Coffee Delay

by Courtney on September 5, 2011

I don’t know about all of you guys, but I was absolutely exhausted going to bed last night. Talk about a busy weekend!

I didn’t set an alarm, assuming that Jay would just wake me up whenever we was getting up like he usually does. If I don’t set an alarm or get him to wake me up, it’s very possible I’ll just sleep the entire morning away and I hate when that happens!

Well, Jay decided to let me sleep in a little bit (I did need it) and he didn’t come back to wake me up until about a half hour ago…with my cuddle buddy in tow.

Once I was up, I came back out spent some time playing with the little guy. We were gone a lot this weekend, so I’m sure he enjoyed every minute of peace and quiet missed us.

I was hopeful that by my sleeping in, that meant that I would wake up to some breakfast and fresh coffee waiting for me, but no such luck. I was told that Jay attempted to make some coffee, but noticed that our pot is actually cracked.

Yikes. I have no idea when that happened??

Lucky for me, he decided to run out to the store to get a new one (he’s the best) so I’m impatiently waiting for his return and snacking on some breakfast.

It’s warm and sticky in the house right now, so something cool was definitely in order. Today’s cereal combo included Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Kashi Heart to Heart, Kashi Go Lean Crunch, blueberries, and almond milk.

Oooo boy, I just heard Jay pull back into the driveway. The coffee delay is overrrr!

**Happy Labor Day, everyone! I hope you’re enjoying your day, no matter how you may be spending it. I’m not totally sure what my day has in store for me, but I’m really thinking I may spend some time doing this. I’m ready! Winking smile

Questions for the Morning:

How late do you usually sleep in on weekends (or holidays)?

Do you wake up naturally or do you use an alarm?

1 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 5, 2011 at 10:27 am

This weekend was the first weekend since starting my new job, and I have to say it was easier for me to get up at a decent time (for me, around 9am) than I thought! I think when my body is in a routine and I’m not sleep deprived during the week, I can wake up naturally without an alarm. Usually, though, I need an alarm cause I have been known to sleep 12 hours straight!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Saturday Date Night

2 Khushboo September 5, 2011 at 10:30 am

As much as I try to sleep in, my eyes always naturally open by 8 latest..however if I went out the night before, I fall back asleep till 10 ish..anything more and I feel like “I’m sleeping my life away” haha!
Khushboo recently posted..Knowledge without college

3 katie Carso September 5, 2011 at 10:30 am

Yikes, good thing you saw the crack, I used to have glass pots , but when we got a new coffee maker we went with the steel pot, so no cracking or breaking!

Hope you have a great day girl! xoxo
katie Carso recently posted..Nega-no

4 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 5, 2011 at 10:35 am

On weekends and/or holidays, I usually will sleep no later than 7:30. Today, I woke up at 6:45 exactly, which is when my alarm usually goes off. My body must be right on its normal schedule!

During the week, I use an alarm, but on the weekends/holidays I usually naturally wake up unless there’s a lot I need to get done.

5 Karla September 5, 2011 at 10:40 am

I have no idea what I’d do if I noticed my coffee pot was broken and had to wait for a new one. Me without coffee can be a scary sight! Enjoy a day off =)

6 Tara Burner September 5, 2011 at 11:07 am

I don’t own an alarm and my body automatically gets up no later than 530
even when I go to bed at 330
i’m up by 530 at latest
normally (and lately) it’s been more like 430-5 and out door running few mins later
Tara Burner recently posted..Lucy Activewear Review

7 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 5, 2011 at 11:29 am

If my coffee pot was cracked, i’d be temped to tea bag it. (use a tea strainer with grounds in it. Pour boiling water over top.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..The Out Of Place White Girl.

8 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun September 5, 2011 at 11:47 am

I can never sleep in past 7 am…and even that is lucky for me. I would love to be able to sleep until like 9 or 10 someday.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..I’m Actually Not Laboring On Labor Day

9 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 5, 2011 at 11:49 am

Sadly, my body is crazy so on weekends it doesn’t let me sleep in any later than 6:00 AM. I know, I know– it’s a sad sad story
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Oat Infestation

10 Jordan September 5, 2011 at 11:52 am

oh noooo! a lack of coffee in the morning is the worst way to wake up! glad your man came to the rescue :) i generally set an alarm clock, but my body has just kind of gotten used to waking up sometime before 7 since i’ve done it for so long. happy labor day!
Jordan recently posted..Random Thoughts

11 Claire September 5, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I have those plates on your “doing this” link! I’m pretty much obsessed with fall, too! I think I am going to get some candles today, maybe a few decorations and just browse around with my Mom! I think I need to get a few things to spice up the boyfriends apartment, too ;-) Come on…everyone likes fall!
Claire recently posted..My Kind of Weather

12 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas September 5, 2011 at 12:14 pm

My body is like clockwork – always waking up around 6-7:30 AM! I am a natural early bird :)
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Are you Happy?

13 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 5, 2011 at 12:15 pm

If I don’t set an alarm, the latest I can sleep in is 8 or 8:30. After that, there’s really no chance of me falling back asleep.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Sunday

14 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 5, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Oh Cody…he’s so cute :). I only set an alarm when I have to get up at a certain time, which is usually every day that I have class. Glad you’re getting your coffee! I am lost without my morning cup of joe
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Why I Chose OT

15 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 5, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I can relate to the coffee pot issue. I somehow managed to crack our coffee pot at work a couple of weeks ago. I also managed to get coffee all down the front of my work clothes. And then I got to sit in them for the rest of the day.

Never a dull moment with this girl around! ;)

Happy Labor Day, Courtney!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Our new favorite chili!

16 Brandy @ Let's Grab a Coffee September 5, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I love it when I naturally wake up early. Lately that has not been the case though…if I get a chance to sleep with no alarm I sleep way past what my teacher body is used to!

I’m surprised it’s so sticky there! It is freezing here in PA. I am snuggled up with hot cocoa and wearing sweats. It definitely feels like it’s time for fall to me. :)
Brandy @ Let’s Grab a Coffee recently posted..Lighten Up Buttercup

17 debbie (accidently delish) September 5, 2011 at 1:41 pm

i can NEVER sleep in. my body won’t let me. 5:30am. everyday. i am up.
hate it, but don’t mind at the same time?

so sorry about your coffee pot! my french press cracked the other day, but thank goodness i had just received my Keurig maker!

hope you had a great holiday ♥

18 Jackie @ That Deep Breath September 5, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Wow huge bummer that the glass cracked!! Luckily you have another on the way :) I can’t imagine my morning without coffee! On the weekends I usually let myself wake up on my own (unless I have something going on that day) and that’s usually around 9am. Weekdays I always use an alarm and I wake up around 7, sometimes 6.
Jackie @ That Deep Breath recently posted..Better Breakfast Month & New Oatmeal Recipe

19 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill September 5, 2011 at 2:22 pm

My body naturally wakes me up, but I always set an alarm…just in case!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Beer-Drenched Bar Top

20 Amanda September 5, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I love lazy mornings! During this 3 day weekend, I’ve slept till 9 two mornings. It’s been SO nice! Enjoy your Labor Day! I’m being lazy on Labor Day! ;)
Amanda recently posted..Quotable Sunday

21 Lizzie September 5, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I always want to sleep late when i know i have school in the morning, but on the weekends i can never sleep in!! it’s terrible :(
love your cereal bowl combo–you’ve got some of my favorite cereals in there!!
Lizzie recently posted..Mint Chocolate Cupcakes + Giveaway Winners!

22 Lindsay@bikingbeforebed September 5, 2011 at 3:14 pm

My internal alarm clock is such a curse on the weekend. It doesn’t matter how late I am up the night before… I am awake between 6 and 7. This morning I forced myself to sleep in until around 8. I feel so much more alert than usual!
Lindsay@bikingbeforebed recently posted..Summer Meets Fall: Pumpkin Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

23 Amy September 5, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I naturally wake up between 6 and 6:45 everyday. I wish I could sleep later though.

24 Katie @ The Purposeful Woman September 5, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Wedding weekends are the best!! I definitely set an alarm–I’m the same way, I LOVE the morning (coffee, cool weather, peaceful feel), so I hate missing out on them, but sometimes you just gotta catch up!! Sounds like you deserved it!!!

25 Brittany September 5, 2011 at 5:08 pm

That happened to my coffee pot too! I had to run out the night before when we were about to prep coffee for the morning and buy a new one.
I usually set an alarm if I have to get up but I try to sleep a little more on the weekends. Problem is, my body just wakes me up latest usually 8:30. Still better than 5am on the weekdays!

26 Sweet and Savvy September 5, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I’m a grandma at heart… my natural body clock always wakes me up before 730 am no matter what!
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Girls Hate Their Bodies

27 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 5, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I actually slept until 7 this morning, which is unheard of for me! It felt so good to stay in bed! I’ve kind of become dependent upon coffee again.. Whoops – although I don’t mind it!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..staying full on a vegetarian diet

28 Rebecca September 5, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Broken coffee pots are a sad day :( Glad Jay went out and got you a new one! I’m probably strange, but on days off I still wake up at 5am. It’s an unbreakable habit.
Rebecca recently posted..Oooo it’s Friday

29 Katie @ Plates and Paste September 5, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I usually wake up by 10 am on weekends…it’s usually enough time to sleep in and still feel like you didn’t waste the whole morning. During the week I need an alarm clck, otherwise I’d definitely sleep forever and be late for work!
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Coasting Through Coaster Making

30 kristen September 5, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I have a personal alarm clock, he’s name is Andrew (my 6 year old) haha
kristen recently posted..New Theme: Selecta

31 e @thisnotedlife September 6, 2011 at 12:56 pm

sounds like you had a good weekend! I definitely need an alarm or i would honestly sleep ALL morning. On Saturdays my husband and I do not set the alarm but Sunday mornings we have to make sure we do it in order to wake up for church on time hehe