We had some major stuff happening in the kitchen tonight, folks. Yes, it was in the kitchen, so if you decided to check out this post because I reeled you in with my “major stuff happening” title, than I succeeded. But no worries, because now that you’re reading, that means that you’re making out pretty good, too. Here’s why:
Remember that ‘ol pizza dough that I shared with you all this afternoon? It has yet to disappoint me, after yielding two amazing pizza recipes, so I was rather excited to get my hands on today’s dough and take it from this…
All I can say is thank goodness for Cooking Light magazine. It always seems to come at just the right time, when my cooking mojo is on its very last leg.
I came across their recipe for Chicken and Herb White Pizza last week but decided that today would be the day to make my version. I mean, c’mon…I had Trader Joe’s pizza dough to use.
So I’m just going to go ahead and share the recipe with you all because I love you…and because I want to go grab another piece of it right now.
Chicken, Tomato, & Herb White Pizza
(Adapted from this recipe)
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough (I used TJ’s Herb & Garlic)
- Cooking spray
- Butter spray and/or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup plain Chobani Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/2 cups shredded chicken breasts (~1-2 small breasts)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. (*If using a pizza stone, allow pizza stone to heat up in the oven as it preheats.)
- Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add flour and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk and Greek yogurt, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Use a baking sheet (or remove pizza stone from oven) and sprinkle with cornmeal; roll dough into a circle on prepared baking sheet/stone. Brush edges of prepared dough with butter spray and/or olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, if desired. Spread white sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomato slices, chicken, and onion.
- Bake at 450 degrees on bottom oven rack for 14-17 minutes, or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with parsley and oregano. ENJOY!
I started out by enjoying two pieces for tonight’s dinner, but that’s because I could only fit two comfortably on my plate; I most definitely went back for a third.
And I enjoyed every last bite.
Thank you again, Cooking Light, for giving me my dinner mojo back. You’ve certainly saved me on more than one occasion…
…and I have no doubt you’ll be saving me again. Quite possibly tomorrow.