Search For Sneakers

So today, I am happily enjoying my rest day.

After yesterday’s upper body workout, my shoulders and biceps are definitely feelin’ it. I’m a little nervous, actually, because tomorrow begins week 2, which has a focus on upper body…starting with a double upper body workout.

week2

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for that one!

Since beginning my new workout challenge, I’ve made a few different observations:

1. I find myself looking forward to, and being legitimately excited for each of the workouts. It’s amazing what a little switch of the routine can do!
  2. My muscles have not been this sore in months…but in a good way. I think my body was really getting used to my previous routine, and wasn’t being pushed like I knew it could.
  3. I need new sneakers

The sneakers that I’ve been using are my New Balance running sneakers that I received at Fitbloggin’ in May.

While I love those sneakers for running, I don’t think they’re quite doing the trick when it comes to the workouts that I’m doing now. There’s a lot more lateral movements and jumping around, and I need something that offers a little more stabilization and support.

Unfortunately, I’ve never really invested in a pair of cross training sneakers, so I don’t really know what’s the best out there. But, after doing a little bit of research online, here are a few that I’ve got on my radar…

Nike Free XT Motion Fit+ Women’s Training Shoe

Nike In-Season TR Women’s Training Shoe

New Balance 871 Cross Trainers

New Balance 1210 Cross Trainers

I’m hoping to make a decision in the next day or two so I can get a pair and start  using them ASAP, BUT, I thought who better to ask than my readers!

Do you own a pair of cross training sneakers? If anyone has any recommendations on cross trainers, please feel free to share them! Smile

Comments

I love the pink and gray Nike In-Season Training Shoe that Julie posted about the other day! I like the New Balance Cross Trainers, too! I am also searching for new sneakers, but I need ones for running. I’ve heard good things about the Nike LunarGlide and LunarElite running shoes. Have you had any experience with either of these? I am not a huge runner, but I have had my current sneakers for almost 2 years (eek!).
    Pamela recently posted..Workout: Women’s Health Superset

2. Kelly says

I actually have the first pair of new balance shoes that you posted (the purple and white ones) and I seriously LOVE them!! I use them for the gym which is mostly for classes (like body pump, attack etc) and sometimes for just going on the treadmill. They are seriously so comfy and just the best shoes I’ve had in awhile. Recommended for sure!

3. Katie says

How much room would you say you need to do these workout? They really sound great. Sometimes when it starts to get cold + rainy I find myself bailing on the gym, and an in-house option is definitely something I could work with. I’m just worried that I might not be able to do everything.

my problem with cross training shoes is I would just pick the cutest and could care less about stability, and all the other important stuff. so impressed you are willing to research this and somehow found cute shoes that wont kill your ankles and feet! I love the first two!!
    Alaina Johnson recently posted..Four Years Later

5. Marci says

i just recently bought the Nike Free XT Motion Fit+ Women’s Training Shoe and i REALLY love them so far. I have mostly worn them for classes at the gym (body pump, bodycombat, core fusion) and simple workouts but they have kept me much more stable on the BOSU ball then my previous shoes (nike running shoes)

I have a pair of really light weight adidas. I cant run with heavy shoes. Anyways u should pick some that suit your feet and if you have i.e. knee problems/ weak knees u might need more support on the inside of the shoe to not collapse! So try to get some that match ur body and don’t choose them just bc of the looks :)
    Let us know which ones u picked!
    Alexia @ NamasteYoga recently posted..Chocoholic

It’s SO true what you said regarding Cross Training shoes. Running shoes don’t give you the stability you need for all of that lateral movement and jumping and such. I actually hurt my ankle when I tried to do Insanity workouts in my running shoes. So definitely invest in Cross Trainers. I have a pair of Nikes that I bought years ago, made all the difference for me. Let us know what you pick and how you like them, I am definitely in the market for a new pair!!

And PS – I might follow suit and try the 10 lb. Slimdown program you’re doing. I checked our On Demand cable channel and all of the workouts are out there. Score! :)
    Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts recently posted..My New T-Shirt

i own the newbalance 1210 crosstrainers and i wore them for group power (the same as your body pump) class. I love them. I tried to run in them a couple times and that was definitely a disaster but if you stick to what they’re made for they’re really great!

I just bought new shoes on Monday! I looked at a couple of different Nike shoes since that’s what I’ve always bought, but since I really needed a stable shoe. At the recommendation of the sales person I tried on some Ascics and they are great. They are cute (hot pink and green), but are really sturdy for moving around yet really light weight for running. Good luck!
    Olivia recently posted..Allergy Blues