Side Notes

by Courtney on September 20, 2011

Today is off to a good start. I’ve already gotten some stuff done around the house, got a good workout in, and have a good breakfast in my belly. Holla!

Workout

This morning I was in the mood for some cardio, which is a good thing, since it’s what I had planned on doing anyways. I decided to do the running option on my latest Pyramid Treadmill Workout. I don’t know why, but that workout seemed extra hard today. Yikes!

Breakfast

I know I’ve told you all this before, but I really hate wasting food. For example, whenever I make a batch of my Crackled Sugar Cookies, you’ll see me with a big ‘ol whopper of an egg white omelet the next day because I don’t want them (the whites) to just get thrown away.

Well last night when Jay finished up the last of the pasta salad, I noticed that there was a lot of the cut up veggies left in the bottom of the bowl. So, rather than throw them away, I threw ‘em in a baggie and saved them for this morning’s breakfast!

I picked out the carrots and cucumbers from the mix because, while I’m all for different omelet combos (especially this amazing one), I didn’t think they would be very good.

So instead, this one ended up getting filled with green peppers, red onion, grape tomatoes, dried basil, salt, black pepper, and some added goat cheese, which gave it the perfect amount of creaminess. Oh yes, and ketchup. Definitely can’t forget about the ketchup. Winking smile

Along with my omelet, I ended up having a cherry pie Larabar after spotting it in the cupboard and getting an intense craving for it.

I also had a delicious mug of coffee, which I actually need to tell you about. The other day, I noticed that the lovely Tina had added some pumpkin pie spice into her coffee grounds, which made me realize that it’s been forever since I’ve done that with cinnamon. (I’d do the pumpkin pie spice, but Jay wouldn’t go for that.)

The cinnamon adds an awesome hint of flavor to the coffee, which I’ve done for the past two days now. I’d definitely recommend giving it a try (thanks for reminding me, Tina!) Smile

Side Notes

• I’m a Love Blogger! Have you noticed that cute little badge that’s been up for about a week now? Well I was selected to be a part of Love Grown Food’s Love Blogger group, which I am beyond excited about. Not only do I absolutely adore their products, but I’m even more impressed with how friendly, approachable, and thoughtful everyone is who works there. They’re an amazing company and I’m so honored to be working with them and help “spreading the love!”
  • Feel free to check out my guest post over on Samantha’s blog that was up on Sunday (but I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re hungry…)
  • **Next Thursday, September 29th at 9pm EST, I will be joining Heather, Julie, and Brittany for the next #Fitblog webinar presentation. We’re going to be doing the presentation that we originally gave at the Healthy Living Summit, so if you were interested in hearing our thoughts but were unable to attend HLS, now’s your chance! All you have to do is register online by going here: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/871946958spots are limited, so I’d recommend only registering if you know that you’ll be able to attend.

Random Question for the Morning:

If you could have a meal with any three people in the entire world (living or deceased) who would they be, and why?

1 Faith @ For the Health of It September 20, 2011 at 9:38 am

I’d take Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy and Josh Freeman please – hello football dinner!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..{Five Mile-}Stones

2 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 20, 2011 at 9:40 am

In favor of not weeping over my keyboard and thinking about dead loved ones, I’d have to pick Michael Jackson, (so I could tell him about how I wrote a stellar report on him in 2nd grade during Black History Month), Jillian Michaels (so I could persuade her to kick my ass in the gym) and Stacey from What Not to Wear (because I’m no fashionista – and maybe she’d throw in a $5,000 gift card for a new wardrobe)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Cheers to Choosing Happiness

3 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat September 20, 2011 at 9:40 am

Holy productive morning!

I’d pick my deceased grandfathers and my new husband – he never got to meet them and says he’d love to know what they were like!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Plum And Apple Crisp

4 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 20, 2011 at 9:56 am

Yay- just registered for the Webinar! I’m excited !
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Homemade Pizza + Addictive Brownies

5 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 20, 2011 at 10:05 am

Just got that fitblog email about the webinar. I’m excited to hear your presentation since I wasn’t at HLS!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Salted chocolate sunflower seed butter dip

6 Ericka Andersen September 20, 2011 at 10:07 am

I also noticed that in Tina’s post earlier this week (about the coffee), tried and loved it! My boyfriend also started adding a little brown sugar (he likes to add this to really dark pots though) — and it works as well!

Okay, tackling the random question. I have no idea if these would REALLY be my picks but for today, I will say Billy Graham, Will Ferrell and Miranda Lambert. Now that would be quite an interesting lunch crowd!
Ericka Andersen recently posted..Running: Awake My Soul

7 Khushboo September 20, 2011 at 10:08 am

I would love to dine with my father and grandfather who are both not alive! My dad because he passed away young and suddenly and I want to tell him how much i love him. My grandfather because he was such a wise and enterprenuial man but when he was alive, I was to young to ask him questions (and pick his brains). My 3rd would be Oprah- love her and can imagine her being such a laugh to hang out with!

Who are your 3?
Khushboo recently posted..Maggie develops an eating disorder

8 Courtney September 20, 2011 at 10:33 am

I’ll have to go the celebrity/eye candy route:
Ryan Reynolds
Channing Tatum (just watched Step Up the other day and obsessed all over again with him)
Paul Walker

But honestly, choosing three would be REALLY hard. I’d also love to eat doughnuts and coffee with my grandpa again, too. :)

9 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer September 20, 2011 at 10:12 am

My Mother in Law has always put cinnamon in her coffee, but I’ve never done it. I keep meaning to, but I just forget.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..I Like TV

10 Yolie @ Practising Wellness September 20, 2011 at 10:14 am

Mmm…what a yummy and inventive breakfast! :-) I hate wasting food too – and so many congratulations on your Love Grown Blogger Status! :-D
I would have a meal with my boyfriend’s mum, who passed away very sadly and suddenly earlier this year, with my boyfriend Tom and his brother. I got to know his Mum really well but never got to enjoy having a meal with Tom, his mum and brother all together – me and Tom live in UK and the rest of his family are in NZ. It would make me so happy to share a meal with all four of us, and for his Mum to see how well we all get along and how happy we all are in each others company…I know that would be a special thing for her, and for Tom. If only. <3 xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..another one bites the dust

11 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 20, 2011 at 10:21 am

Cinnamon in the coffee, going to do that right about– NOW! Seriously, glabbing the cinnamon right now!
I would eat with my sister who has passed, my sister who is living, and my mom. We have never got to sit down and enjoy eachother at once. She passed away when she was 6….. It would make my mom’s dreams come true to see her three daughters together for the first time.
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..California- Day 4 & bold blogging update!

12 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers September 20, 2011 at 10:34 am

Though I don’t like coffee one bit, I like cinnamon in/around everything I put in my mouth (well…. maybe not omelets) so I at least support the idea.

For my dream dinner, I think I’d stick with celebrity crushes for the sake of not crying when the meal was over. For laughs and deep-seeded Freaks and Geeks love, I choose Seth Rogen (since I’ve already met Jason Segel, though he’d normally be first choice). For strict eye candy purposes, Alexander Skarsgard (shirts at this table will be optional), and I’d also request that he occasionally feed me grapes. Bradley Cooper can be my chef, as I’m sure he’d make some bomb.com French cuisine and be able to, in perfect fluent French, describe it to me.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..These Are a Few of My Favorite Things!

13 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 20, 2011 at 10:38 am

I’m definitely opposed to wasting food as well and will use up every last morsel of food that I can! Good idea on the veggie omelet. I’m all about the ketchup too! ;) And cinnamon in the coffee grinds is a great idea! I’m going to try that tomorrow. I can’t wait for the presentation next week…I’m already all registered!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..What’s for Breakfast: Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie

14 Krissie J September 20, 2011 at 10:41 am

For my dinner, I am going to pick a Phillies theme. I will take Cliff Lee, because he makes my heart soar. Hunter Pence because he’s the new guy and has been quite clutch since he came aboard. And Shane Victorino, because he was my crush before Cliff Lee came back to us. :)
Krissie J recently posted..Breakfast of Quasi-Champions

15 TheBloggersBrother September 20, 2011 at 10:47 am

Phillies are not allowed to be mentioned in this blog..please try again

16 Krissie J September 20, 2011 at 11:07 am

Pretty sure that wasn’t in the rules. ;) If I had to do another round, I’d pick Clinton Kelly, Tim Gunn, and Michael Kors. Better?
Krissie J recently posted..Breakfast of Quasi-Champions

17 TheBloggersBrother September 20, 2011 at 11:24 am

I don’t know who any of them are, so, absolutely! :-p

18 Krissie J September 20, 2011 at 11:27 am

Hah! I do apologize. I was aware you guys were big Jets fans, but I missed the Mets part somehow. I’m not familiar with what parts of NY go with the Yankees and what parts go with the Mets. But, now I know and knowing is half the battle. :)
Krissie J recently posted..Breakfast of Quasi-Champions

19 Courtney September 20, 2011 at 11:42 am

I love every single part of this conversation happening right now :)
Krissie, I have since given up on the Mets, but that is the family “team” so to say. However, I do still love me some David Wright.
So on that note, Dan, I’ll join you at your 3 dinner choices. ;)

20 TheBloggersBrother September 20, 2011 at 10:44 am

Grandpa bc I miss him, david wright bc hes david wright, and rex ryan so I can party with him

21 Shari @ The Daily Dish September 20, 2011 at 10:46 am

Love that you guys are doing a webinar. I’m all signed up! :)
Shari @ The Daily Dish recently posted..Tuesday’s Top Three

22 Courtney September 20, 2011 at 11:45 am

YAY!

23 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 20, 2011 at 10:51 am

Oohh, good question. I’m going to do a celebrity edition and choose Vivien Leigh, Laurence Olivier, and Lea Michele!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Tuscan Zucchini with Onions

24 Melissa September 20, 2011 at 10:51 am

OMG I totally forgot about that cinnamon trick with coffee! Have to do that again soon! I read somewhere that since cinnamon is high anti-oxidants, you get a big boost just from doing that. Awesome!
Melissa recently posted..Pump-gasm?

25 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun September 20, 2011 at 10:52 am

Yay! I should try with cinnamon. I bet that gives a nice flavor too. Love that easy (and cheap! LOL) way to spice up coffee. :)

PS – I miss you.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..I’m Back, Baby!

26 Courtney September 20, 2011 at 11:46 am

PS – I miss you back. A lot. I think I need to come down to Georgia and we can study together :)

27 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 20, 2011 at 10:54 am

The omelet was a very creative use of your leftovers!

Hmmm I’d say my grandmother, Reese Witherspoon, & Jackie O!!!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..I Didn’t Realize

28 colleen @ thegiftofmondays September 20, 2011 at 10:57 am

Garth Brooks- b/c he’s insanely talented and i would love to write a song with him.
My dad- b/c i miss him and i want to say “i love you” one more time.
and Jesus- well…b/c He’s Jesus!!!
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..is God listening?

29 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill September 20, 2011 at 11:17 am

I’ve never tried the cherry pie Larabar, but I’m thinking I might need to. I’ve heard it’s delicious, though I usually go for the chocolatey ones!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Date Night

30 Courtney September 20, 2011 at 11:48 am

I usually go for the chocolaty ones, too. They’re still my favorite, but the cherry is pretty good!

31 Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies September 20, 2011 at 11:22 am

I love the idea of putting cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice in coffee! Would that work if you don’t grind your coffee, too? I just do the stir into hot water coffee.. no coffee machine at my apartment!
Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies recently posted..Career course

32 Courtney September 20, 2011 at 11:47 am

It might not be as smooth of a flavor, but I’m sure it can’t hurt to try, right? ;)

33 debbie (accidently delish) September 20, 2011 at 11:25 am

i love putting cinnamon in my coffee grounds! i didn’t think about pumpkin spice. that’s a good idea!!
debbie (accidently delish) recently posted..By: Debbie

34 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 20, 2011 at 11:43 am

Aww! I wish I could make the webinar but I have a meeting at school at that time :( No bueno.

I saw Tina’s post with the pumpkin pie spice in her coffee too and pretty much freaked out. Why have I never heard of this magical idea before!?
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Crate Training 101

35 Brittany September 20, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I am so intrigued! The pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon idea, I have never heard before. I’m going to make it for tomorrow :D

36 Liz @ Southern Charm September 20, 2011 at 12:24 pm

That omelet looks amazing! I do the same thing with my leftover veggies :) Wasting just breaks my heart!

If there were three people I could have dinner with it would be Jennifer Garner, Beyonce and Eric Bana. Jennifer and Beyonce are such powerful women! They are my idols. Eric Bana? Well, a girl needs something to look at ;)
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..How Much Protein Do We Need & GIVEAWAY Cont.’d

37 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl September 20, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I so admire your efforts to not waste food. I’m really bad about it, and with food being so expensive here, a little bit extra goes a looong way! :-)

Love this question – 3 people I’d love to eat with right now?? High school crush (haven’t seen him forever- perhaps there could be a spark!?), Lucy Danzinger, Editor-in-chief of SELF mag (want to pick her brain), Ellen (she could run the conversation). Pretty sure this would be an INTERESTING meal ;-)
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Cupcake Monday: Hoppin’ on the Pumpkin Train

38 Rosa - Fitness Food Fulfilled September 20, 2011 at 1:45 pm

My three would be Jodi Picoult to discuss her books, Bradley Cooper because he’s hot, and Adele because she has an amazing voice and she could sing me a song in person.

39 Lizzie September 20, 2011 at 6:32 pm

i used to love eggs and ketchup back when i ate eggs!!
Lizzie recently posted..Eats n’ Outfits

40 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 20, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Cherry Pie is one of my favorite flavors of Larabars! The tartness is the best! :)

Congrats on being a Love Blogger. That is such a cool opportunity!! I love their granola so much.

If I could dine with 3 people it would be my boyfriend, my Grandma–who died when I was in 4th grade, and probably Kourtney Kardashian. She is my favorite celebrity right now. lol.
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Monday Mantra

41 Amelia @ princessandthefrosting September 25, 2011 at 8:16 am

Just found your blog, so glad I did!! I’m going to try the pumpkin pie spice in my coffee tomorrow, thanks for the great idea! :) Look forward to reading more in the future!
~Amelia
Amelia @ princessandthefrosting recently posted..Hallelujah!! Vega Sport’s new line!!

42 Courtney September 25, 2011 at 9:13 am

Thanks, Amelia! So glad to have you reading! :)