Major Stuff Happening

by Courtney on September 20, 2011

We had some major stuff happening in the kitchen tonight, folks. Yes, it was in the kitchen, so if you decided to check out this post because I reeled you in with my “major stuff happening” title, than I succeeded. But no worries, because now that you’re reading, that means that you’re making out pretty good, too. Here’s why:

Remember that ‘ol pizza dough that I shared with you all this afternoon? It has yet to disappoint me, after yielding two amazing pizza recipes, so I was rather excited to get my hands on today’s dough and take it from this…

to THIS…

Oh.my.gosh.

All I can say is thank goodness for Cooking Light magazine. It always seems to come at just the right time, when my cooking mojo is on its very last leg.

I came across their recipe for Chicken and Herb White Pizza last week but decided that today would be the day to make my version. I mean, c’mon…I had Trader Joe’s pizza dough to use.

So I’m just going to go ahead and share the recipe with you all because I love you…and because I want to go grab another piece of it right now.

I started out by enjoying two pieces for tonight’s dinner, but that’s because I could only fit two comfortably on my plate; I most definitely went back for a third.

And I enjoyed every last bite.

Thank you again, Cooking Light, for giving me my dinner mojo back. You’ve certainly saved me on more than one occasion…

Chicken Souvlaki Pitas with Tahini Sauce

Broiled Herb-Marinated Shrimp Skewers

So Good Shredded Chicken Tacos

Spice Rubbed Flank Steak with Fresh Salsa

Grilled King Salmon with Tomato-Peach Salsa

…and I have no doubt you’ll be saving me again. Quite possibly tomorrow. Winking smile

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 20, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Oh I love pizza so much – that looks so delicious.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..from the mind of a dog

2 Sweet and Savvy September 20, 2011 at 8:06 pm

This looks HEAVENLY! My mouth is watering. Can I come over for dinner tomorrow for left overs?
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Easy Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Chips

3 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 20, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I think you forgot to invite me over for dinner! ;) Looks delicious!

4 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 20, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I must’ve missed my invite too ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Come On In, Okra!

5 Courtney September 21, 2011 at 10:55 am

Awww girls, you can BOTH come on over anytime! ;)

6 Shayla @ The Good Life September 20, 2011 at 8:18 pm

That pizza looks awesome! And I love Cooking Light Magazine, they have such great healthy and delicious recipes!
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Summer in September

7 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine September 20, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Oh man that pizza looks amazing! I am so tempted to subscribe to Cooking Light – I think I’m going to do it now.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..A Ridiculously Amazing Weekend- Incubus + App State Football

8 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 20, 2011 at 8:21 pm

wow yum!! I love pizza – especially if it’s light!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Homemade Pizza + Addictive Brownies

9 Samantha September 20, 2011 at 8:22 pm

HOLY COW! That looks FANTASTIC!

I have an issue (yes, just one) of Cooking Light and I’m impressed. I think I’ll subscribe!
Samantha recently posted..So…what’s next?

10 Sara September 20, 2011 at 8:36 pm

That pizza looks amazing! I could learn a thing or two about cooking from you! GREAT blog!!
Sara recently posted..20 Miler DONE!

11 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 20, 2011 at 8:42 pm

That pizza looks delish! I have to look for that dough the next time I’m at TJ’s!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..BBQ Turkey Burgers

12 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life September 20, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Looks yummy! I’ve never tried TJ’s pizza dough, but I think I need to add it to my shopping list for my next trip over there.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A little bit of shopping

13 Lauren September 20, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Delish!!! Gosh I am craving pizza like mad now. :)
Lauren recently posted..A “Pill” a Day Keeps the Doctors Away

14 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 20, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Oh my gosh I just had a huge bowl of cereal but that pizza is making me hungry again! YUM :D
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Pumpkin Goodness

15 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Ahh the pizza looks heavenly! I love Cooking Light recipes as well. They always come to the rescue when I’m in a cooking rut. I really, really wish we had a TJ’s here in Utah! :(

16 Liz September 20, 2011 at 9:58 pm

That crust looks amazing – whyyy can’t we have TJ’s upstate?! I love that you used Chobani in the sauce!
Liz recently posted..What does a no-plan training plan look like?

17 Ari @ Ari's Menu September 20, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I’ve been eying that dough at TJ’s! Looks delicious!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..PB&J Oatmeal & Garmin Talk

18 christina cadden September 20, 2011 at 10:03 pm

mmm, looks amazing!!!
christina cadden recently posted..Buying/Eating Gluten Free

19 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 20, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Wow, that looks insanely delicious. You’re making me rethink my decision to cancel all my food magazines! They were just overwhelming me and would end up in a pile with a million dog earred pages and not enough time to make them all!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Salted chocolate sunflower seed butter dip

20 Julie September 20, 2011 at 11:28 pm

that looks SO good! you always have the best pizza recipes…since I’m in college and usually cooking just for one I like to make English Muffin pizzas, but your creations always inspire me :)

21 Liz @ Something To Chew Om September 20, 2011 at 11:35 pm

YUM! That looks incredible!
Liz @ Something To Chew Om recently posted..Twice As Nice

22 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 20, 2011 at 11:38 pm

ha, you definitely drew me in with the title but I’m a regular reader, anyway! This looks absolutely delicious!! Definitely being made soon!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Tuscan Zucchini with Onions

23 Khushboo September 21, 2011 at 12:40 am

YUM! For your sake, I hope there are leftovers for lunch tomo :)
Khushboo recently posted..Maggie develops an eating disorder

24 Brittney September 21, 2011 at 1:03 am

Ok- I don’t even LIKE tomatoes but I want to go make that RIGHT this instant. That pizza looks amazing!

25 Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly September 21, 2011 at 8:37 am

That pizza looks unreal! I wish I had a TJ’s by me…not fair! :(
Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly recently posted..September Workout Log Week 3

26 Hope September 21, 2011 at 8:49 am

That pizza looks absolutely amazing! I haven’t tried TJ Herb and Garlic dough yet! After seeing this recipe, it looks like I’m going to need to buy some to try out! :)
Hope recently posted..A Ratatouille Kind of Evening…

27 Melissa September 21, 2011 at 9:40 am

Oh that looks incredible! The TJ’s pizza crusts are also awesome for calzones! I’ve made a bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast calzone and it was fantastic! Must try!
Melissa recently posted..New Girl

28 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill September 21, 2011 at 10:50 am

Another blogger made this same pizza and they both look equally delicious…yumm! Definitely have to make this soon (with the Trader Joe’s pizza dough, of course!).
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Colleen’s Gossip Column

29 Courtney September 21, 2011 at 10:55 am

Haha, really? Who was it? I’d love to see the two! :)

30 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill September 21, 2011 at 10:57 am

I can’t remember, but if I find the post, I will be sure to let you know!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Colleen’s Gossip Column

31 Brigitt September 21, 2011 at 10:51 am

I also LOVED this month’s Cooking Light. There were so many delicious ideas that I’m not even sure where to begin!
Brigitt recently posted..Big News: The French Culinary Institute

32 kristen September 21, 2011 at 12:23 pm

It looks delicious! I really want to try trader joes pizza dough- is it expensive?

33 Courtney September 21, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Nope! 99 cents :)

34 kristen September 24, 2011 at 12:25 am

what?!?! my jaw just dropped. trader joes tomorrow haha
kristen recently posted..New Domains for You and .me

35 Kim @ The Family Practice September 21, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Looks delicious! I love Cooking Light – I hold onto their recipes forever
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Enchilada Casserole

36 Julie September 22, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Looks sooo good! That’s a great photo too. Cooking Light is one of my favorite mags. I will be making this soon…thanks for sharing!