Fun Facts

Okay, so I think I’ve officially decided today that if I ever come back as something reincarnated in another life, I want to be a cat…

Specifically, I want to be my cat.

Cody leads such a tough life, doesn’t he? I just love how he’s able to maneuver himself into any sort of blanket so that it looks like he’s been hand-wrapped.

I mean, seriously. I think I could get used to this lifestyle.

If he’s not wrapped up in blankets, he’s raiding bars and going swimming in the pool. All I’m sayin’ is that life is GOOD for this little fur ball.

But hey, that’s not to say life isn’t good for this gal here either…especially after the awesome lunch I just finished up.

I made myself a simple veggie salad of spring mix, cukes, grape tomatoes, carrots, onion, green peppers, and goat cheese. Then I topped it with a crumbled MorningStar Farms veggie burger and a big ‘ol dollop of pineapple salsa. I really think pineapple salsa is my new salad dressing…for now. Winking smile

On the side I also had a small helping of the leftovers from yesterday’s pasta salad, which was actually made with one of my favorite veggie pastas. It’s so good!

Now, here’s a fun fact for ya

Nine out of 10 times after I set up my lunch (and usually breakfast) at the kitchen table, I don’t end up eating at the table and end up moving into the living room (or to my desk). Here’s proof from today:

I ended up tossing my little bowl of pasta salad right into my regular salad to make for one big salad beast and it was a fantastic decision.

Here’s another fun fact for yaI almost always eat the lettuce first in my salads, so I wind up with all of the other veggies and/or toppings that I added. Anyone else with me on this?

My sweet tooth was acting up shortly after finishing lunch, so I grabbed a small handful of candy corn.

It’s dangerous for us to have a bowl of candy corn sitting around in the house, but so far we’ve been doing okay. I opened the bag on Saturday…I’ll let you guys know when we end up finishing it off. Winking smile

*****

Since I had pretty much zero time to study this weekend, I’m hoping to really bust out some serious pages in my book today. Fingers crossed for productivity! Fingers crossed

Questions for the Afternoon:

What/who would you want to come back as if you were reincarnated?

Do you mix any foods together that others might find “weird?”

Comments

1. Stefanie says

For me with salads, I always try to get a little piece of everything in each bite, I think the combination of flavors is so good! I usually end up with a equal amount of everything start to finish haha

2. Whitney says

Oh goodness the hubs and I bought a bag of candy corn on Saturday too for the football games and I’m ashamed to say that there is only about a handful left…eeek!! :)

I eat my salads that way exactly- saving the best bits for last! I rarely using typical salad dressings anymore- all about dips as toppers instead like hummus, guacamole and salsa! Happy studying…it’s zzzz time for me :-)
    Khushboo recently posted..iJack

I could definitely come back as a cat or dog. They really do have the life- as long as they have fabulous owners :). And I really want candy corn now! I try not to buy it because I do eat it by the handful haha…and by handful, that probably means so many that a bag would be gone in approx. 2 days!
    Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Pumpkin Goodness

I’ve had a bag of Autumn Mix sitting next to me on my desk for 2 weeks now. I haven’t opened it for fear that I will go.to.town!

I always mix everything on my Thanksgiving plate into a delicious mess. Everyone thinks it’s gross, but I’m pretty sure it’s the only way to do Thanksgiving right.
    Melissa recently posted..Oatmeal Toffee Bars

I’m definitely one to try and eat up as much lettuce as possible first too. I try and combine some of the veggies/toppings with the lettuce so it makes it more exciting to eat. Make sure and stop by my blog today, my first giveaway . I definitely think it’s something you won’t wanna miss. Happy Monday! :)

I actually always attempt to have a mix of everything for every bite of my salad. I usually end up with most of the best stuff last, though. ;)

and I’ve HEARD that candy corn is delicious with peanuts. I’m honestly afraid to try it, cause I’ll eat the entire thing in one sitting.
    Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Recovery

I love your food pictures – they are always so pretty and photogenic! Especially when set up all beautiful like that :-) And Cody is the cutest cat ever! They say it’s a dogs life, but I’m pretty sure it’s a cats… ;-) Hmm…lettuce talk, eh? I love using romaine lettuce (the baby ones) as scoop for soup, rather than bread…it’s so refreshing and fun slurping and crunching from a lettuce spoon! :-) xyx
    Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..beauty, bread, and four-legged friends

9. Karen says

I would totally come back as a cat as well. Our two cats are so spoiled and just lay around all day. Our youngest cat will sometimes workout with me (by working out, I mean stare at me while I am either on the treadmill or doing a video). She does love it when I do yoga or pilates…ha-ha. We have currently changed “their bedroom” into the nursery so she will open up the closet and sit in there till my husband or I come to find her…ha-ha.

Anyways, you have gotten me totally obsessed with pineapple salsa and had it in my chicken taco salad I made on Friday night. I will sometimes mix my foods together and my husband is grossed out by it.

I mix peas with my macaroni. Its quite delicious!
    My friends and I were just talking about putting candy corn and peanuts together and how its that time of the year for that combo!

awww Cody is such a cute boy! My sweet girl, Asia, is sick today and it’s worrying me. She’s older and just won’t eat! I wish she’s get up and play!

Thx for the candy corn pic! LOVE them! Although mellowcream pumpkins REALLY rock my world!
    Carissa recently posted..Two years of Marriage

i would definitely want to come back as my yorkie. like cody, he just lounges arounds, eats, and plays. he gets so much attention, cuddles, and love. what a life!!!

i haven’t eaten it in years, but i LOVE mixing honey bunches of oats and bryers vanilla fudge swirl ice cream together. i used to convince myself that the ice cream was an appropriate milk-substitute ;p

my friend also likes to dip teddy grahams in tubs of duncan hines frosting. i thought it was gross until i tried it.
    Erica recently posted..wedding recap: ceremony

I have been avoiding buying candy corn because I know I would demolish the bag. I don’t even like it THAT much, but it’s one of those things that I just can’t stop eating once I start.

I’d definitely want to come back as my dog (only the girl version!). Pets seriously have it made in the shade.
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Family Dinner

ahhhhh candy corn!! I haven’t been to the grocery store in a week and I didn’t see it last week. Maybe it is out now! My hubby and I are known to mix such random things together and make names for the dishes…ground beef, corn, salsa, peppers, beans, cottage cheese…we call it fiesta de la boca!
    Ruthie Hart recently posted..Honey badger

15. Becky says

haha I eat the lettuce first too. one my favorite things is the last few bites of a really good salad that has all the goodies in it. yum!

I’m always mixing weird things together. One day I sauteed up like a bunch of different veggies, added some goat cheddar, looked at the bowl and decided that what was missing was hummus and croutons, added them and called it dinner. Then, I spent the rest of the night wondering why I was so weird and debating blogging about how much I loved the weird combination :)
    Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Skinnified Kahlua Mocha Cupcakes

i love this time of year for many reasons but mostly because of candy corn. (kinda like Easter time when the craving for jelly beans seem to come out of nowhere!!) now, i know i can buy them year round, but they seem to be their freshest (yes, i’ve convinced myself of that!) in the Fall. i can’t even buy candy corn for my house because i would eat it all in one sitting. i’m totally addicted!

as far as weird combo’s go…i love apple sauce on whole wheat bread and french fries with chocolate milkshakes…
    colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..is God listening?

Love me some candy corn! Trying to wait until October since I consider it a Halloween candy ;) Funny though I’m really not a candy person, but love this stuff.

Hmm I used to eat ketchup with my Mac and cheese? I also like ketchup on my eggs and my bf thinks it’s gross :P
    Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..View of the Water

I always eat the lettuce with at least one of everything else! I try to get a full explosion of flavors all in one bite so it ends up being a medium-big bite. I would want to become reincarnated as a puppy because I am obsessed with them :D I mix a bunch of random foods together that I can’t think of right now. You got me craving candy corn!!

20. Nicole says

I am JUST like you when it comes to salad – I usually save whatever chicken or nuts on the salad until the very end (eating the lettuce and veggies together).

As for food combinations – hmmm…I don’t like my food to touch! I would be perfectly happy if I still had those kiddie plates with the little dividers in them! :)

Enjoy your day!

My sister’s the same way with her salads! She used to do that all the time, until she realized she might as well get rid of the lettuce altogether and now just mixes all the “toppings” in a bowl to create a lettuce-less salad!

Trackbacks