Sarah & Jeff Get Married…And We Dance

From beginning to end, Sarah and Jeff’s wedding was absolutely amazing.

The day started off with a beautiful outdoor ceremony that went off without a hitch. Any threats of rain or storms were nowhere to be found, and the sun began to shine just as things got underway.

Sarah looked absolutely stunning as she walked down the aisle (not that I was surprised).

The ceremony was short and intimate, and could not have gone better…well, as long as you don’t count the motor boat with the kids tubing attached to the back at the beginning of the ceremony. Yikes.

But luckily, the rude boaters’ attendance was short-lived, everything went on smoothly,

and before we knew it, Sarah & Jeff were officially husband and wife!

Once the ceremony was over, everyone was invited to enjoy the al fresco cocktail hour.

Fun Fact: The flower in Sarah’s hair was her something borrowed…and it was actually the same flower that I wore in my hair at my wedding.

I was so honored to have her wearing it on her special day. Smile

Jay and I spent the hour mingling with friends and family, snacking on some hors d’oeuvres, and enjoying a little vino.

No pictures of my plate were taken, but there were some snacks, including an amazing baked brie, that were thoroughly enjoyed by this gal.

Some Party Rock moves were also practiced…

Jay and I also made sure to sign (or should I say, “thumbprint and sign”) Sarah and Jeff’s signature tree. I’m telling you, our friend Christina is just so talented.

Not only did she create this tree for the bride and groom, but she also helped out with the programs, place cards, and a few other beautiful details throughout the evening.

Once the cocktail was over, everyone was invited inside to get the rest of the party started.

The ceremony and reception were both held at the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake. It was not only an absolutely beautiful location, but the food was delicious as well.

We started out with some family-style Caesar salad and fresh rolls. I’m not usually one to choose Caesar salads, but this one was great and I was totally loving the croutons.

For my entrée, I ordered the eggplant parmesan (I think…I couldn’t remember for the life of me!) which was amazing.

In place of a traditional wedding cake, Sarah and Jeff had an assortment of cupcakes on display. I ended up having half of a carrot cake and half of a vanilla, and both of them were equally scrumptious.

The evening continued on with more dancing, and as the evening went on, the dance floor went from looking like this…

To this…

To this.

Before we knew it, it was time for the wedding to come to a close.

Luckily, that didn’t mean the evening had to end, and many of the guests continued celebrating into the after party, which included an assortment of sliders, chips and salsa, chicken wings, and mini sandwiches.

I, however, did not take any pictures after that one you see above, so I am sad to say that I have no after party pictures. Super bummer.

BUT…I do have something you might enjoy. Winking smile

Party Rock Moves at Sarah & Jeff’s Wedding!

That right there would be a small video of our Party Rock Anthem moves. It’s a little blurry (sorry), but I am proud to say that there were at least 10 of us that I know, who spent at least two evenings practicing, dripping in sweat, and working our butts off. Judging by our performance, you probably wouldn’t realize it, but we still had a blast doing it just the same. You’re allowed to laugh at us. Winking smile

Overall, Sarah and Jeff’s wedding was just perfect. I am so happy for them and still can’t believe that they are actually married.

Congratulations you two! We love you!! Open-mouthed smile

1. kayleigh says

That looks like it was such a beautiful wedding, and I love how you two wore the flower on each of your wedding days. Also, your shoes are amazing!

what an awesome awesome looking wedding!! :)

they’re so lucky to have a friend take so many awesome photos from the day! i definitely didn’t get any photos at our wedding & i am so so happy that some of our friends did so i can see some pictures while we’re waiting for the photographer to finish the professional ones!
    sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..change of plans

• Courtney says

The suits were actually a really light tan, but I can see where they’d come across as looking somewhat white in the photos :)

3. EG Gal says

Ok, so I’m new to your blog and am already obsessed. But I have a way of remembering faces and the bride looks like your maid of honor, was she? Just curious because I was surprised you weren’t in the wedding.

• Courtney says

Yup, you’re right!
      Sarah’s bridal party was all family, and there were never any hard feelings about it. It didn’t matter to me whether I was in the wedding or not…I was just happy to be there celebrating with her! :)

4. Sherri says

You guys look awesome in the vid! I MUST get my brother to play this at his wedding in November and recruit some cousins to learn the dance with me. Hopefully my floor-length bridesmaid gown doesn’t get in the way!

Yay, I love weddings! I think once you’re married, you appreciate them even more because you realize all of the work that goes into planning everything!

It looks like everything turned out beautifully & I absolutely LOVE the thumbprint “guestbook”!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Puppy Playtime

Courtney, I have been silently lurking for a few years on your blog, and first of all just want to say, your blog is one of my absolute favorites, and I truly look forward to reading it every day. Also, you looked absolutely gorgeous at the wedding! I am a huge fan of your dress! The party rock moves were awesome. :)
    Laura@mypurposefullife recently posted..What I’m Loving Right Now

this post makes me happy and sad at the same time! I am engaged and had a wedding date of October 2012, but with recent events we have to post-pone the wedding :(

Nothing with me and fiance but financial issues, so i LOVE weddings, i LOVE looking at wedding pictures, but it makes me think of mine. haha.

It looks like you had a great time and the bride is beautiful!! what a beautiful ceremony. ♥

8. Heather says

Haha – I also looked at that dress recently!! You wouldn’t happen to know where Sarah got her beautiful veil though would you?

9. Andrea says

Looks like you guys had a great time at the wedding, the venu was gorg! One of my best friends in the world was there and said it was just a beautiful day

• Courtney says

Haha, it IS a small world! She told me that she had a friend who reads…and here you are!
      Thanks so much for reading and spreading the word! :)