Fashion Friday: Rue La La

by Courtney on September 9, 2011

Happy Fashion Friday, friends!

Today’s Topic: Rue La La

I know I’ve already shared with you all my love for online shopping. I swear, it is a hobby all on its own. Well, while I was in Philadelphia for the Healthy Living Summit last month, I ended up having a conversation with Julie about one of her favorite online shopping sites, Rue La La.

source

I had heard of it before, since she refers to it quite a bit and loves it, but never really took the time to check it out…until recently.

According to the website, Rue La La is an exclusive, invitation-only online destination where Members discover premier-brand, private sale Boutiques, that are each open for a short amount of time. Membership is totally free, but as they say, it is invitation only.

Think you might be interested in becoming a member? You can join by clicking here!

One of the things that I am already loving about the site is that it is not just clothes.

clothes

In fact, they have boutiques that showcase clothing and accessories, items for the home,

home

and travel deals, too.

travel

Plus, let’s not forget the “Everything You Need for a Wine Party” boutique that’s currently open. I mean, that has my name written allll over it.

wine

Up until now, most of the sites I had previously checked out like this one only offered clothing and accessories, so I really like how Rue La La offers just a little bit more. I currently have my eye on a couple of items in a few of the boutiques, so we’ll see what happens…

But if you’re a fan of great deals, Premier-brands, and online shopping like I am, then definitely feel free to check it out. Happy Shopping! Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

What are your favorites things to purchase online?

1 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) September 9, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I use the site Beyond the Rack (beyondtherack.com) here in Canada and I love it!

2 Lindsey September 9, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Makeup from Sephora, there is one about 90 mins away but sometimes getting there isn’t possible so I just order online :)
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

3 Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters September 9, 2011 at 5:41 pm

the referral link, hmm
Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters recently posted..“Brothels, Bites and Booze” San Diego Tour

4 julie @ pbfingers September 9, 2011 at 6:10 pm

best site everrr!
julie @ pbfingers recently posted..National Whole Grains Month

5 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 9, 2011 at 7:10 pm

TOTALLY The Limited! Clothes! <3 clothes!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Sunset love… and…. BOLD BLOGGING!

6 Amy September 9, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Oh boy do I love online shopping. I love to buy makeup and clothes. I love buckle.com for clothes they have the best jeans and tops and boots too.

7 Kait @ One Love Run September 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Rue La La = love!
Kait @ One Love Run recently posted..Blackout x 2

8 Sarah September 9, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I love online “window” shopping. I am not that comfy with online clothes buying. I’m always so tense about how it will fit. You know that dress you bought for Christmas that will come in 6 weeks and you hope you’ll still be a size 5? That intimidates me. But i love getting ideas! Mostly i get books, accesories, home items and supplements ( give me a I-H-E-R-B!) Yeah, i know, not cool. Maybe one of these days i’ll try it. You never know if you like something till you try it. I hate that saying!

9 Lauren September 9, 2011 at 9:14 pm

LOVE Ru La La! The prices are great and definitely good quality.
Lauren recently posted..A Post! My Favorite TJ’s Products and 2 New Recipes

10 Sweet and Savvy September 9, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I LOVE ruelala! My favorite things to buy online are dresses and food! Dresses always seem to be so much cheaper online. Same goes with food. I also don’t have a lot of health food stores near me (most exotic grocery store is Kroger’s), so online shopping is a must.

11 dena b September 9, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Hi Courtney! just wanted to say hello..

12 Sana September 9, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I have heard really good things about the site, but I never really checked it out!
Sana recently posted..Ryan’s Guest Post: Food Science

13 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 9, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I signed up months ago with Rue La La (via Julie’s invite), but have yet to browse or purchase anything. Maybe I’ll check it out this weekend :)!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Why I Like Fall

14 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers September 10, 2011 at 2:08 pm

get on it emily!!! :o) but seriously, it’s an addiction, so beware! :)
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..An Unexpected Running Buddy

15 colleen @ thegiftofmondays September 9, 2011 at 11:17 pm

i love amazon.com and love when i can find things on there other than just books. i’ve also done a couple of ebay transactions lately. i can see how people get addicted to those auctions!!!
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..it’s going to be a great day

16 Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies September 9, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Honestly, I really like to buy deals from Groupon. Not typically restaurant deals, but salon deals like waxings, facials, massages. Those are things that I love doing but never want to justify spending my very meager income on, so when I see a Groupon or LivingSocial deal, I generally jump on it. It gives me a good reason to go get pampered, I get to visit a new salon, and I can “review” (to myself) the places I go so I can frequent them in the future if I thought they did a good job. It’s a win-win-win!
Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies recently posted..Red Lentil Dal from HH review plus BANANA BREAD!

17 Khushboo September 10, 2011 at 12:58 am

I love online shopping…although it’s damaging to my bank account ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..Brown paper bag: week 4

18 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries September 10, 2011 at 10:42 am

I love shopping online for wardrobe staples– the basics that will match everything!
Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries recently posted..Poor girl’s dinner

19 Traci September 10, 2011 at 10:50 am

Rue La La is great! Also, check out ideeli.com. They’re great too! I’m obsessed.

20 Katie @ The Purposeful Woman September 11, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I haven’t ordered anything from rue la la, but it’s a cool concept and I’d love to give it a try soon!!
Katie @ The Purposeful Woman recently posted..A Mother’s Love

21 Lindsey @ Stink and Hincks September 11, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I LOOOOVE Rue La La! They have some amazing deals. I just bought a dress from BCBG with their Final Sale Part 1 for $30…Hope you enjoy wasting your paycheck like I do :)