Crafty Chalkboard Paint Ideas

Over the years, I’ve gone through a lot of phases when it comes to being crafty. Sometimes, I can’t get enough of it; sometimes, I want nothing to do it. I have quite a few friends who are very crafty, and they always seem to be coming up with something cute and savvy, which makes me wish I did it more.

Sigh.

So recently, I’ve actually started trying to think up some fun DIY projects to do in the house that would a) be quick and easy, and b) cheap. Then, the other day, I found these…chalkboard paint ideas!

I know this is nothing new, and many of you have maybe even used it, but I mean really, how cute are these!? Especially for the teachers out there…there’s so many possibilities.

And better yet, all you need is chalkboard paint and a brush (or even easier go for the spray paint).

You can definitely use these as starter ideas, but from what I can tell, all you have to do is start with a nice clean surface. If you’re doing placemats, just make sure they’re vinyl and you’re good to go. I think these would be so fun not only for little kiddos, but also for big kiddos (like me) who might be able to use them in some photos here on the ‘ol blog, too.

I think that as soon as I get my act together, I might start off with these cute terracotta planters.

Seriously, I love them! I’ve been wanting to grow some herbs of my own for a while now, but…umm…tend to be a little lazy. I’m hoping that if I actually take the time to beautify some planters like these, then I’ll be more motivated to actually grow (and take care of) the herbs. This morning I’m headed quick to the Farmers Market, so hopefully I’ll be able to find some (if they’re even still around at this time of year??)

You can easily purchase the chalkboard paint anywhere – I initially stumbled upon these ideas on Factory Direct Craft but you can always check your local art stores or your other favorite online retailers in the craft supplies section!

Gotta run…I’ll be back a little later with a little morning recap. Smile

Questions for the Morning:

Do you consider yourself “crafty?”

Have you ever tried (or would you ever try) using chalkboard paint?

Comments

I love crafts! But with my patience levels sometimes I am not the best at them. Pinterest has made me excited for winter so I can stay inside and test my craft skills more ;) haha
    I haven’t used chalkboard paint but the ideas look too cute not to try now!
    Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

I would definitely not consider myself crafty… I wish I was, but I’ve tried numerous times, and it’s just not happenin’. I’ll scrapbook, and I can COPY other people’s projects (kind of), but creating my own stuff is just not my thing. Good luck on your outing this morning! Those herb pots are adorable!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trail Mix Cookies

I love crafting but often find myself with a lack of patience for it. I wish I enjoyed it more–crafting is great for gifts and home decor.

I love the idea of chalkboard paint–one of my friends painted her fridge with it and can now write all over it! Coolest thing ever.

I can be crafty when I want to be, but I don’t really apply myself to crafts like I did when I was younger. I should, because crafts are really fun! I can totally see myself buying chalkboard paint, and then having a black wall in my living room a few hours later…

I wish I was more crafty than I am!! I can be when I put a lot of time and effort into it, it just doesn’t come naturally and easy to me like it does to some people.

And being left handed I feel that I should be! I somehow missed out on the left-handed creative gene ;)
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Stop Trying To Be…

I used to have an obsession with chalkboard paint! Once I went to my friends house and saw that she had painted one of her walls completely with chalkboard paint and let her friends sign it and color on it. I was in love, I HAD to have it. Sadly, my mom wouldn’t let me paint one of my walls black (I’ll thank her later) but I always loved drawing on chalkboards :)
    Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Through the Years: Sophomore Struggles

That looks SO fun! I’ve always wished I was crafty, but I’m kind of visual art inept. I stick to theatre to get out my creative juices. But this would be super fun to do regardless of how it came out looking–I still definitely enjoy the process :O)
    Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Penny Rae Vintage

I have two VERY crafty sisters… I did not inherit that gene. I do however LOVE the potted plants idea and what harm could I do with a paintbrush???!!!??? Actually my sister painted an ENTIRE wall in her son’s bedroom with the chalkboard paint, and another wall with the dry erase marker paint (I am sure it has an actual name) and her son LOVES it, he gets to draw all over his walls. Too fun!

i like to think im crafty, i sure do try! i’ve made a few home made cards that turned out decent, i actually just saw a chalkboard idea i wanted to do as well! it’s so cute!

i tried to grow my own herbs and failed miserably!! they died very quickly. but i also live in 115 degree weather. might have had something to do with it ;) that or i just kill things. haha.
    debbie (accidently delish) recently posted..By: Tori (Fresh Fruition)

I love chalkboard paint! I did one of my walls with it in a house I lived it, its great to keep track of things, make lists…and friends love to draw on it. At least mine did.

I consider myself crafty when I feel like it. I go through phases of it as well.

I’m the same, I have TONS of cute craft ideas I want to try and I used to be SO crafty when I was younger but now it’s finding the motivation to do these craft ideas lately. Love those herb pots!
    You’ve just inspired me to do something crafty today :)

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.
    Doris recently posted..Doris

Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum
    it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your
    blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything.
    Do you have any helpful hints for beginner blog writers?
    I’d definitely appreciate it.
    Madeline recently posted..Madeline