Voluminous At Its Finest

So I got a little wordy unexpectedly this morning and didn’t get a chance to share my amazing breakfast with you all. Hey, sometimes the words are just a-flowin’ and I can’t be stopped!

But don’t worry, I’m filling you all in on the good stuff now.

Yes, it was amazing, thanks to two huge contributing factors; the first one being, Coach’s Oats. I received this package of Coach’s Oats in the mail yesterday and since I’m still out of my buckwheat, there was no doubt I was going to be giving these a try.

Okay, umm, these oats are definitely giving my buckwheat a run for its money.

At first, I thought that these were just the typical, rolled oats that I buy from the store. But as it turns out, they’re slightly different- the groats are toasted to bring the natural sugars to the surface of the oat, then cracked into small pieces.

So there’s the first contributing factor to this awesome bowl of oatmeal. The second factor can be attributed to the lovely Chelsey. The other day, I came across her blog post on apple cranberry pumpkin oatmeal and was immediately intrigued, not by the ingredients, but by the preparation.

Chelsey, like me, loves voluminous foods – more bang for the buck, right? Well her way of cooking the oatmeal is actually a super-easy, two step process which involves semi-cooking them the night before, allowing them to sit overnight, and then finishing them off in the morning. I followed her process to a T, using my usual pumpkin oat recipe (+ 2 teaspoons of chia seeds).

I then topped it off with a little granola and some cinnamon raisin peanut butter, grabbed my mug of coffee, and I was good to go.

These oats were just so, so good. They were creamy, light and airy, full of pumpkin flavor, and filled a massive-sized bowl that took me a good 10 minutes to eat. It was voluminous at its finest.

Thank you, Chelsey and Coach’s Oats for making my breakfast fan-freakin-tastic. Winking smile

Looking for Halloween Cupcake Ideas?

FYI! My latest contribution to Celebrations.com is up, including 5 fun cupcake ideas:

108___09

Simple Spider Web Cupcakes

Easy Eyeball Cupcakes

Spooky Spider Cupcakes

Festive Pumpkin Cupcakes

Friendly Ghost Cupcakes

If you’re starting to think about some ideas for Halloween (like I am!), then you may want to give ‘em a look! Winking smile

Questions for the Afternoon:

Do you get excited for Halloween?

What was the last costume you wore for Halloween?

Comments

Those look awesome i’ll need to try that voluminous trick!!
    I LOVE halloween. It’s one of my favorite holidays. I’m not really sure why I think mostly because it screams fall to me and I just think it’s cute and fun to decorate :)

I was Snow White last year (last minute Target run = the least trashy female costume left). It worked well though because I have dark hair and pale skin. Our Halloween tradition is to have a big party at our house. The weather us usually nice so we set up in the driveway/front yard w/ bbq, tons of great candy and our friends even come over to decorate the house the day of. So fun! And all the little girls were screaming when they saw me (in excitement, not horror…I hope. haha.)
    I’m looking forward to this year’s already.
    Faith recently posted..Here She Is America…

Halloween is so much fun!!! Last year, I dressed up as Walk of Shame. I had on one high heel and a mini skirt with an oversized hoodie and a bra hanging out of the pocket. One earring, smeared makeup, club wristbands, bed head, the works. I even painted hickeys on my neck with costume makeup. It was fun!
    Melissa recently posted..New Girl

Mmm…that breakfast bowl looks divine – and my interest was especially piqued by the cinnamon raisin peanut butter…oh my, what a wonderful concept, lol! Yummy! <3
    We don't really celebrate Halloween here in England, but I always thought that it looked like such an awesome holiday – I ADORE the movie Hocus Pocus, it reminds me of Halloween so much. In fact, I feel like watching it so badly now. :-P xyx
    Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..eating by the book

Voluminous oats are amazing! Your bowl looks so, so good! My favorite part about Halloween is carving pumpkins. I also really like to see all of the fun costumes. The last time I dressed up I was a naughty nurse.
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..WIAW #8

6. Amy says

I can’t wait to try these oats they look so good. Steel cut oats are my fav with banana or pumpkin.
    I love Halloween. Last year i was a racecar girl. This year I think I might be a bumblebee.
    I’m a hairstylist in a salon and we all dress for halloween. Its so fun and the kids love it.

Trackbacks