Good From Start To Finish

Any evening spent with family that starts with this,

and ends with this,

is a perfect evening to me! As soon as Jay and I arrived at my parents’ house last night, we pulled up a couple rockers on the front porch, grabbed a couple frosty mugs, and spent some time relaxing and chatting.

I cozied up in my rocker with a Sam Adams Summer Ale, which totally hit the spot. Can you guys spot my little dribble down the front of my shirt?

I swear, it was just condensation from the mug this time, but I’m not denying the fact that I am quite often guilty of dribbling. Winking smile

After about an hour of hanging out on the porch, dinner was served; and thank goodness it was, because I was a starvin’ Marvin!

I loaded my plate up with some garlic bread,

lots ‘o salad (with fresh tomatoes, YUM),

and the star of the evening: Mom’s homemade lasagna.

Everything, from start to finish, was so so so so good.

Dinner was followed up with a couple raspberry brownie bites, which were enjoyed by all except for my brother because he’s crazy and, for some reason, doesn’t always want sweets at every opportunity they’re presented to him…sometimes I wonder if we’re really related.

But then I realize, oh yes, we definitely are. Smile

*****

Workout

Thursday mornings call for BodyPump, so I headed out for class this morning, luckily with no blocked roads in my way. Unfortunately, our instructor did the same release as last week which was sort of lame, but she did tell us that she’s planning on starting a new release next week, so I’m pretty pumped about that (<—pun intended).

I skipped my usual cardio in favor of coming home for some yoga, in the form of my 10lb. Slimdown Yoga video. It felt good to stretch it out.

Breakfast

This morning was definitely a protein pancakes kinda morning.

(recycled photo because I was lazy this morning)

And boy were they delicious!

Now, I’ve got some things to do. I know I left you guys hanging last night…I’m sorry! But I promise, I’ll be filling you in soon. Smile

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Eat a full Italian dinner -OR- a full Mexican dinner?
  • Drink a beer on a front porch -OR- a glass of wine at a fancy wine bar?

Comments

Your mom’s dinner looks excellent! Tough choice between Italian and Mexican but after seeing your dinner, I’m going with the latter…I could eat marinara sauce till the cows come home (yes I realise that last bit makes me sound like I’m 80)
    Khushboo recently posted..Brown paper bag: week 3

Both of my grandparents are from Italy and my mom grew up in a veryyy traditional Italian household. My grandma is the best cook in the world, my mom a close second. I always love Italian food more than anything! Mexican hits the spot every once in a while. Your mom’s lasagna looks really delicious!

I’d rather have wine…i want to be more open to trying beers/drinking them too tho!

• Lindsay @ biking before bed says

You read my mind with the wine on the front porch! Maybe some sangria? I would pick an Italian feast… With dessert! Maybe tireamisu?

I love the picture of you and your brother Courtney! I remember when my room got painted when I was little and I had to sleep in bed with my brother for a week. Lots of shenanigans at bedtime:)
      Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Sweeeeet shrimp

3. Darcy says

I would rather do exactly what you did…………beer on the porch chatting with great company and a nice homemade Italian dinner! Sounds like the perfect way to round out the summer……..
    And by the way, now I”m going to have to read your blog everyday in order to find out this new information…………….way to keep us reading! :-)
    I”m looking forward to teaching with Jill, but I’ll miss our great conversations!

The lasagna dinner is making me hungry. I would definitely go Italian all the way. And I’d also have to take the beer option most of the time, since it’s more laid back.

Yum on your pancakes girl! It is a pancake day I suppose ; )

Ahhhhh homemade lasagna , makes me miss my grams, she made the best, that and eggplant parmesan, so good!

Your mom and dad are too cute! I can’t wait to move and get to do family dinners with my parents again!

Have a great day! Can’t wait to hear your news!

xoxo

Oooh girl, you’re dribbling more than a point guard! (well, not really, but it felt sassy to say that.)

I’m sure it’s obvious that I’d choose beer on a front porch. I’d also choose it on a house, I’d even drink it with a mouse. I’ll drink it with a wocket from my pocket, I love it so much, I’ll give it a locket. It’s true that Horton heard a who, but I’ve only got ears for the crack-opening of a brew!

And Mexican. Without question. Taco night is my favorite night.
    Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Delirium Tremens Review: Great Expectations

The shutters on your parent’s house look stunning :) and you look super pretty in that picture too!

Eat a full Italian dinner -OR- a full Mexican dinner? Definitely the full italian meal
    Drink a beer on a front porch -OR- a glass of wine at a fancy wine bar? I don’t drink beer or wine (don’t judge) but I’d love a cooler or a belini on a front porch :)
    Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) recently posted..Pinch, Punch!

I love that you can visit your parents so easily! There are many times I am craving a home-cooked parents meal and then I realize I need to fly all the way across the country to get that!

In California … definitely a full Mexican dinner … back on the east coast … a full Italian dinner for sure!

The next question is a toughie! Both sound great to me. But I’m a wine girl so I have to go with that one!
    Kait @ One Love Run recently posted..Paddling Away

9. Sarah Cook says

Hey Courtney, I have been reading your blog for a little while now and really enjoy it. I just haven’t commented until now because I don’t have my own blog as of yet.
    But, I wanted to ask you if you dye your hair? I think your color is very pretty and am thinking of going darker. If you do, do you know what color it is?

10. Courtney's friend Joey says

While it is a tough choice between Mexican and Italian, I think in this case I would prefer BBQ pulled Chicken…. Come to think of it, I think you should do BBQ pulled chicken this upcoming Tuesday night!!
    Yes, I think that would be a great idea!!

Trackbacks

1. […] my parents must be rubbing off on me…they do a “cheers to Friday” every week, either while sipping beers in frosty mugs on their front porch, or at their favorite table at Applebees. They’re so […]