Good News and Bad News

The good news is that I slept a whole lot better last night than I did two nights ago.

The bad news is that, what I initially thought was just an onset of allergies, is now a crappy cold.

I’ve got my arsenal of goods for right now and am hoping I can stay on top of this bad boy. I’m a total baby very impatient when it comes to colds, so the quicker I can get rid of this thing, the better!

But hey…there are certainly worse things in life, right? Whining has now officially commenced, SO…let’s move along, shall we?

Last Night’s Dinner

Jay and I always have such a good time with our friends Joe and Kate. We’ve all had some crazy busy schedules this summer, and finding weekends to get together has been tough. Luckily, fall is right around the corner…which means football season…which means that we’ll most likely be seeing a lot more of them.

We all love our “Football Sundays,” whether they’re at home, tailgating at West Point, or taking a trip down to a Jets vs. Dolphins game.

So needless to say, even though there was no football involved, last night’s QT with them was great…and so was the food!

On the menu: BBQ Pulled Chicken, corn on the cob, sweet potato fries (not pictured), corn bread, orzo salad (courtesy of Kate) and zucchini chips.

In addition to the plate above, I also went back for seconds of orzo salad and thirds (maybe fourths, who’s counting?) of corn bread.

I’m telling you, I really shouldn’t even be allowed to make the stuff. I cannot be controlled. Especially when there’s homemade honey butter involved. It’s just soooo good.

The zucchini chips were also pretty tasty, which I made loosely from a recipe I found in one of my Hungry Girl cookbooks.

All in all, despite a runny nose, it was a great evening had by all five of us…

Yes, Cody had to be in on the action, too. Smile

Alright, I think it’s time to go find something for breakfast…hmm, what to have??

Questions for the Morning:

• Be sick with a runny nose –OR- a sore throat?
  • Spend your Sunday afternoon watching nothing but football –OR- reruns of The Jersey Shore?
  • Receive good news first –OR- bad news first?

I hope you feel better soon! I”m battling some wicked allergy issues myself right now, knock on wood that’s all it is so far.

I’d rather have a sore throat – at least I can drink tea/honey all day. If your nose is runny all day, then it’s going to be sore and chapped on top of being runny, and then look like Rudolph! No thanks!

I’d rather watch football all day every day then Jersey shore ever!

Give me the bad news first, it’ll make the good seem even better!
    Samantha @ Because I Can recently posted..Ch Ch Ch Changes…

2. Emily says

Love, Love, Love your blog and can’t wait to read your new posts. Curious if you make the corn bread from scratch or if you have a particular brand you usually buy? Also, did you make the homemade honey butter? Would love to know how you made that. Looking forward to making the pulled chicken this weekend. Thanks, you rock!!

Feel better Court!!
    I want those zucchini chips- can’t wait to check out the recipe. & guess what I’m making with dinner tonight?! Corn bread…oh yes. Hopefully I don’t eat half of the pan…ha! We need to seriously start up cornbread lovers anon 😉 We can be the first 2 members.
    1. Runny nose. Sore throat is the worst. ugh!
    2. Football ALL day..FOR sure 😀
    3. Bad news first
    Holly recently posted..How Do You Take Your Coffee?

I personally am of the opinion that you should be eating more zucchini chips for breakfast. But that’s just me.

I hate a sore throat, so I’d rather have my nose run marathons than sound like a DJ is scratch-attacking my throat when I talk (remix?)

When music comes on, my fists naturally and beyond my control, lift in the air and pump until it is silenced. So Jersey Shore, it is.

ALWAYS bad news first. It’s just the silliest to choose good news first, letting your spirits be lifted then thrown to the ground. I like to be kicked to that ground, then have the puffy cloud of good news lift me.
    Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..How to Not Get a Date with Me (alternative title: Creeps at Bubs)

Feel better soon!! have you ever tried a netting pot to help with stuffy/runny nose? they are what I call interesting..haha.
    1. sore throat for sure
    2 Football- I like jersey shore but I feel just a little dumber after each episode..ha!
    3. Bad news
    Candice recently posted..Labor Day

6. Helen says

Aww Im sorry you have a cold! Hope that you feel better!!! I think I would rather have a runny nose because even though its annoying, it doesn’t hurt like a sore throat. I think that I would rather watch Jersey shore on a Sunday for the simple fact that Saturday nights are sacred as football nights. I always want the bad news first because when its followed by good news, it makes it a little easier.

7. Arimey says

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well – get better soon!!

1. Having a stuffy nose is the worst! I’d definitely rather have a sore throat.
    2. Nothing but football – I love this time of year! I can’t wait to spend Sundays cuddled up on the couch with the snow outside watching a great game with the hubby.
    3. Bad news first. I’d rather just know.

A sore throat is so obnoxious! It’s like “I feel bad, it hurts when I swallow, but if you look at me you can’t tell I’m sick.”
    I’d rather watch football all day than watch the Jersey Shore…but I don’t really enjoy either.
    Bad news first! It’s better to end on a happy note :)

Having a cold is the worst, especially when it involves losing taste- nothing sucks more than not being able to taste….however that doesn’t stop me from eating haha! Hope you’re back to normal soon!
    Khushboo recently posted..5 things

I hope you feel better soon!

I would rather have a runny nose. I don’t like jersey shore so definitely give me some football! I’d rather hear good news first because at least I am be happy for a few seconds if you tell me bad news first when I hear the good news I’ll still be thinking about the bad.

feel better.
    we are both in recovery/dealing with pain/illness.
    i would rather watch football.– jersey shore has begun to really annoy me.. more than ever!
    rather deal with sore throat.
    mm i guess good news first.
    Hannah recently posted..recovery

Umm, those zucchini chips (and everything else) look amazing. Just found the recipe and printed, I will be trying this ASAP. And that corn bread…my mouth is watering!

– Runny nose anyday. Sore throats are the worst!
    – Football over Jersey Shore for sure!
    – I’ll take bad news first. The good news will cheer me up. :)
    Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts recently posted..Rain Out and Random Stuff

Feel better soon! I have my first cold of the fall season as well :( as a music/voice teacher I would prefer a stuffy nose over a soar throat any day. Enjoy the extra rest, extra liquids and extra vitamin C!
    Anna@ActiveFingers recently posted..Growing Up