Banana Hammocks

Have you guys heard this song yet?? It is quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Love This Song!

You probably already know that I’m a fan of LMFAO, obviously, after you got to see me bustin’ a move on the dance floor with their Party Rock Anthem moves.

I heard this song, “Sexy and I Know It,” for the first time probably about a week ago, and then totally forgot about it. But then I heard it again over the weekend at the wedding and was shocked when Jay said that he hadn’t heard it. (Jay always hears the newest songs before I do. Always.)

I just downloaded it and made sure to add it to my latest playlist…I can’t wait to run dance around to it on my next treadmill workout. If you have three minutes, and you’re not appalled by funny looking guys dancing around in banana hammocks, then definitely check it out. It’s great. Smile

*****

Workout

This morning started off with Day 9 of the workout challenge:

week2a

I’m still loving all of these workouts and am really feeling each and every one of them. I just realized this morning that tomorrow and Thursday’s workouts are a bit shorter, so I’ll probably end up supplementing them with something else. But so far, so good!

Breakfast

Last night, I prepped another batch of voluminous oats to have ready for me this morning, but sans pumpkin this time.

I finished off the can of pumpkin yesterday morning and figured that I should take a break. I don’t expect it to last long, but, you know. Winking smile

Today’s batch of oats included some raisins and dried cranberries, and then got added into an empty peanut butter jar for the always classic, OIAJ. I topped it off with some Bob’s Red Mill Cinnamon Raisin Granola that I ordered from iHerb.com, and it is phenomenally delish.

In case you didn’t believe me before on how voluminous these oats are, just take a look at how much is in that jar – it’s filled right to the top! (Normally, it only gets about two-thirds filled.) Now that’s what I call good eatin’. Winking smile

I’m not going to lie. I was also *this close* to adding a chocolate covered date into the oats (<—by the way, make sure to enter the giveaway!) They’re just soooo good.

Coffee was also consumed, but was inhaled rather quickly today. Woops.

Time to tackle the day!

Possible Reading Material…

Question for the Morning:

What songs are you loving right now (to workout to or just in general)?

Comments

• Courtney says

LOL – I was actually listening to the song as I was reading your comment and the lyrics ended up being totally in sync with what you wrote! :)

I love that song, my husband hates it though so I do what ever good wife would do and crank the volume in the car when it comes on 😉
    My favorite workout songs are Stronger (Kayne West), Poker Face (Lady GaGa) and Party Rock Anthem another great LMFAO song :)
    Lindsey recently posted..Melissa’s Road Race Recap

I LOVE that song too! My husband actually heard it first – and then proceeded to randomly bust out “I’m sexy and I know it” in our house. :) We then had to see the video (after the Party Rock moves) and I must say, I’m slightly scarred for life from it! Yet, I still love the song – so it’s okay :)
    Megan recently posted..My Fives

Oatmeal and granola are may favorite in cooler months. They just make my morning so cozy.

Anything Beyonce and old school Janet Jackson always get me pumped up. I have to be careful though, I have taken a pretty bad fall on the elliptical when I forgot I was in public and started dancing. Note to self, NEVER lift your feet when on an elliptical, fail;)
    Heather @ Girlyeverafter recently posted..Baked Coconut Lentils

4. Leila says

So have you decided to take a temporary hiatus from the gym while you’re doing this workout program? The more I keep reading about it from you the more I am intrigued & wanting to do it. Before I just couldn’t justify not going to the gym for a month (money-wise), but I’m wondering if thats what I need: a break and switch up from my normal routine.

• Courtney says

Jay actually asked me the same question last night.
      I *may* end up going to the gym, but it’s not a priority right now. I needed a break and needed to switch things up. If it happens that I make it there, then that’s cool…if now, I’ll be back in a few weeks :)

5. Briana says

I went to an LMFAO concert with some friends last year and it was CRAZY fun! The energy was amazing with everyone dancing around. You should go to a concert if you ever get a chance. Those moves would be a hit 😉 haha

I’m in need of new workout music so ill definitley checkout that song. I’ve kinda overplayed Party Rock Anthem. I did the first day of 10 lb slim down and am definitely feeling it today. Can’t wait to do the next workout!

I’m going to go against the grain here and say that I’m not really a big fan of LMFAO. I can see why a lot of people dig them, though. Right now my current favorite workout music has been Baby Anne’s album Bottom Heavy. Lots of upbeat and bass-heavy breaks on that album!
    Krissie J recently posted..Dogfish Dash 2011