Comes With The Territory

I really, really like getting packages in the mail. Especially when they come from one of my favorite companies!

This afternoon, I actually ended up receiving quite the shipment of packages, to which Jay pronounced, “What?!? That is just not fair!”

Aww, sorry hubs. It comes with the territory. Winking smile

But back to that first goodie pictured above; I received a lovely little goodie box from Larabar, filled with some samples of their newest flavor: Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte.

Does that flavor not scream EAT ME RIGHT NOW or what?!? So of course, I did.

To date, my favorite Larabar flavors have been Blueberry Muffin and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough; but this flavor has definitely squeaked its way up to the top. It’s basically an exact replica of what it says…a chocolate chip cherry torte…just in bar form. Which is a-okay with me.

Thanks, Larabar, for the goodies!

*****

Tonight’s Dinner

Okay, Cooking Light magazine officially rocks. Thank you, again, to my mother-in-law, who purchased the subscription for Jay and I. It is perfect, and we will continue to love it for as long as the subscription lasts. Winking smile

Tonight’s dinner was another Cooking Light rock star.

The most recent issue contained a recipe for Quick Pastitsio which I had never heard of, but immediately knew it would be a hit in this house. For one, we can never go wrong when there’s pasta involved; we both love it to pieces. But I also knew that this recipe would be a hit with Jay when I saw that there was ground sirloin involved.

And guess what? I didn’t even make him cook it. Winking smile

I followed the original recipe almost exactly, only substituting a portion of the cream cheese with plain Chobani Greek yogurt. I think the next time I make it, however, I’ll probably add a little extra salt. One thing I’ve noticed with many of the Cooking Light recipes is that they’re lacking a bit in the salt department. Other than that, it was a winner!

Since I knew that we’d both probably go to town on the pasta dish, I kept things simple by serving it with some simple mixed greens, drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.

Deeelish.

*****

Okay, is anyone else as excited as I am for the fact that a brand new Modern Family is on tonight?!? I have been waiting all summer for it to come back on. I am obsessed psyched!

Question for the Evening:

What’s the last fun package you got in the mail?

Comments

1. Kathryn says

A few months ago a won a contest Subway was having. I received 3 tubs of salsa, 3 tubs of queso, 7 packs of guacamole, 3 bags of chips, gift card, and a giant 3foot avocado cooler thingy. I had forgotten the contest when I got my packages. Made it even more awesome.

omg im salivating just looking at that dish! must make! how fun for your lil larabar treat! I haven’t had anything fun in the mail except a few weeks ago my Erin Condren planner 😉 xo

Yay for modern family! You have to start watching The Middle too! It comes on right before MF and is hilarious!

Also, where did you but the 10lb slimdown dvd? I am obsessed with those!

That larabar flavor sounds great! I rarely buy larabars though because they are so easy to replicate at home. I’m sure this chocolate cherry torte one would be also! :)

I received a package from Crystal Light yesterday with some of their new Pure drink powders. LOVE getting things in the mail!
    Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Group Deal Meals

That recipe looks picture perfect! Being married to a Greek whose mom is from Greece and actually makes her own pastitsio, I would definitely give this a try. There’s no way I’m going to be able to replicate hers but I like the idea of a “quick” approach to it and I’m sure the hubby would appreciate it!
    Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Good for you zucchini fries

I have avoided trying the Chocolate Cherry Torte Larabar for the fact I swore it had walnuts in it, which I am allergic to! I have seen it at my health food store for the last month or so and was bitter everytime I thought I couldn’t try it. Guess we know what I will be up to tomorrow! lol.

That pasta dish looks wonderful! Cooking Light and Clean Eating Magazine always have great recipes! :)

The last fun package I got was some new Lululemon gear! :)
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..WIAW #8

I’ve seen a couple other bloggers receive the Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte LARABAR today and gave raving reviews over it too! It must be something pretty special!

The last “fun package” I got in the mail was a Vera Bradley wallet purse and a cute card from my mom. It was completely unexpected too – the best kind of packages! :)
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #2

Those larabars sound and look amazing. I’ll have to look for that flavor!

Dinner looks delicious! :)

The last thing I recieved in the mail was a candle to try out from a survey company for Bath and Body Works. I’m happy because the candle smells amazing! :)
    Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk: Flowers…

I always complain about how my husband gets packages and I never do, and a couple of months ago, we’d been looking everywhere for Lady and the Tramp on dvd because I had been dying to watch it, and he surprised me with having it come in the mail. It was the BEST package! :)
    Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Apple & Goat Cheese Sandwich