by Courtney on September 1, 2011

Holy cow.

Really, you guys have left me utterly amazed. Thank you, all of you, for your comments, tweets, text messages, and emails. As if I wasn’t already excited enough before about my new changes, you have all managed to make me feel even more motivated and enthusiastic about my new adventure. I swear, a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders…and it is such a great feeling!

*****

Dinner

As an extra ‘thank you’ to all of you, I’m going to share the amazingness that came from my oven this evening. Tonight called for something delicious. A couple of weeks ago, I received my most recent issue of Cooking Light magazine which has, once again, gotten my taste buds all worked up. This issue seriously has some amazing-looking food!

Well, tonight’s dinner was inspired by the Summer Veggie Pizza recipe that immediately caught my eye from the minute I turned to its page…

Does this pizza seriously not look divine or what?

I made a couple slight adjustments to the recipe, swapping zucchini for asparagus, adding some fresh tomato slices, and skipping the infused garlic oil step in place of some regular EVOO + Garlic Gold (courtesy of my HLS swag bag).

At first, Jay was a little weirded out by the fact that there was corn on the pizza; I didn’t blame him…this was definitely something new to me too, but I humored him by putting a majority of the corn on my side (don’t worry, he got the majority of the red pepper flakes on his side).

Hey, I love corn in any way, shape, or form, so I figured that it could only be awesome on a pizza too.

Okay. Awesome doesn’t even BEGIN to describe it. This seriously may have been the best pizza to ever make its way out my oven (which doesn’t count with my grilled pizzas, since they’re technically not coming out of the oven). Winking smile

I started with two pieces, easily made my way back for a third, and had to hold myself back from polishing off a fourth. The only thing stopping me was the fact that I will now get to enjoy leftovers tomorrow…which is awesome.

Please, make this pizza. You won’t regret it!

Time for me to go practice my Party Rock Anthem moves relax on the couch. Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

Where do you get the majority of your recipes from? (Magazines? Cookbooks? Blogs?)

1 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles September 1, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I love myrecipes.com (it’s the mothership of Cooking Light, Sunset, Health, etc.) – so there are great recipes! I also subscribe to Cooking Light!

Blogs are definitely a big source for me also – I’m inspired by what other “real” people eat. I like hearing how easy a recipe is or any suggestions they have, so I enjoy learning from other bloggers about what recipes are a must!

2 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 1, 2011 at 9:12 pm

So happy for you, Courtney. Didn’t get a chance to comment on the last post but I read it all and am excited to see your new passion unfold! I admire you for following your gut and being true to yourself.

Ok, that pizza is making me hungry and i just ate dinner. I am a huge fan of veggie pizza but this looks truly amazing! I usually get recipes from a variety of sources– blogs, cookbooks, online… and of course my mom!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Breakfast for Lunch + 80s Fashionista

3 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl September 1, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I made a lot of recipes out of one of the issues of Fitness earlier this year. I just stocked up on a ton of cookbooks and plan to challenge myself to make every recipe in one of them (soon). :) That pizza looks awesome and now I wish the caf at work made them! I’ll be jealous of you at lunchtime tomorrow. ;)

And way to go on chasing your dreams. I think it’s more normal now than ever for people to reevaluate their life goals and seek new directions in their career paths. I wish you the best of luck with studying! <3
Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Jerky, Stinky Gyms, and Bake Swaps

4 Jess September 1, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Cooking light is my faaaave! I totally bookmarked that recipe to try too :). Congrats on your big change coming up and I wish you nothing but success! Can’t wait to hear all about your journey!

5 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer September 1, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I get recipes from all over, but lately, mostly from blogs. I like seeing the end result from a real perspective.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Moe’s and Milkshakes

6 Faith September 1, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Most of my recipes come from Southern Living magazine or books, Martha Stewart, my beautiful Italian mother, my grandma, or my brain. Haha. When I first got married I really hadn’t cooked much and that first year was full of more botched experiments than a 7th grade science lab, but I’m finally to the point that I trust myself enough to not ALWAYS go to a recipe.
Faith recently posted..The Most Embarrassing Post Ever

7 Mandee September 1, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I am totally making that! It looks so yum!
Mandee recently posted..Cowgirl Cupcakes… Heeee Haw!

8 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life September 1, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I get my recipes from all over. Usually I get an idea of what I want to make and then do ao google search for a recipe that I want to try out!

Your pizza looks seriously delicious!
Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Workout of the Week and Thursday Agenda!

9 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 1, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I threw some frozen roasted corn into an omellete tonight and was surprised at how good it was. It’s definitely a random ingredient on pizza or in an omellete but so good!
PS- if you actually learn that dance I really hope there will be a video shared on the blog ;)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Sundried tomato pesto & pantry pasta

10 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill September 1, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Yum!! Definitely have to make this soon. I love putting fresh veggies on my pizza…amazing.
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Weight and Size Controversy

11 Rachel Wilkerson September 1, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Ugh, where is my new Cooking Light?! That pizza looks amazing, definitely need to try before summer is completely over! Cooking Light never lets me down.
Rachel Wilkerson recently posted..Girlfriend Discussion of the Week: Proposals

12 Faith @ For the Health of It September 1, 2011 at 10:39 pm

A lot of my recipes come from just throwing random ingredients into a bowl and hoping for the best. Beyond that though, I get most of my ideas from blogs!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Is the Added Sugar Epidemic Over?

13 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 1, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Holy delicious pizza! That looks amazing. I, too, love corn with and on anything and everything. :)

I get most of my recipes from family members, blogs, or recipe websites!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Random Thoughts

14 Jen @familyfoodfitnessandfun September 1, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Too funny…I just made this pizza last week! And yes, it was delish :) I love Cooking Light mag. Another favorite magazine for recipes is Clean Eating. So many yummy and healthy ideas.
Jen @familyfoodfitnessandfun recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

15 Lindsey September 2, 2011 at 12:28 am

I will have to try this recipe for sure! My husband loves pizza! Last night we had the best Chicago deep dish pizza and I am now scared nothing will live up to it for him!
Lindsey recently posted..Tribute to Fall

16 Khushboo September 2, 2011 at 3:41 am

Dear Courntey,

I hate you for making me crave pizza like mad while I’m at work!

That’s all.
Khushboo recently posted..Brown paper bag: week 3

17 Khushboo September 2, 2011 at 3:42 am

I should have added in :) just to clarify my ‘just kiddin’ tone!
Khushboo recently posted..Brown paper bag: week 3

18 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 2, 2011 at 5:23 am

I’m a huge Allrecipes lovahh.
I actually got a smart phone very recently and discovered this amazing Allrecipes app called “dinner spinner” where you pick the ingredients you want to use and how much time you have, and it tells you what you should make! One of the best uses of my iPhone thus far ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Things I’m Lovin’ Thursday: 5th Edition

19 Lauren September 2, 2011 at 7:03 am

I never got to comment last night but I just want to say how proud I am of you!! You will LOVE the fitness journey as a career. :) Good for you girl.
Lauren recently posted..Setting September Goals

20 Heather September 2, 2011 at 9:15 am

i love how COLORFUL that pizza is! yummers!

21 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes September 2, 2011 at 9:42 am

Wow that looks amazing, will be trying that,yes, thank you! :)

22 Yolie @ Practising Wellness September 2, 2011 at 10:10 am

That. Pizza. Looks. Amazing! :-D xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..save the best for last

23 Katie @ Plates and Paste September 2, 2011 at 12:13 pm

That pizza looks awesome! And so much health color :)

I used to check out epicurious for recipes but I’ve been obsessed with foodgawker lately.
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Down to the Kor

24 Elizabeth September 2, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I grew up in Britain and ALWAYS enjoyed corn on my pizza – I was so disappointed when I moved to Canada and it wasn’t a regular topping! Whenever we make pizzas as a family I always have corn on mine, and my friends think I am very strange …. but it’s awesome :) Glad you got to see so!

25 Nicole September 6, 2011 at 11:11 am

This pizza looks fantastic, thanks for sharing!!