Ready to Bake

This morning I woke up ready to bake. I wanted something warm, fresh, and homemade for my breakfast today, and after doing a quick scan of my fruit basket and fridge, I knew exactly what to make.

While it baked, I cozied up on the couch with Cody and a mug of coffee while watching a mix of ESPN (I know, right?) and various 9/11 tributes.

I cannot believe that it’s been 10 years since that incredibly horrific day took place. I can still remember, sitting in my high school Economics class, having another teacher come in and whisper something to my teacher, and then turning on the television to watch the following events unfold.

We all just sat in silence, dumbfounded by what was happening right before our eyes. The day was just surreal, and my heart breaks for everyone that was effected, no matter how big or small, from the events of that day.

*****

So about halfway through my mug of coffee, hubby woke up and came out to join me at about the same time that the timer went off for the delicious breakfast that awaited me…

A loaf of Banana Raisin Pumpkin Bread…mmm mmmmm. Smile

I, of course, could not wait to let it cool so the bottom piece that you see there was actually totally crumbled into pieces. I did a pretty good job of hiding the evidence though, by topping it off with some of the cinnamon raisin peanut butter that I picked up yesterday.

Oh em gee…talk about a delicious way to start off my Sunday. This loaf was slightly more banana and less pumpkin (I used 3 bananas instead of 2 and only 1 cup of pumpkin) but still just as delicious as usual.

Let’s just hope I can keep my grubby hands off of it for most of the day. Who me?

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite Sunday breakfast?

Comments

What a cozy start to yourday! I love the idea of pancakes as a Sunday morning breakfast but every Sunday, I either want oatmeal or yogurt messes..I like my brekkie outta bowls :D! I just wrote down your pyramid treadmill run for tomorrow morning- I am pumped!
    Khushboo recently posted..Best salad ever!

Yum! What a great way to start off such a tragic day….I had a red, white and blue breakfast in honor. :D I was in kindergarten and I just remember lots of freaked out people, my parents picking me up early, and not telling me what happened right away. Can’t believe it’s been 10 years!
    Lauren recently posted..Favorites in Twos

Looks really good! I’ve been seeing Banana Pumpkin Bread pop up a lot lately and I want to try it- I’m just waiting for Libby’s to show up in my grocery store!
    I really enjoy pancakes or overnight oats on Sunday mornings. I went with something light today, a quick bowl of cereal, because we have a Christening this afternoon where I know I’ll be doing lots of eating!
    Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Fruit Shopping

I am not a baker so you will not see my Sunday morning breakfast with a new baked item on my table … I am actually a very simple breakfast kind of gal … I know, I know … kind of boring … but really, a bowl of cereal, grapes and muenster cheese, a bagel, and the occasional egg … pretty much summarize the array of my breakfast menu items.
    J @ … semplicemente j … recently posted..… no posts … no followers …

• Courtney says

Oh girl, I have been ALL OVER the DD’s pumpkin coffee!
      Oddly enough though, I don’t enjoy it iced…pumpkin coffee has got to be nice and warm for me :)

OH my Lord, I wish I had read this post before I made breakfast because I’m pretty sure I would have played copy cat! There’s always tomorrow (and the rest of the fall season!)

By the way — I’m thinking of adding nuts or chocolate chips to my pumpkin breads? Too overpowering? I really want the pumpkin/banana to be the star.

Keep being amazing, Courtney!
    Casey @ oatsandnanners recently posted..A Tribute.

• says

Thanks Casey!
      I’m not a fan of nuts in any of my bake goods so I can’t help ya out there…but I’ve tried the chocolate chips and they’re great! Maybe try with 3/4 cup too start so it’s not to overpowering? :)

I watched lots of 9/11 tributes today as well. It always meant so much but feels so much closer to home now that I’m here. Today, I went to the neighborhood fire station to pay tribute to the firefighters from this very station that lost their lives that day – 9 of them. It definitely felt real at that moment.

My favorite Sunday breakfast is pancakes with different fillings like chocolate chips and sprinkles :-)
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Everyone Loves a Good Comeback

Trackbacks