My Fives

by Courtney on September 30, 2011

Over the past week or so, I’ve seen a fun little survey posted a few different times on Julie, Cait and Chelsey’s blogs. I’m also stealing the survey today because I could not, for the life of me, come up with a Fashion Friday post, and I thought that this would be a lot more fun.

source

So here we go…my Fives!

Last five people I talked to on the phone:

1. My dad
  2. My mom
  3. Jay
  4. My pharmacy
  5. Sarah

Last Five Meals I Ate:

1. Pumpkin bagel with pumpkin-peanut butter and banana slices
  2. Leftover stuffed spaghetti squash
  3. Veggies + hommus, yogurt + granola, a peach and a SOYJOY bar
  4. Same pumpkin bagel as above…again
  5. Apple Cider Cupcake and a chocolate covered date (not a meal, but it was tasty!)

Last five places I’ve traveled:

1. Philadelphia, PA
  2. Wildwood, NJ
  3. Virginia Beach, VA
  4. Outer Banks, NC
  5. Baltimore, MD

Next five places I will go (outside of my hometown):

1. Brian & Mal’s apartment
  2. A baking class(!)
  3. Our friends’ wedding
  4. A local winery for a super fun event (more info to come soon!)
  5. My friend Joelle’s Halloween party (<—so much fun!)

Last five workouts:

1. Days 12, 11, 10, 9, and 8 of the 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme Challenge!

Five things making me happy right now:

1. It’s Friday and I have no specific plans for tonight.
  2. Spending Saturday morning being lazy with my two favorite boys.
  3. I’ve completed two full chapters of studying this week (WOOP!)
  4. I’m going to be seeing some of my favorite people this weekend for some Sunday Football.
  5. Tomorrow is October 1st which means I can finally put out my Halloween decorations

Plus…one more added by me:

Five essential clothing items for fall:

1. UGG boots
  2. North Face fleeces
  3. Bulky, cozy sweaters
  4. Skinny jeans for tucking into boots
  5. Scarves – LOTS of scarves!

Now it’s your turn!

Feel free to share ANY of your fives today! Smile

1 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine September 30, 2011 at 1:04 pm

The last 5 places I’ve traveled:

1. Gibsonville, NC (so much fun)
2. Wrightsville Beach, NC
3. NYC
4. Charlotte, NC
5. Boone, NC
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..WIAW – A Little Late to the Party!

2 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine September 30, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I forgot to mention, skinny jeans and uggs are fantastic together!

3 Khushboo September 30, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Love this survey- keep meaning to fill it in! You have some exciting plans coming up!

5 things that made me happy today:

1. A great upper body workout
2. Realising how much trust and faith my boss has in me
3. Seeing my mom make jello shots for my cousins party tomorrow
4. Catching up with a friend over dinner
5. Warm crusty bread with organic chocolate & hazelnut spread
Khushboo recently posted..Octoberfest indeed

4 Sweet and Savvy September 30, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Scarves are the best for fall!!:)

5 Amanda September 30, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Ohhhhhhhh five essential items for fall! xox loved your post babe!

1. Tall Boots in Brown/Black
2. Nice leggings
3. Scarves
4. Cute Tunic/Shirt with Sweater/Belt
5. Big Earrings

Yep, I pretty much just laid out a fab outfit for fall! You’ll find me wearing that all the time this fall haha! :) xo
Amanda recently posted..Scott’s First Blog Post!

6 Hilary@mycraftedlife September 30, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Five things that make me happy today:

1. The cool weather- A perfect fall day!
2. My little sister is coming home from college for the weekend.
3. Spending the afternoon with my boyfriend.
4. Grocery shopping
5. Drinking a good cup of hot coffee

7 Cait @ Cait hates Cake September 30, 2011 at 1:21 pm

5 essential clothing items for fall:
1. scarves
2. boots (black, brown, & rain)
3. leggings (patterned and plain)
4. long sweaters and long fitted sweatshirts (to cover legging-clad booty)
5. iowa gear (i’m a hawkeye fan!)
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..I Put That Sh*t On Everything!

8 Pamela September 30, 2011 at 1:23 pm

My most recent post is 5 reasons why I love the fall! :)
Pamela recently posted..Why I Love the Fall

9 Sara @ RunnerWife September 30, 2011 at 1:26 pm

5 essential clothing items for fall:

1. Any kind of boots
2. comfy sweatshirts
3. sweaters
4. leggings (regular and running)
5. football gear
Sara @ RunnerWife recently posted..Treadmill Day

10 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 30, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Five fashion must-haves for Fall:

1) Cozy knit hats
2) Sweaters!!
3) Tights/Leggings
4) Cardigans
5) Boots (of any sort!)
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Tonight

11 Hilliary@HappilyEverHealthy September 30, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I really want to do this survey on my blog! It looks like such fun!

5 things that make me happy!
1- Its fall and it looks like the weather is finally going to stay cool!
2- The leaves are turning the fabulous shades of orange and red and starting to fall!
3- The fact that scarves of the perfect accessory right now!
4- I have the weekend off from work!
5- Its Friday!
Hilliary@HappilyEverHealthy recently posted..Friday Calls for Cookies!

12 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 30, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I just did this “Top Fives” post on my blog a few days ago too! I saw it on Chelsey’s blog and thought it’d be fun. I like your addition of the “Five Fashion Must-Haves for Fall”!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Living Room Body Weight Workout

13 Hope September 30, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I’ll go with the Five Fashion Essentials for fall: Uggs, Scarves, North Face Jacket, Skinny Jeans, Cute 3/4′s Sleeve Shirts. :)

I can’t believe tomorrow is October 1st already! Time sure does fly!
Hope recently posted..A Friday Favorite…

14 TheBloggersBrother September 30, 2011 at 1:48 pm

5 things I wish I was doing right now, besides working:
1. Playing a sport
2. Watching a sport on tv or in person
3. Looking at myself in the mirror
4. Chillin with my sister
5. Sleeping

15 Courtney September 30, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I like number 4 the best…but number three is SO you. ;)

16 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 30, 2011 at 1:57 pm

1. Having fun with my students
2. A good long distance phone plan
3. Dark chocolate
4. the sunshine
5. New shoes from my momma!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Deep Breath… Here it goes (part II)

17 Lindsey September 30, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Love the added “five”, here are my essential fall clothing items:
1- long cardigans
2- dark skinny jeans
3- brown tall boots
4- comfy, warm hoodie
5- leggings!
Lindsey recently posted..Giveaway:NuNaturals!

18 Lindsay @ biking before bed September 30, 2011 at 2:45 pm

5 fall fashions
1) College hoodie (I am going to pick up a new one when I visit my alma mater this weekend!)
2. Ugg boots
3. Beanies (with pom poms)
4. Dark skinny jeans
5. Cardies
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Thanks for A cappella and Garlic Presses

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 30, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Love your 5 essential clothing items for fall… I totally agree with them!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Indian Summer

20 Erica September 30, 2011 at 3:23 pm

5 things that made me happy today:

1. my dog, ollie. =)
2. it’s friday
3. coffee
4. 2 pieces of furniture was put together yesterday, and we now have a much needed coffee table!
5. knowing 2 more pieces of furniture and our blinds are gonna all be up by the end of next week!
Erica recently posted..euro trip planning: to tour or not to tour?

21 Susan September 30, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Oh my goodness, I LOVE scarves in the fall too. I was just putting away some summer clothes yesterday and pulling out the stuff for fall and I found all of my scarves and it was so exciting! Bring on fall!! :)
Susan recently posted..Weird Taste Buds

22 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled September 30, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Last five places I’ve traveled:
1. Scottsdale, AZ (work)
2. San Diego, CA (fun)
3. Pacific Grove, CA (golf tournament)
4. Kauai, HI (honeymoon)
5. Maui, HI (wedding)
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Strength Training Routine for Upper Body

23 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 30, 2011 at 6:34 pm

I’m happy to see you still like UGG boots! A couple of girls at work were making fun of them, and I was too ashamed to say that, for me, they are a winter staple. They’re so cozy and warm!

24 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health September 30, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I love these things!

5 things that make me happy right now!
1. The fact that it’s Friday and that I don’t have TOO much hw this weekend
2. My second try with a kitten- so far this one is a success :)
3. The glass of wine I’m enjoying right now
4. Knowing that I have less than 1 week until I see my bf!!
5. TV shows are back on!!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Sometimes You Just Need Some Candy

25 Katelyn@ Foodie Goes to School September 30, 2011 at 7:51 pm

So I was all excited about the webinar last night. i had my banana ice cream all ready to go. At 8:55 I clicked on the website and for some reason IT WOULD NOT WORK! I downloaded Java and everything. I don’t know what happened. But I pretty please ask of you all to do another one soon so I can get in on this webinar stuff!
Katelyn@ Foodie Goes to School recently posted..Five at Five

26 Courtney September 30, 2011 at 8:06 pm

OH NO!!! I’m so sorry that happened to you! :(
I wonder what could have happened?!!?! There was definitely some discussion about the potential for another webinar, so I will keep you updated :)

27 Caroline September 30, 2011 at 7:57 pm

I’m right there with you on your five essential clothing items for fall!

28 dee October 1, 2011 at 1:18 am

5 things I shouldn’t have eaten today:
1. the large spoonful of peanut butter and nutella after dinner (and a cookie)
2. a second very large spoonful of peanut butter and nutella
3. the extra helping of caramel popcorn (sample) at Costco (yep, I’m the little lady juggling 3 samples at once!)
4. the Oreo sample that caught my attention (across from the popcorn sample station) at Costco
5. the last bits of my boyfriend’s popcorn sample from Costco

yea, you better believe I was amped during that shopping trip..phew! I shouldn’t have eaten my weight in sweets, but I can’t say I regret it! Although I am craving some cold veggies now! :)

29 Courtney October 1, 2011 at 7:59 am

I LOVE this response! This was hilarious, Dee! And hey, no worries. We all go nuts over the samples every now and then. ;)

30 Katy @ HaveYouHurd October 4, 2011 at 12:08 pm

YOUR FIVE FALL FASHIONS JUST GOT ME SO PUMPED FOR FALL! WOOO!
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Warrior Dash!