Fashion Friday: Two Things

by Courtney on September 2, 2011

Happy Fashion Friday! For today’s post, I didn’t really have any one particular topic in mind, but I did have a couple of things that I knew I just *had* to share with you. So I guess you could sort of call this a Fashion Friday Tangents post? Oh boy…more tangents?

Anyways. Here’s two things that I’m totally loving this week:

1. Make Up For Ever Invisible Cover HD Concealer

While I did love my previous concealer, I guess I was just too lazy to go and order it online. So the last time I went into Sephora, I asked one of the girls if she had a concealer that she could recommend, and she introduced me to this beauty, in #340, to be exact. Winking smile

This concealer is the jam. It goes on super smooth, has a great applicator, and provides some serious coverage for my lovely, dark under-eye circles.

2. Urbandillo Classic Hobo

I recently came across this snazzy little accessory while reading through my latest issue of Shape magazine.

For anyone who travels, this seems like it would be the perfect thing to pack. I know I really could have used it while I was at Fitbloggin’ this year!

Typically, any time I’ve seen something that “shrinks” like this does, it’s not exactly fashionable. But this purple tote, which uses SHRINX technology, is seriously just adorable. In fact, the website has a few other items which are just as cute, and I’m totally lusting after them.

(FYI: I don’t own any of their items, and I’m not getting any sort of compensation for talking about them – I just think they’re awesome.)

And just in case you’re interested…

Fashion Friday reading material:

SHAPE Beauty Awards (Shape.com)

14 Best Beauty Products for Couples to Share (Shape.com)

6 Colors to Wear This Fall (Self.com)

Most Wearable Fall Beauty Trends (Self.com)

Questions for the Afternoon:

What fashion tangents do you have?

What are you loving lately?

1 Girl In The Pink September 2, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Great finds, and I am currently reading those articles you linked too – awesome!

I am loving using wet/chilled green tea bags to reduce puffiness under my eyes!! I think it actually helps!!
Girl In The Pink recently posted..Friday Favorites

2 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas September 2, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I am loving everything Khiels! Moisturizer, cleanser, & face wash! all of their skin products keep my skin glowing!
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Fortune Friday Part 2

3 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 2, 2011 at 2:56 pm

With this sweltering weather I have been loving a lot of loose dresses. With fall coming, though, I am very excited for some boots!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Blueberry Bottom

4 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes September 2, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I’m feeling incredibly unfashionable lately – marathon training has completely reshaped my body (not complaining) but my clothes don’t fit right and I haven’t been able to go shopping!

I am loving Maybelline Mineral Power Foundation. My chin has been breaking out something fierce lately, and this covers it perfectly!

I’ve been writing on Monday’s about everything I love! It’s so much fun to share!
Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..A HUGE Month (Day 17)

5 Mandee @ Mandeelicious September 2, 2011 at 3:20 pm

tiger lily jewelry! all their “feather” earrings are amazing.

and i love running into forever 21 to scope out the jewelry. it’s def hit or miss, but when it’s HIT there are so many funky boho chic dangly earrings to be had! even if you only wear them once, it’s worth the $2 and change that they cost! it’s like my little wardrobe secret – no one can believe that certain pieces i have are from there!
Mandee @ Mandeelicious recently posted..Cowgirl Cupcakes… Heeee Haw!

6 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 2, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I like your finds! I’m stoked about all of the boots that are coming out in stores for the fall.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Crock Pot Wonders

7 Courtney September 2, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I totally just bought that bag. Lurrrrrve it!

8 Sweet and Savvy September 2, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Thanks for sharing! I need a new, good concealer!

I am currently in LOVE with Bare Minerals foundation. It is amazing, enough said.
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Butterfly Blogging Award

9 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats September 2, 2011 at 4:31 pm

What a neat bag! I love, love love Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream. It functions as my sunscreen, foundation, and primer all in one. I’ve used it forever and it has yet to let me down!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Serenity Prayer

10 Rachel Wilkerson September 2, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Ummm I love everything Make-up Forever, including that concealer! Their foundation is the best too…so many colors!! Your girl at Sephora definitely made a good recommendation there.
Rachel Wilkerson recently posted..NSFW FTW: My Top 10 NSFW Posts

11 Brittany September 2, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I have the worst under eye circles and I’m actually out of practically everything make-up related. My powder & bronzer are broken into crumbs, my eyeliner is like 1 cm, and I have no concealer!

I love that bag. Thank you for posting this :)
Brittany recently posted..Nightmares and Almond Butter

12 Meg September 2, 2011 at 5:59 pm

YES, I use that exact same concealer (recommended to me at Sephora) and I LOVE it! Even though it’s a little pricey, a little goes a long way!
Meg recently posted..September Goals

13 Amanda September 2, 2011 at 7:07 pm

That bag is too cute….I want one!
Amanda recently posted..Busy Bee!

14 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 2, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I love this undereye concealer by Lancome: http://www.lancome-usa.com/Effacernes/025172,default,pd.html

it’s a small tube and quite pricey, but so worth it. It also lasts a long time. a tiny drop goes a long way ! i dont use use it under my eyes– i use it anywhere!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..It’s September, Which Means…

15 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 2, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I need new makeup! I think I’m going to go into Ulta or Sephora in a couple of days to find some new stuff!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday… numero treis

16 kathleen September 2, 2011 at 9:33 pm

lately i am LOVING bright colored skinny jeans! i just purchased green ones from anthropologie. they look a little ridiculous at first but, i promise, pair them with a neutral top and some pumps and you’re out the door!

17 colleen @ thegiftofmondays September 2, 2011 at 10:29 pm

my cousin told me about this mascara last year and it’s the BEST! it totally makes my eyelashes seem longer than they really are…love, love, love it!!!

maybelline, the falsies, volum’ express….try it, you’ll like it !!!
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..who told you that lie?

18 Khushboo September 3, 2011 at 12:41 am

Man oh man I NEED that 2nd item- sounds IDEAL!

19 Katie @ The Purposeful Woman September 3, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I LOVE Sephora!! Looks like a great concealer, will have to check it out :).

20 Kari Burghardt September 16, 2011 at 1:20 am

I saw that purple “travel” purse in Shape too! It’s perfect!!! :)
Kari Burghardt recently posted..*Fun at Trader Joe’s*