More Exciting News

Happy Friday, friends! How’s everyone doing this morning?

Well, I woke up feeling like I was on Cloud 9. I can most likely attribute it to all of the support that came pouring in from all of you yesterday, but I’m also feeling excited because a) I have more exciting news to share below, b) it’s Friday, and c) I have a very important wedding to attend this weekend.

Remember Sarah & Jeff? Well, tomorrow is their big day and I am beyond excited for them. I really love everything about weddings, but it’s even more special, obviously, when they’re for somebody so close to you. You can bet that Jay and I will be ready to bust a move out on that dance floor…but judging from last night’s dance charades in the living room, I’m not quite sure we’ll be ready to bust out any Party Rock Anthem choreography.

(I really should have set up a video of us. It was hilarious. And I broke a serious sweat while doing it, too! Extra exercise session for the day? Sure, why not?!)

*****

Breakfast

It was about time to break out a cereal combo this morning. I was having withdrawals.

Today’s delicious combo included:

On the side, I also sipped on a tasty mug of hot coffee.

But even though I had this coffee, don’t think I won’t go out later to celebrate Coffee Friday (<—my favorite dancing kitty picture) with some pumpkin deliciousness. Winking smile

A Little Exciting News

Remember last week when I posted this picture full of Halloween treats and told you to trust the fact that I wasn’t crazy or that excited for fall?

107___08

Well, the reason I was making all of those Halloween treats is because I am now a Recipe Contributor for Celebrations.com!

celebrations

Right now, I have five yummy Halloween treats up on the site, so feel free to check them out:

Spooky Graveyard Cake

Eerie Bloodshot Eyeball Cake Pops

Ghosts and Goblins Pudding Cups

Creepy Crawly Worms in Dirt

Banana Ghosts

There will also be some appetizer recipes of mine up shortly, so I’ll always be sure to let you know when there’s something new to check out!

*****

Word has it that I may be going to get my hair done today…boy oh boy, talk about lots of changes. Catch ya later, friends! Smile

Question for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Celebrate Halloween -OR- Valentine’s Day?
  • Spend your entire time at a wedding bustin’ out moves on the dance floor -OR- chatting with a few people quietly at your table?

Comments

Celebrate Halloween, hands down. It’s Scott’s favorite holiday! And at any event if there is a dance floor to be danced upon, you can be sure I’ll be on it. 😉

Have fun at your friends’ wedding! The Halloween treats look adorable!
    Krissie J recently posted..No Pants Thursday

um what’s a wedding without busting out some moves!!
    and Halloween.. valentine’s day is such a hallmark holiday! i love my man everyday why do i have to specifically do it on this one day when everyone else is doing it!
    Hannah recently posted..make over.

omg i love weddings :) hope you take video/pictures to capture some epic dancec moves 😉 i love halloween and def hope to try some of your yummy recipes!

4. Marie says

Awesome! Those treats look so awesome and professional! I can’t wait to see your new do! I’ve been waiting since you last mentioned it. 😉 I just got mine cut last night and went all dark to cover up some crazy highlights I got using a Groupon. I never thought I’d be so happy to see my natural hair color.

I definitely love Halloween more especially now that we have kids. 😉 I definitely would rather dance but always end up sitting around. 😉

Yay! I love your recipes and am always looking for fun Halloween ideas to try out on my coworkers :-). Look forward to reading more!

Okay, I admit, I’d rather celebrate Valentine’s Day…I’m such a hopeless romantic. It’s been a few years since I’ve shared it with someone, and I can’t wait until I get the chance to do it again :-) Plus, you can bake fun treats on Vday too. BUT, when I have kids, it will be Halloween for sure.

I’d probably rather burn up the dance floor at my wedding!
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Healthified Cupcakes for my Intern

That’s so exciting, congratulations, Courtney! You must be over the moon! 😀 So many good things happening to you right now, it is wonderful! <3 I would definitely rather spend my time busting moves on the dance floor, as long as it was with other people…and I would rather celebrate Valentines Day…we don't really do Halloween in England! :-) xyx
    Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..save the best for last

Celebrate Halloween! My bf and I actually don’t celebrate Valentines Day, he’s not a fan and I never really cared too much, plus our anniversary is the day after which helps me feel not so left out :) Congrats on being a Recipe Contributor!
    Mac recently posted..Final Study Day!

I stumbled upon your blog today and have been looking at it for the last hour. I too am supposed to be studying, but I can’t seem to tear myself away. It’s such a fun blog! Before this summer, I spent hours on the dancefloor at weddings. But ever since Hubs and I got married two months ago, I enjoy sitting at the table catching up with the friends we hardly to get to see. We have the wedding season finale to attend tomorrow and I think I’ll be spending more time on the dance floor because it’s the last hoorah of the summer. Have fun at the wedding tomorrow night!

Congratulations! Your little creations are so cute.

I’d rather celebrate Valentine’s Day. For whatever reason, I’ve never been a big Halloween person. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the fun costumes and candy. However, I’ll always take up the chance to get some flowers, chocolate, and have an excuse to go out for dinner! :)

I’d totally be bustin’ some moves! Weddings are always so fun.
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Crock Pot Wonders

Halloween! Me and my guy don’t need a special day to celebrate one another :) Plus it’s more fun and also kind of couple holiday if you do couple costumes!

And bustin’ a move as long as the mood’s right. We’ve been to a few weddings this year and some were um kind of lame and others were so awesome and fun you just had to dance!
    Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Down to the Kor

11. Kathryn says

I’ve got 2 kids, so Halloween! That way I have an excuse to dress up, lol. I’d also much rather sit at a table and talk with a few people…I’m not a good dancer.

12. Amy says

I love Halloween its my favorite holiday. I love everything about it, dressing up, the kids, decorating, and most definitely anything pumpkin.
    I can’t wait to see your hair Courtney, I bet moms going to do a killer job on it. September has been a month of new starts for you and I’m soo excited for you. Looking fwd to updates.

Congrats on Celebration!!!

and hard choice ‘tween Halloween & Vday…dont like either…
    walked into Miami Halloween 85 as 17 yr old, then got married on Halloween 86’ (divorced 3 yrs later) so not big on halloween anymore but neither am I on Valentine’s…danged it! lol

wedding…sit quietly