Food Cravings

Food cravings are a funny thing for me. Often times, I’ll get an urge for a particular food, but it’s not quite what I’d call a true craving.

When I get a true craving for something, it hits – and it hits hard – and there’s usually no turning back from it. It’s all I can think about (well, in terms of food, anyway) and I will do just about anything to have it, as long as its possible.

Well, late this afternoon I got a craving for a smoothie bowl. I know it was a true craving because a) it’s all I could think about, and b) I was already chilled to the bone and still craving something ice cold. But hey, when the craving strikes…

I just gotta have it. Smile

Today’s smoothie bowl consisted of:

• 1 frozen banana
  • 6 frozen strawberries
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 scoop vanilla Sunwarrior
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 big handfuls spinach
  • 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
  • 3 ice cubes
  • Love Grown Foods Cocoa Goodness (<—the very last of it) Sad smile
  • Trader Joe’s Mulitgrain O’s

That bowl was worth every goosebump that is permanently stuck on my body right now.

*****

Before I ended up sitting down for my smoothie, I had already had a snack around noon time of baby carrots + hommus and a small handful of Kashi Pita Crisps.

IMG_8245IMG_8246

I’m still not sure how I feel about the pita crisps. They’re good, but they don’t blow me away. And actually, while we’re on the subject, has anyone noticed the difference in taste with the regular Kashi crackers? They much thinner now than they used to be and almost have sort of a burnt taste to me. Total bummer.

*****

Time to get back to work…and then it’ll be time to get to work on tonight’s dinner.

I will tell you that I am rather excited about what’s on the menu, but you’ll have to wait until tonight to see what it is! Winking smile

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s the last true food craving that you had?

Comments

Mine was a southwestern style salad. After you made one a couple weeks ago, I couldn’t stop thinking about it! Even after an intense workout on the treadmill it was still in my brain so I drove straight to the store after my workout to buy the stuff to make one!
    Samantha @ Because I Can recently posted..So…what’s next?

• Courtney says

Me too! I just wish I could contain my after dinner sweet to a couple of pieces of chocolate…I usually want an entire ice cream sundae ;)

LOVE your smoothie bowl! I eat green breakfasts all the time… so energizing!

I haven’t bought Kashi crackers in ages… maybe it was just a bad batch?? That happens more often than you would think with packaged crackers and cookies.

Love Trader Joe’s herbed pizza dough! So yummy.

Speaking of Trader Joe’s I randomally had a craving for that Con Queso cheese dip… I have NEVER had that craving before and can’t remember the last time I had it. But I HAD to have it the other day so I went out of my way to get it …. and I never ended up eating it haha
    Sarah @ Sarah’s Modern Bites recently posted..Office Fitness and falling in Love with the North End

I always crave a sweet after lunch and dinner! Usually something sweet and sour like sour skittles or lemon heads (which I can’t find ANYWHERE in NYC for some reason!?).

4. Kaelin says

Your smoothie looks delicious!!! I am new to the whole smoothie thing and can’t seem to find xanthan gum in my grocery store. Where do you buy it? What aisle do you find it in? Thank you!!!

• Courtney says

I found mine in with the gluten free items at my grocery store. It’s by Bob’s Red Mill. I know it’s also on iHerb.com and if it’s your first purchase, you can use my coupon code SAZ564 to get $5.00 off!

Love your smoothie!! :)

I always have a true food craving after dinner…I can never get past the sweet tooth I always get in the evenings. Either it be a couple spoonfuls of greek yogurt with honey, prunes dipped in peanut butter, or a piece of dark chocolate…anything will suffice, as long as it’s sweet! ;)
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Summer in September

I love the Trader Joe’s Pizza Dough! And the last true food craving I had was for a Red Velvet Cupcake from a small bakery in Indianapolis. I literally could not get my mind off it! I had to figure out another option for the craving on the account of I no longer live in Indianapolis!
    Hilliary@HappilyEverHealthy recently posted..A Birthday, and Ask5For5

Haha, when I first opened the site I was like “what is that green goop her cereal is floating on?”
    But the picture of it in front of the pumpkins is actually very festive and cute. :) I still can’t help but wonder what catologliving would come up with for it. ;)

Can’t wait to see what that pizza dough turns into!
    Brandy @ Let’s Grab a Coffee recently posted..How Not To Run A Business

Oh no–I love the Kashi crackers! I haven’t had them in a while, but I hope they don’t taste different! :(

Lately I have been craving English muffins round the clock. Pretty much every meal I make, I’m trying to incorporate them somehow! AB & pumpkin English muffins, spicy tofu English muffin sandwich, cinnamon-sugar English muffin. Yeah. I think I have a problem.
    Melissa recently posted..Pump-gasm?

sounds disgusting…probably because it is…but my last true food craving was for a bean and cheese burrito smothered in their hot sauce from a fast food mexican place called Taco Casa back home (yep, about as classy as it sounds).
    Faith recently posted..Fall Favorites

My most recent craving was for Mooyah – a local burger and fries place. I convinced my hubby to give in and it was so good. But on a regular basis I crave egg sandwiches in the mornings and something sweet after dinner. I try to contain the sweet craving to a dark chocolate Ghiradelli square.
    Jill recently posted..High-Low

11. AL says

Well I’m pregnant so… I’ve been craving fries and chips. I gain weight pretty much only in my belly, so I have no problem eating them all day everyday… I just look much further along than I truly am ;)

12. Jessica K. says

On Sunday I really wanted an egg and cheese breakfast sandwich! So I made some eggs with a few bacon bits and slapped it on some toast with good old American cheese… delicious!

Ah, I had that dough in my hand tonight at TJ’s, and put it back because I was scared it wouldn’t turn out…I’m making pizzas for a party this weekend. You’ll have to let me know if you liked it!

Last craving? Chocolate ice cream…definitely succumbed to that one this evening! mmm.
    Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..The Wee Hours

Asain food! My bf and I have dim sum and Vietnamese a lot so if it’s been awhile I’ll crave it :) I also remember one time I was craving Mac and cheese so we made huge thing of it that lasted all week. That will kill any craving since you’re pretty much sick of it after eating it all week!
    Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..View of the Water

I was disappointed too in the pita chips. I was expecting something more and there was just something missing.

Pizza is my most recent craving. I was craving it like crazy, but the vegan options would set me back $6.99 a pizza. I caved when I went out of town earlier this week at whole foods and got a slice.
    Rebecca recently posted..WIAW #7 and Dinner Hosting!