments

eat only fish – meat is just not my thing.
    M& M’s– chocolate!! :)
    i think i would rather give up my favorite drink… not really sure about this one.

i started off the day not exactly as i wanted either with a headache and decided to put off my work out until later. not really happy about it but atleasat i have time later today to do that.!
    Hannah recently posted..i created the best thing ever..

We were on different sides of the coin this morning – I didn’t have a plan for the gym, and I wasn’t pleased with my on-the-fly routine. Tomorrow will be better!

1. I bet not many people will say this, but I’d rather eat meat than fish! I like fish, but only every so often. Sorry I’m not sorry :)
    2. M&Ms all the wayyy!!
    3. To give up french fries or my vodka cocktail?! I can’t choose!

I had eggs and a thomas muffin today too!
    1. definitely meat–unfortunately the only kind of fish I like is crab : (
    2. easily M&Ms (I’ve actually never liked skittles–chocolate is the way to go)
    3. I would give up my favorite drink for a year before I would give up my food : )
    Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..love Him

Nice workout, despite the unexpected changes! The stairclimber is a killer!!
    1. eat fish- for sure!
    2. skittles- purple ones, epecially 😉
    3. favorite drink..which I’m not sure what that is..but I’d much rather have my favorite food!
    Holly recently posted..Crohn’s Mini Series- Part I

Atta girl, Courtney– making the best of your situation and working out anyway. I’m not sure that I would be able to convince myself to do the same– I might’ve just taken the road block as a sign that it was time to have a day off 😉

And I’m going to go with fish, M&M’s and giving up my favorite drink (sorry, I just love food way too much 😀 )

..and I just realized how fat & lazy this comment is making me sound haha
    Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Christmas for Breakfast

Those eggs are looking great! ….As for the road closed, at least you didn’t go home and crawl back into bed! :) GO YOU!
    …Fish…. M&M’s….. favorite drink. That is the tough one. To give up margaritas or chocolate. I guess I like lots of other drinks too so it is easier to give up. But, there is NO replacement for chocolate!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Happy Monday! …& I need YOUR help! (please…)

Only eat meat (I don’t like enough types of fish to make it through the year)
    Only eat M&Ms
    Give up my favorite food (if I couldn’t drink iced tea, I would be one unhappy and uncaffeinated chick!)

I hate when little things like road blocks or traffic get in the way of your best laid plans. I’m impressed with your workout on the fly.

1. Fish… if I get to include shrimp!
    2. M&ms… all varieties please. The plain ones would get boring… but with some almond and peanut butter ones… I’d be in heaven.
    3. And I would definitely give up sangria over ice cream.
    Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..And so it begins…

1. Fish. So many good choices!
    2. Skittles, which is odd because I have to pick out the grape ones, and I am a huge chocolate lover. M&M’s just don’t do anything for me. Peanut M&M’s on the other hand . . .
    3. Food. My favorite drink is water, and there’s no way I could give that up!
    Melissa recently posted..{in}security

Sometimes a giant pile o’ eggs is just what you need. Yours has me craving some right now!

Good for you that you worked out even after missing the ‘Pump. I would have said, whelp, guess i can’t work out today! :)
    Emma recently posted..Blissfully Random

MEAT OR FISH – fish all the way! i could happily live on salmon!
    M&MS OR SKITTLES – M&MS!! preferably the pretzel kind. CHOCOLATE!
    FAVORITE FOOD – probably air popped popcorn or fro yo =)

Wow!! That picture of the hurricane damage is insane! That’s so sad :(
    Anyways, on a happy note your breakfast looks phenomenal haha
    I like fish…but I like meat more.
    M&M’s ALL THE WAY!
    I don’t really have a favorite food…and I’m pretty sure I couldn’t give up coffee for a year!
    Jordan recently posted..7 Jordanisms

seriously courtney?? again with the making me hungry? i think you could take a photo of fish (wish i so totally HATE) and make me want to eat it! (so obviously you know my answer to your first question!) i’m not sure why the food on stsw always looks so much better than everyone else and always makes me hungry but I.DON’T. WANT. YOU. TO. STOP!!! unless you do fish…and then, well you know…i’m not a big fan…

but i challenge you to change my mind… :) :) :)
    colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..i miss my dad

That happened to me on my way to school. Dead stopped on the turnpike!
    Great workout though.
    I’d rather eat only fish, I was actually a pescatarian for 3 years!
    M & M’s, i’m much more of a chocolate than candy lover.
    I’d rather give up my favorite drink!

Your breakfast looks absolutely delicious…love how voluminous scrambled eggs whites and veggies are, it’s one of my favourite and more filling meals in a pinch…yum! I can’t believe the hurricane caused so much damage! So glad that your house was okay though :-) And awesome workout, despite the change of plans…your certainly did roll with the punches! xyx
    Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..dance in the rain

Yum that breakfast looks delish!

I’d definitely only eat meat – I’m a true meat lover at heart and I always have to be in a certain mood to eat fish.

Definitely M&M’s! Especially the almond, peanut, or pretzel kind! :)

I’d give up my favorite drink for a year – I just love fro yo way too too much to give up for a year!
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Soaking Up The End of Summer

Oooh tough would you rather’s today!

I’d give up the fish for a year, I can’t live without a big juicy steak!
    Skittles or M&M’s? You’re joking right? Hmmm…hmmmm…well if they’re peanut M&Ms I’ll take the M&Ms…but if they’re plain, I’ll take the Skittles.
    I’d have to give up my fave drink, not being able to have my fave food would just kill me.
    Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..Monday Love Part 3 (Day 19)

i dont even really like eggs, but those looks so tasty. but as good as they look everytime i go to make them… not as good as i was hoping. boo.

my favorite drink is coffee so i dont know if i could ever give that up. however i did give up coffee for lent last year..so if i can do it for 40 days maybe i could do it for a year!
    debbie (accidently delish) recently posted..By: Kaydee