Sarah and Jeff’s Rehearsal Dinner

by Courtney on September 3, 2011

Last night, Jay and I had the pleasure of attending Sarah and Jeff’s rehearsal dinner.

Even though we aren’t a part of the wedding party, Sarah and Jeff very generously invited a group of their closest friends to attend and enjoy the evening with the rest of the family.

Lucky for us, most of their closest friends are some of OUR closest friends, too. Smile

Like Andrea (above) and Brook (below).

And Brian (above) and Mal (below).

I also got some extra time to chat with our friend, Meg, who I don’t get to see nearly as often as I should. She’s getting married in December and I can’t wait for that!

Throughout the evening, I sipped on some Chardonnay, which was quite tasty.

And shortly after we spent some time chatting it up with friends, dinner was served. By the looks of this photo, you’d think I was feeding a small army…yikes.

Hey, girl can eat…and I ate it all, with the exception of most of the salad (haha) because I accidentally dumped boatloads of oil and vinegar on top and it was gross. But the rest of the food, a mix of Italian and other pasta dishes, was delicious.

Of course, so was the dessert. Jay and I shared this plate of chocolate cake and carrot cake. The carrot cake was easily my favorite, with all of its creamy, decadent cream cheese frosting. YUM. I may or may not have gone back for more of that one… Winking smile

After dinner was over and Sarah and Jeff gave some very heartfelt speeches, we finally got a little more time to see the bride-to-be. I still can’t believe she’s getting married today!

A group of us also may have busted out some Party Rock Anthem moves in the restaurant. All I’m sayin’ is, there’s at least six people that I know of who have been practicing. And that makes me super excited.

You guys also get a chance here to see the new hair! Unfortunately, most of the curl fell out (story of my life) but I did chop off some inches, put in some long layers and more of a front angle, and I got my color done (we mixed four different colors, including some reds).

Want to know the funny part? I actually got my color done exactly a year ago today, and just realized it this morning after reading this post. What are the odds?!?

I’ve got to go get some stuff ready so I’m actually on time for the big event today. Ohhhhh boy! Catch ya’ll later!

Questions for the Morning:

What color hair do you have? Is it your natural color, or do you dye it?

What color hair would you want to have if you could choose any?

1 Alysha @ She's on the Run September 3, 2011 at 9:49 am

I have chocolate-brown hair with a few (I’m talking like 4) peek-a-boo highlights that are caramel-colored. I wanted to play up some natural blond highlights I have.

I LOVE red hair a la Bryce Dallas Howard – smooth, sliky, straight. Not curly/kinky red hair a la Bozo :)
Alysha @ She’s on the Run recently posted..Local Company I love

2 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 3, 2011 at 9:49 am

haha I feel your curl pain, Courtney. Curls dont last in my hair for more than 5 minutes.. it’s pretty sad.

& I love the new color!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Body Clock Strikes Back

3 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine September 3, 2011 at 9:53 am

Looks like a blast! Curls never last in my hair either – I don’t even try anymore.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Vacation

4 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy September 3, 2011 at 9:54 am

Looks like a great evening! :)

I have sort of darkish blonde hair that is my natural color. I have put a few highlights in it a couple of times, but aside from that, it is all mine. I really like my natural hair color, but I think it would be cool to have a natural stunningly strawberry blonde/red hair color!
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Butterfly Blogging Award

5 Lindsey September 3, 2011 at 9:59 am

I like to keep my hair a darker brown, but it always fades out to a medium brown which is close to my natural color. Such a pain!
Lindsey recently posted..What is Healthy (Happy) Living?

6 Erin @ The Grass Skirt September 3, 2011 at 10:01 am

Your hair looks so pretty! Mine is naturally golden blonde, but I do have it colored right now to a dirty blonde color with some highlights. I actually dyed my hair darker for my wedding (nothing like doing something drastic right before your big day), and I just never felt like myself with that color. When I have lighter hair, I feel more “me”, if that makes sense. :)

7 katie Carso September 3, 2011 at 10:03 am

Love your hair! Looks very pretty!

Congrats to your friend today, I have two friends getting married today as well! Big Wedding Day i see!

Have a great day girl! xoxo
katie Carso recently posted..Popping { bubbly }

8 Khushboo September 3, 2011 at 10:08 am

Love the new hair, the color looks so fresh and alive! Have fun at the wedding today and trust you will be busting out some moves;)

9 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 3, 2011 at 10:17 am

My hair is a dark brown–it’s natural color. The only time I’ve died my hair is for a play I was in. It was died black to make me look more Jewish, lol. If I could have any color hair it would probably be red. Don’t know if I would actually look good with it, though. I just love red hair!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Goddess Salad

10 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" September 3, 2011 at 10:20 am

I have brown hair – but when I moved to NYC, I wanted a change, so I went blond. It was a fun switch. Love your hair :-)
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Healthified Cupcakes for my Intern

11 Liz @ Something To Chew Om September 3, 2011 at 10:22 am

I’m a blondie, but I dye it so I’m even more so. If I could have any hair…I’d get dark red…almost auburn….hair. I think it’s beautiful!

Loooove your new ‘do! :) enjoy the wedding!
Liz @ Something To Chew Om recently posted..Paul and Nicole

12 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign September 3, 2011 at 10:25 am

My hair is my natural color right now–light brown, but I used to color it chocolate brown with blonde highlights for a couple years. It’s too expensive to maintain though!

Wow, that dinner spread looks amazing! I’m with ya–I’m not a fan of a lot of oil/vinegar on my salads either. I prefer regular dressing most of the time.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Five Four Three Two One, Go!

13 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 3, 2011 at 10:51 am

Your hair looks so pretty!!! I’m loving the reds :). Right now my hair is kind of a dirty blonde- it’s my natural color. I hate it and would prefer to highlight it, but I can’t afford it right now. So, as soon as I get a job after grad school I will be highlighting my hair haha.
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Sleepy Time

14 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 3, 2011 at 10:59 am

Love the hair!

I have light brown hair with blonde highlights (light brown is my natural color). I prefer my hair lighter, but my husband likes it darker! I usually go a little darker during the winter months!

Have fun at the wedding & good luck with your dance moves! ;-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Long Weekend

15 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer September 3, 2011 at 11:09 am

I always have my hair blonde, blonde, blonde. My mother always tells me I’m getting too old to have platinum blonde hair, I’m only 28!!
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..My Chiropractic Tale

16 Aine @ Something to Chew Over September 3, 2011 at 11:17 am

Hope you have a great day at the wedding! :)

My hair is dark brown with reddish tones. I used to mess around with different colours but it’s so expensive to get it done professionally and I’m too lazy to do it myself!
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Chorizo and Leek Potato Bake

17 Abby September 3, 2011 at 11:25 am

FUN! I like your hair:-) I have blonde hair, which is highlighted that way…hehe. But naturally I am a strawberry blonde, just darker (and I always think it looks mousey). If I could have any hair, which was paid for to keep up, I would totally do red! I have porciline white skin, but the up keep of red hair makes me shy away from it! If I could get it professionally kept up every 4 weeks on my budget- I would totally be a hot natural looking red head! Haha

18 Efka September 3, 2011 at 11:29 am

I am lazy plus I hate hair coloring, so I am back to my natural color.

19 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas September 3, 2011 at 11:36 am

My hair is au natural and if I could I would dye it a dark dark brown!
I love your new ‘do! Carrot Cake is amy absolute favorite type of cake…well after ice cream that is!
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..My Little Pony

20 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews September 3, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I love carrot cake! That one looks awesome.

21 Mandee September 3, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Your hair color looks awesome! I love the reddish tone.

My hair is dark brown and always has been! I would look atrocious with blonde hair but I’d still want to experience being a blonde, just for a day!
Mandee recently posted..Cowgirl Cupcakes… Heeee Haw!

22 Lindsay @ biking before bed September 3, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I dye mine dark brown with reddish undertones. Yours looks so pretty!
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Fajita Fiesta!

23 Paige @ Running Around Normal September 3, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Sounds like so much fun! I love catching up with old friends – that’s what makes wedding so awesome (well, one of the things)

Courtney, where is your dress from? I love it!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Movie Watching Snacks

24 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats September 3, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Your hair looks great! My hair doesn’t hold curl well at all, either!

I’ve never died my hair, which is jet black, and I don’t think I ever will! I actually really like my natural color! :-)
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Early 8 Mile Run

25 Alexa September 3, 2011 at 2:19 pm

i LOVE your hair! that color looks so good on you. especially since fall’s coming!
my hair is a dark brown and i’ve never dyed it. it’s really wavy, like a looser look of taylor swift’s hair. i like it, but i’m the opposite of you, i can’t get it to stay straight for anything! it always curls by my ear on the right side.

26 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 3, 2011 at 2:28 pm

My hair is a a blondish/reddish/brownish color. It kind of changes in different lights and with the seasons (lighter in the summer when I’m in the sun). I’ve never dyed it..and I don’t really plan to anytime soon!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..No Excuses

27 Melody September 3, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I have strawberry blonde-ish hair right now. My natural hair is dirty blonde with blonde highlights but after dying it red last year, it’s always stayed a little red.
Melody recently posted..Valentine’s Oats

28 Amy September 3, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Your hair looks great and I love the color on you. My hair is a dishwater blonde color with blonde hilites. I’ve always loved dark hair unfortunately mines falling out really bad right now and if it keeps up I guess I’ll get to try out wigs in all colors.

29 Shayla @ The Good Life September 4, 2011 at 1:18 pm

You look gorgeous and love the color! I have naturally brown hair and used to have blonde highlights, now I like so much better being a brunette and rocking my natural color. However you’re inspiring me to put some red tones in my hair ;)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Happy September!…And New Goals

30 Devin April 27, 2013 at 12:04 am

What i don’t realize is in reality how you’re no longer actually
much more smartly-favored than you may be right now.

You are very intelligent. You understand therefore significantly in terms of this matter, made me in my view consider it from
a lot of numerous angles. Its like men and women don’t seem to be interested except it’s one thing to
accomplish with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs nice.
All the time care for it up!
Devin recently posted..Devin