Coffee Delay

I don’t know about all of you guys, but I was absolutely exhausted going to bed last night. Talk about a busy weekend!

I didn’t set an alarm, assuming that Jay would just wake me up whenever we was getting up like he usually does. If I don’t set an alarm or get him to wake me up, it’s very possible I’ll just sleep the entire morning away and I hate when that happens!

Well, Jay decided to let me sleep in a little bit (I did need it) and he didn’t come back to wake me up until about a half hour ago…with my cuddle buddy in tow.

Once I was up, I came back out spent some time playing with the little guy. We were gone a lot this weekend, so I’m sure he enjoyed every minute of peace and quiet missed us.

I was hopeful that by my sleeping in, that meant that I would wake up to some breakfast and fresh coffee waiting for me, but no such luck. I was told that Jay attempted to make some coffee, but noticed that our pot is actually cracked.

Yikes. I have no idea when that happened??

Lucky for me, he decided to run out to the store to get a new one (he’s the best) so I’m impatiently waiting for his return and snacking on some breakfast.

It’s warm and sticky in the house right now, so something cool was definitely in order. Today’s cereal combo included Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Kashi Heart to Heart, Kashi Go Lean Crunch, blueberries, and almond milk.

Oooo boy, I just heard Jay pull back into the driveway. The coffee delay is overrrr!

**Happy Labor Day, everyone! I hope you’re enjoying your day, no matter how you may be spending it. I’m not totally sure what my day has in store for me, but I’m really thinking I may spend some time doing this. I’m ready! Winking smile

Questions for the Morning:

How late do you usually sleep in on weekends (or holidays)?

Do you wake up naturally or do you use an alarm?

Comments

This weekend was the first weekend since starting my new job, and I have to say it was easier for me to get up at a decent time (for me, around 9am) than I thought! I think when my body is in a routine and I’m not sleep deprived during the week, I can wake up naturally without an alarm. Usually, though, I need an alarm cause I have been known to sleep 12 hours straight!
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Saturday Date Night

Yikes, good thing you saw the crack, I used to have glass pots , but when we got a new coffee maker we went with the steel pot, so no cracking or breaking!

Hope you have a great day girl! xoxo
    katie Carso recently posted..Nega-no

On weekends and/or holidays, I usually will sleep no later than 7:30. Today, I woke up at 6:45 exactly, which is when my alarm usually goes off. My body must be right on its normal schedule!

During the week, I use an alarm, but on the weekends/holidays I usually naturally wake up unless there’s a lot I need to get done.

I have no idea what I’d do if I noticed my coffee pot was broken and had to wait for a new one. Me without coffee can be a scary sight! Enjoy a day off =)

oh noooo! a lack of coffee in the morning is the worst way to wake up! glad your man came to the rescue :) i generally set an alarm clock, but my body has just kind of gotten used to waking up sometime before 7 since i’ve done it for so long. happy labor day!
    Jordan recently posted..Random Thoughts

I have those plates on your “doing this” link! I’m pretty much obsessed with fall, too! I think I am going to get some candles today, maybe a few decorations and just browse around with my Mom! I think I need to get a few things to spice up the boyfriends apartment, too ;-) Come on…everyone likes fall!
    Claire recently posted..My Kind of Weather

I can relate to the coffee pot issue. I somehow managed to crack our coffee pot at work a couple of weeks ago. I also managed to get coffee all down the front of my work clothes. And then I got to sit in them for the rest of the day.

Never a dull moment with this girl around! ;)

Happy Labor Day, Courtney!
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Our new favorite chili!

I love it when I naturally wake up early. Lately that has not been the case though…if I get a chance to sleep with no alarm I sleep way past what my teacher body is used to!

I’m surprised it’s so sticky there! It is freezing here in PA. I am snuggled up with hot cocoa and wearing sweats. It definitely feels like it’s time for fall to me. :)
    Brandy @ Let’s Grab a Coffee recently posted..Lighten Up Buttercup

i can NEVER sleep in. my body won’t let me. 5:30am. everyday. i am up.
    hate it, but don’t mind at the same time?

so sorry about your coffee pot! my french press cracked the other day, but thank goodness i had just received my Keurig maker!

hope you had a great holiday ♥

Wedding weekends are the best!! I definitely set an alarm–I’m the same way, I LOVE the morning (coffee, cool weather, peaceful feel), so I hate missing out on them, but sometimes you just gotta catch up!! Sounds like you deserved it!!!

That happened to my coffee pot too! I had to run out the night before when we were about to prep coffee for the morning and buy a new one.
    I usually set an alarm if I have to get up but I try to sleep a little more on the weekends. Problem is, my body just wakes me up latest usually 8:30. Still better than 5am on the weekdays!

sounds like you had a good weekend! I definitely need an alarm or i would honestly sleep ALL morning. On Saturdays my husband and I do not set the alarm but Sunday mornings we have to make sure we do it in order to wake up for church on time hehe

Trackbacks