More Productive Than Him

by Courtney on September 19, 2011

I definitely had productivity on my side this afternoon. Well, at least for a little while; that was before I ended up taking an impromptu 45 minute nap in the midst of my studying. I guess that’s what I get for studying in my bed and snuggled under the covers…

Even still, despite my nap, I busted through a whole chapter today and am finally starting to get into the interesting stuff.

To be honest, the first four chapters of the NASM certification were a little dry for me. Granted, they are absolutely, 100% necessary to know, but it was basically more of laying the groundwork for what is to come.

Topics like the nervous system, cardiorespiratory system, muscular, and skeletal systems (amongst a TON of others) were covered which, although critical to know, are just not all that exciting for me.

Luckily, I’m managing to power through and with today’s chapter, I was finally able to see how things are beginning to tie in together. I am really happy with my pace so far, and hopefully will be able to keep up the productivity.

Either way, I know I’ll always be more productive than this guy…

Besides a brief few minutes of attempting to attack my hand and the pen that was in it while writing notecards this afternoon, he has done basically nothing since you last saw him.

I think maybe he’s getting sick of me trying to take his picture every five minutes, no?

Awake or not, I’m still snapping his little mug. Winking smile

*****

Dinner

I told Jay that I wanted to attempt to clean out some of the leftovers from the fridge tonight for dinner, and we actually did a fairly good job of it. He finished off the rest of the pasta salad, while I put another good dent in some leftover Pumpkin Black Bean Soup.

We also had a little bit of brown rice and corn leftover from one of last week’s dinners, so I ended up tossing that right into the soup. Now I’m actually thinking that the next time I make this, I’ll have to add those ingredients. It was a GREAT addition!

On the side I also toasted up an English muffin spread with some light butter, which served as a perfect dunker/dipper for the soup once again.

I was also super excited to have an excuse to break out my favorite soup set.

IMG_8217-1

In true Courtney fashion, I ended up bringing dinner into the living room so I could watch kick Jay’s butt in some Wheel of Fortune. I love this show!

Now, the two of us are impatiently waiting for the new season of How I Met Your Mother to come on. I never used to watch this show much until last season, but Jay got me hooked and now I can’t wait.

Question for the Evening:

What TV shows are you looking forward to coming back on the air this fall?

I’m also beyond excited for Modern Family to come back…this Wednesday! WOOO!

1 Sweet and Savvy September 19, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Looks like you’re making headway on that studying! :) Good luck with it all!
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..What is Beauty?

2 christina cadden September 19, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Your cat is so stinking cute!!!
christina cadden recently posted..Week One-Couch To 5K

3 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 19, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I was going to be excited for the Bachelor, but apparently it’s not on til January! Boo. I’m excited for Glee, I suppose. Haha can you tell I don’t watch much TV?
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Homemade Pizza + Addictive Brownies

4 Cassie September 19, 2011 at 8:21 pm

This is hilarious, my husband and I plan our evening around Wheel of Fortune and we get a little (too) competitive. Love it!
Cassie recently posted..Snickers Cookies

5 Erica September 19, 2011 at 8:21 pm

super excited about the vampire diaries, glee, and gossip girl! :)
Erica recently posted..changing your name

6 Faith September 19, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Castle (kinda nerdy…my grandparents got us hooked though), NCIS, The Office, and New Girl (I hope it lives up to the previews…they are so funny.)
Faith recently posted..Dining Room Inspiration

7 Erin @ The Grass Skirt September 19, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Your soup looks so good! I am a TV junky, so I am pretty excited this week. I’m most excited for Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, Modern Family, and Two & A Half Men (but really just because I want to see how they handle Charlie’s exit). I’m sort of embarrassed to admit that I’m looking forward to Dancing with the Stars and Biggest Loser too.
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Quinoa Cacciatore

8 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 19, 2011 at 8:52 pm

MODERN FAMILY & Grey’s …. oh, and Desperate Housewives!
Gosh I sound like a TV junkie. eeek! ….Love your soup bowl set! Sooooo cute!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..California- Day 4 & bold blogging update!

9 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 19, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy remind me of childhood. I’d always sit at the counter in the kitchen while my mom cooked and watch those 2 shows. Love them :)
We just started watching Mad Men tonight on Netflix. I’m hooked!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..A new 5K PR…sorta

10 Lindsey September 19, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Okay I am excited for too many shows – How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, Glee, Dexter, Modern Family, The Middle and of course Vampire Diaries which started last week. I have a problem I know ;)
Lindsey recently posted..Inspiration

11 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 19, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I love that soup set- so cute! I’m excited for Modern Family, Happy Endings, and The Big Bang Theory! Comedies brighten up my week :)
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..The Dreaded Monday

12 Hannah September 19, 2011 at 9:39 pm

GLEE! i also have watched Sons of Anarchy with my boyfriend and Parenthood is good! but they are all on the same night.. not sure about time!
Hannah recently posted..be good to yourself..

13 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 19, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I’m totally with you on the first several chapters of NASM being pretty blah… but you’re right, the fun stuff is coming! It sounds like you’re doing great with it all! Good luck!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Getting Back On Track

14 Carissa September 19, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Did Cody move all day???? Lucky guy!

The NASM stuff can be dry, but once you can visualize it and explain it in your own words then you’ve got it. And truly it all ties together someway, somehow.

Good luck!
Carissa recently posted..Stand By Me – Wedding Music

15 Courtney September 19, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Haha, you wouldn’t think so by the looks of him, right? ;)

16 Lexie @ This Aussie Eats September 19, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Ahh your soup set is SUPER cute! Might have to keep my eye out for one of those :-)
Lexie @ This Aussie Eats recently posted..Red Velvet Fro-yo and LARABAR Giveaway!

17 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill September 19, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I’m super excited to all of the shows that make me feel like I’m back in high school…aka 90210 and One Tree Hill. Oh well, it’s entertainment!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Behind the Scenes: Fashion Week, Take 1

18 Courtney September 20, 2011 at 6:59 am

YAY for One Tree Hill!! :-D

19 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life September 19, 2011 at 10:54 pm

I DVRed 2 and a half men out of sheer curiosity, but I cannot wait for Modern Family. I’m so excited that Lily is going to have a sibling!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A little bit of shopping

20 gina September 19, 2011 at 11:04 pm

your kitty is adorable, he looks so cuddly!

21 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats September 19, 2011 at 11:07 pm

LOVE Modern Family! That show cracks me up! Your cat is so cute and cuddly!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Long Run + ACL = Tired Legs

22 Kait September 19, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I’m definitely a Glee/Sing-off/Grey’s Anatomy type of girl. They all come back this week!

happy studying! I’m taking a break from a paper as we speak.

P.S. I tried bodypump last week and ended up going every other day. I loved it!
Kait recently posted..Hello, Cupcake

23 Courtney September 20, 2011 at 7:02 am

Ooooo how fun!! So glad you loved BodyPump :)

24 Khushboo September 20, 2011 at 12:42 am

I remember when I was doing my nutrition specialist course, I HATED all the science-y/technical bits- was such a relief when they were over! Can’t wait for Modern Family either, seeing them at the Emmys got me all the more geared up for season 3!

25 Molly September 20, 2011 at 1:14 am

i’m so excited for modern family!
Molly recently posted..I flew a plane!

26 Yolie @ Practising Wellness September 20, 2011 at 5:01 am

Sounds like you’re doing amazingly with all of your studying – good work! :-D Even when it is dry and un-interesting, when you power through and get to the juicy stuff it must feel so good! :-)
Your soup and sandwich bowl/plate is so cute! I love it! <3 And muffin + butter = my idea of deliciousness, fo sho! ;-)
xyx
PS: Goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway…those pix of Cody are so cute!
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..beauty, bread, and four-legged friends

27 nicole @ simply Nicole September 20, 2011 at 8:01 am

looking forward to Glee and Two and a Half Men !

28 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 20, 2011 at 8:08 am

Love Wheel of Fortune! I have always not-so-secretly envied Vanna White; seriously, is there a better/easier job in the world?!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..I Didn’t Realize

29 Courtney September 20, 2011 at 9:32 am

I know, right?!? I mean, now she doesn’t even have to turn the letters…it’s just touching a screen!

30 Hope September 20, 2011 at 8:47 am

Aw! I love those pictures of Cody! He is too cute! :)

I’m looking forward to Gossip Girl, Grey’s Anatomy, and Glee returning! I cannot wait! :)
Hope recently posted..A Simple Kind Of Night…

31 Jodi September 20, 2011 at 8:52 am

Congrats on studying so hard! I bet it’s alot easier to study something you actually love to learn about!
Jodi recently posted..Weekend Whirlwind

32 Rosa - Fitness Food Fulfilled September 20, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Isn’t HIMYM hilarious?! I love that show and was so excited that it was two back to back episodes last night. Love!
Rosa – Fitness Food Fulfilled recently posted..The Return of Fall TV

33 Amy September 20, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Hubby and I watch way too much TV in the fall. We’re like 2 little old hermits.
I’m looking forward to Dexter, Hawaii Five O, Vampire Diarys(gotta get my eye candy), Sons of Anarchy, and Charlies Angels.

34 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 20, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I love Wheel of Fortune! I watch it every night at dinner.
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Monday Mantra

35 Laura @ Unchartered 20s September 21, 2011 at 4:26 pm

How can Cody get any studying done with you taking pictures of him all day?

I’m excited for way way too many shows – Modern Family, HIMYM, Biggest Loser, Glee, Grey’s Anatomy, Top Chef etc :D
Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..Getting Back Into It