Mosquito Magnet

by Courtney on September 25, 2011

Yesterday’s wedding was such a great time!

We headed down to the Cairo area yesterday afternoon for Jay’s cousin Stephen and his (now) wife Tiffany’s wedding.

It was a short, intimate ceremony, and I loved seeing the two of them with ear to ear smiles the entire time.

Congratulations, Steve & Tiffany!

Although the wedding was short, I still managed to get about six bug bites on one leg, two on another, and one on the back of my arm. I don’t know what it is, but I am a mosquito magnet. It was really fun when Jay proudly announced that he “got the mosquito” during the ceremony, as I looked to find it smeared down the back of calf. Lovely.

Here’s my favorite shoes I was telling you about yesterday; I ended up finding them at Marshalls a few years ago for a steal. They’re by Elie Tahari and probably the tallest heels that I own. While they were cute, they were absolutely killing me by the time the night was over…I really need to start wearing more comfortable shoes to weddings!

Once the ceremony was over, we headed inside to enjoy cocktail hour. This was Steve and Tiffany’s version of a guest book, which I thought was so creative. Both of them really enjoy the outdoors, so their “guest book” was actually a map of the Adirondacks.

We were also greeted with champagne upon arriving, which I was more than happy to take off their hands. Winking smile

I wasn’t feeling too hungry at the cocktail hour and didn’t feel like stuffing my face, so I kept it simple with some veggies and dip, a few crackers, and some cheese.

I also had a glass of Chardonnay.

After the cocktail hour was over, we headed in and waited for the bridal party to be announced. Steve and Tiffany looked appeared to have taken some dance lessons for their first dance, which I thought was so cute! Jay and I didn’t do this…we just sort of stumbled around the dance floor laughing at each other.

For dinner, we started off with Caesar salad, which was really good. I typically don’t ever order Caesar, but every once in a while it’s a nice change.

For my entrée, I ordered the chicken, which turned out to be chicken cordon bleu, served with a twice-baked potato and mixed vegetables.

Jay and I had some good laughs at our table, especially since we were sitting with Brian, Mal, and Denise.

We always have a good time with these three (plus Sarah, who was seated at another table…we made sure to meet up with her on the dance floor after dinner!).

The bride and groom didn’t have cake, but I did see that there was brownies, some cookies, and an ice cream sundae station. Believe it or not, I actually didn’t have any of them. Crazy, right? I guess I was just too busy bustin’ a move out on the dance floor.

Definitely a great night!

*****

This morning I woke up absolutely starving, so I headed straight to the kitchen, put on a pot of cinnamon-flavored coffee, and cooked myself up some buckwheat.

Today I was feelin’ a Pumpkin Buckwheat bowl (you’re not surprised, are you?) topped with some PB2 and TJ’s Multigrain O’s.

Paired with my coffee and I was a happy camper.

This afternoon, Jay and I are headed out once again to head over Joe & Kate’s house for some Sunday Football fun. ‘Tis the season!

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite part of weddings?

1 Lee @ in the pink of condition September 25, 2011 at 10:35 am

i’m a huge high heel wearer, but sometimes they are super uncomfortable! What I usually do is buy those cushion inserts for the ball of your feet that stick right into the shoe. You can usually buy them where you buy shoes, including Marshalls, and also at CVS in the foot care aisle. I swear they work wonders!
Lee @ in the pink of condition recently posted..Good news and Pinterest

2 Lindsay@LivingLindsay September 25, 2011 at 10:35 am

Love your shoes!
And I feel for you – I attract mosquitoes, too. My husband likes to blame it on my Bath and Body Works lotion, but even if i don’t put it on they find me!
My fave part of weddings is watching everyone dance. Once they have a few drinks, everyone thinks they are the best dancer. :) Oh – and of course, the cake. :)

3 Sara @ RunnerWife September 25, 2011 at 10:39 am

Love your shoes AND your dress! I love weddings, I wish I could go back and plan my all over again :) My favorite part of weddings is to watch the groom when bride first starts to come down the isle, his face is priceless! oh yea – and the cake too ;)
Sara @ RunnerWife recently posted..Saturday Happenings

4 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 25, 2011 at 10:40 am

Those shoes are awesome! I have the best high heeled red open toes shoes that I’m in love with but literally can only stand to wear for about 45 minutes before my feet feel like they’re going to fall off. Why can’t fashion and comfort go hand in hand?!
Watching the first dance is my fav part of a wedding. I love to hear what couples pick as their song. I remember being so paranoid about everyone watching us dance but when the situation is flipped around, it’s fun :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Oatmeal pumpkin pancakes

5 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy September 25, 2011 at 10:40 am

My favorite part of weddings is when the Bride and Groom see each other at the beginning of the ceremony! :) It is always such an amazing moment!

I LOVE those shoes… but they do not look to comfy, unfortunatley. :(
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..The C Word: College

6 Faith @ For the Health of It September 25, 2011 at 10:42 am

I always love the cake – and of course, the champagne!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Cornbread, Collard and “Cheddar” Muffins

7 Shannon September 25, 2011 at 10:49 am

I love your dress! You look so pretty! :)
Shannon recently posted..Time for a Giveaway!

8 Khushboo September 25, 2011 at 10:56 am

Love the shoes! I love the speech part of weddings- always brings a lump to my throat!
Khushboo recently posted..Blog posts > birthday cards

9 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 25, 2011 at 11:02 am

Your shoes are so cute!! And mosquitos are attracted to me too…I always get a ton of bites when other people don’t get any! During an actual wedding ceremony, I love it the look on the grooms face when he first sees his bride :). And during the reception- the dancing is always a good time!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Kitten Change

10 Allison September 25, 2011 at 11:17 am

After seeing PB2 on your blog, I finally ordered some. Wow! I was surprised at how great it tastes. I still love regular pb and ab, but this stuff is great when you are wanting less fat, dipping apples, or mixing in oatmeal. Have you tried the chocolate PB2? I’m thinking about ordering some next time I stock up. We might want to stock up on peanut butter soon because I heard prices will be going up due to a poor peanut crop. Jif is supposed to go up 30% in November .

11 Courtney September 25, 2011 at 11:29 am

I’ve never tried the chocolate PB2 but I’ve heard it’s great!

30%?!?!?! That’s no good… :(

12 Samantha September 25, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I heard that too – given my affection for peanut butter I think Allison’s stock up suggestion is a good idea! How much of a shelf life does unopened PB have?
Samantha recently posted..A Total Sweatfest

13 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 25, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I love going to weddings where the bride and groom didn’t see each other at all before the ceremony. The look on the groom’s face when he sees the bride is so priceless! :)
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..pumpkin protein oatmeal

14 Kristen September 25, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Love love the dress AND the shoes! Where’d you find the dress??

15 Courtney September 25, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Thanks! It’s from The Limited.

16 Jennifer @ Somewhere In Between September 25, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Your dress is gorgeous!! Goes perfect with the shoes – who doesn’t love a great Marshalls deal!!
Jennifer @ Somewhere In Between recently posted..Inspired By {Giada De Laurentiis}

17 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas September 25, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I LOVE the shoes! I have a pair that I love too, but they kill! My fav part of weddings is the dancing! Gotta love cheezy wedding songs! “Celebrate good times, C’mon!…”
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..Farmer’s Day Off

18 Shayla @ The Good Life September 25, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Wow I LOVE LOVE those shoes!!! Absolutely adorable! And the dress is gorgeous too, you’re looking beautiful girl :)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Friday Lovin’

19 Courtney September 25, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Thanks, girly! :)

20 Sana September 25, 2011 at 12:19 pm

No wedding cake?? Is that even legal?

21 Courtney September 25, 2011 at 12:48 pm

LOL :-D

22 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Love the shoes!! And dress!

An ice cream sundae station sounds amazing!!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Long Overdue

23 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection September 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I seriously love everything about weddings…One of my favorites though is the fact that it’s rare not to find happy people at a wedding–it’s so much fun and everyone is so happy the whole day. It makes me so excited to see my family and friends having fun at my upcoming wedding!
by the way, I love your dress! so beautiful.
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..like the golden rule…

24 Dee September 25, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Oh, those shoes! So pretty.

Sounds like a really fun wedding! I also love your dress! :)
Dee recently posted..Seven Things

25 Stellina September 25, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Really cute shoes!!!! I love getting all dolled up and watching two people start there new life together before my eyes! I also enjoy socializing, cocktail hour, open bar, and learning about new wedding venues :)
Stellina recently posted..Apple Picking

26 erica September 25, 2011 at 3:59 pm

i love slideshows at weddings. i know a lot of people don’t like them, but i enjoy looking at pictures and seeing the bride and groom with their friends and family growing up :)

and those shoes are gorgeous. :)
erica recently posted..OTV: ollie learns a new trick

27 Samantha September 25, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I love weddings, they’re always so beautiful! My favorite part is definitely the reception when it’s time to get down and boogie!
Samantha recently posted..A Total Sweatfest

28 Rosa - Fitness Food Fulfilled September 25, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Love your shoes! I always call the sky high shoes my “sitting shoes” because I never want to walk very far in them.

My favorite part of a wedding is when they’re saying the vows. I cry every time! Even when I got married!
Rosa – Fitness Food Fulfilled recently posted..New Running Gear!

29 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 25, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Your shoes are so stinkin’ adorable! Your dress is too, but I’m in love with the shoes. Looks like a beautiful wedding! My favorite part about weddings is the love in the air and the dancing!!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..African Food

30 Amber Starr @ Love, Laugh, Live Well September 25, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Ooo, totally love your shoes and your dress is great too! I always have a hard time finding cute dresses for weddings and comfy shoes. I usually wear the shoes anyways and just take them off or suffer though anyway (my calves are killing me today from the shoes I wore to a wedding last night).

Love the photos!
Amber Starr @ Love, Laugh, Live Well recently posted..Sweet, Precious Sister

31 Jess@atasteofconfidence September 26, 2011 at 12:43 am

Heels at weddings are KILLER. All day = me :(
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..We can be 80, 3, and 21— all in one weekend

32 Nicole @ PancakesandPilates September 26, 2011 at 11:58 am

It looks it was a beautiful wedding and those are gorgeous shoes! I completely understand why you had to wear them :) It’s so hard to resist gorgeous heels, even when you know you’ll probably regret it later. I’ve decided I’m only sticking to a few brands that don’t kill me.

I’ve only been to two weddings (one of which I was the bartender at!) so I don’t have a favorite yet. Just reading about people’s weddings on blogs makes me cry, so while I love the ceremony, I can’t say its my favorite because I’m a gushy mess during it. Maybe the toasts, those are a good, and manageable mix, of sentiment and fun.
Nicole @ PancakesandPilates recently posted..Siggy’s Fueled Apartment Hunting