Sarah and Jeff’s Rehearsal Dinner

Last night, Jay and I had the pleasure of attending Sarah and Jeff’s rehearsal dinner.

Even though we aren’t a part of the wedding party, Sarah and Jeff very generously invited a group of their closest friends to attend and enjoy the evening with the rest of the family.

Lucky for us, most of their closest friends are some of OUR closest friends, too. Smile

Like Andrea (above) and Brook (below).

And Brian (above) and Mal (below).

I also got some extra time to chat with our friend, Meg, who I don’t get to see nearly as often as I should. She’s getting married in December and I can’t wait for that!

Throughout the evening, I sipped on some Chardonnay, which was quite tasty.

And shortly after we spent some time chatting it up with friends, dinner was served. By the looks of this photo, you’d think I was feeding a small army…yikes.

Hey, girl can eat…and I ate it all, with the exception of most of the salad (haha) because I accidentally dumped boatloads of oil and vinegar on top and it was gross. But the rest of the food, a mix of Italian and other pasta dishes, was delicious.

Of course, so was the dessert. Jay and I shared this plate of chocolate cake and carrot cake. The carrot cake was easily my favorite, with all of its creamy, decadent cream cheese frosting. YUM. I may or may not have gone back for more of that one… Winking smile

After dinner was over and Sarah and Jeff gave some very heartfelt speeches, we finally got a little more time to see the bride-to-be. I still can’t believe she’s getting married today!

A group of us also may have busted out some Party Rock Anthem moves in the restaurant. All I’m sayin’ is, there’s at least six people that I know of who have been practicing. And that makes me super excited.

You guys also get a chance here to see the new hair! Unfortunately, most of the curl fell out (story of my life) but I did chop off some inches, put in some long layers and more of a front angle, and I got my color done (we mixed four different colors, including some reds).

Want to know the funny part? I actually got my color done exactly a year ago today, and just realized it this morning after reading this post. What are the odds?!?

I’ve got to go get some stuff ready so I’m actually on time for the big event today. Ohhhhh boy! Catch ya’ll later!

Questions for the Morning:

What color hair do you have? Is it your natural color, or do you dye it?

What color hair would you want to have if you could choose any?

Comments

I have chocolate-brown hair with a few (I’m talking like 4) peek-a-boo highlights that are caramel-colored. I wanted to play up some natural blond highlights I have.

I LOVE red hair a la Bryce Dallas Howard – smooth, sliky, straight. Not curly/kinky red hair a la Bozo :)
    Alysha @ She’s on the Run recently posted..Local Company I love

Looks like a great evening! :)

I have sort of darkish blonde hair that is my natural color. I have put a few highlights in it a couple of times, but aside from that, it is all mine. I really like my natural hair color, but I think it would be cool to have a natural stunningly strawberry blonde/red hair color!
    Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Butterfly Blogging Award

Your hair looks so pretty! Mine is naturally golden blonde, but I do have it colored right now to a dirty blonde color with some highlights. I actually dyed my hair darker for my wedding (nothing like doing something drastic right before your big day), and I just never felt like myself with that color. When I have lighter hair, I feel more “me”, if that makes sense. :)

My hair is a dark brown–it’s natural color. The only time I’ve died my hair is for a play I was in. It was died black to make me look more Jewish, lol. If I could have any color hair it would probably be red. Don’t know if I would actually look good with it, though. I just love red hair!
    Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Goddess Salad

My hair is my natural color right now–light brown, but I used to color it chocolate brown with blonde highlights for a couple years. It’s too expensive to maintain though!

Wow, that dinner spread looks amazing! I’m with ya–I’m not a fan of a lot of oil/vinegar on my salads either. I prefer regular dressing most of the time.
    Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Five Four Three Two One, Go!

Your hair looks so pretty!!! I’m loving the reds :). Right now my hair is kind of a dirty blonde- it’s my natural color. I hate it and would prefer to highlight it, but I can’t afford it right now. So, as soon as I get a job after grad school I will be highlighting my hair haha.
    Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Sleepy Time

Love the hair!

I have light brown hair with blonde highlights (light brown is my natural color). I prefer my hair lighter, but my husband likes it darker! I usually go a little darker during the winter months!

Have fun at the wedding & good luck with your dance moves! 😉
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Long Weekend

8. Abby says

FUN! I like your hair:-) I have blonde hair, which is highlighted that way…hehe. But naturally I am a strawberry blonde, just darker (and I always think it looks mousey). If I could have any hair, which was paid for to keep up, I would totally do red! I have porciline white skin, but the up keep of red hair makes me shy away from it! If I could get it professionally kept up every 4 weeks on my budget- I would totally be a hot natural looking red head! Haha

9. Alexa says

i LOVE your hair! that color looks so good on you. especially since fall’s coming!
    my hair is a dark brown and i’ve never dyed it. it’s really wavy, like a looser look of taylor swift’s hair. i like it, but i’m the opposite of you, i can’t get it to stay straight for anything! it always curls by my ear on the right side.

10. Amy says

Your hair looks great and I love the color on you. My hair is a dishwater blonde color with blonde hilites. I’ve always loved dark hair unfortunately mines falling out really bad right now and if it keeps up I guess I’ll get to try out wigs in all colors.

What i don’t realize is in reality how you’re no longer actually
    much more smartly-favored than you may be right now.

You are very intelligent. You understand therefore significantly in terms of this matter, made me in my view consider it from
    a lot of numerous angles. Its like men and women don’t seem to be interested except it’s one thing to
    accomplish with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs nice.
    All the time care for it up!
    Devin recently posted..Devin