More Exciting News

by Courtney on September 2, 2011

Happy Friday, friends! How’s everyone doing this morning?

Well, I woke up feeling like I was on Cloud 9. I can most likely attribute it to all of the support that came pouring in from all of you yesterday, but I’m also feeling excited because a) I have more exciting news to share below, b) it’s Friday, and c) I have a very important wedding to attend this weekend.

Remember Sarah & Jeff? Well, tomorrow is their big day and I am beyond excited for them. I really love everything about weddings, but it’s even more special, obviously, when they’re for somebody so close to you. You can bet that Jay and I will be ready to bust a move out on that dance floor…but judging from last night’s dance charades in the living room, I’m not quite sure we’ll be ready to bust out any Party Rock Anthem choreography.

(I really should have set up a video of us. It was hilarious. And I broke a serious sweat while doing it, too! Extra exercise session for the day? Sure, why not?!)

*****

Breakfast

It was about time to break out a cereal combo this morning. I was having withdrawals.

Today’s delicious combo included:

On the side, I also sipped on a tasty mug of hot coffee.

But even though I had this coffee, don’t think I won’t go out later to celebrate Coffee Friday (<—my favorite dancing kitty picture) with some pumpkin deliciousness. Winking smile

A Little Exciting News

Remember last week when I posted this picture full of Halloween treats and told you to trust the fact that I wasn’t crazy or that excited for fall?

107___08

Well, the reason I was making all of those Halloween treats is because I am now a Recipe Contributor for Celebrations.com!

celebrations

Right now, I have five yummy Halloween treats up on the site, so feel free to check them out:

Spooky Graveyard Cake

Eerie Bloodshot Eyeball Cake Pops

Ghosts and Goblins Pudding Cups

Creepy Crawly Worms in Dirt

Banana Ghosts

There will also be some appetizer recipes of mine up shortly, so I’ll always be sure to let you know when there’s something new to check out!

*****

Word has it that I may be going to get my hair done today…boy oh boy, talk about lots of changes. Catch ya later, friends! Smile

Question for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Celebrate Halloween -OR- Valentine’s Day?
  • Spend your entire time at a wedding bustin’ out moves on the dance floor -OR- chatting with a few people quietly at your table?

1 Krissie J September 2, 2011 at 9:20 am

Celebrate Halloween, hands down. It’s Scott’s favorite holiday! And at any event if there is a dance floor to be danced upon, you can be sure I’ll be on it. ;)

Have fun at your friends’ wedding! The Halloween treats look adorable!
Krissie J recently posted..No Pants Thursday

2 Hannah September 2, 2011 at 9:22 am

um what’s a wedding without busting out some moves!!
and Halloween.. valentine’s day is such a hallmark holiday! i love my man everyday why do i have to specifically do it on this one day when everyone else is doing it!
Hannah recently posted..make over.

3 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 2, 2011 at 9:23 am

I tried Erewhon cereal for the first time this morning– Needless to say it was the bomb diggity ;)

4 Heather September 2, 2011 at 9:25 am

i am so excited you are working with Celebrations.com! : )

5 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie September 2, 2011 at 9:26 am

I love halloween goodies!! Congrats girl :)
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Flexitarian

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 2, 2011 at 9:28 am

Halloween is my husband’s favorite holiday but I’m not quite sure why anymore b/c we haven’t done anything for it in years!
I’d totally rather be on the dance floor, as long as I was allowed a few drinks beforehand ;)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Massage this…

7 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 2, 2011 at 9:31 am

Oh I strongly dislike Valentine’s Day, so I’ve got to go with Halloween!
And I’d much rather bust a move on the dance flo’ – even though I can’t dance to save my life. But that’s where the fun people are!

8 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 2, 2011 at 9:33 am

Team HALLOWEEN!! also, Team DANCING!! I am simply not the wallflower type.

9 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes September 2, 2011 at 9:38 am

Wow girl, you’re rockin’ out all the awesomeness lately! Can’t wait to check out your recipes!

I love Halloween, everything about it, decorating, dressing up in silly costumes, ghoulish parties LOL

As much as I like to talk, I’d much rather be dancing!
Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..A HUGE Month (Day 17)

10 Cait September 2, 2011 at 9:46 am

omg i love weddings :) hope you take video/pictures to capture some epic dancec moves ;) i love halloween and def hope to try some of your yummy recipes!

11 Marie September 2, 2011 at 9:50 am

Awesome! Those treats look so awesome and professional! I can’t wait to see your new do! I’ve been waiting since you last mentioned it. ;) I just got mine cut last night and went all dark to cover up some crazy highlights I got using a Groupon. I never thought I’d be so happy to see my natural hair color.

I definitely love Halloween more especially now that we have kids. ;) I definitely would rather dance but always end up sitting around. ;)

12 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 2, 2011 at 9:52 am

Yay for halloween and pumpkin awesomeness :). I’m sure your hair will look beautiful no matter what you do with it!

I would definitely rather celebrate halloween.
And totally bustin’ moves on the dance floor :D

13 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl September 2, 2011 at 9:57 am

Yay! I love your recipes and am always looking for fun Halloween ideas to try out on my coworkers :-). Look forward to reading more!

Okay, I admit, I’d rather celebrate Valentine’s Day…I’m such a hopeless romantic. It’s been a few years since I’ve shared it with someone, and I can’t wait until I get the chance to do it again :-) Plus, you can bake fun treats on Vday too. BUT, when I have kids, it will be Halloween for sure.

I’d probably rather burn up the dance floor at my wedding!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Healthified Cupcakes for my Intern

14 Khushboo September 2, 2011 at 9:59 am

Woah Congrats on becoming a recipe contributor! I love both occasions- anything that involves chocolate sounds good to me!
Khushboo recently posted..Brown paper bag: week 3

15 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 2, 2011 at 10:00 am

Halloween all the way. Oddly enough, it’s become one of my favorite holidays as I’ve grown older. I just love everything about it!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Blueberry Bottom

16 Ruthie Hart September 2, 2011 at 10:01 am

I will have to try your Halloween recipes! Halloween is our favorite holiday and I will be decorating next week!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..September Button Swap!

17 Melissa September 2, 2011 at 10:02 am

This made me smile. So happy for you, doll! Enjoy your success and the exciting things to look forward to! XO
Melissa recently posted..Controversy

18 Yolie @ Practising Wellness September 2, 2011 at 10:03 am

That’s so exciting, congratulations, Courtney! You must be over the moon! :-D So many good things happening to you right now, it is wonderful! <3 I would definitely rather spend my time busting moves on the dance floor, as long as it was with other people…and I would rather celebrate Valentines Day…we don't really do Halloween in England! :-) xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..save the best for last

19 sarah@spinach and spice September 2, 2011 at 10:10 am

Congrats! I love your halloween treats already, so I’ll vote for halloween over valentine’s day :D And I’m a dancer over a talker!
sarah@spinach and spice recently posted..Breakfast Flops and Cereal Swaps

20 Jess@atasteofconfidence September 2, 2011 at 10:12 am

Congrats! I’d rather celebrate V day and bust some moves:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Trip Recap: Black Hills & the Presidents

21 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection September 2, 2011 at 10:27 am

I honestly rarely celebrate either of those holidays!
Bust some moves–no doubt–that’s where all the fun happens!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..what’s new?

22 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer September 2, 2011 at 10:30 am

I love Halloween, and I love Halloween themed treats. I’m always looking for new ideas to bring to the parties. And, girl, I am ALWAYS on the dance floor. My husband is not a dancer at all, so sometimes I feel bad bailing on him, but he knows I just gotta move! :)
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Moe’s and Milkshakes

23 Sarah @ Simply Dove Simply Life September 2, 2011 at 10:35 am

Congrats on becoming a recipe contributor!! Exciting stuff! :)

I’d rather celebrate Halloween – Vday always turns out to be a drag! And I’d much rather be bustin’ a move out on the dance floor! Way more fun!! :)
Sarah @ Simply Dove Simply Life recently posted..Best of: August!

24 Mac September 2, 2011 at 10:40 am

Celebrate Halloween! My bf and I actually don’t celebrate Valentines Day, he’s not a fan and I never really cared too much, plus our anniversary is the day after which helps me feel not so left out :) Congrats on being a Recipe Contributor!
Mac recently posted..Final Study Day!

25 Kait September 2, 2011 at 10:41 am

I stumbled upon your blog today and have been looking at it for the last hour. I too am supposed to be studying, but I can’t seem to tear myself away. It’s such a fun blog! Before this summer, I spent hours on the dancefloor at weddings. But ever since Hubs and I got married two months ago, I enjoy sitting at the table catching up with the friends we hardly to get to see. We have the wedding season finale to attend tomorrow and I think I’ll be spending more time on the dance floor because it’s the last hoorah of the summer. Have fun at the wedding tomorrow night!

26 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill September 2, 2011 at 10:54 am

So exciting! I hope you have a great weekend!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Weight and Size Controversy

27 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! September 2, 2011 at 11:08 am

How fun! I love fun themed desserts/food, my favorite!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..The Chicken Pasta Post That Wasn’t

28 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 2, 2011 at 11:21 am

I’m SO excited for Halloween!! I squealed when seeing the grocery store starting to stock candy the other day. Michael thought I was crazy..but he has no idea how crazy I go over holidays. :P
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Ride here, ride there

29 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 2, 2011 at 11:47 am

Congratulations! Your little creations are so cute.

I’d rather celebrate Valentine’s Day. For whatever reason, I’ve never been a big Halloween person. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the fun costumes and candy. However, I’ll always take up the chance to get some flowers, chocolate, and have an excuse to go out for dinner! :)

I’d totally be bustin’ some moves! Weddings are always so fun.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Crock Pot Wonders

30 Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road September 2, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Congratulations Courtney! I would most definitely prefer to celebrate Halloween!! It is so much more fun than Valentines day!!
Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road recently posted..Flashback Friday

31 Brittany September 2, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Congrats on all the changes you are making. That is amazing!!!
I’d totally rather celebrate halloween and dance!
You can chat and have a romantic night any day!
Brittany recently posted..Nightmares and Almond Butter

32 Katie @ Plates and Paste September 2, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Halloween! Me and my guy don’t need a special day to celebrate one another :) Plus it’s more fun and also kind of couple holiday if you do couple costumes!

And bustin’ a move as long as the mood’s right. We’ve been to a few weddings this year and some were um kind of lame and others were so awesome and fun you just had to dance!
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Down to the Kor

33 Kathryn September 2, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I’ve got 2 kids, so Halloween! That way I have an excuse to dress up, lol. I’d also much rather sit at a table and talk with a few people…I’m not a good dancer.

34 Lindsay @ biking before bed September 2, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Give me Halloween anyway! It brings back the days of dress up! I’m so excited to be able to give out candy in my new neighborhood! I am more of the talking at the table type.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Back to school back to school to prove to Dad that I’m not a fool!

35 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 2, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Congrats on the new gig!

I’d rather celebrate Valentine’s Day & get my groove on! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Foil-Baked Tilapia

36 Kait @ One Love Run September 2, 2011 at 1:06 pm

totally would rather be out on the dance floor!

your halloween treats look so cute!
Kait @ One Love Run recently posted..Irene Knows How to Party

37 Nicole @ PancakesandPilates September 2, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Halloween! I love trick or treaters so much. I moved to Brooklyn Heights last Halloween and was amazed to see how the little monsters and princesses OWNED the streets! It was just like Hocus Pocus and it was ah-mazing :)

Valentine’s Day is nice, but I don’t need an excuse for chocolate or kisses.
Nicole @ PancakesandPilates recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Brownie Cupcakes

38 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life September 2, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I would pick Halloween! I love it so much! I love all the decor, pumpkins & costumes!

39 Ashley @ Healthy Heroine September 2, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Until it becomes socially acceptable to dress up in a crazy/fun costume for Valentine’s Day, I will continue to love Halloween above (almost) all other holidays. :P

Easy! Busting a movie always wins!
Ashley @ Healthy Heroine recently posted..This Healthy Heroine’s Must-Haves

40 carissa @fit2flex September 2, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Love the Halloween treats! You’re a blogging,cooking, fitness triple threat! Can’t wait to see what you come up with for Christmas!
carissa @fit2flex recently posted..Mexican Stuffed Peppers

41 Amy September 2, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I love Halloween its my favorite holiday. I love everything about it, dressing up, the kids, decorating, and most definitely anything pumpkin.
I can’t wait to see your hair Courtney, I bet moms going to do a killer job on it. September has been a month of new starts for you and I’m soo excited for you. Looking fwd to updates.

42 Amy September 2, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Oh, anyone know of a good gluten free pizza dough? I’ve got to make that pizza.

43 Hope September 2, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I love Halloween! It’s so fun getting dressed up and celebrating! Congrats on Celebrations.com! So cool! :)

44 maria@la_piattini September 2, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I’m so happy to hear so much good news coming your way! Those recipes are so cute and we’re thinking about having a Halloween party ( I mean, it is my fav holiday!) so the recipes will come in hand!
maria@la_piattini recently posted..Fusilli with Garlic Breadcrumbs

45 Ryan @ Aloha Appetite September 2, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Love your treats! I would definitely rather celebrate Halloween. My husband goes absolutely nuts for it. We’re like children in adult sized bodies. ;)

46 Tara Burner September 2, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Congrats on Celebration!!!

and hard choice ‘tween Halloween & Vday…dont like either…
walked into Miami Halloween 85 as 17 yr old, then got married on Halloween 86′ (divorced 3 yrs later) so not big on halloween anymore but neither am I on Valentine’s…danged it! lol

wedding…sit quietly
Tara Burner recently posted..Why Goals Can Hinder Your Progress

47 Lizzie September 2, 2011 at 10:10 pm

YUM! love cereal combos–no joke they are my #1 after school snack :)
Lizzie recently posted..first day of highschool!!!!!!!

48 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts September 4, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Congrats on your new gig!! I will DEFINITELY be making those banana ghosts!! Delish!!!!