Ready to Bake

by Courtney on September 11, 2011

This morning I woke up ready to bake. I wanted something warm, fresh, and homemade for my breakfast today, and after doing a quick scan of my fruit basket and fridge, I knew exactly what to make.

While it baked, I cozied up on the couch with Cody and a mug of coffee while watching a mix of ESPN (I know, right?) and various 9/11 tributes.

I cannot believe that it’s been 10 years since that incredibly horrific day took place. I can still remember, sitting in my high school Economics class, having another teacher come in and whisper something to my teacher, and then turning on the television to watch the following events unfold.

We all just sat in silence, dumbfounded by what was happening right before our eyes. The day was just surreal, and my heart breaks for everyone that was effected, no matter how big or small, from the events of that day.

*****

So about halfway through my mug of coffee, hubby woke up and came out to join me at about the same time that the timer went off for the delicious breakfast that awaited me…

A loaf of Banana Raisin Pumpkin Bread…mmm mmmmm. Smile

I, of course, could not wait to let it cool so the bottom piece that you see there was actually totally crumbled into pieces. I did a pretty good job of hiding the evidence though, by topping it off with some of the cinnamon raisin peanut butter that I picked up yesterday.

Oh em gee…talk about a delicious way to start off my Sunday. This loaf was slightly more banana and less pumpkin (I used 3 bananas instead of 2 and only 1 cup of pumpkin) but still just as delicious as usual.

Let’s just hope I can keep my grubby hands off of it for most of the day. Who me?

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite Sunday breakfast?

1 Khushboo September 11, 2011 at 11:49 am

What a cozy start to yourday! I love the idea of pancakes as a Sunday morning breakfast but every Sunday, I either want oatmeal or yogurt messes..I like my brekkie outta bowls :D! I just wrote down your pyramid treadmill run for tomorrow morning- I am pumped!
Khushboo recently posted..Best salad ever!

2 Lauren September 11, 2011 at 11:52 am

Yum! What a great way to start off such a tragic day….I had a red, white and blue breakfast in honor. :D I was in kindergarten and I just remember lots of freaked out people, my parents picking me up early, and not telling me what happened right away. Can’t believe it’s been 10 years!
Lauren recently posted..Favorites in Twos

3 Sweet and Savvy September 11, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Looks like the perfect way to start a Sunday morning off! :)
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Glad you finally made it, weekend!

4 Amanda September 11, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Yumm….looks like a great way to start your Sunday! :)
Amanda recently posted..09/11/11: What do we do?

5 Steph @ A Hungry Bookworm September 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Oh my, I am salivating all over my keyboard. Looks delish!
Steph @ A Hungry Bookworm recently posted..Game On

6 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 11, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Wow, I would be in heaven if I could eat that in the morning! I generally really love oatmeal or smoothies…but sometimes, pancakes are the best way to go :)
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..New Circuit Workout

7 kristen September 11, 2011 at 12:18 pm

pancakes with my little guy

8 Maria@La_Piattini September 11, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Looks really good! I’ve been seeing Banana Pumpkin Bread pop up a lot lately and I want to try it- I’m just waiting for Libby’s to show up in my grocery store!
I really enjoy pancakes or overnight oats on Sunday mornings. I went with something light today, a quick bowl of cereal, because we have a Christening this afternoon where I know I’ll be doing lots of eating!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Fruit Shopping

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 11, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I love a big stack of pancakes on a weekend morning!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Turkey Quinoa Skillet Dinner

10 J @ ... semplicemente j ... September 11, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I am not a baker so you will not see my Sunday morning breakfast with a new baked item on my table … I am actually a very simple breakfast kind of gal … I know, I know … kind of boring … but really, a bowl of cereal, grapes and muenster cheese, a bagel, and the occasional egg … pretty much summarize the array of my breakfast menu items.
J @ … semplicemente j … recently posted..… no posts … no followers …

11 Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. September 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Looks like a wonderful breakfast – can’t go wrong with pumpkin and bananas! My fave breakfast – french toast – hands down ;)
Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. recently posted..Uganda and Life

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 11, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Guess what I’m making today….. THIS loaf of bread.
May we all take a moment to say a few prayers. <3
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Sunset love… and…. BOLD BLOGGING!

13 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 11, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I’ve been on a pancake kick recently. Last week it was strawberry pancakes, this morning banana pancakes. Of course, with a ton of toppings :) That bread looks delicious! Sunday’s usually make me want to bake or cook, basically just spend time in the kitchen which is my plan as soon as I get back from a run and the grocery store.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Philadelphia half marathon training plan

14 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 11, 2011 at 2:13 pm

That bread looks delicious! I think my fav Sunday breakfast is just what I had this morning… banana chocolate chip pancakes! So good :)

15 Allison September 11, 2011 at 2:47 pm

not sure if you have already seen this yet, but Dunkin Donuts has pumpkin iced coffee out right now!
Allison recently posted..labor day weekend

16 Courtney September 11, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Oh girl, I have been ALL OVER the DD’s pumpkin coffee!
Oddly enough though, I don’t enjoy it iced…pumpkin coffee has got to be nice and warm for me :)

17 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 11, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Yum! I had two Van’s waffles this morning and they were perfect. Pancakes also make a good Sunday morning breakfast!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Ten Years

18 Liz September 11, 2011 at 3:22 pm

It was so chilly out here this morning – for some reason I spent the morning running and gymming instead of baking… I think you had the right idea ;) I’ve never done a banana/pumpkin bread but it sounds awesome.
Liz recently posted..Cakes to Remember: New York Apple Crumb Cake

19 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers September 11, 2011 at 4:14 pm

My dream Sunday breakfast would be a bourbon caramelized french toast on brioche with whipped cream and fresh fruit.

Oh, and drowned in syrup.

True true love.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Salutation Nation 2011: Durham, NC

20 Casey @ oatsandnanners September 11, 2011 at 4:36 pm

OH my Lord, I wish I had read this post before I made breakfast because I’m pretty sure I would have played copy cat! There’s always tomorrow (and the rest of the fall season!)

By the way — I’m thinking of adding nuts or chocolate chips to my pumpkin breads? Too overpowering? I really want the pumpkin/banana to be the star.

Keep being amazing, Courtney!
Casey @ oatsandnanners recently posted..A Tribute.

21 Courtney September 11, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Thanks Casey!
I’m not a fan of nuts in any of my bake goods so I can’t help ya out there…but I’ve tried the chocolate chips and they’re great! Maybe try with 3/4 cup too start so it’s not to overpowering? :)

22 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" September 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I watched lots of 9/11 tributes today as well. It always meant so much but feels so much closer to home now that I’m here. Today, I went to the neighborhood fire station to pay tribute to the firefighters from this very station that lost their lives that day – 9 of them. It definitely felt real at that moment.

My favorite Sunday breakfast is pancakes with different fillings like chocolate chips and sprinkles :-)
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Everyone Loves a Good Comeback

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 11, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Yum!! :) Sundays are usually quick because of church, but if for some reason we have more time, I love pancakes and bacon. Yum!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Chicago Street Show

24 Heather September 11, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I don’t know about favourite but lately my breakfasts have been a nectarine, and smoked salmon in a whole wheat tortills – weird,right?
Heather recently posted..5 Random Things Sunday

25 Hannah September 11, 2011 at 6:54 pm

oo banana and pumpkin bread sounds awesome.
i am having trouble keeping my hands off my delicious banana bread as well!
enjoy your day!

i still need to get pumpkin… keep forgetting ! :)
Hannah recently posted..14 miles, banana bread & blueberry muffins

26 Chelsea September 11, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I bought the banana flavored pb last week at the market. Oh my goodness….delicous, and almost gone!

27 Ari @ Ari's Menu September 11, 2011 at 11:55 pm

That looks super delicious! I almost always want pancakes. Lots of different varieties, but when given the choice of what to make and stocked kitchen, pancakes win 90% of the time!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Breakfast Sammies

28 Katie @ Plates and Paste September 12, 2011 at 12:22 am

Breakfast this morning was pancakes! That’s usually my fav :)
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..German Food, Cigars and Boat Rides