I Like It

by Courtney on September 30, 2011

I think that today was probably the first time I’ve worked out past noon in over four months. This reminded me of one major thing…I don’t miss it one bit!

Due to my late night last night, I decided to forego my morning workout and pushed it back to when I got home from work. I went back and forth with this decision last night before going to bed because I really love getting my workouts done first thing. It sets a great tone for the day and I just love knowing that it’s done. However, sometimes life gets in the way and schedules need to be rearranged; luckily, I’m still pretty psyched about all of the workouts in the new challenge, so my motivation was still raring to go by the time I got home.

Today’s workout brought me to Day 12 of the challenge, which consisted of the Total Body workout + Core Recovery workout. Both of them were great, and slightly more challenging, thanks to my use of the new “heavy-duty” dumbbells. I’ll be interested to see how I feel tomorrow!

*****

After showering up, I snuggled into my cozies and Jay and I just cracked open a couple of beverages. I let him have my last pumpkin beer while I am thoroughly enjoying one of my other all-time favorites.

CHEERS to relaxing Friday nights at home…and some exciting new news! Don’t worry, I’ll share that with you guys soon. Winking smile

We also realized that we had a coupon for half off at one of our favorite local pizza spots

So it looks like tonight is going to be a pizza and beer kinda night.

And I like it. Smile

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 30, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Ooo exciting news? <3 it!

I don't really enjoy working out in the afternoon, but sometimes I have to if I need more time! I only have 45 minutes in the morning!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday – the friday edition

2 Liz @ Something To Chew Om September 30, 2011 at 8:21 pm

That’s the BEST Friday night meal that exists on Earth. Period.

Can’t wait to hear this news! Such a tease :)
Liz @ Something To Chew Om recently posted..Night Eater

3 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] September 30, 2011 at 8:29 pm

it’s a pizza & beer night for me tonight, too — can’t wait!!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..my college lunchbox.

4 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 30, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I like the feeling of getting a workout done first thing, but I honestly have more energy as the day goes on, so working out in the afternoon works for me! I guess it just depends on the person :D

Um, that pizza looks amazing. If I were you I would LOVE it, not like it ;)
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Pancakes + Perspective

5 Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls September 30, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Mmmm that pizza! It looks DELISH, will you save me a slice? :)
Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls recently posted..We’re Back

6 Lauren September 30, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I hate working out in the evenings unless I’m teaching. I usually can muster up the motivation to teach or take a class but if I’m doing it by myself, forget it.
Lauren recently posted..Daily Dose: What Vitamins and Supplements I Take

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 30, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Love pizza nights!

Can’t wait to hear the news! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..My Favorites

8 Maria@La_Piattini September 30, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I love nights like that- enjoy! Excited to hear your exciting news :)
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..I Hate Girls Like You

9 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 30, 2011 at 9:29 pm

OOoh I like exciting news! :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Runner’s Block

10 Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly September 30, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Exciting news? Definitely not preggers since you’re pairing that surprise with a beer :-) !! j/k Can’t wait to hear!
Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly recently posted..I Got Running on My Mind

11 Nikki @ The Legalista September 30, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Holy delicious Friday night dinner!

Beer + pizza = fabulous combo. That pizza looks insanely yummy!
Nikki @ The Legalista recently posted..It’s Friday.

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 30, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I want pizza and beer! –Especially if it is Blue Point’s Blueberry!!!!!! :)
The husband is a football coach and he had a game tonight, so I could throw football in the mix too!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Deep Breath… Here it goes (part II)

13 Khushboo October 1, 2011 at 12:37 am

I am on a pizza kick- I think I’ve eaten it thrice this week already and the weekend is still young :D
Khushboo recently posted..Octoberfest indeed

14 dee October 1, 2011 at 1:07 am

mmm..blueberry beer!!

15 Ashlee October 1, 2011 at 1:49 am

Is that a local brewing company? I live in Upstate NY and I bet my hubby would like that beer.
I need a pizza and beer Friday night. Maybe next weekend :)

Can’t wait to hear the new news…
Ashlee recently posted..Featured Blogger of the Week: Mrs. Jess!

16 Courtney October 1, 2011 at 8:00 am

I believe it’s from somewhere downstate. So yes, it’s semi-local! :)

17 Heather October 1, 2011 at 7:52 am

I love your light-hearted attitude about eating, Courtney! You take your health seriously but still leave plenty of room for fun…just the way it should be. :-)
Heather recently posted..Catholic Afternoon & Jewish Evening

18 Shayla @ The Good Life October 1, 2011 at 10:00 am

Ooooo can’t wait to hear the exciting new news!! And I’ve never tried blueberry beer…something tells me that if you like it I would too?! ;) And there’s nothing better than beer and pizza…hope you had a nice relaxing (delicious) night! :)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Friday (Fives) Lovin’

19 Mac October 1, 2011 at 5:52 pm

WOW that pizza looks phenomenal! Sounds like my kind of night :)
Mac recently posted..The Big 2-5