Saturday Highlights

by Courtney on September 10, 2011

Hey everyone! How’s your Saturday been?

Although mine has been fairly low-key compared to last Saturday, I’ve still totally been enjoying what’s turned out to be a lovely day. Some of the highlights…

An early morning trip to the Farmers Market

Which was certainly hustlin’ and bustlin’ with tons of people.

A cup of my favorite iced coffee ever, to tote with me while walking the market.

Some new finds from the market: tomato and pesto flavored pasta + a new peanut butter.

For the locals out there, this may or may not be old news to you now, but The Peanut Principle makes their own nut butters…and A LOT of ‘em, too! After sampling just about each and every one of them this morning, I finally decided on “Raisin the Roof” – cinnamon raisin peanut butter. Yes, please!

Trying out the new 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme Total Body video.

I really enjoyed this workout! I’m looking forward to trying the more targeted videos (upper, lower, core) but I’m bummed that my On Demand channel isn’t yet offering the cardio kickboxing and/or the yoga videos. Hopefully soon?

Leftovers for lunch…just as delicious the second time around.

Trashy TV – I got totally sucked into a Keeping Up with the Kardashians marathon of sorts on E! while doing some studying this afternoon.

And finally, an awesome package that came in the mail…

Do you guys remember last Fashion Friday when I featured the Urbandillo Classic Hobo? Well this afternoon I received a package from the amazingly generous Amanda, from The Nutritionist Reviews.

She wrote me a letter saying how she had seen my feature on the bag, had just received it from the company, and thought that I might enjoy it. Amanda, I still cannot get over this incredibly considerate gesture. Thank you SO MUCH! Smile

The purse is the most beautiful shade of purple, has tons of little compartments and pockets, and is absolutely HUGE. I feel like I could probably fit about three Codys in there.

I love it!

Now, I’m off to go relax for the evening on the couch with what will most likely be some more trashy TV and maybe a dish of this. Sounds perfect to me. Smile

Question for the Evening:

What are your Saturday highlights?

1 Janae Jacobs September 10, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Now I am craving that PB!! Oh girl, the Kardashians suck me in every time it is on….I can’t help it! Purple purse=awesome!
Janae Jacobs recently posted..Top 10

2 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 10, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Yum, that peanut butter sounds great! My Saturday has been really low key. I did a circuit workout this morning, some reading for my classes this afternoon, and now I’m being lazy and watching tv :). I love it. And that is so awesome that Amanda sent you that purse! What an incredibly nice thing to do!!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..New Circuit Workout

3 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews September 10, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Glad you got the purse : )
Also, I had that same exact pasta for dinner tonight! It’s really good.
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Online Poker Websites

4 Courtney September 10, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Amanda!! You are incredible…I really cannot thank you enough!

So you’ve had the pasta before?? Any tips on how I should prepare it? :)

5 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews September 11, 2011 at 7:08 am

I just boiled it and made a homemade pasta sauce with canned tomato sauce, fresh tomatoes, squash, and zucchini. Then I baked some feta on top. It was awesome.
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Zhena’s Gypsy Tea Review

6 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 10, 2011 at 8:15 pm

That bag is adorable! I have a LongChamp bag almost that shade of purple, but a little darker. Love it!

My Saturday was just eh. Knee has been bothering me, and the new shoes that seem to be helping it are hurting my feet. I’ll stop complaining on your blog though :)
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Staying Accountable on the Weekend

7 Anita September 10, 2011 at 8:29 pm

What a great color!! That sounds like an ideal Saturday right about now :)
Anita recently posted..Thrift Store Finds (or) A Sneak Peek

8 Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies September 10, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I love Farmer’s Markets! You always find crazy awesome stuff there… I also LOVE that purple purse! So pretty!
Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies recently posted..Red Lentil Dal from HH review plus BANANA BREAD!

9 Lauren September 10, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Wow, what a fantastic Saturday you had!
Lauren recently posted..The Sun Came Out and Dried Up All The Rain

10 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 10, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Wow! How sweet of Amanda. I had seen that bag in Shape but wasn’t too sure about it; it looks MUCH cuter in your picture!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Turkey Quinoa Skillet Dinner

11 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 10, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Sounds like a great Saturday to me! Some new peanut butter and a beautiful, FREE bag on my doorstep sounds pretty fabulous to me. ;) We had a family reunion today that was a fun time with family we don’t see very often and some good eats!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Family Reunion + Easy Dinner

12 Sweet and Savvy September 10, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Kardashian calling happens to all of us lacking a Y chromosome… :)

LOVE that bag!!
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Glad you finally made it, weekend!

13 Amanda September 10, 2011 at 9:23 pm

My Saturday has been very low-key…including going for a run, grocery shopping for delicious food, and doing a mini-makeover to my blog!

What a nice gift of that bag! I love it! :)
Amanda recently posted..No sunshine without some rain…

14 Kathryn @ Flopoodle September 10, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Aww that’s so nice that you got the bag! Gorgeous color!

That tomato and pesto pasta looks great, too.
Kathryn @ Flopoodle recently posted..Grillin And Chillin

15 Khushboo September 10, 2011 at 10:49 pm

How thoughtful of Amanda! My Saturday involved a fab workout followed by half a day at work, hanging out with friends, having the most delicious salad @CPK and then watching Friends With Benefits- loved it! I haven’t enjoyed a movie like that in so long!
Khushboo recently posted..Best salad ever!

16 Courtney September 10, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Awww, I loved that movie! It definitely sounds like you had a great day! :)

17 Heather September 10, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I LOVE farmer’s market finds! This week I found smoke salmon bruschetta and jalapeno hummus. :) Your pb find sounds so good!
Heather recently posted..The Obesity Solution?

18 colleen laquay urbaniuk @ thegiftofmondays September 10, 2011 at 11:49 pm

three things…

first, my saturday was awesome! (thanks for asking!). my 13 yr old son ran in a cross country invitational today at Western Carolina University and placed 2nd!! (last year he placed 4th there and took about a minute off of his time this year!) so yeah, pretty super exciting saturday!!!

second, lose 10 pounds program?? you DON’T need to lose 10 of anything! you look perfect!!!

and third…oh. my. gosh. i. love. that. bag!!! purple and black are my fave colors and the bigger the better with the bag. how sweet of amanda to send it to you. looks like your saturday was super sweet as well!!!
colleen laquay urbaniuk @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..it’s going to be a great day

19 Courtney September 11, 2011 at 8:38 am

Thank you, Colleen!
But I’m not doing to workout to lose 10lbs. – I just like trying out new things :)

20 Molly September 10, 2011 at 11:51 pm

cinnamon raisin PB?! that’s amazing.
Molly recently posted..I’m kind of obsessed…

21 Kait @ One Love Run September 11, 2011 at 2:22 am

finding fun new products at farmers’ markets is always a treat!

My Saturday highlights were a great outdoor yoga class and spending the evening a fun new wine bar!
Kait @ One Love Run recently posted..Yoga Splash

22 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 11, 2011 at 5:39 am

Keeping Up with the Kardashians is dangerous– All I have to do is turn it on for one second and I can’t look away! Kind of like Teen Mom….

My Saturday highlight= I got a little puppy on a whim last night!!! :D
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Young & Naive

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 11, 2011 at 9:01 am

Highlights of Saturday included taking hubby’s gma out for her birthday, and then watching lots of college football while eating the buffalo chicken sandwiches I made. :) The downside was that our hot water tank has a leak. Annndd now we have cold water. :P

But let’s focus on the fun football watching, shall we?! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Chicago Street Show

24 Samantha September 11, 2011 at 9:44 am

Wow, that was so sweet, that purse is beautiful!!

I made $50 on a yard sale! Then I went out to dinner with a girlfriend for what will most likely be our last al fresco ocean side dinner of the year (it was a bit chilly!). There was a great cover band making all of the songs they played unique – lots of fun!
Samantha recently posted..The Invevitable Burnout

25 Tara Burner September 11, 2011 at 11:22 am

Love the purse
my saturday consisted of early 5 a.m. run
then off to the dirt race track where it ended up pouring/storming, races canceled and I played in rain in my PlanetShoes.com rubber purple rain boots!
Went out to dinner w/friends
Came home and worked from midnight-2 a.m.
now I want p.b. so I”m outta here :)
Tara Burner recently posted..Be yourself! are you? who are you?

26 Amanda September 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm

ohhh let me know how that workout video works out / if you like it! I would love to try something like that!! xo and that purse is TDF! LOVE IT!
Amanda recently posted..My Camera Died

27 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers September 11, 2011 at 4:15 pm

My Sunday highlight would be seeing a picture of you attempting to put three Codys (or other cats) in there. Laughing mentally just picturing it….

Poor bag cats.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Salutation Nation 2011: Durham, NC

28 Lizzie September 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Love the purse!!
and keeping up with the kardashians.. :)
Lizzie recently posted..Monkey see, monkey do!

29 Chelsea September 11, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I got the Banana flavor last week at the market, it is deliciousss and almost gone!

30 Heather September 11, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Amanda is with me in Gettysburg!!! She saw our photobooth photo on my netbook (it’s my background at the moment) which started an epic convo in the limo about how awesome you are :) xoxox
Heather recently posted..Clinton Kitten

31 Courtney September 12, 2011 at 7:29 am

She is amazing! You are amazing! And I’m super jealous of your rendezvous in Gettysburg. ;)