Monumental Moments

by Courtney on September 8, 2011

You know those monumental moments in your life; the ones you spend so much time thinking about, knowing (or hoping) that they’ll inevitably happen, but until they actually do, they almost seem unreal? Kind of like a figment of your imagination.

That’s similar to how I used to feel about graduating from college and getting a real job.

It’s definitely similar to how I felt before I got married.

It’s how I feel now, when I think about things like my future career, my future home, or my future children.

Well, today one of those moments happened…sort of. Only it wasn’t necessarily about me; it was about my best friend, Heather.

My best friend since kindergarten. The one I used to have sleepovers with, climb monkey bars with, sing karaoke with in her basement, and play Barbie dolls with (only she was Skipper, and I was Courtney).

Yes, my best friend…who now has…a baby.

The same best friend who, 10 years ago, swore she was never having kids and was just going to be an awesome aunt to the kids that I would someday have. Boy, how things change, right? Winking smile

Everyone, meet Logan!

Logan arrived into the world this past Tuesday, almost a month early, weighing in at 6 pounds, 2 ounces. He’s a healthy, little cutie pie, who I could not WAIT to get my hands on. Having to hold off yesterday with being sick was a killer…but it was totally worth it.

Does he not look like a little porcelain doll or what?

For at least the first 15 minutes that I had him, he was more awake and alert than I’ve ever seen a newborn. Just watching him constantly scan the room, wondering what in the world he must have been thinking, was enough to keep me occupied for hours. Days, even.

He is absolutely beautiful little baby boy, and I couldn’t be happier for my bestie and her husband, Mike. Congratulations (again) Mom, Dad, and baby Logan! Smile

*****

Well, let me tell ya.

By the time I left the hospital, I was having some serious cravings for one thing and one thing only…

What? You didn’t think I was talking about babies, did you? Oh, no no. Don’t worry, Jay (or mom). Someday that’ll be me, but not quite yet.

Besides…if that was the case, then I wouldn’t have been able to get nearly as much enjoyment out of my afternoon Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks. First one of the season, baby! Smile

(Non-fat, no whip, 3 pumps.) *FYI: A grande typically has 4 pumps of syrup; if you want to make it lighter, ask for less. I tried three pumps today and it was plenty. I may have to see what two tastes like next time.

Time to go get my study on…and my mind off of babies! Disappointed smile

Question for the Afternoon:

What monumental moments in your life had you imagined forever that have recently came true?

1 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life September 8, 2011 at 3:12 pm

He is such a cutie pie! Congrats to Heather and her family!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A bit of Fall Baking

2 Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count September 8, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Aw! I love little baby toenails and fingernails…they are SO itty bitty. He is precious!

3 Shanna, Like Banana September 8, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I’m pretty sure the arrival of our little boy will trump any other moment I’ve ever had!

Baby Logan is adorable! You’re lookin’ like a pro holding him :)

4 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 8, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Getting married was for sure a monumental moment. Sometimes I still can’t believe I’m married to my incredible husband!

5 Ally September 8, 2011 at 3:26 pm

He is darling!

I’m definitely in need of a Starbucks trip to get my first PSL. Definitely a good idea to get it with less sweetener, I do it with every other drink, don’t know why I haven’t tried it with the PSL! Although we’re still at 104 degrees (in Arizona) so I’m not sure I could handle a hot drink now, haha.

6 Shayla @ The Good Life September 8, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Omg that baby boy is sooo precious…his little lips are to die for :)

Definitely graduating college and getting married. It was always one of those things that I forever imagined and couldn’t believe the day it was actually happening. Next one will be when I see that lil + sign since we’re trying to get pregnant, that day will be so surreal :)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..A New Relationship…

7 Paige September 8, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I get two pumps of pumpkin spice at Sbux and it is still plenty, fyi! I usually just do a misto with two pumps though because it’s cheaper than their $4 lattes.

8 Erica September 8, 2011 at 3:34 pm

cute!!!
my friend just gave birth on monday and the baby was named logan too!!!

9 Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road September 8, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Awww he is so precious!! I haven’t imagined it forever although it got to a point where it felt like it :) but my hubs & I tied the know back in July!
Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road recently posted..Soup, Soup Ba Doup

10 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer September 8, 2011 at 3:49 pm

My heart just melts when I see a little baby! I know that a baby will be in my future, but I’m just not ready. My Mom has been nagging me for a while though.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..The Search is On

11 Sweet and Savvy September 8, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Logan is so precious!!
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..WIAW and my Salad Search

12 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled September 8, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Awww…I love babies! Logan is so sweet! I can’t wait to have my own and am hearing that biological clock ticking loudly in my head.

I got married in April to the man of my dreams and it was more than I ever could have expected it to be. It was a perfect day and feeling so connected to my husband every day is an incredible feeling. Truly the best day of my life so far.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Street Running Safety

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm

That is a seriously cute baby!!

14 Katie September 8, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Congratulations Aunt Courtney! :-)

My BFF (also since Kindergarten!) just had a little girl in July. Aren’t we still supposed to be gallivanting around town up to no good?!?

I <3 when OTHER PEOPLE have babies :-)

15 Kathryn @ Flopoodle September 8, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Aww congrats “auntie”! That must have been such a trip to hold your best friend’s baby! My friend got married last summer and she was the first one to do so out of our high school group, so that was kind of a monumental moment.
Kathryn @ Flopoodle recently posted..Mental vs. Physical Energy

16 Mandee @ Mandeelicious September 8, 2011 at 4:20 pm

ahhh! i love when newborns are all swaddled up!!! adorable!

i get an americano with just one pump of pumpkin (grande)… i feel like the syrup is so sweet that even one pump has a huge amt of pumpkin taste! i like the main flavor to be the coffee/espresso, not the syrup that is in there. if i’m doing an after dinner coffee/dessert, i looooove the latte with one pump and then just a tiny bit of whipped cream… it really tastes like pumpkin pie!
Mandee @ Mandeelicious recently posted..Cowgirl Cupcakes… Heeee Haw!

17 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) September 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm

What a beautiful baby!

18 Andie B @AndieRuns September 8, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I know everyone says this, but Logan is seriously the cutest little newborn! I just showed my boyfriend your pics – he wasn’t quite as impressed as I was, but I attribute that to football fever. Love your blog and so happy to read you’re feeling better. :)
Andie B @AndieRuns recently posted..Pleasant Sunday afternoon

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 8, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Aww how sweet!!! All of my friends are having babies right now, but I know I’m just not ready yet. I want to enjoy more time with my hubby first! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A childhood questionnaire.

20 Ruthie Hart September 8, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Logan is so perfect! That is so ironic because one of my best friends and bridesmaids had a baby boy named Logan in December and he is an absolute sweetheart. It makes me so happy and excited knowing I will get to experience motherhood someday soon!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Labor Day at the lake!

21 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 8, 2011 at 4:47 pm

OMG her baby is so adorable!! My cousin is pregnant right now and I can’t wait for the little one to be born :). I’ll live vicariously through other parents now though…don’t want any babies of my own quite yet. I think an engagement needs to happen first (::cough:: bf ::cough::).
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Walk it Out

22 Yolie @ Practising Wellness September 8, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Aaah, Logan is so gorgeous! :-D What a beautiful baby boy! It’s so amazing when one of your friends becomes a mother, isn’t it? A wonderful, wonderful thing – and so incredbile to witness when you’ve know them since they were a kid! <3 Three cheers for pumpkin spice lattes…the first of many, i'm sure, lol! ;-) xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..living with healthy hunger

23 Jess@atasteofconfidence September 8, 2011 at 4:52 pm

He is adorable! Congratulations to your friend!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Our Trip: Absolute Nothingness and Stanley, Idaho

24 Sarah September 8, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Just wondering if you saw the post for Pumpkin Spice Lattes on Chocolate covered Katie?

25 Sherri September 8, 2011 at 5:16 pm

My best friend is 20 weeks pregnant and it is so surreal hearing her talk about her pregnancy and seeing baby bump photos (she lives in Alberta, Canada and I’m in Greenwich, Connecticut). I’m so thrilled for her but it’s so crazy to think that we’re REALLY at THAT age of having babies! Even thought I have an 8 year old stepson, I still can’t imagine growing a baby myself! haha

PS: You have the most amazing skin. Gorgeous.

26 Ari @ Ari's Menu September 8, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Logan is precious!! I do my grandes with 2 ps and 2 sf caramel. I know sugar free stuff isn’t the BEST for you, but it keeps it sweet and delicious without all the full sugar pumps :O)
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..I love Fajita Wednesday!

27 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries September 8, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Definitely getting into my dietetic internship.. I never thought it was EVER going to happen
Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries recently posted..WIAW!!!

28 Lauren September 8, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Awww, this is monumental and so sweet! Congrats to your friend.

29 Emily September 8, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Aww Baby Logan is beauitful; this was such a sweet post! I get really excited for the major milestones in my friend’s lives, too. So far my happiest day has been my cousins asking me to be their daughter’s godmother…6 years later and I still smile thinking of holding her for the first time :)

30 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 8, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Aw..precious. Congrats to you and your friend!! I second one of the above comments, you do have really gorgeous skin!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..My Birthday Wishlist

31 Courtney September 8, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Thank you! :)

32 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun September 8, 2011 at 9:15 pm

He is PRECIOUS!!!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Quick And Effective

33 Khushboo September 9, 2011 at 12:34 am

Watching my sister get married was emotional for me so i can only imagine what ill be like when my time comes!
Khushboo recently posted..Brown paper bag: week 4

34 Claire September 9, 2011 at 11:07 am

Courtney! You need to try ordering this sometime!
* Coffee misto (nonfat milk) OR Americano with nonfat steamer
* 2 pumps of pumpkin spice
* nutmeg and cinnamon on top

IT’S SO GOOD!
Claire recently posted..Dirty Words

35 Courtney September 9, 2011 at 11:51 am

Claire! This is awesome…THANK YOU!! :)

36 Marykate Sinnott September 9, 2011 at 12:45 pm

can’t wait to have one of those all my own ;)
Marykate Sinnott recently posted..Afternoon Delight

37 Laura @ Unchartered 20s September 12, 2011 at 12:16 pm

He is adorable!! Congrats to the happy family!
Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Autumn