Holy cow.

Really, you guys have left me utterly amazed. Thank you, all of you, for your comments, tweets, text messages, and emails. As if I wasn’t already excited enough before about my new changes, you have all managed to make me feel even more motivated and enthusiastic about my new adventure. I swear, a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders…and it is such a great feeling!

*****

Dinner

As an extra ‘thank you’ to all of you, I’m going to share the amazingness that came from my oven this evening. Tonight called for something delicious. A couple of weeks ago, I received my most recent issue of Cooking Light magazine which has, once again, gotten my taste buds all worked up. This issue seriously has some amazing-looking food!

Well, tonight’s dinner was inspired by the Summer Veggie Pizza recipe that immediately caught my eye from the minute I turned to its page…

Does this pizza seriously not look divine or what?

I made a couple slight adjustments to the recipe, swapping zucchini for asparagus, adding some fresh tomato slices, and skipping the infused garlic oil step in place of some regular EVOO + Garlic Gold (courtesy of my HLS swag bag).

At first, Jay was a little weirded out by the fact that there was corn on the pizza; I didn’t blame him…this was definitely something new to me too, but I humored him by putting a majority of the corn on my side (don’t worry, he got the majority of the red pepper flakes on his side).

Hey, I love corn in any way, shape, or form, so I figured that it could only be awesome on a pizza too.

Okay. Awesome doesn’t even BEGIN to describe it. This seriously may have been the best pizza to ever make its way out my oven (which doesn’t count with my grilled pizzas, since they’re technically not coming out of the oven). Winking smile

I started with two pieces, easily made my way back for a third, and had to hold myself back from polishing off a fourth. The only thing stopping me was the fact that I will now get to enjoy leftovers tomorrow…which is awesome.

Please, make this pizza. You won’t regret it!

Time for me to go practice my Party Rock Anthem moves relax on the couch. Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

Where do you get the majority of your recipes from? (Magazines? Cookbooks? Blogs?)

Comments

I love myrecipes.com (it’s the mothership of Cooking Light, Sunset, Health, etc.) – so there are great recipes! I also subscribe to Cooking Light!

Blogs are definitely a big source for me also – I’m inspired by what other “real” people eat. I like hearing how easy a recipe is or any suggestions they have, so I enjoy learning from other bloggers about what recipes are a must!

So happy for you, Courtney. Didn’t get a chance to comment on the last post but I read it all and am excited to see your new passion unfold! I admire you for following your gut and being true to yourself.

Ok, that pizza is making me hungry and i just ate dinner. I am a huge fan of veggie pizza but this looks truly amazing! I usually get recipes from a variety of sources– blogs, cookbooks, online… and of course my mom!
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Breakfast for Lunch + 80s Fashionista

I made a lot of recipes out of one of the issues of Fitness earlier this year. I just stocked up on a ton of cookbooks and plan to challenge myself to make every recipe in one of them (soon). :) That pizza looks awesome and now I wish the caf at work made them! I’ll be jealous of you at lunchtime tomorrow. ;)

And way to go on chasing your dreams. I think it’s more normal now than ever for people to reevaluate their life goals and seek new directions in their career paths. I wish you the best of luck with studying! <3
    Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Jerky, Stinky Gyms, and Bake Swaps

4. Jess says

Cooking light is my faaaave! I totally bookmarked that recipe to try too :). Congrats on your big change coming up and I wish you nothing but success! Can’t wait to hear all about your journey!

Most of my recipes come from Southern Living magazine or books, Martha Stewart, my beautiful Italian mother, my grandma, or my brain. Haha. When I first got married I really hadn’t cooked much and that first year was full of more botched experiments than a 7th grade science lab, but I’m finally to the point that I trust myself enough to not ALWAYS go to a recipe.
    Faith recently posted..The Most Embarrassing Post Ever

6. Elizabeth says

I grew up in Britain and ALWAYS enjoyed corn on my pizza – I was so disappointed when I moved to Canada and it wasn’t a regular topping! Whenever we make pizzas as a family I always have corn on mine, and my friends think I am very strange …. but it’s awesome :) Glad you got to see so!

Trackbacks