While I Was Chatting Away…

by Courtney on September 30, 2011

Hey, guess what? I can now say that I’ve officially got my first webinar under my belt!

Last night, I met up with Heather at the coffee shop a little earlier than our scheduled start time so that we could do some blog stuff and just spend some time catching up. I’m always game for getting a little extra face time with this lady!

DSCN2332

Also, please take note of the attire for the evening…it was definitely an evening for the cozies.

Before getting things started, I made sure to get another delicious beverage. I had J make the same drink for me as last week, except this time it was warm…and it was just as amazing, if not more so.

In addition to my yummy drink, check out the spread of treats we had at our disposal. Talk about fuel for a webinar! Winking smile

Heather and I got a little sampling of pear and apple pies, homemade gingerbread, and toasted pumpkin seeds which were all fresh from the coffee shop.

IMG_8532IMG_8535

We made sure to nibble on them throughout our session…

DSCN2331

Oh yeah. You know I was definitely snacking while we were all chatting away!

But when we weren’t munching on fresh baked goodies, we were definitely hard at work, and I must say that I am really happy with the way the webinar went!

IMG_8543IMG_8541

About 20 minutes into the discussion, we did have a slight technical malfunction (aka, the webinar crashed…) but we got back up and running in no time, and everything else went off without a hitch. Heather, Julie, and Brittany all did an amazing job, and I was so happy to be a part of such a wonderful group of ladies.

As I’ve mentioned before, the topic of negativity is something that I could talk about for days. There’s just so much to be said, and after last night’s discussion, it appears that I’m not the only one. There was a lot of good discussion happening, and some great questions were asked by everyone.

Now if only all four of us could have been together in the same room again to do this…

Now THAT would have been a good time. Winking smile

If you were one of the ones out there listening and participating, so THANK YOU so so much! I would love to hear any thoughts/comments/feedback that you might have about anything, so feel free to share here or shoot me an email. Hopefully I didn’t ramble *too* much and that my million “umm’s” didn’t get in the way of what I was trying to convey.

For those of you who weren’t able to attend the webinar, but are still interested in listening in on the discussion, I believe that it will actually be posted sometime soon on the Fitblog Chats website. I’ll be sure to give ya’ll a heads up when it is!

*****

Since last night’s webinar didn’t get me home until almost 11:00pm, and I have to work again today, I decided that an early morning workout probably wouldn’t be the best idea. So for now, I’m enjoying another one of these for breakfast, and heading out to grab one of these…

Time to celebrate Coffee Friday!

*FYI: Make sure to head on over to Heather’s blog this morning. Cody is making a special guest appearance over there!

Questions for the Morning:

Have you ever participated in a webinar?

What are you celebrating on this Friday?

1 Sam @ owlmazing September 30, 2011 at 8:14 am

Wow that sounds really awesome! We have the same laptop btw ;) congrats on a successful night!

2 Khushboo September 30, 2011 at 8:15 am

I am celebrating life this Friday–> haha how corny is that! I am in one those “I love life” moods! Lately I’ve been going to bed happy, waking up happy, life is great! Have a fabulous Friday, Courtney!

3 Heather September 30, 2011 at 8:21 am

I LOVE this comment. Can I borrow a little of your optimism!? I can FEEL your smile through the screen! ;)
Heather recently posted..Dear Benson

4 Khushboo September 30, 2011 at 8:34 am
5 Emma September 30, 2011 at 8:19 am

That sounds so neat! I’ll have to go listen at Fitblog Chats.
I am jealous of your coziness and yummy treats. What a cool coffee shop that has pumpkin seeds and pie! Hot diggity dog.

6 Krissie J September 30, 2011 at 8:20 am

I am celebrating the arrival of the sun and actual fall weather with my own coffee Friday, Pumpkin spice coffee & doughnut from Wawa. I’m jealous of your proximity to each other! ;)
Krissie J recently posted..A Brief Running Hiatus

7 Heather September 30, 2011 at 8:22 am

I am so thankful to have such a great local friend. I went on for a good 30 minutes about how much I adore you and am grateful to have met you to Nicholas [and Benson!] last night. We should schedule a blogging date sometime soon. Or a double date? oh, dear. Now I must be serious about this boy ;)
Heather recently posted..Dear Benson

8 Courtney September 30, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Awww I love you, Heather! Another date definitely needs to happen in the near future! :)

9 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health September 30, 2011 at 8:23 am

So glad your webinar went well!! I can’t wait til it’s posted to Fitblog chats :). Hope you have a good day at work!!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Sometimes You Just Need Some Candy

10 Molly September 30, 2011 at 8:25 am

I’m celebrating a massive sale at a grocery store (that is sadly going out of business..) but that means everything is extremely marked down– score! Definitely will be stocking up on nut butters/pumpkin/yogurt yum!
Molly recently posted..I got this huge box in the mail.. did I mention it’s huge?

11 Jodi September 30, 2011 at 8:36 am

Congrats on a successful webinar! Those munchies probably helped :-)

12 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 30, 2011 at 8:39 am

I wish I could’ve been around for your Webinar, but I had a late night meeting to go to last night. Anyway, I’m happy to hear that all went well (Especially since pumpkin seeds were involved. Win?)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Pup Responsibility

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 30, 2011 at 8:40 am

I need to get myself to DD stat to try their pumpkin spice & compare it to Starbucks! Maybe today after work?! I think yes.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Indian Summer

14 Hilliary@HappilyEverHealthy September 30, 2011 at 9:01 am

Congrats on a successful night! All your treats look delicious!
Hilliary@HappilyEverHealthy recently posted..Stuffed to the Brim

15 Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count September 30, 2011 at 9:12 am

Ugh..Early mornings after late nights definitely demand some extra caffeine in the moring!! Happy Friday!
Taylor @ Crumbs Don’t Count recently posted..Spin Nazi

16 Courtney September 30, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Yes, its mornings like today where I wish that caffeine actually had an effect on me! I could drink it all day long and it does nothing to wake me up…both a good and a bad thing!

17 Hope September 30, 2011 at 9:20 am

Sounds like a graet webinar! Those desserts look amazing! :)

I’m celebrating that it’s Friday and that I’m having my family over for dinner tonight! Yay! :)
Hope recently posted..A Friday Favorite…

18 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 30, 2011 at 9:53 am

Can’t wait to catch up on the webinar! I am celebrating checking off another week of nursing school! 4 more weeks of classes to go!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..finding the positives

19 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 30, 2011 at 10:15 am

That gingerbread looks like it belons in my house. Yep, want a bite or twenty of that!!! … I’m glad your webinar went well.
AND there is that dress again! Each time I see it, I want it! Too bad I can’t get my hands on one,darn JCP for not saving one just for me, I just LOVE it to pieces!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Deep Breath… Here it goes (part II)

20 Pamela September 30, 2011 at 10:28 am

I celebrated National Coffee Day yesterday with my 1 pump pumpkin coffee at DD! I think I should also celebrate your Coffee Friday today as well! :)
Pamela recently posted..Why I Love the Fall

21 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl September 30, 2011 at 10:36 am

My company does webinars every now and then. Usually I’m the behind-the-scenes persons helping to ensure everything goes well without a glitch :-).

I’m celebrating my upcoming 10 day work trip to the West Coast! On Sunday I leave for LA, San Diego and Vegas!! Cannot wait!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Fluffernutter Fingers and Theme Song Thursday

22 Brittany September 30, 2011 at 10:48 am

Congrats on the webinar! I missed it but I am definitely looking forward to seeing it on in the future!

23 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer September 30, 2011 at 10:49 am

Yes! The pimp cup returns! :)
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..I Deserve It

24 Courtney September 30, 2011 at 12:20 pm

LOL!!

25 Shari @ The Daily Dish September 30, 2011 at 11:00 am

The webinar was great. Definitely not too many “umms”. I thought it was very informative, and nice to hear that everyone has had similar experiences. :)
Shari @ The Daily Dish recently posted..Foodie Friday: Bite-Sized Edition

26 Courtney September 30, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Thanks Shari! It was so nice to see a familiar face! ;)

27 Amanda September 30, 2011 at 11:10 am

You guys are amazing and so inspiring! I just wanted to let you know :-) The webinar was fabulous!!
Amanda recently posted..Being with Amanda: Our Story

28 Courtney September 30, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Thank you soooo much! :)

29 Lauren September 30, 2011 at 11:15 am

Congrats on your webinar! Sorry I missed it but I had to work. :( I have one coming up next month so I better start preparing.
Lauren recently posted..Feeling Fall Salad

30 J @ ... semplicemente j ... September 30, 2011 at 11:45 am

I am celebrating that it is Friday and I have the weekend ahead … wish I had known about the webinar. J
J @ … semplicemente j … recently posted..… undressed hamburger for dinner …

31 Heather @ Girlyeverafter September 30, 2011 at 11:54 am

Last night’s webinar was so great! I really learned a lot and though I haven’t had to deal with as much negativity as the hosts, I now know how to handle a situation if it ever arises.
Heather @ Girlyeverafter recently posted..Last Day Plans

32 Cait @ Cait hates Cake September 30, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I also got a pumpkin coffee from DD this morning and it was darn good!! I’m celebrating my brand spankin’ new camera today!!
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..I Put That Sh*t On Everything!

33 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled September 30, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I was on the webinar last night and thought you guys did a great job, especially having to bounce back from the crash. I loved hearing your voices live and the Q&A portion was really interesting.

I’ve had to do numerous webinars for different work things and even presented in front of a group of 350 once. Intimidating, but it only takes a minute or two to feel comfortable.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Strength Training Routine for Upper Body

34 Kim @ The Family Practice September 30, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Glad it went well for ya! Please let us know when it’s posted, I’d love to listen :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Fall Pumpkin Planters and Easy Curry

35 Jackie @ That Deep Breath September 30, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Great job on the webinar ladies! You all did awesome. I missed the first 15 minutes so I can’t wait to hear the beginning when it’s posted!
Jackie @ That Deep Breath recently posted..Friday Favorites

36 Shayla @ The Good Life September 30, 2011 at 2:55 pm

What fun and awesome job to you all! I would love for you to give us a heads up when it’s posted as I’d love to hear it!

And in regards to a couple posts back, I also request for a video tutorial on frosting your cupcakes…always wondered how you make ‘em so pretty :)

I’m celebrating Friday with fro yo this afternoon with one of my girlfriends!
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Friday (Fives) Lovin’

37 Jaclyn September 30, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Oooh well I have been traveling, so that’s probably why (I’m in Paris) but I didn’t hear about that webinar! I will have to catch it next time!

Do you ahve another scheduled? Nice score on the snacks for that btw!!
Jaclyn recently posted..Jet Lag and Sleeping Pills

38 Lizzie September 30, 2011 at 9:54 pm

sounds like fun!!! :)
Lizzie recently posted..Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Dip!