Side Notes

Today is off to a good start. I’ve already gotten some stuff done around the house, got a good workout in, and have a good breakfast in my belly. Holla!

Workout

This morning I was in the mood for some cardio, which is a good thing, since it’s what I had planned on doing anyways. I decided to do the running option on my latest Pyramid Treadmill Workout. I don’t know why, but that workout seemed extra hard today. Yikes!

Breakfast

I know I’ve told you all this before, but I really hate wasting food. For example, whenever I make a batch of my Crackled Sugar Cookies, you’ll see me with a big ‘ol whopper of an egg white omelet the next day because I don’t want them (the whites) to just get thrown away.

Well last night when Jay finished up the last of the pasta salad, I noticed that there was a lot of the cut up veggies left in the bottom of the bowl. So, rather than throw them away, I threw ‘em in a baggie and saved them for this morning’s breakfast!

I picked out the carrots and cucumbers from the mix because, while I’m all for different omelet combos (especially this amazing one), I didn’t think they would be very good.

So instead, this one ended up getting filled with green peppers, red onion, grape tomatoes, dried basil, salt, black pepper, and some added goat cheese, which gave it the perfect amount of creaminess. Oh yes, and ketchup. Definitely can’t forget about the ketchup. Winking smile

Along with my omelet, I ended up having a cherry pie Larabar after spotting it in the cupboard and getting an intense craving for it.

I also had a delicious mug of coffee, which I actually need to tell you about. The other day, I noticed that the lovely Tina had added some pumpkin pie spice into her coffee grounds, which made me realize that it’s been forever since I’ve done that with cinnamon. (I’d do the pumpkin pie spice, but Jay wouldn’t go for that.)

The cinnamon adds an awesome hint of flavor to the coffee, which I’ve done for the past two days now. I’d definitely recommend giving it a try (thanks for reminding me, Tina!) Smile

Side Notes

• I’m a Love Blogger! Have you noticed that cute little badge that’s been up for about a week now? Well I was selected to be a part of Love Grown Food’s Love Blogger group, which I am beyond excited about. Not only do I absolutely adore their products, but I’m even more impressed with how friendly, approachable, and thoughtful everyone is who works there. They’re an amazing company and I’m so honored to be working with them and help “spreading the love!”
  • Feel free to check out my guest post over on Samantha’s blog that was up on Sunday (but I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re hungry…)
  • **Next Thursday, September 29th at 9pm EST, I will be joining Heather, Julie, and Brittany for the next #Fitblog webinar presentation. We’re going to be doing the presentation that we originally gave at the Healthy Living Summit, so if you were interested in hearing our thoughts but were unable to attend HLS, now’s your chance! All you have to do is register online by going here: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/871946958spots are limited, so I’d recommend only registering if you know that you’ll be able to attend.

Random Question for the Morning:

If you could have a meal with any three people in the entire world (living or deceased) who would they be, and why?

Comments

In favor of not weeping over my keyboard and thinking about dead loved ones, I’d have to pick Michael Jackson, (so I could tell him about how I wrote a stellar report on him in 2nd grade during Black History Month), Jillian Michaels (so I could persuade her to kick my ass in the gym) and Stacey from What Not to Wear (because I’m no fashionista – and maybe she’d throw in a $5,000 gift card for a new wardrobe)
    Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Cheers to Choosing Happiness

I also noticed that in Tina’s post earlier this week (about the coffee), tried and loved it! My boyfriend also started adding a little brown sugar (he likes to add this to really dark pots though) — and it works as well!

Okay, tackling the random question. I have no idea if these would REALLY be my picks but for today, I will say Billy Graham, Will Ferrell and Miranda Lambert. Now that would be quite an interesting lunch crowd!
    Ericka Andersen recently posted..Running: Awake My Soul

I would love to dine with my father and grandfather who are both not alive! My dad because he passed away young and suddenly and I want to tell him how much i love him. My grandfather because he was such a wise and enterprenuial man but when he was alive, I was to young to ask him questions (and pick his brains). My 3rd would be Oprah- love her and can imagine her being such a laugh to hang out with!

Who are your 3?
    Khushboo recently posted..Maggie develops an eating disorder

• Courtney says

I’ll have to go the celebrity/eye candy route:
      Ryan Reynolds
      Channing Tatum (just watched Step Up the other day and obsessed all over again with him)
      Paul Walker

But honestly, choosing three would be REALLY hard. I’d also love to eat doughnuts and coffee with my grandpa again, too. :)

Mmm…what a yummy and inventive breakfast! :-) I hate wasting food too – and so many congratulations on your Love Grown Blogger Status! 😀
    I would have a meal with my boyfriend’s mum, who passed away very sadly and suddenly earlier this year, with my boyfriend Tom and his brother. I got to know his Mum really well but never got to enjoy having a meal with Tom, his mum and brother all together – me and Tom live in UK and the rest of his family are in NZ. It would make me so happy to share a meal with all four of us, and for his Mum to see how well we all get along and how happy we all are in each others company…I know that would be a special thing for her, and for Tom. If only. <3 xyx
    Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..another one bites the dust

Cinnamon in the coffee, going to do that right about– NOW! Seriously, glabbing the cinnamon right now!
    I would eat with my sister who has passed, my sister who is living, and my mom. We have never got to sit down and enjoy eachother at once. She passed away when she was 6….. It would make my mom’s dreams come true to see her three daughters together for the first time.
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..California- Day 4 & bold blogging update!

Though I don’t like coffee one bit, I like cinnamon in/around everything I put in my mouth (well…. maybe not omelets) so I at least support the idea.

For my dream dinner, I think I’d stick with celebrity crushes for the sake of not crying when the meal was over. For laughs and deep-seeded Freaks and Geeks love, I choose Seth Rogen (since I’ve already met Jason Segel, though he’d normally be first choice). For strict eye candy purposes, Alexander Skarsgard (shirts at this table will be optional), and I’d also request that he occasionally feed me grapes. Bradley Cooper can be my chef, as I’m sure he’d make some bomb.com French cuisine and be able to, in perfect fluent French, describe it to me.
    Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..These Are a Few of My Favorite Things!

I’m definitely opposed to wasting food as well and will use up every last morsel of food that I can! Good idea on the veggie omelet. I’m all about the ketchup too! 😉 And cinnamon in the coffee grinds is a great idea! I’m going to try that tomorrow. I can’t wait for the presentation next week…I’m already all registered!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..What’s for Breakfast: Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie

For my dinner, I am going to pick a Phillies theme. I will take Cliff Lee, because he makes my heart soar. Hunter Pence because he’s the new guy and has been quite clutch since he came aboard. And Shane Victorino, because he was my crush before Cliff Lee came back to us. :)
    Krissie J recently posted..Breakfast of Quasi-Champions

OMG I totally forgot about that cinnamon trick with coffee! Have to do that again soon! I read somewhere that since cinnamon is high anti-oxidants, you get a big boost just from doing that. Awesome!
    Melissa recently posted..Pump-gasm?

I so admire your efforts to not waste food. I’m really bad about it, and with food being so expensive here, a little bit extra goes a looong way! :-)

Love this question – 3 people I’d love to eat with right now?? High school crush (haven’t seen him forever- perhaps there could be a spark!?), Lucy Danzinger, Editor-in-chief of SELF mag (want to pick her brain), Ellen (she could run the conversation). Pretty sure this would be an INTERESTING meal 😉
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Cupcake Monday: Hoppin’ on the Pumpkin Train

Cherry Pie is one of my favorite flavors of Larabars! The tartness is the best! :)

Congrats on being a Love Blogger. That is such a cool opportunity!! I love their granola so much.

If I could dine with 3 people it would be my boyfriend, my Grandma–who died when I was in 4th grade, and probably Kourtney Kardashian. She is my favorite celebrity right now. lol.
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Monday Mantra