Fun Facts

by Courtney on September 19, 2011

Okay, so I think I’ve officially decided today that if I ever come back as something reincarnated in another life, I want to be a cat…

Specifically, I want to be my cat.

Cody leads such a tough life, doesn’t he? I just love how he’s able to maneuver himself into any sort of blanket so that it looks like he’s been hand-wrapped.

I mean, seriously. I think I could get used to this lifestyle.

If he’s not wrapped up in blankets, he’s raiding bars and going swimming in the pool. All I’m sayin’ is that life is GOOD for this little fur ball.

But hey, that’s not to say life isn’t good for this gal here either…especially after the awesome lunch I just finished up.

I made myself a simple veggie salad of spring mix, cukes, grape tomatoes, carrots, onion, green peppers, and goat cheese. Then I topped it with a crumbled MorningStar Farms veggie burger and a big ‘ol dollop of pineapple salsa. I really think pineapple salsa is my new salad dressing…for now. Winking smile

On the side I also had a small helping of the leftovers from yesterday’s pasta salad, which was actually made with one of my favorite veggie pastas. It’s so good!

Now, here’s a fun fact for ya

Nine out of 10 times after I set up my lunch (and usually breakfast) at the kitchen table, I don’t end up eating at the table and end up moving into the living room (or to my desk). Here’s proof from today:

I ended up tossing my little bowl of pasta salad right into my regular salad to make for one big salad beast and it was a fantastic decision.

Here’s another fun fact for yaI almost always eat the lettuce first in my salads, so I wind up with all of the other veggies and/or toppings that I added. Anyone else with me on this?

My sweet tooth was acting up shortly after finishing lunch, so I grabbed a small handful of candy corn.

It’s dangerous for us to have a bowl of candy corn sitting around in the house, but so far we’ve been doing okay. I opened the bag on Saturday…I’ll let you guys know when we end up finishing it off. Winking smile

*****

Since I had pretty much zero time to study this weekend, I’m hoping to really bust out some serious pages in my book today. Fingers crossed for productivity! Fingers crossed

Questions for the Afternoon:

What/who would you want to come back as if you were reincarnated?

Do you mix any foods together that others might find “weird?”

1 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun September 19, 2011 at 1:30 pm

You have officially further decreased my motivation to go to the gym this afternoon because I just want a movie night with Peter…which could possibly include some handfuls of candy corn as well. ;)
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..A Puzzle For You With A Prize For Champions

2 Stefanie September 19, 2011 at 1:31 pm

For me with salads, I always try to get a little piece of everything in each bite, I think the combination of flavors is so good! I usually end up with a equal amount of everything start to finish haha

3 allison @ thesundayflog September 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm

yum now i am CRAVING candy corn!! i was talking to my sister about how we have a whole dining table and we eat every meal on the couch! so terrible but it’s cozy. eating at the table by myself is lonely :)
allison @ thesundayflog recently posted..2.5 Years

4 Whitney September 19, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Oh goodness the hubs and I bought a bag of candy corn on Saturday too for the football games and I’m ashamed to say that there is only about a handful left…eeek!! :)

5 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers September 19, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Not unlike Ali up there, I always end up eating my lunches on the couch too, especially since the beau’s moved up North for school. As far as weird combinations, I’d have to go back to my ol’ reliable: Doritos and Tuna Salad. It’s certainly not pretty, and I don’t eat it but VERY rarely…. but when I do, I go to town.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..These Are a Few of My Favorite Things!

6 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 6:27 pm

That combo sounds interesting, but I definitely wouldn’t be opposed to trying it! :)

7 Kathryn @ Flopoodle September 19, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I’d also love to be one of my cats, or my parent’s dog. Such a great life – sleeping and food!

8 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat September 19, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I’m pretty much obsessed with candy corn. You have to try the Monster Munch recipe from ourbestbites.com (in my post today, which I saw on Iowa Girl Eats). To die for!

And PS, I’m really not a cat lover – but Cody is pretty darn adorable!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Miscellaneous Monday

9 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Oh my…
thank you for bringing this amazing recipe to my attention. I am now obsessed!!

10 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life September 19, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I’d love to come back as a cat as well or a dog! They seriously live the best lives ever! Eat, potty, play, nap and snuggle! Sounds good to me! : )
Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Weekend and Workout Recaps

11 Khushboo September 19, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I eat my salads that way exactly- saving the best bits for last! I rarely using typical salad dressings anymore- all about dips as toppers instead like hummus, guacamole and salsa! Happy studying…it’s zzzz time for me :-)
Khushboo recently posted..iJack

12 Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer September 19, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Every year, I claim to not like candy corn, but every year, I probably consume a ton of it.
Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer recently posted..The Day After

13 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 19, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I could definitely come back as a cat or dog. They really do have the life- as long as they have fabulous owners :). And I really want candy corn now! I try not to buy it because I do eat it by the handful haha…and by handful, that probably means so many that a bag would be gone in approx. 2 days!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Pumpkin Goodness

14 Melissa September 19, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I’ve had a bag of Autumn Mix sitting next to me on my desk for 2 weeks now. I haven’t opened it for fear that I will go.to.town!

I always mix everything on my Thanksgiving plate into a delicious mess. Everyone thinks it’s gross, but I’m pretty sure it’s the only way to do Thanksgiving right.
Melissa recently posted..Oatmeal Toffee Bars

15 Claire September 19, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Yay for a quick second to read your post! I would want to come back as candy corn…that stuff is delish! Actually…I think I would want to be a puppy. Sleepy, lazy, cozy! :-)

I combine spinach with smoothies and feel that not many people besides the blogging world we have here appreciate that! HA
Claire recently posted..The Adventures of the Firey Red Head and Blonde Bombeshell…

16 Shari @ The Daily Dish September 19, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I’m definitely one to try and eat up as much lettuce as possible first too. I try and combine some of the veggies/toppings with the lettuce so it makes it more exciting to eat. Make sure and stop by my blog today, my first giveaway . I definitely think it’s something you won’t wanna miss. Happy Monday! :)

17 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 19, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I actually always attempt to have a mix of everything for every bite of my salad. I usually end up with most of the best stuff last, though. ;)

and I’ve HEARD that candy corn is delicious with peanuts. I’m honestly afraid to try it, cause I’ll eat the entire thing in one sitting.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Recovery

18 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I’ve heard this too and am VERY intrigued by it…??

19 Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count September 19, 2011 at 2:25 pm

As much as I love sweets, I am not a fan of candy corn! It is kind of strange though, because even though I don’t like it, if there is a bowl of it around, I will pick up a handful just to bite off the pointy end. Weird, I know!
Taylor @ Crumbs Don’t Count recently posted..I Threw a Rave

20 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I LOVE how quirky that is! Totally sounds like something I would do ;)

21 Danielle September 19, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I grew up eating corn bread in a cup of milk. I learned at some point growing up that its not a normal combo. But its seriously so good!
Danielle recently posted..Catching Up with Friends

22 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Really?!? That’s so interesting…so the piece of cornbread is right in the bottom of a cup of milk?

23 Danielle September 19, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Yah! I just put a few pieces of corn bread (we do w/o corn kernels) into a cup or mug and pour enough milk into to just cover it. I actually make corn bread most often just for this purpose and have it as a snack!
Danielle recently posted..Catching Up with Friends

24 Yolie @ Practising Wellness September 19, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I love your food pictures – they are always so pretty and photogenic! Especially when set up all beautiful like that :-) And Cody is the cutest cat ever! They say it’s a dogs life, but I’m pretty sure it’s a cats… ;-) Hmm…lettuce talk, eh? I love using romaine lettuce (the baby ones) as scoop for soup, rather than bread…it’s so refreshing and fun slurping and crunching from a lettuce spoon! :-) xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..beauty, bread, and four-legged friends

25 Blog is the New black September 19, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I am the same way with candy corn! I can’t keep it in the house!

26 Karen September 19, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I would totally come back as a cat as well. Our two cats are so spoiled and just lay around all day. Our youngest cat will sometimes workout with me (by working out, I mean stare at me while I am either on the treadmill or doing a video). She does love it when I do yoga or pilates…ha-ha. We have currently changed “their bedroom” into the nursery so she will open up the closet and sit in there till my husband or I come to find her…ha-ha.

Anyways, you have gotten me totally obsessed with pineapple salsa and had it in my chicken taco salad I made on Friday night. I will sometimes mix my foods together and my husband is grossed out by it.

27 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 19, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Mmmm I LOVE candycorn!! I hardly have any self control when it comes to eating the stuff. I keep debating if I should buy some when I pass it in the grocery store. So far, I’ve resisted, but I have a feeling that’s not going to last much longer!

28 Kristen September 19, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I mix peas with my macaroni. Its quite delicious!
My friends and I were just talking about putting candy corn and peanuts together and how its that time of the year for that combo!

29 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Yum! I LOVE peas in my macaroni!!

30 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled September 19, 2011 at 2:55 pm

OMG, I totally eat my salads the same way! I always eat the parts I like least first so that the goodies can be my ‘dessert.’
I also do that with muffins, cupcakes, and cake. Meaning I eat the bottoms first (or the cake part) and eat the tops last (or the frosting part). So the way to go.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Rest Week + Vacation Posts

31 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm

DEFINITELY keep the tops of the baked goods for last…helloooo, frosting! :-P

32 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 19, 2011 at 3:04 pm

At the wedding I was in a couple weekends ago one of the family members made trail mix with candy corn in it. Talk about addicting! Yikes!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Week in Review 9/12-9/18

33 Carissa September 19, 2011 at 3:13 pm

awww Cody is such a cute boy! My sweet girl, Asia, is sick today and it’s worrying me. She’s older and just won’t eat! I wish she’s get up and play!

Thx for the candy corn pic! LOVE them! Although mellowcream pumpkins REALLY rock my world!
Carissa recently posted..Two years of Marriage

34 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 19, 2011 at 3:15 pm

i LOVE cats and yours reminds me so much of my orange tabby (Nicky). How cute!

I’m totally with ya on the eating the lettuce first! The add-ins are so much better ;)
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Homemade Pizza + Addictive Brownies

35 e@thisnotedlife September 19, 2011 at 3:27 pm

oo candy corn already?? mmm :) And if i came back i’d totally want to be one of my dogs – those two have it made

36 Heather @ Girlyeverafter September 19, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I for sure would want to come back as one of my animals too. Or even better one of Oprah’s animals. They live the life!!!
Heather @ Girlyeverafter recently posted..Happy Anniversary…Belated

37 dawn September 19, 2011 at 3:34 pm

My strange food combo is tomato soup with tuna…yum!

38 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I’d like to be reincarnated as a person who already has their Master’s :) Going to class at night is such a bummer!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..What $75 Looks Like

39 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Awwww, don’t worry girl, it’ll be worth it in the end! I know it sucks…but you got this! :-D

40 Erica September 19, 2011 at 3:39 pm

i would definitely want to come back as my yorkie. like cody, he just lounges arounds, eats, and plays. he gets so much attention, cuddles, and love. what a life!!!

i haven’t eaten it in years, but i LOVE mixing honey bunches of oats and bryers vanilla fudge swirl ice cream together. i used to convince myself that the ice cream was an appropriate milk-substitute ;p

my friend also likes to dip teddy grahams in tubs of duncan hines frosting. i thought it was gross until i tried it.
Erica recently posted..wedding recap: ceremony

41 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 6:34 pm

teddy grahams in duncan hines frosting sounds incredible right now…oh WOW!

42 Brynne September 19, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I have alwayssss thought pets have it the best! My dogs seriously have the life. I would definitely want to come back as a dog or cat.
Brynne recently posted..Do What You Want

43 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 19, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I have been avoiding buying candy corn because I know I would demolish the bag. I don’t even like it THAT much, but it’s one of those things that I just can’t stop eating once I start.

I’d definitely want to come back as my dog (only the girl version!). Pets seriously have it made in the shade.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Family Dinner

44 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) September 19, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Candy corn is SO good!

I also want to be a cat :) they are so awesome.

45 Ruthie Hart September 19, 2011 at 4:33 pm

ahhhhh candy corn!! I haven’t been to the grocery store in a week and I didn’t see it last week. Maybe it is out now! My hubby and I are known to mix such random things together and make names for the dishes…ground beef, corn, salsa, peppers, beans, cottage cheese…we call it fiesta de la boca!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Honey badger

46 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 6:35 pm

That sounds SO good!!

47 Alexa @ Simple Eats September 19, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I love pickles in salads…people think I’m a weirdo!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Signs of Fall

48 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Pickles in salads is one of my favorites! Yum :-P

49 Becky September 19, 2011 at 5:47 pm

haha I eat the lettuce first too. one my favorite things is the last few bites of a really good salad that has all the goodies in it. yum!

50 Ari @ Ari's Menu September 19, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I’m always mixing weird things together. One day I sauteed up like a bunch of different veggies, added some goat cheddar, looked at the bowl and decided that what was missing was hummus and croutons, added them and called it dinner. Then, I spent the rest of the night wondering why I was so weird and debating blogging about how much I loved the weird combination :)
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Skinnified Kahlua Mocha Cupcakes

51 colleen @ thegiftofmondays September 19, 2011 at 7:28 pm

i love this time of year for many reasons but mostly because of candy corn. (kinda like Easter time when the craving for jelly beans seem to come out of nowhere!!) now, i know i can buy them year round, but they seem to be their freshest (yes, i’ve convinced myself of that!) in the Fall. i can’t even buy candy corn for my house because i would eat it all in one sitting. i’m totally addicted!

as far as weird combo’s go…i love apple sauce on whole wheat bread and french fries with chocolate milkshakes…
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..is God listening?

52 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 19, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I do the same and never eat at the table. In fact, my photography station is my coffee table. We don’t even have a real one- haha!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Craving comfort: Mac ‘n Cheese

53 Katie @ Plates and Paste September 19, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Love me some candy corn! Trying to wait until October since I consider it a Halloween candy ;) Funny though I’m really not a candy person, but love this stuff.

Hmm I used to eat ketchup with my Mac and cheese? I also like ketchup on my eggs and my bf thinks it’s gross :P
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..View of the Water

54 Brittany September 19, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I always eat the lettuce with at least one of everything else! I try to get a full explosion of flavors all in one bite so it ends up being a medium-big bite. I would want to become reincarnated as a puppy because I am obsessed with them :D I mix a bunch of random foods together that I can’t think of right now. You got me craving candy corn!!

55 Nicole September 20, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I am JUST like you when it comes to salad – I usually save whatever chicken or nuts on the salad until the very end (eating the lettuce and veggies together).

As for food combinations – hmmm…I don’t like my food to touch! I would be perfectly happy if I still had those kiddie plates with the little dividers in them! :)

Enjoy your day!

56 Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. June 19, 2012 at 2:49 pm

My sister’s the same way with her salads! She used to do that all the time, until she realized she might as well get rid of the lettuce altogether and now just mixes all the “toppings” in a bowl to create a lettuce-less salad!